Spetznaz vs. TheKahn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Two fantastic debaters each with a given team:

Spetznaz:
Superman
Jean Grey (No Phoenix Force)
Magneto
Human Torch
Ice Man

TheKahn:
Thor
Cable (Not God-like)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Magma
Bishop

Now, I've weighed the teams, and imo they're even. You two may not agree that the teams are equal but this thread is to see whether either of you can make good and valid points and arguements to sway the general publics oppinion of which team would win. Good luck! wink

Black Adam
***sets up lawn chair***

batdude123
Originally posted by Black Adam
***sets up lawn chair***

yes

Thunderstrike
*hands out popcorn*

batdude123
Too bad neither of them are on right now. sad

DigiMark007
Did spetnaz and kahn agree to this??

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Did spetnaz and kahn agree to this??

Did Mider and capt it up agree to Thunderstrike's thread?

DigiMark007
?? Not quite sure what you're talking about....but that wasn't exactly an answer. Just a clever dodge. stick out tongue

Mr. Valentine
yes shifty they signed a contract saying they have to do anything we say, (of course it was stated in the small print) big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
?? Not quite sure what you're talking about....but that wasn't exactly an answer. Just a clever dodge. stick out tongue

Okay, no, but should I have? embarrasment Please don't close the fight of the century! sad

Mr. Valentine
I'll pm them to ask if you want?

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
I'll pm them to ask if you want?

Yes please. That would be awesome! big grin

Mr. Valentine
sent the pm's

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
sent the pm's

Nice! yes

UniOmni
Since neither have shown up, I ,UniOmni a poster superior to both will endeavor to do them justice.

Spetz's team loses, but does considerable damage via a speedblitz.

Superman is capable of taking out Cable and Bishop and Magma(faster than thought, thus faster than thought activated shields) before Thor can complete the motion of tossing Mjnollir at him.
Once he does finish and toss it however, Superman will be knocked for a loop. He won't be out, but hurt significantly.
While he rakes in the solar rays to replenish, Magneto, Johnny, Iceman and Red will be bringing it to GL.
And unless they are no longer mutants by birth, they will lose.
Gl can cure the mutant condition i believe via the ring, and that will leave Superman all by his lonesome.
And while he may be good, he isn't beating both Hal and Thor at the same time.

Connie wins 10/10.

UniOmni
Yeah i strongarmed this thread!!!

U mad?!!

j/p, i wanna hear what they say about this match myself.

Mr. Valentine
Shut up.... no expression
this is their fight, let them duke it out tommorow if they are in different time zones then

Tron
Originally posted by batdude123
Okay, no, but should I have? embarrasment Please don't close the fight of the century! sad

Yeah, you should have. If they're okay with it, then cool. If not, then the thread goes. Next time, ask.

spetznaz

Validus
blink

UniOmni
That was so........much.......better than mine.......that,,,,,,suicide......is.... my.......only......option...j/p.

As a magneto fanboy, i am cutting and pasting your entire post to read later.
Bravo Spetz.

Makes me wanna look into advanced science.

But really man, talk about science beyond my years. I am truly humbled by the brilliance of this post.
But quick question.
Can't GL simply cure the genetic mutations of all mutants on the field??

spetznaz

Lucid Lui
Wow. You had better not just be making stuff up. stick out tongue

spetznaz
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Wow. You had better not just be making stuff up. stick out tongue

LOL. Check it out.

The only change i would make is that 10-12 stuff I explained in the post above (it is 10 raised to -12, but I don't know how to put it in that format on the forum).
Everything else is kosher.
Obviously in the real world it is NOT possible, but if there was a Superman and a Magneto and a dude made of ice who can freeze things to 0 Kelvin ....then theoretically there might be a monkey in this banana tree.

smile

TheKahn
What the f**k? *glares at whoever put me up against spetznaz*

I'll try to post something later today...

Juntai
Wow.

AJ4LIFE
i like how people can argue with self anyway...
go kahn

Juntai
Originally posted by spetznaz
LOL. Check it out.

The only change i would make is that 10-12 stuff I explained in the post above (it is 10 raised to -12, but I don't know how to put it in that format on the forum).
Everything else is kosher.
Obviously in the real world it is NOT possible, but if there was a Superman and a Magneto and a dude made of ice who can freeze things to 0 Kelvin ....then theoretically there might be a monkey in this banana tree.

smile Zero degrees Kelvin is a theoretical number, the Universe's natural radiation makes the temperature at least 3 dergrees above that.

inamilist
this has potential

TheKahn

TheKahn
My Plan:

Like you I will dismiss the speed blitz as a poor debating tactic shifty
Of course there is the Celestial jarring Godblast that could destroy the planet and most of your team (mine could be evacuated to space and protected by Hal) or the mano-a-mano type of match we typically see but let's try something a little different.

First I will have Hal stop time around my team as the fight begins (your team will likely just then be getting to the North Pole at this point and he has stopped time before). I will then proceed to use my elemental to her best effect. Cable will use his unlimited amount of time to telepathically train Magma in the use of her powers thereby granting her control over nearly the entire planet.

Magma will then exit the time bubble, enter the planet, and stop the earth's core from spinning (thereby eliminating the earth's magnetic field and a potential power source for Magneto). While still in the time bubble my team continues their preparations. Hal generates both red sunlight and kryptonite radiation which Thor proceeds to absorb into his hammer to deal with Superman while Cable trains Bishop the same why he did Magma.

The team then quickly proceeds North arriving at the same time that Magma causes a giant eruption under the feat of your team killing Jean Grey and the Human Torch (her tk isn't strong enough to resist that level of explosion and neither is his durability). .Cable to mind rape Iceman and add him to my team. So that means I now have Iceman, Magma, Bishop, Cable, Hal, and Thor with a k-nite and red sunlight charged magic hammer against Superman and Magneto sans a power source.

I believe my team would take a majority.

Murda Mase
Speed Blitz team 2 wins.

Mindship

batdude123

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
First I will address your plan and then I will state my plan (may have to do it in two posts depending on length)

To begin with I must thank you for killing off most of your team in a pointless and doomed attack thumb up . While attempting to turn Magneto into a giant superconductor certainly earns you points for originality, it will not in actuality work as you will have killed him trying to implement you plan.

It is very important to remember that despite his ideological viewpoint, Magneto is essentially a human being and as such is still limited by his relatively human physiology. It will no longer be possible for him to remain alive much less breathe once you have Iceman drop the temperature inside of his forcefield to absolute zero (he would die along with Jean Grey).

Also keep in mind that the level of output you are suggesting would far more likely burn his body out from the strain (iirc continuous heavy use of his powers have caused him extreme physical exhaustion and some damage before). Either by being frozen by Iceman, burned out by the attempting to wield such a large amount of power (also simply having access to a large amount will not allow him to transcend his human body), or from having the air sucked out of his lungs from Superman's light-speed vortex (Storm has done so with much slower winds) Magneto is dead along with Jean Grey and the Human torch.

In addition, there isn't enough hydrogen on the planet Earth to create or sustain a "new sun" and neither is that which we do have (most locked in the oceans) concentrated in a single place. In other words a great deal of heat does not a star or continuous thermonuclear fusion make. However we are dealing with comic book superpowers so let us assume that 1. Magneto will survive and 2. you succeed in creating a star out of the planet earth. What is the problem here? Well, the smallest type of star you can create (and the earth would form a very small star) would be of the red-orange variety (which typically have about 0.3 times the mass of our sun). Superman would quickly lose his powers as he is engulfed by red sunlight and soon die.

At most after you attempt you will have Iceman and Superman left alive which will not be much of a challenge as Cable can use telepathy against Bobby and Superman would get taken down by Hal and Thor.

Nice counter! wink TheKahn gets 1 point.

batdude123
My Plan:

Of course there is the Celestial jarring Godblast that could destroy the planet and most of your team (mine could be evacuated to space and protected by Hal) or the mano-a-mano type of match we typically see but let's try something a little different.

First I will have Hal stop time around my team as the fight begins (your team will likely just then be getting to the North Pole at this point and he has stopped time before). I will then proceed to use my elemental to her best effect. Cable will use his unlimited amount of time to telepathically train Magma in the use of her powers thereby granting her control over nearly the entire planet.

Magma will then exit the time bubble, enter the planet, and stop the earth's core from spinning (thereby eliminating the earth's magnetic field and a potential power source for Magneto). While still in the time bubble my team continues their preparations. Hal generates both red sunlight and kryptonite radiation which Thor proceeds to absorb into his hammer to deal with Superman while Cable trains Bishop the same why he did Magma.

The team then quickly proceeds North arriving at the same time that Magma causes a giant eruption under the feat of your team killing Jean Grey and the Human Torch (her tk isn't strong enough to resist that level of explosion and neither is his durability). .Cable to mind rape Iceman and add him to my team. So that means I now have Iceman, Magma, Bishop, Cable, Hal, and Thor with a k-nite and red sunlight charged magic hammer against Superman and Magneto sans a power source.

Another really creative plan. TheKahn gets another point.

batdude123
So this is how it stands so far:

Spetznaz: 1
TheKahn: 2

Keep up the good debating! big grin

TheKahn
So this is how it stands so far:

Spetznaz: 1

Keep up the good debating! big grin

Honestly I think spetznaz should get another point for shear creativity. wink Some of the science was a little off, imo, but it was damn brilliant.

Mindship
My Plan:

Well thought-out deployment of forces. That time-stopper is a toughie, kinda like in the same category as speedblitz. That may indeed trump the other guys...maybe...

Certainly, if Team Kahn strikes first, it's in the ol' bagaroo.

batdude123
Honestly I think spetznaz should get another point for shear creativity. wink Some of the science was a little off, imo, but it was damn brilliant.

He did really have a creative plan though, didn't he? yes Alright fine, I'll award an extra point for his creativity in that post. big grin

Spetznaz: 2

It's even right now and I could be anybody's ball game as far as I'm concerned.

spetznaz
First I will address your plan and then I will state my plan (may have to do it in two posts depending on length)

To begin with I must thank you for killing off most of your team in a pointless and doomed attack thumb up . While attempting to turn Magneto into a giant superconductor certainly earns you points for originality, it will not in actuality work as you will have killed him trying to implement you plan.

It is very important to remember that despite his ideological viewpoint, Magneto is essentially a human being and as such is still limited by his relatively human physiology. It will no longer be possible for him to remain alive much less breathe once you have Iceman drop the temperature inside of his forcefield to absolute zero (he would die along with Jean Grey).

Also keep in mind that the level of output you are suggesting would far more likely burn his body out from the strain (iirc continuous heavy use of his powers have caused him extreme physical exhaustion and some damage before). Either by being frozen by Iceman, burned out by the attempting to wield such a large amount of power (also simply having access to a large amount will not allow him to transcend his human body), or from having the air sucked out of his lungs from Superman's light-speed vortex (Storm has done so with much slower winds) Magneto is dead along with Jean Grey and the Human torch.

In addition, there isn't enough hydrogen on the planet Earth to create or sustain a "new sun" and neither is that which we do have (most locked in the oceans) concentrated in a single place. In other words a great deal of heat does not a star or continuous thermonuclear fusion make. However we are dealing with comic book superpowers so let us assume that 1. Magneto will survive and 2. you succeed in creating a star out of the planet earth. What is the problem here? Well, the smallest type of star you can create (and the earth would form a very small star) would be of the red-orange variety (which typically have about 0.3 times the mass of our sun). Superman would quickly lose his powers as he is engulfed by red sunlight and soon die.

At most after you attempt you will have Iceman and Superman left alive which will not be much of a challenge as Cable can use telepathy against Bobby and Superman would get taken down by Hal and Thor.

First of all good work in going against my plan (and for that matter Batdude was correct in giving you an extra point for that).
There are some parts that are not quite correct (well, 'correct' since after all I am the one who is talking about solar genesis on earth!!!!!) and let me address them before I go to your plan.

First of all you said that Magneto would freeze.
Actually in my post I said that he would have extended one of his strongest fields beneath him in a semicircle, where Jean and Bobby would stand facing each other.
Magneto is outside this bubble, and thus when Bobby drops the temperature within the encapsulation to a level where no molecule is moving (0K) Magz is not within it but outside.
Thus he is not flash frozen.

The second thing you said was that Magneto would 'burn out' due to the forces generated if my plan works.
Now that is a very strong point, and this is why I thought that the only survivor would most likely be Superman (option one had Magneto surviving, but it would be a stretch for him to do so. Although if he did the powers that he would be wielding would make him into a walking singularity, and once you consider that there are mutants that wield ridiculous powers .....like Franklin for example .....or are taken over by fantastical beings with powers that should make them explode ....like Jean as the Phoenix ......then there is some history to act as a foundation of a human, IN COMICS, surviving this. LOL. IF this was a legal case I could make it stick ...trust me. There is sufficient preponderance of evidence to make this stick).

Another point you made was that the speed at which Superman would be moving at would suck out all of the oxygen from his lungs.
This is another reason why Magneto MAY not survive this, and a very good reason at that.
However the VERY reason that would kill Magneto (Kal El moving at such high speeds that he creates a vacuum that not only extracts all the air out of Magneto but should also literally rip his body apart) is the same reason why my plan would work. When Superman is going at near-light speed, he'd only have to go around Magneto 2-4 times for it to work. He could even go far more times than that and he would still achieve the required effect. Now, Magneto will be dead, but the generation I am after will have occurred.
Thus even if Magneto goes my main plan (the Superman effect) still exists.

The other point you made was the lack of sufficient hydrogen for my plan to work.
You are indeed correct .....to a point (as I shall explain).
Even though the Earth has a whole lot of hydrogen, most of it is untappable and even then it is locked away.
However my plan does not entail unlocking these reserves. It doesn't need to.
That is the reason why it had to get as hot as I intended it to ......at the temperatures listed funny things start to happen to the weak force, the strong force, the electromagnetic force, and gravity.
In the example I listed, at CERN in Geneva they managed to create temperatures that were present only a few fractions of a second after the creation of the universe, and when they did that they noticed the creation of 'W' and 'Z' particles that had the same precise principles as stated by Unified theory (as an aside if my plan works the above is what would make Magneto into a major threat ....anyways moving on).
Thus at this temperatures the strong force is behaving differently, and is much weaker. The only things they can hold together are a proton and a neutron.
No more complex atomic and molecule structures ....all that can be held together is a proton and a neutron in the nucleus, and that is equal to one thing: Hydrogen.
An entire planet of it.

This brings me to the 900 pound gorilla in your counter-argument. Namely that even if all of the above works, there is not sufficient mass to ensure a yellow sun.
Now, that was a good one ....and apparently well researched since you included some Spectroscopy of stars. For instance you listed that at Earth mass, the only type of star that could be produced would be one that was red- (red-orange). Basically an 'M' star, and being a red star it would be as good to Superman as salt is to a slug.

Knockout blow?

Well, not really.
For one consider several things.
Such stars have various properties .....for one they are almost out of hydrogen (actually they are out of hydrogen), and they also have relatively 'cool' temperatures ('only' at 3000-6000 F).
My 'star' on the other hand will have 100% H, and its temperature will be several thousand trillion degrees.
Major difference.

However I still have that monkey on my back ......how to deal with the lack of Mass.
No matter what I have, the lack of mass (even if all the above happens) will just mean that all I have is an immense globe of hydrogen that will explode like some huge bomb but have no other effect. While that might be enough to get rid of any team, it is not what I want.

What to do about the mass?

Well, simple (in comic books though ludicrous in real life).
Compress the stuff!

Have a look at the following gif (the GIF is in the bottom half of the page):

Bottle City of Kandor (go near the middle)

That is a picture of the miniature city of Kandor, which Superman keeps in a bottle in the Fortress of Solitude after it was shrunk by some villain.
Look above it ......that is a miniature red sun.
Look at its size.

Thus in comicdom some miniaturization is possible, and in my case it doesn't need to get anywhere near that small. Let's say the size of North America.

Although all that is moot, because at the temperatures that will be created once the whole process begins (not the 'sun' creation, but once Superman goes around Magneto several times) the opposing team (and all but one of my team) either dies or has to leave the planet.

According to the KMC rules, leaving a planet is an automatic loss. So they either stay and perish, or leave and lose.

batdude123
First of all good work in going against my plan (and for that matter Batdude was correct in giving you an extra point for that).
There are some parts that are not quite correct (well, 'correct' since after all I am the one who is talking about solar genesis on earth!!!!!) and let me address them before I go to your plan.

Actually in my post I said that he would have extended one of his strongest fields beneath him in a semicircle, where Jean and Bobby would stand facing each other.
Magneto is outside this bubble, and thus when Bobby drops the temperature within the encapsulation to a level where no molecule is moving (0K) Magz is not within it but outside.

The second thing you said was that Magneto would 'burn out' due to the forces generated if my plan works.
Now that is a very strong point, and this is why I thought that the only survivor would most likely be Superman (option one had Magneto surviving, but it would be a stretch for him to do so. Although if he did the powers that he would be wielding would make him into a walking singularity, and once you consider that there are mutants that wield ridiculous powers .....like Franklin for example .....or are taken over by fantastical beings with powers that should make them explode ....like Jean as the Phoenix ......then there is some history to act as a foundation of a human, IN COMICS, surviving this. LOL. IF this was a legal case I could make it stick ...trust me. There is sufficient preponderance of evidence to make this stick).

Another point you made was that the speed at which Superman would be moving at would suck out all of the oxygen from his lungs.
This is another reason why Magneto MAY not survive this, and a very good reason at that.
However the VERY reason that would kill Magneto (Kal El moving at such high speeds that he creates a vacuum that not only extracts all the air out of Magneto but should also literally rip his body apart) is the same reason why my plan would work. When Superman is going at near-light speed, he'd only have to go around Magneto 2-4 times for it to work. He could even go far more times than that and he would still achieve the required effect. Now, Magneto will be dead, but the generation I am after will have occurred.

The other point you made was the lack of sufficient hydrogen for my plan to work.
Even though the Earth has a whole lot of hydrogen, most of it is untappable and even then it is locked away.
That is the reason why it had to get as hot as I intended it to ......at the temperatures listed funny things start to happen to the weak force, the strong force, the electromagnetic force, and gravity.
In the example I listed, at CERN in Geneva they managed to create temperatures that were present only a few fractions of a second after the creation of the universe, and when they did that they noticed the creation of 'W' and 'Z' particles that had the same precise principles as stated by Unified theory (as an aside if my plan works the above is what would make Magneto into a major threat ....anyways moving on).
Thus at this temperatures the strong force is behaving differently, and is much weaker. The only things they can hold together are a proton and a neutron.
No more complex atomic and molecule structures ....all that can be held together is a proton and a neutron in the nucleus, and that is equal to one thing: Hydrogen.
An entire planet of it.

This brings me to the 900 pound gorilla in your counter-argument. Namely that even if all of the above works, there is not sufficient mass to ensure a yellow sun.
Now, that was a good one ....and apparently well researched since you included some Spectroscopy of stars. For instance you listed that at Earth mass, the only type of star that could be produced would be one that was red- (red-orange). Basically an 'M' star, and being a red star it would be as good to Superman as salt is to a slug.

Knockout blow?

Well, not really.
Such stars have various properties .....for one they are almost out of hydrogen (actually they are out of hydrogen), and they also have relatively 'cool' temperatures ('only' at 3000-6000 F).
My 'star' on the other hand will have 100% H, and its temperature will be several thousand trillion degrees.
Major difference.

However I still have that monkey on my back ......how to deal with the lack of Mass.
No matter what I have, the lack of mass (even if all the above happens) will just mean that all I have is an immense globe of hydrogen that will explode like some huge bomb but have no other effect. While that might be enough to get rid of any team, it is not what I want.

Compress the stuff!

That is a picture of the miniature city of Kandor, which Superman keeps in a bottle in the Fortress of Solitude after it was shrunk by some villain.
Look at its size.

Thus in comicdom some miniaturization is possible, and in my case it doesn't need to get anywhere near that small. Let's say the size of North America.

Although all that is moot, because at the temperatures that will be created once the whole process begins (not the 'sun' creation, but once Superman goes around Magneto several times) the opposing team (and all but one of my team) either dies or has to leave the planet.

According to the KMC rules, leaving a planet is an automatic loss. So they either stay and perish, or leave and lose.

Those were well-thought out and lucid points that you made if I do say so myself. wink Keep up the good work. I have but one question however. Even with all that energy flowing around as well as the extreme temperatures, the Green Lanterns have been known to keep a bubble up even through the mighty power of a supernova which generates much more energy than what you are offering. So Hal being arguably the most willed, should be able to do this. Now, about the hydrogen, even though you explained the mass thing, stars are never just made out of PURE hydrogen. It's a combination of hydrogen and helium. With a ball of pure hydrogen and with all the extreme temperatures, why exactly WOULDN'T it go "KABLOOM?" It would acctually blow up the entire planet about a million times over... BTW, you get another point for creativity. big grin

batdude123
So now the score is:

Spetznaz: 3

Sixth_Winged
big grin what was their criteria for getting points(your scoring system) anyway?

batdude123
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
big grin what was their criteria for getting points(your scoring system) anyway?

Whether or not I think they deserve points for their threads. stick out tongue

spetznaz
My Plan:

Good plan.

Question though ....both teams are starting out not knowing that the other team is going to do, right?
Then how will your team know to tell Magma to try and stop the earth's spin?

Secondly you gave me a hard prospect .....how do you deal with a team that has stopped time?
After all the fight starts, and by the time my team is almost at the pole time has stopped.
Giving your team indefinite time to think of all sorts of nasty stuff.
That was a conundrum, until I realized there was no reason to even worry about your time freeze.
The thing is your team will eventually have to come out of its time bubble, and when it does it will come out at a point of time just as my team is starting its polar activity.

By the time your team gets there, with its kryptonite enhanced red-ray fortified Uru hammer attack as well as its stop-the-core tactic, my team's stratagem will already be under way.

Your team will have enough time to think of a good plan, but not sufficient time to institute it.
Moreover how would they even know what my team is up to?

Anyways, you will have a lot of time to think of many plans, but the moment you step out of your time freeze you die.

You also stated that Magma would step out of the time bubble while the rest of your team is still inside it going through strategy (you said: "Magma will then exit the time bubble, enter the planet, and stop the earth's core from spinning (thereby eliminating the earth's magnetic field and a potential power source for Magneto). While still in the time bubble my team continues their preparations."wink
Actually the moment Magma steps out of the bubble she is time-frozen, just like my team. She is not going to be heading to the center of the earth to do anything.
The moment the rest of your team gets out of the time bubble, they will find:
- Magma just about to start her entry into the earth ...the same place she was when she got out of their time bubble.
- Funny activity in the earth's magnetosphere as Superman starts his LS spin around Magneto (and your team will have to get to the pole)

Your team will have a good plan, but that is all they will have. By the time they get anywhere near my team it is too late. Once Kal El starts the spin it is over.

batdude123
Good plan.

Question though ....both teams are starting out not knowing that the other team is going to do, right?

Secondly you gave me a hard prospect .....how do you deal with a team that has stopped time?
After all the fight starts, and by the time my team is almost at the pole time has stopped.
That was a conundrum, until I realized there was no reason to even worry about your time freeze.
The thing is your team will eventually have to come out of its time bubble, and when it does it will come out at a point of time just as my team is starting its polar activity.

By the time your team gets there, with its kryptonite enhanced red-ray fortified Uru hammer attack as well as its stop-the-core tactic, my team's stratagem will already be under way.

Your team will have enough time to think of a good plan, but not sufficient time to institute it.

Anyways, you will have a lot of time to think of many plans, but the moment you step out of your time freeze you die.

You also stated that Magma would step out of the time bubble while the rest of your team is still inside it going through strategy (you said: "Magma will then exit the time bubble, enter the planet, and stop the earth's core from spinning (thereby eliminating the earth's magnetic field and a potential power source for Magneto). While still in the time bubble my team continues their preparations."wink
Actually the moment Magma steps out of the bubble she is time-frozen, just like my team. She is not going to be heading to the center of the earth to do anything.
- Magma just about to start her entry into the earth ...the same place she was when she got out of their time bubble.
- Funny activity in the earth's magnetosphere as Superman starts his LS spin around Magneto (and your team will have to get to the pole)

Your team will have a good plan, but that is all they will have. By the time they get anywhere near my team it is too late. Once Kal El starts the spin it is over.

Very nice rebuttal. big grin You are awarded a point on that one. wink

batdude123
Spetznaz: 4

badabing
Whether or not I think they deserve points for their threads. stick out tongue
Are we all under your regime now? hitler king saddam eek! laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
Are we all under your regime now? hitler king saddam eek! laughing

DAMN STRAIGHT! evil face No, but I made this thread specifically for these two to duke it out with these characters so I could put their creativity skills and their debating skills to the test, even though they have proven themselves to be top tier on this forum. So that means I get to decide who gets the points for the thread. wink laughing

TheKahn

Oh, sorry I must have misunderstood you. embarrasment

Yea, that could very easily be argued based on other examples. My point was only that nothing in his power set would explain him transcending his physical body (as opposed to Franklin who can manipulate reality and Jean who is connected to the fundamental creative force of the MU). I.e. if you turn the earth into a star he would still die from a lack of oxygen no matter how powerful he became.

Fair enough.

An entire planet of it.

Very interesting. Well my first question would be who on your team is a nuclear physicist? Such a think might be possible but how would your team know how to do it?

Also what would protect Superman from having his body affected by either the temperature (ie turn into hydrogen) or dieing from the massive explosion that would result from your plan, as we are talking about an explosion far greater than a nuclear bomb. From what I know of his bio-aura, the reason he is able to approach the sun is that as he gets closer his body absorbs more yellow sunlight. This increases the strength of his aura which in turn enables him to get even close in a loop-type effect. However, the aura can be overloaded with either high level energy or kinetic attacks and what you are proposing could safely be called both. His aura wouldn't have the time it needs to strengthen itself to the necessary level.

Knockout blow?

Well, not really.
Major difference.

Good point. So perhaps the composition and temperature of the Earth/star would wield greater influence over the type of star as opposed to mass? That is certainly possible (in the confines of this debate it may not be possible to know for sure either way).

If we assume that your plan would work, two problems still remain. One is that the Earth/star would still not have enough gravitational pull to hold itself together. The thermonuclear reaction would reach a point where the force it produces would exceed the ability of the planet to hold it's mass in. The second is that you are not starting your reaction at the core of the planet. So gravity (or any other force for that matter) would not be forcing hydrogen gas into your makeshift reactor to fuel it as it does in a star. The initial explosion would actually force hydrogen away from you instead of to you.

Compress the stuff!

Look at its size.

You forgot to explain in there exactly how you are going to compress the mass of the Earth/star wink. It might be possible but I don't think your team is up to matter manipulation (either being physically able to or knowing how) when all except Superman are going to die very shorty in your plan.

And the rules say that I can't leave the "field of combat". Going into space above the planet isn't leaving the field of combat as your team could easily follow and continue the fight thereby making it a field where we are engaged in combat shifty (it's not like my team would be trying to excape). Besides Hal would be able to easily protect my team if they decide to stay on the planet.

batdude123
Those were well-thought out and lucid points that you made if I do say so myself. wink Keep up the good work. I have but one question however. Even with all that energy flowing around as well as the extreme temperatures, the Green Lanterns have been known to keep a bubble up even through the mighty power of a supernova which generates much more energy than what you are offering. So Hal being arguably the most willed, should be able to do this. Now, about the hydrogen, even though you explained the mass thing, stars are never just made out of PURE hydrogen. It's a combination of hydrogen and helium. With a ball of pure hydrogen and with all the extreme temperatures, why exactly WOULDN'T it go "KABLOOM?" It would acctually blow up the entire planet about a million times over... BTW, you get another point for creativity. big grin

While you're answering Kahn's questions, please answer this one as well. big grin Or else I'll take points away! evil face JK

TheKahn
Good plan.

Well Bishop, Cable, and Magma are all from the Marvel Universe, so when Hal detects Superman moving at super speed towards the North Pole in the company of Magneto before he stops time, it wouldn't take much to put two and two together. Espically when Magneto has messed with the planet's magnetic field before.

Very good point. I actually had to think about this little problem for a while. However, I realized that there is no reason why my team wouldn't simply travel to the North Pole before Hal starts time again (Thor could easily teleport them there or they could travel in Hal's time bubble). This would allow them to not only avoid giving you team time to implement your plan but also give them the element of surprise.

Good point with Magma being time frozen when she leaves the bubble. I guess I'll just have to have Thor teleport her to the core of the earth before my team leaves the bubble in the North Pole to attack your team. That way she will be right where she needs to be only seconds after the fight starts.

batdude123
Spetznaz?

spetznaz
Very good point. I actually had to think about this little problem for a while. However, I realized that there is no reason why my team wouldn't simply travel to the North Pole before Hal starts time again (Thor could easily teleport them there or they could travel in Hal's time bubble). This would allow them to not only avoid giving you team time to implement your plan but also give them the element of surprise.

Good point with Magma being time frozen when she leaves the bubble. I guess I'll just have to have Thor teleport her to the core of the earth before my team leaves the bubble in the North Pole to attack your team. That way she will be right where she needs to be only seconds after the fight starts.

LEt me try to answer your questions:

First of all who in my team is a nuclear physicist?
Well ....let me say that in Pre-Crisis times Superman was a unltra-genius. He could whip up thingimajigs that would make Reed Richards cry foul!
In modern times Superman is not written as having that same type of insane intellect (although in All Star Superman he has even gone beyond his former intellect into new levels), but Kal El is still extremely intelligent. It is just not shown as often or to the same scale as it used to be shown when he was shiving moons about.

However he is still very intelligent.
Think of his fortress of Solitude.
Think of his Superman robots ....which he himself built to such high levels that they are extremely powerful and capable (one such Superman robot took out the Titans and Young Justice, and in the process killed Donna Troi and some other person, and messed up the other members of the two teams ....including 2 flashes, Superboy, 2 Wonder'girls' ...if I include Donna here ....., tempest, and NW and Robin ....and did this with ease). Thus it shows Superman is intelligent enough when it comes to matters of science and engineering.
Moreover think of his current fortress of solitudes (plural) ....like the one he built in the jungle. The darn thing is science-central, and not just earth science but other stuff (like the levitating rocks):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/New_Fortress_of_Solitude.jpg

Superman is not written as he used to be when it comes to his intellect, but he is still insanely intelligent (it is just that after his pre-crisis showings they started to pale most of his powers, and the one that took the greatest hit in my opinion are showings of his intellect). Nonetheless Superman is very intelligent.

And if I could think of such a scenario then a comicbook character like Superman, who tinkers at the level that he does, would certainly think of something similar.

spetznaz

BTW .....I still don't understand how your team would know what I was up to to the extent that they are 'porting Magma to the center of the earth. Your team would actually have to be either omniscient or precogniscent to even know to try and beat mine to the North pole, or at the very least know exactly what I am going to be doing.

Also how exactly would Magma stop the earth?
More importantly how could she stop the core movement before Superman had gone around Magneto at least several times at light speed?

outarddwarf
this is totally nuts!

spetznaz

Finally it is my team that has a perfect Nash equilibrum. This is because my stratagem doesn't depend on what the other team is doing. There is no incentive for me to alter my plan.
However your plan is basically a focused tactic to negate mine, which means it is dependent on factors that are reactory in nature.
In game theory your plan is an inferior plan (not inferior due to you ....that is what it is actually called. LOL. I am not calling your plan inferior ....hey, I try to avoid misunderstandings).
Moreover your plan is dependent on your characters knowing exactly what mine will do.

Now, you have a pretty powerful telepath (cable) ....actually green lanterns do have SOME telepathy.
But my team will be going too fast for that, and mroeover i have a telepath to play cover if needed (though i doubt that will be necessary).

Anyways, in game theory my plan is sufficient in and of itself. Your plan is a direct countermeasure to mine.
I have the optimal NE here.

TheKahn
BTW .....I still don't understand how your team would know what I was up to to the extent that they are 'porting Magma to the center of the earth. Your team would actually have to be either omniscient or precogniscent to even know to try and beat mine to the North pole, or at the very least know exactly what I am going to be doing.

More importantly how could she stop the core movement before Superman had gone around Magneto at least several times at light speed?

Damnit! I accidentally forgot to separate one of my responses from your quote I was addressing. embarrasment

Here it is:
"Well Bishop, Cable, and Magma are all from the Marvel Universe, so when Hal detects Superman moving at super speed towards the North Pole in the company of Magneto before he stops time, it wouldn't take much to put two and two together. Especially when Magneto has messed with the planet's magnetic field before."

As to your other question remember that Superman would have to actually reveal his plan to your team. This will take some time and a good bit of convincing as nearly all of them will die in the attempt wink. Magma's power is to control rock and lava. What I'm am suggesting she do is stop the core of the earth from spinning. She could increase the pressure/friction on the core from the surrounding rocks. Now I know this is a lot for her to do but she would have gone over this action numerous times before (thanks to Cable) and would be operating at her max potential.

batdude123

^^^...

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by outarddwarf
this is totally nuts!

Cosigned. Very hard to follow.

batdude123
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Cosigned. Very hard to follow.

I can follow it. big grin innocent

TheKahn

Well ....let me say that in Pre-Crisis times Superman was a unltra-genius. He could whip up thingimajigs that would make Reed Richards cry foul!
In modern times Superman is not written as having that same type of insane intellect (although in All Star Superman he has even gone beyond his former intellect into new levels), but Kal El is still extremely intelligent. It is just not shown as often or to the same scale as it used to be shown when he was shiving moons about.

Think of his Superman robots ....which he himself built to such high levels that they are extremely powerful and capable (one such Superman robot took out the Titans and Young Justice, and in the process killed Donna Troi and some other person, and messed up the other members of the two teams ....including 2 flashes, Superboy, 2 Wonder'girls' ...if I include Donna here ....., tempest, and NW and Robin ....and did this with ease). Thus it shows Superman is intelligent enough when it comes to matters of science and engineering.
Moreover think of his current fortress of solitudes (plural) ....like the one he built in the jungle. The darn thing is science-central, and not just earth science but other stuff (like the levitating rocks):

Superman is not written as he used to be when it comes to his intellect, but he is still insanely intelligent (it is just that after his pre-crisis showings they started to pale most of his powers, and the one that took the greatest hit in my opinion are showings of his intellect). Nonetheless Superman is very intelligent.

And if I could think of such a scenario then a comicbook character like Superman, who tinkers at the level that he does, would certainly think of something similar.

I'll grant that Superman is no slouch when it comes to brains but there is still the problem of him needing time to explain his plan to your team that is if you believe that Clark is knowledgeable enough about advanced physics which is not the same as engineering and whose to say all that stuff didn't come with instructions shifty, figuring out a way to compress the mass of the earth around the point you will generate your star, the fact that Hal can protect my team from the explosion, and my team can stop yours before your even get started thanks to Hal's time stop.

TheKahn
Finally it is my team that has a perfect Nash equilibrum. This is because my stratagem doesn't depend on what the other team is doing. There is no incentive for me to alter my plan.
However your plan is basically a focused tactic to negate mine, which means it is dependent on factors that are reactory in nature.
In game theory your plan is an inferior plan (not inferior due to you ....that is what it is actually called. LOL. I am not calling your plan inferior ....hey, I try to avoid misunderstandings).
Moreover your plan is dependent on your characters knowing exactly what mine will do.

Now, you have a pretty powerful telepath (cable) ....actually green lanterns do have SOME telepathy.
But my team will be going too fast for that, and mroeover i have a telepath to play cover if needed (though i doubt that will be necessary).

Anyways, in game theory my plan is sufficient in and of itself. Your plan is a direct countermeasure to mine.

What the f**k?
That's because you posted first and the scope of my plan is perfectly adequate I'll have you know! embarrasment wink

Hey, it's not my fault that the first thing your team does is "run away" evil face My plan is to apprise the situation, stop time, plan my attack, and then carry out that attack. Simple as that and not reactionary in the least. big grin

spetznaz
^^^...

Sorry ....I was kind of tied up elsewhere.

your question was why wouldn't Hal be able to just contain the darn thing. Good question ....I have a comic (one of the JLA 1 million series) where Kyle contains an exploding Solaris (a living sun) ....although he did have some help from Superman one million (who has 'force vision'). Anyways, he strained to do so ....but he did do it.

Thus Hal should be able to do such a thing, and if he can then he should be able to contain what I am talking about.
Right?

Well ....obviously I will argue not.

Think of it this way ......what is easier to lift?
A 70 pound weight the size and shape of an X-box sized box, or a 50 pound weight that is the size of a car (let's say it is made out of cardboard)?
The latter will be harder to lift and carry, even though it is lighter. Why .....because it is far bulkier than the former case.
What does this have to do with anything?

It is one thing to try and contain something, and it is another thing altogether to try and contain it while you are on it and it is turning to flaming plasma all around you.

Visualize yourself having a power ring, and all around you the earth is going gaseous and aflame.
Now imagine another scenario where you are in space, and you can see the whole earth in front of you, and the same thing is happening.

In the former case you do not have enough perspective to even know the extent of what is going on .....but in the latter case you can see the entire picture and might have a chance (and presence of mind as well as vantage point) to do something.

TheKahn

your question was why wouldn't Hal be able to just contain the darn thing. Good question ....I have a comic (one of the JLA 1 million series) where Kyle contains an exploding Solaris (a living sun) ....although he did have some help from Superman one million (who has 'force vision'). Anyways, he strained to do so ....but he did do it.

Thus Hal should be able to do such a thing, and if he can then he should be able to contain what I am talking about.
Right?

A 70 pound weight the size and shape of an X-box sized box, or a 50 pound weight that is the size of a car (let's say it is made out of cardboard)?
The latter will be harder to lift and carry, even though it is lighter. Why .....because it is far bulkier than the former case.

It is one thing to try and contain something, and it is another thing altogether to try and contain it while you are on it and it is turning to flaming plasma all around you.

Visualize yourself having a power ring, and all around you the earth is going gaseous and aflame.
Now imagine another scenario where you are in space, and you can see the whole earth in front of you, and the same thing is happening.

In the former case you do not have enough perspective to even know the extent of what is going on .....but in the latter case you can see the entire picture and might have a chance (and presence of mind as well as vantage point) to do something.

I don't need him to contain the blast, only to protect my team from it. Not that it the earth-to-sun plan would (a) work to begin with or (b) be able to be completed by your team wink

batdude123

Right?

I already realized that he could actually contain if only for a little bit, but that wasn't really my question. My question was how are you gonna make the earth into a star? With the extreme temperatures of what you say Superman is gonna make, you also said that it's gonna turn the whole earth into a giant ball of hydrogen. One problem with that, stars are not just made out of pure hydrogen. It is a combination of hydrogen and helium, with just hydrogen, you wouldn't be making the earth into a star, you would be making it into a GIANT nuclear bomb in effect. It would blow up the entire earth like a million times over. You first said that you would make it into a miniature star even though its mass is considerably less than any star. It wouldn't be a star, it would just create a HUGE explosion. That was basically my first point. big grin

bean_machine
Well let me start by saying OMFG, this is one of the best threads ever.

And...

Because of the high temperature all the matter on earth will become a big molecular cloud. Another effect of the high temperature is that it will cause gravitational instability in the molecular cloud which will facilitate the creation of molecular hydrogen. Lastly the high temperature will cause solar ignition, whereupon an equilibrium will form between the thermal pressure outward and the weight of the hydrogen (caused by gravity) above pressing inward. This is called Hydrostatic equilibrium.

The reaction doesn't have to start at the center of the molecular cloud. It can happen anywhere, as long as it is in the confines of the molecular cloud. Even on the edge is fine, outward thermal pressure and gravity will equal out in the end ensuring a spherical object made out of hydrogen.

Oh and at the creation of a sun there is only hydrogen. The solar ignition causes the nuclear fusion of hydrogen, which produces helium. So there is no need for helium to be present for the creation of a star. Helium is the product of nuclear fusion, so hydrogen is only present after the start of nuclear fusion.

And depending on which kind of star we are talking about, it can be made up of hydrogen, helium, and a core of carbon and oxygen, like a white dwarf. A black dwarf also contains nitrogen.

grey fox

bean_machine
Well technically speaking, a molecular cloud is made up of roughly

grey fox
Roughly what ?

bean_machine
Sorry my internet just slowed up because my roommate is downloading torrent shit.

Well technically speaking, a molecular cloud is made up of roughly 75% hydrogen, 21-24% helium, and trace amounts of other molecules such as dust and mineral grains.

But to my knowledge there only hydrogen needs to be present for a star to form. The helium in the star is there because of nuclear fusion.

Does that answer your question batdude123?

spetznaz
Originally posted by grey fox
Ok i didn't understand all of that i think i kinda get it.

Magneto gives himself a power boost by slotting himself within the earths magnetic field , he has Bobby lower the temperature (this is the second part of the Electromagnet creation i think ?) supes then loops around a few times finally finishing it causing magneto to

A. fry the earth with a shit-load of electricity (The heat of creation...that owns the force of a white dwarf star ...looks like Flash writers are going to need flashier sounding words)

B. Merge with all the elements present and become a godlike entity

C. create a sun within which supes shall sun-dip

Tell me if i'm wrong, Molecules and Magnets aren't my strong points....

In a nutshell ....yes.

bean_machine
Dammit I did it again.

When I used the term black dwarf in my previous post, I meant brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs used to be called black dwarfs, but the term was changed and the term black dwarf means something else.

I got graded down on my final for that little mistake, that my professor is picky about.

bean_machine
Well Spetznaz if you can explain how you would you go about compressing then I think that you got this.

batdude123
Oh, sorry I must have misunderstood you. embarrasment

Yea, that could very easily be argued based on other examples. My point was only that nothing in his power set would explain him transcending his physical body (as opposed to Franklin who can manipulate reality and Jean who is connected to the fundamental creative force of the MU). I.e. if you turn the earth into a star he would still die from a lack of oxygen no matter how powerful he became.

Fair enough.

Very interesting. Well my first question would be who on your team is a nuclear physicist? Such a think might be possible but how would your team know how to do it?

Also what would protect Superman from having his body affected by either the temperature (ie turn into hydrogen) or dieing from the massive explosion that would result from your plan, as we are talking about an explosion far greater than a nuclear bomb. From what I know of his bio-aura, the reason he is able to approach the sun is that as he gets closer his body absorbs more yellow sunlight. This increases the strength of his aura which in turn enables him to get even close in a loop-type effect. However, the aura can be overloaded with either high level energy or kinetic attacks and what you are proposing could safely be called both. His aura wouldn't have the time it needs to strengthen itself to the necessary level.

Good point. So perhaps the composition and temperature of the Earth/star would wield greater influence over the type of star as opposed to mass? That is certainly possible (in the confines of this debate it may not be possible to know for sure either way).

If we assume that your plan would work, two problems still remain. One is that the Earth/star would still not have enough gravitational pull to hold itself together. The thermonuclear reaction would reach a point where the force it produces would exceed the ability of the planet to hold it's mass in. The second is that you are not starting your reaction at the core of the planet. So gravity (or any other force for that matter) would not be forcing hydrogen gas into your makeshift reactor to fuel it as it does in a star. The initial explosion would actually force hydrogen away from you instead of to you.

You forgot to explain in there exactly how you are going to compress the mass of the Earth/star wink. It might be possible but I don't think your team is up to matter manipulation (either being physically able to or knowing how) when all except Superman are going to die very shorty in your plan.

And the rules say that I can't leave the "field of combat". Going into space above the planet isn't leaving the field of combat as your team could easily follow and continue the fight thereby making it a field where we are engaged in combat shifty (it's not like my team would be trying to excape). Besides Hal would be able to easily protect my team if they decide to stay on the planet.

Very good points. One point is added to your score.

batdude123

Nice job with Superman being a genius. wink One point is added.

batdude123

One point.

batdude123

One point.

batdude123
Damnit! I accidentally forgot to separate one of my responses from your quote I was addressing. embarrasment

Here it is:
"Well Bishop, Cable, and Magma are all from the Marvel Universe, so when Hal detects Superman moving at super speed towards the North Pole in the company of Magneto before he stops time, it wouldn't take much to put two and two together. Especially when Magneto has messed with the planet's magnetic field before."

As to your other question remember that Superman would have to actually reveal his plan to your team. This will take some time and a good bit of convincing as nearly all of them will die in the attempt wink. Magma's power is to control rock and lava. What I'm am suggesting she do is stop the core of the earth from spinning. She could increase the pressure/friction on the core from the surrounding rocks. Now I know this is a lot for her to do but she would have gone over this action numerous times before (thanks to Cable) and would be operating at her max potential.

One point.

batdude123
I'll grant that Superman is no slouch when it comes to brains but there is still the problem of him needing time to explain his plan to your team that is if you believe that Clark is knowledgeable enough about advanced physics which is not the same as engineering and whose to say all that stuff didn't come with instructions shifty, figuring out a way to compress the mass of the earth around the point you will generate your star, the fact that Hal can protect my team from the explosion, and my team can stop yours before your even get started thanks to Hal's time stop.

One point.

batdude123
Originally posted by bean_machine
Sorry my internet just slowed up because my roommate is downloading torrent shit.

Well technically speaking, a molecular cloud is made up of roughly 75% hydrogen, 21-24% helium, and trace amounts of other molecules such as dust and mineral grains.

But to my knowledge there only hydrogen needs to be present for a star to form. The helium in the star is there because of nuclear fusion.

Does that answer your question batdude123?

Yes it does. yes

bean_machine
I really don't think so. If a molecular cloud of pure hydrogen were to be gravitationally disturbed, then star formation can occur. Shock waves from supernovas usually cause the gravitational instability. Since supernovas expel elements like helium, the molecular cloud will no longer be pure helium.

As a star begins to burn up all its hydrogen, the core becomes almost pure helium and then the star becomes pretty much a helium star.

It is also possible for a star to form from pure helium, but its life would be so short, relative to a hydrogen star.

So a star can form from pure hydrogen or pure helium.

All you need for the formation of a star is a cloud of hydrogen or helium that is dense enough to be hot enough to start nuclear fusion.

It is theoretically possible to form a star out of any element lighter than lead, it is just very improbable. If I had the means necessary to condense massive amounts of mass of gold, so that I can produce enough heat for nuclear fusion, I could make a gold sun instead of a hydrogen sun.

batdude123
Originally posted by bean_machine
I really don't think so. If a molecular cloud of pure hydrogen were to be gravitationally disturbed, then star formation can occur. Shock waves from supernovas usually cause the gravitational instability. Since supernovas expel elements like helium, the molecular cloud will no longer be pure helium.

As a star begins to burn up all its hydrogen, the core becomes almost pure helium and then the star becomes pretty much a helium star.

It is also possible for a star to form from pure helium, but its life would be so short, relative to a hydrogen star.

So a star can form from pure hydrogen or pure helium.

All you need for the formation of a star is a cloud of hydrogen or helium that is dense enough to be hot enough to start nuclear fusion.

It is theoretically possible to form a star out of any element lighter than lead, it is just very improbable. If I had the means necessary to condense massive amounts of mass of gold, so that I can produce enough heat for nuclear fusion, I could make a gold sun instead of a hydrogen sun.

Yes, you pretty much covered what I was asking, but... You said that if the molecular cloud of hydrogen were to be gravitationally disturbed, then the star formation could occur. What did spetznaz say he was going to use exactly for the gravitational disturbance so this could happen? I have to be honest, I kinda zoned out about 3/4 of the way down his LONG post. embarrasment

batdude123
Ya know what? Screw the point system. It's kinda getting hard catching up with everything especially when I'm gone. So from now on I'm going to leave this match up to the general opinion of the people.

batdude123
bump... big grin

MrHeavySilence
Pretty interesting argument. So it is assumed that Green Lantern's "time stopping" ability will give Kahn's team enough time for a counter? I guess that's similar to Tempo's ability to cause time to flow at different rates for different individuals. However, assuming Hal pulls a "time stop," the rate of time inside the bubble would be normal right? Well, Green Lanterns have a 24 hour limit before they have to recharge, and increments of maybe 7 to 10 seconds will be given to Spetznaz each time Green Lantern breaks the bubble and has to recharge. Unless someone tells me that time is different in the shield bubble since I don't know much about the "time stop" deal o.0.

PS. You guys are model debators for sure!

batdude123
another bumpity

batdude123
bump big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.