Can Wanda and Pietro be redeemed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crimson Phoenix
They have both affected Marvel Earth for the worse, probably more worse than any other villian. Can they be redeemed?

jumpmann
no

Black Adam
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
They have both affected Marvel Earth for the worse, probably more worse than any other villian. Can they be redeemed?

Wanda maybe.

Pietro?

I actually like the idea of him becoming more and more like his father to be interesting. Keep him that way.

Validus
Of course. Retcons are easy to do.

Mr. Valentine
well you know they state magneto could be influenced by malcom x because he is more extreme, i think quicksilver should be good, but very extreme, brinking on evil.
its wierd, all sidekicks become like their adult counter parts

Black Adam
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
well you know they state magneto could be influenced by malcom x because he is more extreme, i think quicksilver should be good, but very extreme, brinking on evil.
its wierd, all sidekicks become like their adult counter parts

Quicksilver was a sidekick?

Mr. Valentine
lol, sidekick...son....clone....same thing lol

Thunderstrike
Wanda could, because she's sexier. That, and she just wants her kids. Could be that they exist.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Wanda could, because she's sexier. That, and she just wants her kids. Could be that they exist.

They do.There the new speedster and wiccan in Young avengers

nathan summers
Only if they believe in Cable-Jesus can their sins be forgiven.

Thunderstrike
I can't believe they had to change the name from "Passion of the Cable" to "Burnt Offering"!

nathan summers
The title means little. The story was still great. Back to the Lehnsherr Twins. If they believe in God-Like Cable, they will and can be saved. What is...is.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Black Adam

I figured that's what it was.

Gregory
Originally posted by Validus
Of course. Retcons are easy to do.

See also: "Green Lantern: Rebirth"

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
Can they be redeemed?

Yes, if they buy me a double nutter-butter. Right now. mad

Or if Pietro agrees to take a fall to Spider-Man in his first fight after regaining his powers.

Psyquis52
No. No way. No @#$%!#$ way! No way in hell!
No way on Earth. NO WAY!

The idea of them being villains again is just too cool.

Psyquis52
In my eyes they will always be villains.

Laminator_X
Redeemed, perhaps.

Forgiven, not easily.

Psyquis52
Not EVER!

Lucid Lui
Eventually we'll see their return as heros. Especially Wanda.

I'd like to see Quicksilver as a villain. IMO he has the potential to be one of the best, especially since he has ties to both the X-Men and Avengers (and Spidey ain't too fond of him of late).

But he'll eventually become a hero again aswell. Due to fan demand of writers choice (lack of story ideas). It'll happen.

Psyquis52
I would like to see Wanda get shot by Hawkeye again.

Knightfall93
I want to see Pietro become the most powerful mutant EVER and killing his father to take over the Brotherhood...

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I want to see Pietro become the most powerful mutant EVER and killing his father to take over the Brotherhood...

I would like that. stick out tongue

Knightfall93
It would be hilarious...

AJ4LIFE
so is quik anywhere supes speed yet

Knightfall93
Should be... what actually happened to him after Disassembled?

AJ4LIFE
cool

Knightfall93

AJ4LIFE
wat...

Knightfall93
Should be... what actually happened to him after Disassembled? or House of M or whetver it haooened in...

Mr. Valentine
he got depowered, he tried to kill himself, crystal saved him and took him to the inhumans, he asked to be exposed to the mists (gives powers) but they said no so he stole some and exposed himself to it and then later exposed crystal

Knightfall93
And what happened to him? And Wanda?

Mr. Valentine
he got back his powers, but now he can run into the future and do stuff. um wanda i cant remember wat happens with her

Knightfall93
So, Pietro is a fugitive or what?

Mr. Valentine
um, probably yeah, but they havent caught up with him yet

Crimson Phoenix
Wanda is living in some east european village happy, and comletely oblivious the the carnage she has caused.

Personaly, if anyone is going to be redeemed, it should be wanda. Sure she has had the most drastic effect on the world, but she is not a villain. A villain would set out to deliberatly cause harm, and Wanda didnt. Dissasembled was completly by accident on her part, and HoM, she was manipulated by Pietro.Granted, he only wanted to save his sister, but look at what he's doing now. Exposing his own daughter to the mist despite the risks. And it looks like he's gonna be doing more damage....we'll see tommorow when SoM 5 comes out.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Black Adam

dammit.... i shouldn't have read that spoiler..... but it does explain the fast kids hair though...... and why the Vision was keeping tabs on those specific kids

nathan summers
Redemption is handed out like candy in the Marvel Universe. Look at the X-Men. Nearly every single one of them has " betrayed " the other in some fashion or another and has been forgiven. It's only a matter of time and the writer who's willing to bring someone back from the darkness.

Disappear
pietro doesn't run to the future. hine brought in ****ing DC physics and made pietro able to vibrate at frequencies that let him skip through time. he has no super-speed anymore, though he approximates his ability to move from place to place by jumping through time and repositioning himself, then coming back in a new place. it's lame, and it doesn't belong in my marvel universe.

as i see it, bendis dug pietro's grave in the House of M, and hine ****ing beat him with a shovel, pissed on him and buried him. the son of m series has been nothing short of atrocious, and any real fan of quicksilver would realize that at the first issue. the writing is horrible, pietro is portrayed ridiculously out of character, even for a run-down bum and the dialogue is ****ing shit. the art sucks too.

and valentine said crystal, but pietro exposed luna. she got some weird ****ing sight thing where she sees good and evil and intentions and secrets and inner pain and all sorts of dumb shit. ruin another ****ing character, why don't you, hine?

Crimson Phoenix
Well Luna never really had any character before SoM. And i think peitro is perfectly in character. He's tried to expse the mist to Luna before when she was born. He's a great character, but he's he's always been a bit of a prick (which i why i love the guy).

Knightfall93
Hehas kids?

Thunderstrike
Yup. With Black Bolt's cousin.

Crimson Phoenix
Hehas kids?

He has one daughter, Luna Maximoff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_Maximoff

Disappear
saying he tried to expose luna to the mists before is hine's justification too. it's the same as remembering the story but forgetting the moral. the potential danger of exposing luna, a human, to the mists finally struck a note with his paternal nature, and outweighed the magneto-like desire to see power in his family. he was no longer ashamed of his human daughter, and actually grew as a person. now, for no good reason, he exposed luna. anyone want to justify exposing luna? anyone?

every little intricacy of this series has pissed me off. hine listed pietro's top speed at 220 mph, which has been outdated for years, and each of his plot points seems to follow suit. with the exception of blaming pete for the HoM, hine has completely ignored any changes to pietro's character and left him as the "pietro archetype." it's like the quicksilver series never happened. his dialogue is absolute shit, too. "i request your permission to undergo terrigenesis, lord black bolt." what the ****? when would pietro have ever spoken that way, besides while with the original brotherhood?

the pietro maximoff seen within Son of M is not the pietro maximoff who has been traipsing about the marvel universe for the past decade or so. he's just some guy hine never looked far enough in to, and who got shunted years back down his own timeline, and his own personality, to make a shitty story.

Knightfall93
LOL

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by Disappear
saying he tried to expose luna to the mists before is hine's justification too. it's the same as remembering the story but forgetting the moral. the potential danger of exposing luna, a human, to the mists finally struck a note with his paternal nature, and outweighed the magneto-like desire to see power in his family. he was no longer ashamed of his human daughter, and actually grew as a person. now, for no good reason, he exposed luna. anyone want to justify exposing luna? anyone?

every little intricacy of this series has pissed me off. hine listed pietro's top speed at 220 mph, which has been outdated for years, and each of his plot points seems to follow suit. with the exception of blaming pete for the HoM, hine has completely ignored any changes to pietro's character and left him as the "pietro archetype." it's like the quicksilver series never happened. his dialogue is absolute shit, too. "i request your permission to undergo terrigenesis, lord black bolt." what the ****? when would pietro have ever spoken that way, besides while with the original brotherhood?

the pietro maximoff seen within Son of M is not the pietro maximoff who has been traipsing about the marvel universe for the past decade or so. he's just some guy hine never looked far enough in to, and who got shunted years back down his own timeline, and his own personality, to make a shitty story.

Blame Wanda

Thunderstrike
She's becoming Marvel's Superboy Prime.

Disappear
i blame bendis and hine. issue five is the first of the series i havent outright hated, but it still feels far too much like pietro's last several years of character development are being ignored. he still goes on and on about how all he wants to do is please his father, which was a complex he'd mostly resolved at the end of the quicksilver series. his new powers are working in interesting new ways, but are absolutely NOTHING like his previous powers. he might as well change his name from quicksilver to timeshadow, given the new set. don't like that, and i still don't like the vibrating through time.

the blackbolt/videmus interaction was good and bad. i liked crystal's attitude, and the series is turning upward. pietro beating magneto was a nice scene, but completely out of place. this whole post-HoM pietro thing just feels wrong. the art's improving, too.

Thunderstrike
Any possibility you could scan some for us, Disappear?

Disappear
i dont know if this computer's hooked up to the scanner. lemme check.

nope. i'll see if i can't use the other one sometime later in the week.

Thunderstrike
Rock on, dude.

grey fox
Not from doing the nasty with each other..,..oops i though we were talking about the ULT Wanda and Pietro

Thunderstrike
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

They're not from Arkansas!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.