Green Arrow and Speedy vs. Batman and Nightwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Batman and Nightwing realize before hand that they are about to face these two. They realize that their standard equipment that they usually carry with them is obsolete compared to some of the arrows that Green Arrow and Speedy have. So they put in their belts: electric batarangs, explosive bataranges, freeze capsules, mini explosives, batarangs, gas pellts, flash bangs, repellent spray, and a grapple gun. Speedy and Green Arrow each have what bows they normally carry. Who wins?

batdude123
bump...

MrHeavySilence
Batman and Nightwing; they're a better team. Bruce took out Oliver with one chop to the back! and Speedy? Nightwing wouldn't have gotten his ass strapped to a nuke.

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Batman and Nightwing; they're a better team. Bruce took out Oliver with one chop to the back! and Speedy? Nightwing wouldn't have gotten his ass strapped to a nuke.

I've heard people say that Green Arrow is a better h2h combatant than Batman. I don't believe it, but I just heard it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by batdude123
Batman and Nightwing realize before hand that they are about to face these two. They realize that their standard equipment that they usually carry with them is obsolete compared to some of the arrows that Green Arrow and Speedy have. So they put in their belts: electric batarangs, explosive bataranges, freeze capsules, mini explosives, batarangs, gas pellts, flash bangs, repellent spray, and a grapple gun. Speedy and Green Arrow each have what bows they normally carry. Who wins?

In Hush Returns Green Arrow shot an arrow at Batman (his back by the way, while BM was walking away).
Batman turned, took out a normal batarang, threw it, and it intercepted the arrow halfway and cut it into two.

Simply put BM and NW are beyond GA and Speedy.

Now, GA and Speedy may have access to 'trick' arrows (although GA has been using normal broadhead arrows ....the ones used in real life for hunting), but BM and NW also have a nifty arsenal in their possession.

Anyways, the only 'archer' type that could hang with BM and NW is Connor Hawke .....and even then only in hand to hand fighting and nothing else.

In terms of Total War, none of the archers has what it takes to even take down Robin. They would be dismantled.

Thunderstrike
They could call Hawkeye big grin

spetznaz
Originally posted by batdude123
I've heard people say that Green Arrow is a better h2h combatant than Batman. I don't believe it, but I just heard it.

The Green Arrow they/you are talking about is Connor Hawke not Oliver McQueen (who is the 'main' GA, and the one I think is being referred to in this thread).

Connor is really really REALLY good at H2H, one of the top exponents in the 'normal' DCU (that is if you take out people like Batman One Million and Karate Kid).
He ranks in the upper echelon together with Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Batgirl (Cassandra).

Connor was also the Silver Monkey at one time .....the 'top' ranked martial artist, a title he earned.
The reason 'top' is in quotes is because the Silver Monkey is under the Paper Monkey, who happens to be Lady Shiva. Thus 'top' apparently isn't top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.