Original Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robinita
Anyone a fan of the original Batman w/ Adam West??
I think he's great smile

Mr Parker
Me."Raises hand." smile especially the ones with Catwoman in them. big grin

Impediment
Julie Newmar? droolio

Knightfall93
B66n is the 2nd best Bat-movie and a great classic! It was the best Batman for nearlyy 40 years... man,v that ruled! Adam West and Burt Wardd... atb least they werent homicidal lunatics! OkK... they WERE lunatics but NOT homicidal...

Knightfall93
However, the original Batan on-screen was a blcak and white 40s serial, fololowed up by Batman and obin. Apparently it was MEANT to be serious but never worked that way... something to do with wizrards...

smiley8
The first time i saw batman when i was 5, so whatever anyone says about adams wests batman he was and will always be the classic batman!

Knightfall93
I know... people who moan about the show have NO sense of humour... "Holy strawberries, Batman, we're in a jam!"

Scarecrow756
The Batman 66 series is ok, it sometimes comes on TV and I watch it.

Knightfall93
It's BRILLIANT

Deicide
Adam West Batman sucked!! whats wrong with you all?? on the tv show Batman only went out in the daytime and when night fell he was like. "night is drawing near Robin ol chum...we better get inside, the criminal element comes out at night. its dangerous to be out after dark". or something like that. i mean come on. when does Bats do most of his crime fighting?? AT NIGHT!! thats why he's called the dark knight. Adam West thinks he is Batman and was pissed that he wasnt cast as Batman in the 1989 film. all the copies of episodes of that show and the movie should be launched into the sun. give me a break.......................

Knightfall93
It was the a COMEDY, you moron, and that picture is really immature

Kal875
I 2nd the immaturity notion

Gregory
Deicide is an idiot. The West show was a faithful adaption of the comics. You think the comics should have been darker in the 60's, Deicide? Tough shit. Go whine to the DC editors, or leave your basement and whine to your mom (who doesn't love you), or tearfully masterbate to pictures of Batgirl, or do whatever it is you do when you're aroused to frothing outrage over a forty-year old TV show. I don't care. But next time, don't bother telling us about it.

braz
^now now now, lets not dwell on the past on what Batman USED to be, lets deal w/ the present n the future which currently, i believe now he is considered to be the dark knight(thx to Frank Millerbig grin) and invoked fear into his opponents & came out ONLY at night n there's not and never will be a damn thing funny about it, i dont care how original that gay shyt was.

braz
Originally posted by robinita
Anyone a fan of the original Batman w/ Adam West??
I think he's great smile sick

robinita
yea knightfall, i totally agree with you
it was a brilliant classic.. big grin

i heard he's going to be on TVLand tmrw night
tvland.com/originals/litvl/

woohoo i can't wait
it'd be nice to see what he's been up to
who's watching with me? ;o)
--robinita

Knightfall93
LOL... I want to ssee a spoof on Thev Dark Knight Returns with Adam West as Batman once again!

Red Superfly
I loved this show when I was a kid, and I still love it now.

It was corny, rediculous and quite faithful in all fairness. I don't think there will ever be anything like it ever again. How could one franchise be translated in so many different ways? I love anything Bat-related, and even though it's a terrific spoof these days, it also provides a snapshot into how Batman was originally marketed back in the 60's.

I love the 60's movie too. It has some Family Guy-level (Getting rid of the bomb - anyone?) comedy and it was way beyond it's time. Genuinely clever and witty. People that say its corny and stupid have clearly missed the point, or are just insecure bores when it comes to actually liking something so colourful, outragous and silly.

60's Batman up there with Batman Begins and the Animated Series as some of the finest Bat-work.

The moment where a porpoise hurls itself in front of one of the Riddlers missiles to save Batman and Robin from certain doom is pure genius.

Scarecrow756
I tend to think it was good at the time because at the time the Batman comics were really campy and full of elements of the fantastic instead of realism. But I always kind of get joy to watch it whenever it is on now. And Joker was really cool as well. I am not a total hater of it, I think it is quite entertaing even though I am a fan of Burton`s and Nolan`s Batman films as well as Batman being a dark chracter.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
I tend to think it was good at the time because at the time the Batman comics were really campy and full of elements of the fantastic instead of realism. But I always kind of get joy to watch whenever it is on now. And Joker was really cool as well. I am not a total hater of it, I think it is quite entertaing even though I am a fan of Burton`s and Nolan`s Batman films as well as Batman being a dark chracter.

The way I look at it, we have enough Batman material where he's dark and gloomy. The current Batman character is dark, the movies are now in a dark spell once again as it should be. That's how I prefer it too, but I do love the idea that there's this crazy, stupid, hilarious version of him out there too.

Old school Batman is great, like a perfect opposite to Begins and the current comics.

Batman & Robin was like some sort of freakish hybrid. It had all the stupidity of the 60's without the actual fun and humour, and tried to be serious and dramatic like the Burton films, keeping the rubber suits. It ended up being the worst possible combination of past Batman projects.

Impediment
I like the 60's Batman. I know that it is not who Batman is, but its fun to watch. I dont take this show, at all, seriously. If you want to see REAL Batman, watch Batman Begins. Or read some issues by Frank Miller/Jeff Loeb/Alan Moore.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Gregory
Deicide is an idiot. The West show was a faithful adaption of the comics. You think the comics should have been darker in the 60's, Deicide? Tough shit. Go whine to the DC editors, or leave your basement and whine to your mom (who doesn't love you), or tearfully masterbate to pictures of Batgirl, or do whatever it is you do when you're aroused to frothing outrage over a forty-year old TV show. I don't care. But next time, don't bother telling us about it.

Yeah really.well said gregory.Its funny how he says the 60's batman show wasnt Batman yet he doesnt seem to realise that neither was The 89 version anything like Batmans character. laughing

Its still a fun show to watch for the nostalgia memorys and it still gives me a great laugh the way they really hammed it up back then.At least it was funny.

braz
ya know, this is one thing i thought, when i saw Batman Begins. like wow. this is the first REAL believable, dark, portrayal of Batman at its absolute rawest. and it really put a twist on the way batman would be looked at. FOREVER.(if only it was marketed better and didnt have to come after schlumber's or w/e films, the public would have recognized it more and saw it mad ) but then, you look back in history in the 60's and see how batman is portrayed as campy, silly, hoaky ect. and its kinda funny, cuz without that version of batman, Batman Begins wouldnt even exist, n its pretty badass to think that that's the same comic character. goin SOCK! POW! BAM! ect lolol laughing , wearin blue and gray tights and the cloth cowl w/ no ears in the 60's, and also now, using fear as a weapon, covered in jet black, stealth, deception, growing as a wraith in people's minds?! so there's alot of ways to look at batman , alot of ways to appreciate/depreciate him, so all ages can like him, by not seeming too hoaky for older people, and not too scary for younglings. and there's alot of ways to over-estimate/under estimate him on both sides. you go to a versus forum, set up batman vs blah blah, some one says, "aw that ******* gunns get his a$$ kicked!, did u even see the 60's show w/ adam west?!. hahahahah." but then, some one else says, "Oh, but did u see batman begins?" no expression ....

smiley8
Originally posted by braz
ya know, this is one thing i thought, when i saw Batman Begins. like wow. this is the first REAL believable, dark, portrayal of Batman at its absolute rawest. and it really put a twist on the way batman would be looked at. FOREVER.(if only it was marketed better and didnt have to come after schlumber's or w/e films, the public would have recognized it more and saw it mad ) but then, you look back in history in the 60's and see how batman is portrayed as campy, silly, hoaky ect. and its kinda funny, cuz without that version of batman, Batman Begins wouldnt even exist, n its pretty badass to think that that's the same comic character. goin SOCK! POW! BAM! ect lolol laughing , wearin blue and gray tights and the cloth cowl w/ no ears in the 60's, and also now, using fear as a weapon, covered in jet black, stealth, deception, growing as a wraith in people's minds?! so there's alot of ways to look at batman , alot of ways to appreciate/depreciate him, so all ages can like him, by not seeming too hoaky for older people, and not too scary for younglings. and there's alot of ways to over-estimate/under estimate him on both sides. you go to a versus forum, set up batman vs blah blah, some one says, "aw that ******* gunns get his a$$ kicked!, did u even see the 60's show w/ adam west?!. hahahahah." but then, some one else says, "Oh, but did u see batman begins?" no expression ....

Thats the beauty of the character, he has so many faces and sides that at least one of them will appeal to someone! smile

Knightfall93
Originally posted by braz
ya know, this is one thing i thought, when i saw Batman Begins. like wow. this is the first REAL believable, dark, portrayal of Batman at its absolute rawest. and it really put a twist on the way batman would be looked at. FOREVER.(if only it was marketed better and didnt have to come after schlumber's or w/e films, the public would have recognized it more and saw it mad ) but then, you look back in history in the 60's and see how batman is portrayed as campy, silly, hoaky ect. and its kinda funny, cuz without that version of batman, Batman Begins wouldnt even exist, n its pretty badass to think that that's the same comic character. goin SOCK! POW! BAM! ect lolol laughing , wearin blue and gray tights and the cloth cowl w/ no ears in the 60's, and also now, using fear as a weapon, covered in jet black, stealth, deception, growing as a wraith in people's minds?! so there's alot of ways to look at batman , alot of ways to appreciate/depreciate him, so all ages can like him, by not seeming too hoaky for older people, and not too scary for younglings. and there's alot of ways to over-estimate/under estimate him on both sides. you go to a versus forum, set up batman vs blah blah, some one says, "aw that ******* gunns get his a$$ kicked!, did u even see the 60's show w/ adam west?!. hahahahah." but then, some one else says, "Oh, but did u see batman begins?" no expression .... The '60s show/ movie was a faithful adaption of the comics, with comedy throen in for great measure! In the '50s and 60s, batman and |Robin were Campman and Campier!

Deicide
Hey
i was kidding around with the pic and all i said about the Batman tv show, i think everyone has watched it at least once and saw the movie. i saw most of the show as a kid and i did see the movie. comical as it was. i was just tryin to get a rise outta you morons, obviously i did. lol. its sad how seriously u fanboys take ur comics. just like the Pokemon rejects, when u say their cartoons suck. lol.

Dark Shazam93
Dude, I'm not a fanboy. I just don't think homosexuality is the funniest thing ever...

Deicide
hey...who said anything about homosexuality and it being funny? not me. i just put up the pic for shock value.

HellMaster93
Uhhh... you irritate me...

Deicide
the feelings mutual pal...

HellMaster93
OK... this thread's kind of off topic...

Deicide
did u ever get to see that Batman Dead End film yet?

HellMaster93
Yeah... pretty good until he starts randomly fighting Predators...

01ZERO
THATS NOT THE ORIGINAL BATMAN. THATS NOT EVEN 1940 BATMAN. THE ORIGINAL BATMAN APPEARED IN DETECTIVE COMICS 27 AND I HAVE THE DOCUMENTATION TO PROVE IT. ADAM WEST SAVED BATMAN.

HellMaster93
Not true. Batman was originally a DARK character.

miroku
the original was back in the 30's i think... i'm not talking about adam west

HellMaster93
Indeed. Zero evidently knows nothing. If he loved the ORIGINAL Batman, why does he say Adam West's incredibly camp Batman saved comics?

DarthLazious
The 60's Batman is too corny for me.

HellMaster93
It's too FUNNY for me... classic!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.