restart as novice or pursue mastery? or pursue 2 things at once?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROYALGUARD
ok i have doubts but i have decided to take martial art class. i know 2 locations that are 5 mins away from driving bout 2 miles from my house.

i have brown belt at tae kwon do (striker style fighting) and i was wondering if i should continue my mastery and get black belt or should i go to jujitsu martial art and start as novice.(grappling throwing style of fighting)

or both? but it will be time consuming and physically stressful.

your thoughts?

DarkC
Tae Kwon Do, it'll probably come in as more useful.

Lovely Murder
do both... i know if i could afford it i would...

ROYALGUARD
Originally posted by Lovely Murder
do both... i know if i could afford it i would...

i can afford but its time consuming.

i didnt know about this but check this out www.wtf.org

what the fvck? or is it

Koala MeatPie
Yeah do both, Then go for your Dans, Then go out and fight crime in a tight fitting Leotard in the depths of night.

Or Be an Unstopable Super Villan.

Either way, it works.

mysterio69
whatever can infict the most pain on your enemies. that is the one i'd take.

Koala MeatPie

mysterio69

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by mysterio69
i think it would be a lot more enjoyable to just f*ck someone up with my bare hands.

... 10 cent Hooker?

mysterio69
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
... 10 cent Hooker?
are you saying you want to beat up a 10 cent hooker?

ROYALGUARD
Originally posted by mysterio69
whatever can infict the most pain on your enemies. that is the one i'd take.

jujitsu kills or break bones or do submission till unconcious.
tae kwon do inflict bruises. can break bones if i strike at knees. but it doesnt kill enemy.

jujitsu has the most damage because it can kill instantly. break someones neck. or put them into sleep by squeezing the platysma area.

DarkC
Originally posted by ROYALGUARD
jujitsu kills or break bones or do submission till unconcious.
tae kwon do inflict bruises. can break bones if i strike at knees. but it doesnt kill enemy.

jujitsu has the most damage because it can kill instantly. break neck
.....you really want to kill and cause serious damage?

Geez, take Muay Thai or something.

ROYALGUARD
i dont wanna kill. i just want defensive martial art.

Vinny Valentine
Jujitsu.

DarkC
i dont wanna kill. i just want defensive martial art.
Muay Thai.

Koala MeatPie

ROYALGUARD
Originally posted by DarkC
Muay Thai.

damn i have to go 24 miles 30mins drive at fremont for that...they teach muay thai or kickboxing.

5 minsdrive for jujitsu and/or taekwondo

ill try both initially but if it doesnt work ill pursue jujitsu for defensive purposes.

ROYALGUARD
when i was eating dinner i just realized, jujitsu can be used to restrain patients who are violent i got no skills to do so. jujitsu is more useful at work. tae kwon do is useless because i cant kick someone to restrain them or use it at work. So ill take vinny's advice this time.

kaneda_284
Tae Kwon Do is fun. I'm in it as part of my college classes and I'm a yellow belt. Haven't gone to a workout for almost a month though so i'm going to be sore come thursday morning

Koala MeatPie
Just take what I took, A college class Titled "offensive Combat" Also titled "Combat Fitness"

If your teacher is an ex hippie in his late 50ies - early 60ies and on his 7th dan, he will teach you how to to kill a man with one hit of your bare hands.

ROYALGUARD
Originally posted by kaneda_284
Tae Kwon Do is fun. I'm in it as part of my college classes and I'm a yellow belt. Haven't gone to a workout for almost a month though so i'm going to be sore come thursday morning

aw man i am having a flash back when i was ''graduating'' from white to yellow. i got held back 3 times because i cant even perform the simple steps.
congrats man. only 4 more belts then ill spar with you. wink

kaneda_284
my instructor is 52. he also teaches judo with a mix of hapkido. i've learned at least 5 different joint locks.

ROYALGUARD
ive heard of judo and hapkido but i havent seen the fightin style.

kaneda_284
i'm not part of the Judo academy but we incorporate Hapkido into Tae Kwon Do. so far, we're learning how to perform break-falls and different locks on the arms and hands.

K.Diddy
ok i have doubts but i have decided to take martial art class. i know 2 locations that are 5 mins away from driving bout 2 miles from my house.

i have brown belt at tae kwon do (striker style fighting) and i was wondering if i should continue my mastery and get black belt or should i go to jujitsu martial art and start as novice.(grappling throwing style of fighting)

or both? but it will be time consuming and physically stressful.

your thoughts?

Kickboxing or join a gun club to get a licence to buy a gun no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.