supermans speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tonyman1989
how fast is he currently

Mindship
Last I heard, 99% lightspeed.

Avalonofthewind
At last count, at least 8x to 15x faster than light.

Validus
Slower than non-uber Flash, faster than everyone else. That's the way I always look at it.

superman41082
Sometimes he's just as fast as Flash. They race all the time, and lots of times it's a staight up tie. I'd say that Flash would have to be a little faster, or there'd be no point to a Flash. I'm sure, especially in hyperspace, they both can exceed light speed.

Validus
Their races mean nothing. Usually neither is going close to their full speed. However Flash has feats that put him way, way past light. So does Supes but not nearly to the degree of Wally.

Bazrox
Originally posted by Validus
Slower than non-uber Flash, faster than everyone else. That's the way I always look at it.

Excellent answer. If you want to get specific, DC doesn't really have a specific number in their books like Marvel does(or used to do) behind the scenes.
At the moment, it ranges from anywhere near lightspeed to past light, depending on story and writer.

Mindship
Flash has the speedforce; Surfer can use cosmic power to enter hyperspace; other characters use magic...how the heck does Superman go faster than light? He's just solar-powered, no special energies involved, and no amount of energy in the universe is gonna move a mass AT lightspeed, let alone past it through sheer brute force.

Does Superman have some unmentioned space-warping ability? Or--more likely--is this just an utter and absolute disregard for laws of physics? The latter is allowed, of course, in comics, but then why stop there? Trash all the laws of physics and let's have a warpfest for all.

superman41082
Originally posted by Validus

You're right about the races. This is how I see it, too.

White Reeper
What about normal flash and supe who is faster then

MattDay
who knows? equal in running pace i s'pose. and supes is faster if flying i think thats how it might go

TheKahn
Originally posted by superman41082
Sometimes he's just as fast as Flash. They race all the time, and lots of times it's a staight up tie. I'd say that Flash would have to be a little faster, or there'd be no point to a Flash. I'm sure, especially in hyperspace, they both can exceed light speed.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/184/flashenergysteal24uo1mf.th.jpg

MattDay
says it all right there dudes in that picture

White Reeper
I think he is faster flying to.

Cosmic Cube
Superman has a psionic space warping ability. That's what allows him to travel so fast. It's the only logical explaination.

Magee
Nah thats just ur explanation. Where most people can read a comic and not be outraged at the fact Superman can exceed light speed, some people on these boards are. Which is why you will never find an answer to half the questions around, except theory's by the fans... Take comic books with a pinch of salt my friend.

supremthor
in that psc they were moving at a lil over 1% light speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.