Link vs. Arthas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
Link with all his weapons/masks/magic fights against Arthas in 4 rounds.

Link Gets two days of rest between each fight and six ours of prep before each fight.

Link vs. Arthas While he's still a paladin

Link vs. Arthas in his Death Knight form

Link vs. Arthas in a Fully powered Death Knight form

Link vs. Arthas the Lich King

kamikz
Link on all except mabey the last one. If lightarrows worked on him then he wins, but without it I doubt he has a chance...If Link has all the equipment, then he could turn himself invinsible and become a giant, then mabey he has a slight chance, or he could turn himself invisible, don't know if the Lich can see that. But it is still more likley that the Lich King wins this...

Tallis
Off-topic: Where did you find that pic, in your sig.

On-topic: Okay lets say for the sake of arguement, That The Seven sages come and help out Link in the Final battle what then

kamikz
If they do then Link would most likley win.

Off topic: Someone made it at Zelda.com forums.

ESB - 1138
Umm didn't the seven sages have to wait for Ganon to get weakened before they could do anything? So wouldn't Link have to weaken the Lich King. Besides if we are going by gameplay Link is only allowed to use the Giant's Mask against one boss.

kamikz
But we are not going by gameplay, you should never do that in a debate.

Yes, if The Lich King can prevent them from sealing him. The problem is that we don't know the exact basis behind why they didn't seal him at once, mabey because he knew how to defend himself against them. (Like that spell he threw at Link in the beginning, that surrounded Link in darkness, later Ganon lost controll, mabey the spell wore off). Just a guess.

ESB - 1138
Or maybe Ganon was too strong to seal up at the moment because if you haven't noticed whenever they do go to seal up Ganon Link has to weaken him down a lot

Tallis
Okay lets go with ESB-1138's theory. Will Link be able to weaken the Lich King enough for the Sages to seal him??

kamikz
If Link's got everything then, yes I belive he does.

And ESB, yes that's true, but if you didn't notice either he totally lost controll at the end. He didn't seem tired or weak, he seem mad as hell, he was swinging around his swords like crazy.

1021kid
who is arthas

MadMel
-off topic-arthus is from warcraft 3..he used to be a paladin and prince of the human kingdom..he fought against the undead, eventualy going to northrend and taking up the cursed sword frostmourne, which made him go nuts and turn into a deathknight..he helped summon the demon lord archimonde...and later rescused the lich king, the entity who was in charge of the undead. arthus returned to northrend and freed the lich king.he then joined with him to become an even more powerful entity
-on topic-the lich king/arthus would easily pwn link

kamikz
Proof?

Hoshi
well , if link couldnt even weaken the lich king in his oni link form it would be a very strange fact .Remember that the mastewr sword is able to cut the evil , and his light arrows would do a great amount of danage to him.

kamikz
^

1021kid
i vote link

MadMel
i dont.....lichking isnt true evil, he was just an orc shaman, who opposed the demons who enslaved his people...plus he has insurmountable mind powers, he could force link to cut his own throat laughing out loud

Tallis
But thats not entirely true, The Lich King's mind powers arent capable of controlling everyone as proved with the nerubians from WC3. So it might not have an effect on Link

kamikz
Originally posted by MadMel
i dont.....lichking isnt true evil, he was just an orc shaman, who opposed the demons who enslaved his people...plus he has insurmountable mind powers, he could force link to cut his own throat laughing out loud

Of course he is evil, he is very, very evil. Orc Shamans lust for power and calls demons from other worlds, and The Lich King is the worst of them. He helped to bring Archimond to the world and used the plauge to kill nearly every human in Lorderon. And look at the pain he has caused people like Sylvanas...

And his mind powers doesen't clearly work on every living being, and should not work on Link. Link is not exactly weak minded, has never done anything for himself only and almost never asks for a reward, and always keeps fighting no matter what. He has also got the triforce of courage, his fighting spirit and his courage will never fail him.

Kaithen
Yes, he is evil, if he wasnt, why would he want to controll Azeroth stick out tongue

Tidas
I agree with Kamikz on this one

MadMel
hmm no he didnt want to control azeroth, the demons forced him to..unless you mean when he was realeased....if he is wanting azeroth, hes taking his sweet time..
and the nerubians where evolved with mind control resistance, who knows why, tho. and it doesnt matter how 'pure' link was. look what happened to arthus, he was a freakin paladin, and he succumbed to the lich kings power...
i say link beats his paladin form..but not the rest..one death coil and hes gone

kamikz
So, he is still evil. He was corrupted by the demons, like Grom and the others, except that he has been so for a long, long time. And when his demon masters no longer had control over him he still continued to rule lifes and spread the plauge, which is evil....

He was corrupting Arthas for a long time, he made him feel hate and revenge and tricked him to Northrend. And for those who say that he is corrupted already from the beginning....

Uther clearly says that when a Paladin feels anger or hate, and let's his emotions control what he does, he will become as vile as the orcs. Arthas had seen his people being turned into and killed by the undead, all thanks to MalGanis. He then travelled to Northrend to hunt him down, this after killing a whole town with his own people. (Because they were turning into undead). Now he let revenge and hate control him. He then met with Muradin, who lived there, (and was still not corrupted, though he fought the Lich King's forces) and they went to pick up Frostmourn. When they arrived, it said on the describtion that it would scare his sould, still he picked it up, only to save his people. Now the Lich King also had his spirit...

No, absolutley not. How does one death coil finish him off, he has numerous things that makes him immune to this, even his simple mirror shield would be able to resist this. And I seriousley doubt that he has this ability. Mannaroth in gameplay had reincarnation as an ultimate special ability, still, what happened when Grom killed him? He died outright.
Grom showed to have invisibility and mirror image AND bladestorm as an ability in gameplay, still, how could he become captured in a CAGE by some human footmen? This is the same guy who killed Archimonds greatest captain... Why would a death knight heal people anyway?

MadMel
1. thanx for the history lesson..i really needed to know what happened during the warcraft 3, especially since ive beaten the campaign several times now roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. gameplay mannaroth (or all pitlords for that matter) had an ultimate move that let him summon demons roll eyes (sarcastic)..not reincarnation...where the hell did you get that from laughing out loud...

3. grom was captured because he had a limit to all those abilities. he had a good sized army against him..

4. and where the hell did i or u say that a death knight was going to heal anybody escept his own troops!!

kamikz
Originally posted by MadMel
in gameplay mannaroth (or all pitlords for that matter) had an ultimate move that let him summon demons roll eyes (sarcastic)..not reincarnation...where the hell did you get that from laughing out loud...
grom was captured because he had a limit to all those abilities. he had a good sized army against him..

Use the WC editor, you are talking about normal Pitlords, I'm talking about the best, Mannaroth, and he indeed has reincarnation.

So, he should be able to get out from one of those cages easily, for one, turn invisible making them belive he's gone, 2 when he uses mirror image, he splits himself in four, which makes him go to another position, that means outside of the cage. Try it, for example when the Druid (Nightelf hero) has you captured with entangling roots, you can use mirror image to get out of there....

And not many heros have shown themselfs being able to use their abilities. Why doesen't Thrall summon 2 wolfs and use lightning at Mannaroth? Why doesen't Grom go berserk with bladestorm?
I think it is only a thing to fill out gameplay, sure they have powers, but it doesen't necessarily mean everyone got it, or as powerful. It's like the thought that Hero's gets revived at an altar roll eyes (sarcastic)

MadMel
crymy map editor doesnt work......crybaby

kamikz
Damn that's to bad, it's so loveley, you can create whatever you want, make them go up more levels and get......oh sorry.... well it's good... confused

Well many of my friends have had problems with it to, but they have all made it in the end, good luck to ya...

MadMel
bawling...laughing out loud....dont worry, ill figure it out..

kamikz
You better mad Lol just kidding, of course you will, good luck again.

Burning thought
anyway back on topic, Paladin form is probably owned, but all others have Death coil, and no its doubtful the mirror shield is a 100% spell reflector, i read on many sites that Links mirror shield can reflect SOME spells and not all the time, also Arthas isnt exactly a weak swordsmen, first off he is trained as a paladin before hand who are bound to be skilled fighters, also he has the Lich King through his mind once he has the Sword, which is perhaps capable of killing link with one slight slash of the head, his shield isnt necceserily indestructible is it, and even if it was, its not like it comes up instantly every time Arthas tries to strike, anyone i say he dies in 1 death coil, and if reflected arthas can defend himself with his sword until he can do it again, unlikely link will reflect it again, or Arthas strikes him down with a sword. I say Link has a TINY chance of winning this one, also Fully powered Death Knight form is very similar, Death coil or sword skills, Either way i doubt Link would be strong enough

Also in the Final match against the Lich King, Forget it, not worth explaining rolling on floor laughing , Link would be under the control of the lich king before he can move laughing , as i said in another post, it is proven in the game that mos things were controlled by the Lich king at the very start including brilliantly minded mages and wizards, and saying he could of just controlled the whole world if that was the case is a foolish thought since first off the Demons would of probably destroyed him and also he created his own plan, he knew what he was doing, his mind is increased ten thousand fold from being a great minded Orc Warlock Chief to a an almost omniscient being and combining with Arthas he gains all his old power including increased abilities from having a physical form, i mean cmon honestly, if as a frozen soul locked in a frozen ice block he can destroy the human Kingdoms and create an army in the millions its doubtful hes going to make himself weaker, now hes got a full body with the sword included with his helmet and breastplate.

Sorry for the long post big grin but a skinny elf guy with a sword and shield and various artifacts cannot defeat Godlike entities IMO, especially if they have Mind Control power smile

kamikz
Originally posted by Burning thought
anyway back on topic, Paladin form is probably owned, but all others have Death coil, and no its doubtful the mirror shield is a 100% spell reflector, i read on many sites that Links mirror shield can reflect SOME spells and not all the time, also Arthas isnt exactly a weak swordsmen, first off he is trained as a paladin before hand who are bound to be skilled fighters, also he has the Lich King through his mind once he has the Sword, which is perhaps capable of killing link with one slight slash of the head, his shield isnt necceserily indestructible is it, and even if it was, its not like it comes up instantly every time Arthas tries to strike, anyone i say he dies in 1 death coil, and if reflected arthas can defend himself with his sword until he can do it again, unlikely link will reflect it again, or Arthas strikes him down with a sword. I say Link has a TINY chance of winning this one, also Fully powered Death Knight form is very similar, Death coil or sword skills, Either way i doubt Link would be strong enough

Also in the Final match against the Lich King, Forget it, not worth explaining rolling on floor laughing , Link would be under the control of the lich king before he can move laughing , as i said in another post, it is proven in the game that mos things were controlled by the Lich king at the very start including brilliantly minded mages and wizards, and saying he could of just controlled the whole world if that was the case is a foolish thought since first off the Demons would of probably destroyed him and also he created his own plan, he knew what he was doing, his mind is increased ten thousand fold from being a great minded Orc Warlock Chief to a an almost omniscient being and combining with Arthas he gains all his old power including increased abilities from having a physical form, i mean cmon honestly, if as a frozen soul locked in a frozen ice block he can destroy the human Kingdoms and create an army in the millions its doubtful hes going to make himself weaker, now hes got a full body with the sword included with his helmet and breastplate.

Sorry for the long post big grin but a skinny elf guy with a sword and shield and various artifacts cannot defeat Godlike entities IMO, especially if they have Mind Control power smile

And what says that Link is a crappy swordsman? He defeated the best swordsmen in Ikana at the same time, and that giant swordsman, as a kid.....He also defeated the best trained Gerudo fighters and Ganon/Ganondorf, a 1000 year old beats and swordsman....
And he could defend from Arthas strikes, then slash his legs, he would have a much better time fighting Arthas then Arthas would have fighting him. And one light arrow and Arthas is done for... He also has invisibility with the stone mask, so Arthas can't see him, he has giants mask so he can crush him, he has inVincibility so he can't be wounded, and that spin that is increadibly powerful. (Especially in WW).

Prove a link to the, "sometimes defends spells" quote, against the Witches Link defended every single attack, he even absorbed their magic in the shield and could release it at will.

And there is nothing to say that Link can be converted in 1 second against the Lich King, and it is highly unlikley. And there is not more proof that Lich King can do it at once as he can manipulate people. I say that is unclear and should be left out until we find out.... And since when "Political/Domination Power > Single Entity Power" in single combat?

And my point before about abilities = Gameplay still stands. Why would Arthas use this, "uber instakill" death coil on Illidan?

Burning thought
Originally posted by kamikz
And what says that Link is a crappy swordsman? He defeated the best swordsmen in Ikana at the same time, and that giant swordsman, as a kid.....He also defeated the best trained Gerudo fighters and Ganon/Ganondorf, a 1000 year old beats and swordsman....
And he could defend from Arthas strikes, then slash his legs, he would have a much better time fighting Arthas then Arthas would have fighting him. And one light arrow and Arthas is done for... He also has invisibility with the stone mask, so Arthas can't see him, he has giants mask so he can crush him, he has inVincibility so he can't be wounded, and that spin that is increadibly powerful. (Especially in WW).

Prove a link to the, "sometimes defends spells" quote, against the Witches Link defended every single attack, he even absorbed their magic in the shield and could release it at will.

And there is nothing to say that Link can be converted in 1 second against the Lich King, and it is highly unlikley. And there is not more proof that Lich King can do it at once as he can manipulate people. I say that is unclear and should be left out until we find out.... And since when "Political/Domination Power > Single Entity Power" in single combat?

And my point before about abilities = Gameplay still stands. Why would Arthas use this, "uber instakill" death coil on Illidan?

i wasnt saying Link is a crap swordsman, i was just trying to point out that Arthas isnt exactly a crap one either, it seems were only taking his natural magic into account into most of the battle, but Arthas's sword is a great long jagged beast of god knows what metal, with one hard swipe it could probably smash link onto the floor, Arthas is sturdier than Link, and if Link becomes a giant then Arthas can run between his legs and slash them, besides the breastplate, Sword and Helmet Arthas has are supposedly indestructable and he wears other heavy armour on his legs and arms, in fact, theres no part of his body not covered in hard armour, unlikely Links sword will slice through Arthas's Armour like butter, id say there more chance for Frostmourne to smash Links shield or slash through links Cloth that he wears, i doubt the Lich King would die if cut through the stomach or the legs any how, Arthas is no longer human when he puts that Helmet on, he becomes a godlike immortal entity. Immortal is a hard word to consider however since, in tolkeins works the elves are immortal yet it means they only die of old age, yet in many other Lores and Histories, immortal means indestructable or Almost indestructable

kamikz
. I read you're post wrong, thought you said Link was bad, I apologize.

Well Link has the golden gauntlets, which makes him able to lift something the size of a small building and toss it over 10 meters up in the air, and about 10 meters away from him, and he does it pretty fast. He has an enormous amount of more strenght than Arthas. And his sword is the evils bane, and the strongest sword ever built in Hyrule. (I can give you a link to that source and some more info later, gotta go out now...) so it will likley, combined with Link's strenght, cut through Arthas pretty badly...

A giant Link would most likley kick him miles away. And he is not as slow as an AT-AT in Star Wars, he is like a big human. He would move around much, much quicker than Arthas could keep up with his legs. Besides, standing under Link's legs would not be a pleasent sight roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where does it say it's indestructible? Then Link's shield is also indestructible....

And although I do not belive Link have hearths (which makes no sense at all), one of the Great Fairys gave him silver hearths, at least if we are going by logic, made him more resistant to damage, mabey made his skin hard as silver, who knows....

And I still don't think Arthas can see him when he is invisible....

I agree, it's to hard to judge the immortal part, (although I haven't really seen it included in facts about the Lich King), so it's hard to judge...

Burning thought
. I read you're post wrong, thought you said Link was bad, I apologize.

Well Link has the golden gauntlets, which makes him able to lift something the size of a small building and toss it over 10 meters up in the air, and about 10 meters away from him, and he does it pretty fast. He has an enormous amount of more strenght than Arthas. And his sword is the evils bane, and the strongest sword ever built in Hyrule. (I can give you a link to that source and some more info later, gotta go out now...) so it will likley, combined with Link's strenght, cut through Arthas pretty badly...

A giant Link would most likley kick him miles away. And he is not as slow as an AT-AT in Star Wars, he is like a big human. He would move around much, much quicker than Arthas could keep up with his legs. Besides, standing under Link's legs would not be a pleasent sight roll eyes (sarcastic)

Where does it say it's indestructible? Then Link's shield is also indestructible....

And although I do not belive Link have hearths (which makes no sense at all), one of the Great Fairys gave him silver hearths, at least if we are going by logic, made him more resistant to damage, mabey made his skin hard as silver, who knows....

And I still don't think Arthas can see him when he is invisible....

I agree, it's to hard to judge the immortal part, (although I haven't really seen it included in facts about the Lich King), so it's hard to judge...

the term immortal is used on the offical World of Warcraft site, it says he becomes the immortal lich King in the story line, also it says in the same piece he has unfathonable power, if it is unfathonable, it means it is so powerful you cannot imagine it, this is when he is first created however, he gains a lot of power by joining with Arthas, also the helmet and breastplate and sword of the lich king are thought of as indestructible since it survived demons ripping its owner apart, then it was increased in power by them and sent hurtling down to earth in a piece of ice, its doubtful that the armour of a near god would be destroyed by normal means such as swords and axes or any conventional weaponry. I doubt the Lich King himself can be defeated by Link, perhaps the death Knight and paladin arthas but when he combines with the lich King and becomes it, he becomes one of the most powerful things ever to live in Azeroth, a lot of things, such as Enormous Dragons, Gods and wizards and powers that can shape the world, if he is as great as all those, i think he can defeat Link in his cloth and sword and shield laughing

Kaithen
Link in his clothes that makes him invurable to fire, dive forever. His master sword made to defeat darkness in the world. The mirror shield that can reflect magics.

Dont forget all his items and magics + he got the triforce of courage!
He got all his maskes
and he got all his items.

Please send us the link where it tells his imortal...

Burning thought
Originally posted by Kaithen
Link in his clothes that makes him invurable to fire, dive forever. His master sword made to defeat darkness in the world. The mirror shield that can reflect magics.

Dont forget all his items and magics + he got the triforce of courage!
He got all his maskes
and he got all his items.

Please send us the link where it tells his imortal...

it says the whole story on the Official WoW site, http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story
or
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter4.html

i also read that he can effortlessly control the minds of the nearby creatures, i think his physchic powers are almost limitless, as long as they are within a range, probably 100 miles or something, but this shows he most probably could simply control Link, it shows or tells of no limit to the Lich Kings power in most of this story apart from when he was weakened for a moment when Illidan came

Tallis
but I doubt they mean immortal as unable to be killed. Remember Archimonde was said to be immortal yet an army of wisps was able to take him down

Burning thought
Originally posted by Tallis
but I doubt they mean immortal as unable to be killed. Remember Archimonde was said to be immortal yet an army of wisps was able to take him down

hmm perhaps, where does it say Archimonde is immortal again? i cannot remember, but i think the wisps energy negates him, if you remeber they actually drain magic power and since he was full up with such power he was drained which probably destroyed him, also i just read on the story that Malfurien the druid called forth the power of the World and let loose the fury of Nordressel (the world tree) and destroyed Archimonde with it, i dont think those wisps were ordinary ones, probably super powered

Kaithen
That mean that lich king is not unkillable

Kaithen
it says the whole story on the Official WoW site, http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story
or

i also read that he can effortlessly control the minds of the nearby creatures, i think his physchic powers are almost limitless, as long as they are within a range, probably 100 miles or something, but this shows he most probably could simply control Link, it shows or tells of no limit to the Lich Kings power in most of this story apart from when he was weakened for a moment when Illidan came

He cant, than why didnt he take controll of the dwarfs that were trying to kill him. They lived in northrend and were fighting his units.

kamikz
or

Saying he could effortlessly control the creatures near him doesen't mean he has "instant uber control" power. They have likley been there for a long time, and he is already controlling them so he owuld not need much effort. And there is still no proof that he can take over Link. He would most likley need an emotion or a feeling to go on, Link has never done anything for himself, really feels no hate for anyone, and his courage and fighting spirit never fails him, and he is not even near weak minded, so I don't know what the Lich King would do.....

And the six sages are there too, could trap him....

kamikz
the term immortal is used on the offical World of Warcraft site, it says he becomes the immortal lich King in the story line, also it says in the same piece he has unfathonable power, if it is unfathonable, it means it is so powerful you cannot imagine it, this is when he is first created however, he gains a lot of power by joining with Arthas, also the helmet and breastplate and sword of the lich king are thought of as indestructible since it survived demons ripping its owner apart, then it was increased in power by them and sent hurtling down to earth in a piece of ice, its doubtful that the armour of a near god would be destroyed by normal means such as swords and axes or any conventional weaponry. I doubt the Lich King himself can be defeated by Link, perhaps the death Knight and paladin arthas but when he combines with the lich King and becomes it, he becomes one of the most powerful things ever to live in Azeroth, a lot of things, such as Enormous Dragons, Gods and wizards and powers that can shape the world, if he is as great as all those, i think he can defeat Link in his cloth and sword and shield laughing

He was able to be killed by the eye of Sargeras (said even by one of his former demon masters, who actually came up with the idea). And Link has the sword which kills all evil, he would most likley cut through, or when he finds a weakspot, decipate Arthas/Lich King. He also has the golden gauntlets, which gives him strenght enough to toss a pillar which has incredible size and weight, and toss it about 10 meters in the air and 20 meters away from him, and that with not too much effort. His hits will come with such an incredible amount of power, and when he is a giant........

Link has defeated far worse than dragons before, like Vaato, who could turn people into stone and gave him miraculas power. Vaato even captured one of the gods, Fayrue (or whatever her name is) and Link defeated him...... Majoras Mask, who could grip a moon out of orbit and crash it down, he even protected it with a field of magic. (No it is not the fire that comes because it is just resently crossed the atmosphere, the giants are clearly pushing on that force field, what else would they do, warm their hands on the fire?). He could also turn people into....well whatever he could turn them into. And Ganondorf, the great king of evil, who was a master manipulator, a master swordsman/fighter and had an ancient demon inside his body that was over 1000 years old, and the triforce of power in his hand. I say Link is pretty capable, especially with the six sages....

Weird, I posted this before, but it never came into the thread..... (I'm not talking about that post I did just recently, I did exact THIS post...)

Burning thought
Saying he could effortlessly control the creatures near him doesen't mean he has "instant uber control" power. They have likley been there for a long time, and he is already controlling them so he owuld not need much effort. And there is still no proof that he can take over Link. He would most likley need an emotion or a feeling to go on, Link has never done anything for himself, really feels no hate for anyone, and his courage and fighting spirit never fails him, and he is not even near weak minded, so I don't know what the Lich King would do.....

And the six sages are there too, could trap him....

The creatures were not exactly near him, they were on the same island, which is a bit bigger than England, he can control basically anythin within that range, also you seem to thinking of this as a bit like SW manipulation for example your thought on him needing feelings for control. The lich king gets his mind power from pure psychic energy and dark arts of magic given to him by the Demons of the burning legion, every mind he controls strengthens him, by the time Arthas gains the Helmet and frees the Lich King he must be Monstorusly powerful. Considering he and Link would be fighting close, then the Lich King shouldnt have a problem wiping links mind just as he did the creatures on the island, unless link finds a way of attacking from 30-50 miles away laughing out loud also, it takes all 6 sages for the spell to work, wont take much for the Lich King to distract or destroy one sage, a simple blast of magic or a slash of his sword and thats a sage dead, or he could just mind control a sage so the spell would be usless or ofc the good old Death coil attack on one, dissolve all his flesh, its doubtful he would survive so i think Links had it in this fight, his sword skills may be powerful and his items great but to defeat a god takes more than one elf like character wearing green cloth hat and clothing rolling on floor laughing

kamikz
The creatures were not exactly near him, they were on the same island, which is a bit bigger than England, he can control basically anythin within that range, also you seem to thinking of this as a bit like SW manipulation for example your thought on him needing feelings for control. The lich king gets his mind power from pure psychic energy and dark arts of magic given to him by the Demons of the burning legion, every mind he controls strengthens him, by the time Arthas gains the Helmet and frees the Lich King he must be Monstorusly powerful. Considering he and Link would be fighting close, then the Lich King shouldnt have a problem wiping links mind just as he did the creatures on the island, unless link finds a way of attacking from 30-50 miles away laughing out loud also, it takes all 6 sages for the spell to work, wont take much for the Lich King to distract or destroy one sage, a simple blast of magic or a slash of his sword and thats a sage dead, or he could just mind control a sage so the spell would be usless or ofc the good old Death coil attack on one, dissolve all his flesh, its doubtful he would survive so i think Links had it in this fight, his sword skills may be powerful and his items great but to defeat a god takes more than one elf like character wearing green cloth hat and clothing rolling on floor laughing

Actually, as I said before, Link defeated a person who defeated a god. And he defeated a person who defeated about 6 Great Fairys. (The Great Fairys are explained in both Majoras Mask and the four swords adventure to be able to wipe out ARMIES easily as hell).

But there is no proof that he can control him that easiley, he could not control the Dwarves that attacked his forces, or the men that king Terrenas sent. And the six sages aren't running around, they appear in the sacred realm and trapp him, they aren't exactly visible. And Link could draw his bow really fast, one light arrow would be enough. And Link can also turn invisible....

Also, with the mask of truth, Link could dive into the mind of the Lich King himself and read his mind. And I think it is too much left out about this power to say for sure.
Link with Nayrus love is immune to magic and physical attacks though, and mind control is a magic is it not?

BackFire
Arthas, no question. He's the most powerful being on the planet of Azeroth, he's two hugely powerful being merged, it's been said that if every person on Azeroth attempted to attack him at once, he could kill them all.

Link, with his sword and boomerang and light arrow would stand no chance against the massive powers and spells of the Lich King Arthas.

Arthas as a Paladin on the other hand, could probably go either way.

kamikz
(Sigh). Well Link has proven to singlehandedly defeated every threat ever that came to Hyrule and outside Hyrule. Now this is when Link has all of his equipment ever, + the six sages

BackFire
I don't think his equipment is going to matter against a creature made up of two beings that, when seperated, were more powerful than any of the threats Link has ever faced.

kamikz
Were they really? ^

Anyway, what defence does he have against the six sages trapping him inside the sacred realm?

This is his instant mind control. (from offical WC site)

Arthas' fear and resolve proved to be his ultimate undoing. He tracked the plague's source to Northrend, intending to end its threat forever. Instead, Prince Arthas eventually fell prey to the Lich King's tremendous power. Believing that it would save his people, Arthas took up the cursed runeblade, Frostmourne. Though the sword did grant him unfathomable power, it also stole his soul and transformed him into the greatest of the Lich King's death knights

So he did indeed use Arthas feelings and emotions (and the fact that Paladin's must NOT use this, which makes it even easier) to convert him, and needed Frostmourn to do it.
And when they combined to one, why didn't he just control all the Blood mages, the Naga and Illidan himself. That would give him more armies, more magic/power and especially someone that could give him info about his former demon lord, Kil'Jaden...

And for the one who said The Lich King wasen't evil, from Chris Metzen (the creator and designer of the Warcraft universe)

"Arthas and Ner'zhul have become a perfect fusion of one being - Arthas' personality and body with Ner'zhul's wisdom, experience, power and EVIL." Note, Evil....

Burning thought
the part that proves his almost unquestionable power and mind strength is

"Encased within the frozen cask, Ner'zhul felt his consciousness expand ten thousand-fold. Warped by the demon's chaotic powers, Ner'zhul became a spectral being of unfathomable power. At that moment, the orc known as Ner'zhul was shattered forever, and the Lich King was born"

and this proves his power to control thousands of minds effortlessly, take into account he did this within moments of arriving before his strength began to swell

"From the confines of the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul began to reach out his vast consciousness and touch the minds of Northrend's native inhabitants. With little effort, he enslaved the minds of many indigenous creatures, including ice trolls and fierce wendigo, and he drew their evil brethren into his growing shadow. His psychic powers proved to be almost limitless, and he used them to create a small army that he housed within Icecrown's twisting labyrinths."

this proves that if he can effortlessly control all those creatures into an army, (trolls being pretty intelligent in the warcraft world) i doubt he will have a problem with Link

also take into account, the Lich King knows things are going to happen or at least roughly sort of like the Emporor in SW only more powerful, he has planned it this way. The only thing he didnt forsee is Illidan smashing the frozen throne but i think its because he still knew that it would work out for him in the end

"Ner'zhul and Arthas' spirits fused into a single mighty being, just as Ner'zhul had always planned. Illidan and his troops were forced to flee back to Outland in disgrace, while Arthas became one of the most powerful entities the world had ever known"

The raging cacophony in his mind caused Ner'zhul to grow even more powerful, as if their spirits provided him with much-needed nourishment"

if link tried to look into the Lich Kings mind i doubt hed be able to understand anything within his own feeble mind, it would probably make him even easier to control if not kill him from the overloading his mind.

kamikz
Nothing there proves he did it instantly, I mean, he lives in Northrend and so do all the creatures, so he would take all the time he needed to control them..... And most of the people he controlled were undead, Arthas killed them, he controlled them. He did not overtake many that were not in Northrend, for examples, the dwarves, who are more intelligent than ice trolls (which are not intelligent, normal trolls are) and much more adavanced.

The stones can gaze into Link's mind, but with the mask fo truth he prevents them from doing it, and gazes into theirs....

And how will he not have a problem with Link, the evils bane, the hero of time, carrier of the triforce of courage, hero of the wind, mighty swordsman, magican, warrior. Link has defeated anything that has ever encountered him (that was evil) and done so without questioning. And the thing is that to take over Arthas, The Lich King did indeed manipulate him, and made him pick up the sword so he could take his spirit....

kamikz
Link also has an ability called "reflect spells" (Link's adventure) which turn the spells cast back on the enemies themselfes. He also has the flute, which kills most monsters he encounters, just by playing it...

Burning thought
Link also has an ability called "reflect spells" (Link's adventure) which turn the spells cast back on the enemies themselfes. He also has the flute, which kills most monsters he encounters, just by playing it...

dude the lich king isnt a monster, i doubt the flute will affect something more powerful than a god anyway rolling on floor laughing , also theres nothing to say he cannot enslave the mind of link, no proof link can resist it what so ever, also most are undead because he killed them first so he doesnt have to kill them later, theres nothing there saying he took a long time to control them creatures anyway, laughing surely you dont think he manipulated Wendigo and trolls, besides ive seen a lot of things link has had to fight and just as Backfire said they are worthless compared to the LichKing

kamikz
dude the lich king isnt a monster, i doubt the flute will affect something more powerful than a god anyway rolling on floor laughing , also theres nothing to say he cannot enslave the mind of link, no proof link can resist it what so ever, also most are undead because he killed them first so he doesnt have to kill them later, theres nothing there saying he took a long time to control them creatures anyway, laughing surely you dont think he manipulated Wendigo and trolls, besides ive seen a lot of things link has had to fight and just as Backfire said they are worthless compared to the LichKing

And there is nothing to suggest that he won't die beacuse he is "godlike". Link has the triforce of courage, which was the power of a god, still, you don't say he is immune to mind control...
You saying that I have no proof that he cannot resist mind control, but there is no chance that Link can kill him with stuff that killed others because the Lich King is the Lich King, is lame, you have to provide proof yourself, not just, "he is godlike"....

The Lich King is indeed a monster. An orc/demon. And the meaning monster can be anything, (it is most likley ment for evil). I remember Solidus calling Raiden a monster in MGS 2.....

The creatures should be easiley taken over because they cannot think for themselves. The dwarves however, he never managed to take over, even though they were trapped there for a long, long time, and proved a threat to Arthas... And he did not capture Illidan and his forces when he was combined with Arthas either, he would get domination over 2 new races and many powerful entinities, still he didn't.... Mabey because they are to resistant and willingly to fight for their cause, and I have never seen anyone more willing than Link.....

There is nothing to say that his reflect spell magic doesen't work, and their is nothing to suggest that his power is instant, more than it will work instantly on any "smart" being....

Edit: And I seem to remember the quote, "The Lich King is defensless without his army"...

Burning thought
And there is nothing to suggest that he won't die beacuse he is "godlike". Link has the triforce of courage, which was the power of a god, still, you don't say he is immune to mind control...
You saying that I have no proof that he cannot resist mind control, but there is no chance that Link can kill him with stuff that killed others because the Lich King is the Lich King, is lame, you have to provide proof yourself, not just, "he is godlike"....

The Lich King is indeed a monster. An orc/demon. And the meaning monster can be anything, (it is most likley ment for evil). I remember Solidus calling Raiden a monster in MGS 2.....

The creatures should be easiley taken over because they cannot think for themselves. The dwarves however, he never managed to take over, even though they were trapped there for a long, long time, and proved a threat to Arthas... And he did not capture Illidan and his forces when he was combined with Arthas either, he would get domination over 2 new races and many powerful entinities, still he didn't.... Mabey because they are to resistant and willingly to fight for their cause, and I have never seen anyone more willing than Link.....

There is nothing to say that his reflect spell magic doesen't work, and their is nothing to suggest that his power is instant, more than it will work instantly on any "smart" being....

Edit: And I seem to remember the quote, "The Lich King is defensless without his army"...

he didnt take over the Dwarves becasue they were not a theat, nor did he need them, also i dont think he cared of illidan and the other races, they were fleeing before his might, i doubt he would want cowards and weaklings, also the lich King knew Arthas could easily take the dwarves himself, with the strength of the Scourge armies i doubt some dwarves would prevail. What dwarves are we talking about anyway, Muradin Bronzebeard who met the Paladin Arthas or the Dwarves near the Cave that was a shortcut to the frozen throne, if your thinking of the ones in the cave, its at the time the Lich King was greatly weakened and so would not have any power to do so, he gave al ot of his power to keep Arthas under complete control, if your thinking of Muradin and the dwarves hiding in Northrend, he would have no need for them at the time since he knew they could never pose a true threat.

Besides Link is doubtful to defeat the God Ragnaros and perhaps not Onyxia, and Link would certainly fall before Nefarian. The Lich King is far more powerful than any of those

heres how i think the battle will go, lets say Link is some how resistant to mind control, i say the Lich King would smash him with his sword and send him to the ground tumbling with such a hit, if link grows to giant size then the Lich King wil have to defend with his sword and try to cut Links fingers or hand when it comes down to strike. ofcourse since the Lich King has never been seen to fight since it is the end of the story when Arthas puts on the Helmet theres no knowing what magic spells he can cast, he could probably blast Link to pieces with a simple spell

finally if the Lich King just stands there and link fires his light arrows and smashes at him with the sword for several hours without the King doing anything and Link actually manages to destroy Arthas, the Soul of the Lich King would simply blast into Link and make link wear the helmet and breatplate making the Lichking as powerful as himself adn Link combined

kamikz
he didnt take over the Dwarves becasue they were not a theat, nor did he need them, also i dont think he cared of illidan and the other races, they were fleeing before his might, i doubt he would want cowards and weaklings, also the lich King knew Arthas could easily take the dwarves himself, with the strength of the Scourge armies i doubt some dwarves would prevail. What dwarves are we talking about anyway, Muradin Bronzebeard who met the Paladin Arthas or the Dwarves near the Cave that was a shortcut to the frozen throne, if your thinking of the ones in the cave, its at the time the Lich King was greatly weakened and so would not have any power to do so, he gave al ot of his power to keep Arthas under complete control, if your thinking of Muradin and the dwarves hiding in Northrend, he would have no need for them at the time since he knew they could never pose a true threat.

Besides Link is doubtful to defeat the God Ragnaros and perhaps not Onyxia, and Link would certainly fall before Nefarian. The Lich King is far more powerful than any of those

heres how i think the battle will go, lets say Link is some how resistant to mind control, i say the Lich King would smash him with his sword and send him to the ground tumbling with such a hit, if link grows to giant size then the Lich King wil have to defend with his sword and try to cut Links fingers or hand when it comes down to strike. ofcourse since the Lich King has never been seen to fight since it is the end of the story when Arthas puts on the Helmet theres no knowing what magic spells he can cast, he could probably blast Link to pieces with a simple spell

finally if the Lich King just stands there and link fires his light arrows and smashes at him with the sword for several hours without the King doing anything and Link actually manages to destroy Arthas, the Soul of the Lich King would simply blast into Link and make link wear the helmet and breatplate making the Lichking as powerful as himself adn Link combined

The dwarves in the cave are the same dwarves that came with Muradin, and they fought the Lich King's forces. And the Lich King barley got Arthas their in time to save himself, 1 second longer and Illidan would have ran up there before Arthas. He would let someone slow him down....
And the scourge where much weaker than the blood elves and Naga... They all had powerful magics and lived in different terrain that would elsewhere be hard for the scourge to reach, they would prove powerful to his cause....

See, there you go with the assumptions again. Could "probably" defeat him, without backing it up... Link has defeated Dragons and far worse then dragons before....

So when Illidan came to kill him (which he was afraid of) he would take Illidans soul and live inside him? Hmm, wonder why he was so scared....
If Link turned invisible I wonder how he would see him. Link can also turn invInsible, and then grow to giant size, then just smack the hell out of the Lich King. So he would indeed only be able to stand there... He also has many, many bottles of fairys which would revive him....
The six sages could trap him in the sacred realm, game set and match...

kamikz
Ok no one seems to agree with the other, shall we just lay down this debate?

Burning thought
the Lich King wasnt scared, i think he just wanted Arthas to wear the helm and breastplate, and be included with the great sword, if illidan had taken the helm and breastplate and got taken over then the Lich King probably wouldnt have use of the Sword, then again he could just pick it off of Arthas's body, Ofc Arthas was stronger and faster than illidan in the cinematic and so the Lich King probably wanted the stronger body to live in.

also Link couldnt defeat the Dragon Nefarien, ur probably gonna hate this but he also mind controls, and the proof is in the game World of Warcrat, he does it to players, he could simply mind control Link and make him kill himself, if Nefarien has such power and he doesnt have such a great mind as the Lich king then i doubt the Lich King would have much trouble

The problem with fights against the Lich King is, is that all people can do is presume since no one has ever seen him fight, but considering he is rated as one of the most powerful entities ever to live on Azeroth then its undoubtful that he has enough power to kill link regardless of links abilites

i guess ur right, we should stop this discussion until at least Blizzard have added him to the game and then we can see how strong he really is

kamikz
Well the priests in WoW also has a mindcontrol ability, so I guess they could kill almost everyone too.... But the thing is that the control does not last forever, and if Link turns himself invinsible, they cannot kill him in that time. And I still doubt they can convert him, especially since he can turn their spells against themselfs and since the six sages can trap the Lich King in the sacred realm before he could do anything....

Yes he wanted a stronger body, but he still fear that he would kill him, after all, he was sent by his demon master....

I don't think so. Link has proven to defeat any, and I mean any threat he has ever encountered, even outside of Hyrule. He is "made" to kill evil, and reborn every 100 year or whatever it is to do it. He is the Hero of time and carrier of "godlike powers" (Yes that's true, not making up). I don't think the Lich King can break himself loose from the six sages, I don't think he can punch through invincibility or see invisibility "because he is he lich king" and I don't think he can stand against the power of light which Link contains...

Ok lol just wanted to say that. So we agree to disagree.....leaving thread.

(Nice to debate with ya)

Tallis
I think we're forgetting one MAJOR clue as to how the Lich Kings mind control, can effect people.

The Forsaken. A race of undead themselves who the Lich King can't take control of anymore. If the New Lich King Arthas can't defeat their minds, whats to say he can beat Links

Burning thought
Originally posted by Tallis
I think we're forgetting one MAJOR clue as to how the Lich Kings mind control, can effect people.

The Forsaken. A race of undead themselves who the Lich King can't take control of anymore. If the New Lich King Arthas can't defeat their minds, whats to say he can beat Links

Sylvanus takes away the lich Kings curse making them immune to him, Link doesnt have that curse, also ive just realise that if the Lich King supposedly isnt immune to the Sages trapping him (i think he could stop it somehow but i cannot prove it) then they can just trap him away, which isnt fair, it says only Link vs the Lich king on the forum, no Sages joining in

kamikz
I won't debate here anymore since there is not really any more debating to do (nothing accomplished in it) but read the first page, it includes the six sages...

And the Lich King lost his power, thus Sylvanas got freed, but how did she later get "immune" to it?

MadMel
who cares how she got immune, its not as if link is gonna turn himself undead the find out the secret...but yeah..the lich king will definatly win...it takes a good 40 powerful people to take down dragons like Nefarien, and the lich king is definatly above those in power..

Burning thought
i bet by the time the Lich king is added to the game the level cap will be like 80-100 and they will be full equiped with Legendaries and Artifact items to defeat the lich King, prob need about 60-80 people to beat him if peoples connections and internet can hold that many people on screen

and yes the Lich King will win without much trouble at all, first off he will simply blast link with magic or slash him with his sword once to make him be thrown to the floor dead with magic energy blasting through his body, then he will resist the sages foolish attempt of trapping him, and with his mind power look into theirs, and find out where they are, then slaughtering them all witohut mercy, he will free Ganon and together they will create a gigantic army to rule the universe

Eventually the Lich King will be tired of Ganon and will have him Frozen in an icy casque much like the frozen throne and have him buried miles beneath the Earth , the scourge will tear Ganons armies to pieces and the bodies will be raised to increase the undead scourge once more making the Lich King almost undefeatable

quite a good story if i dont say so myself, should make a game of it rolling on floor laughing

MadMel
laughing out loud

Kaithen
You just say lich king is powerful... Link is not weak, he got great powers. I mean all his maskes, makes him to a giant. He can be invisible and lich king would not be able to find him. What can he do when he cant see link. Answer my question before you get onto the childish stuff....

Tallis
Thats true and while he's invisible Link could nail him with a Light Arrow

Kaithen
Yes and while wearing four sword there is four of him wink
and how many bottles do you think he got big grin

Burning thought
First off although i cannot prove it, but i think a lord of the undead will not be fooled, i think if he can see all across an entire world and he has a brain 10 thousand times the size of one of links sages with powers to look into minds and control hundreds of thousands of undead i doubt Links little invisiblity trick is going to save him, also send me a Link to the proof that Link can cut through the Lich King in the first place, he wears full heavey plate mail which few things could penetrate anyway, also he wears his own enchanted Helm and breastplate which although i cannot prove it, is bound to be invincible, how can Links puny swords slash through, their not light sabers. Also stop saying all the Giant crap, size isnt everything, two small orcs defeated the giant demon Mannoroth, Super man is only anbout 6-7ft tall and he carries meteors, with all his great strength and power i doubt Links size will make him an equal to the Lich Kings strength

Kaithen
Archimond couldnt see invisible. One of the sage is the wisest in hyrule. A smart person wouldnt want to take over azeroth :P. The master sword is made to defeat darkness. The light arrows can are made to defeat darkness. And he can cut through the... chest nut... no what are they called? those with big armor.

Burning thought
thats bullsh@t for a start, "a smart person wouldnt want to take over Azeroth" what rubbish, hes the smartest being in Azeroth, thats why hes basically the King of Azeroth now, as i said, Mind control, Link will stab himself with his own sword, and his light arrows will go straight through himself

Kaithen
No!!! THERE ISNT A MIND CONTROLL, YOU CANT PROVE IT.
The sage is the smartest person in hyrule....

Kaithen
The sages could seal gannondorf, im sure they can seal lich king.

Kaithen
Listen, because he has a large brain doesen't mean he can detect invisibility. A dog is not very smart and does not have a high IQ, Einstine or many others in mankind who have had almost over 200 in IQ, about 20 times a dog or more, is still worse than a dog at detecting things that cannot be seen with the naked eye.... Archimond (who the Lich King served under) could not see invisibility....

Burning thought
No!!! THERE ISNT A MIND CONTROLL, YOU CANT PROVE IT.
The sage is the smartest person in hyrule....

WTF where did that rubbish come from, you oviously know nothing of the lich king or Warcraft, how else could he enslave the minds of millions of undead and control them, and in his early weak new stages he controlled an enormous army, enslaved their minds from the inside of the frozen throne, he reached out and touched their minds controlling them, READ THE STORY ON THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT OFFICIAL SITE FFS!!!

Burning thought
The sages could seal gannondorf, im sure they can seal lich king.

Ganondorf is not an omnipotent Godlike enttity with unfathonable power and almsot limitless psychic powers

which means just becasue they can seal him, doesnt mean they can seal the Lich King, also he needs to be weakened first before they can seal anyone

kamikz
First, there is no proof about the weakening stuff. Zelda could call the six sages at will, but she never got time. (She was either captured in that crystal, behind a fire wall, or she thought Ganon was dead. Then when Link struck him down, she came forth and called them...
Ganondorf also singelhandedly hunted down and captured the six sages, he pretty much knows all about them and what they are. He has also been taught by the Twin Rowas (witches that are very old and knows pretty much anything about Hyrule) and has studied alot by himself. He planned for a long time how he would take Hyrule. So there is the possibility that he knew their power and had to be weakened to be captured, but there is no chance that the Lich King knows anything about them, not a chance....

Second, just because he is described like a god doesen't mean he is necessarily immune to something he has never experienced (six sages). Link has defeated someone who defeated a god, and that god helped to create the world and could forfill any wish, which is more powerfull than the Lich King has showed to do, still you don't think there is the slightest possibility that Link could resist the mind controll. But on most other posts you answere like this. "I bet the Lich King could punch right through Link's invinsibility because he is described to be like a god or even more powerful. And I bet he can see him when he is invisible too because he has unfathomable power...."

And Ganondorf is indeed godlike, cannot be killed by anything but the master sword. Even the light arrows, which are made to destroy evil, everything you shoot at in WW disappears in a stream of light, yet not even that took on him, it just stunned him. And even when Link used the master sword it was only enough to weaken him. (Though after a long duel anyone could have won, but he was taken by the six sages).

And you have yet to answere all the other things, like invisibility, invinsibility, six sages and foremost, his mind controlling abilities which you still have no proof that they will work instantly or on Link.....And explain why instead of saying "I think it will work cause the Lich King is like a god and has very strong powers"

Though I have to agree with you, The Lich King is awefully smart and a master manipulator. He is not dumb because he tries to take Azeroth, that would make Sidious dumb because he tried to take the galaxy. If he has the means to do it and he is evil, then why not?

Gotta sleep now, bye.

Burning thought
your assuming also however, although i have no proof of the lich Kings power, you have no knowledge of his weaknesses, like all Lich King vs posts this one is ridiculous and foolish, especially when you have to worm your way around all facts unless they actually say clearly "the lich king can mind control anything" you are not satisfied, all knowledge of the lich king is from story line, shame he is not really in the game atm but in the future they will add him to World of Warcraft, honestly though i still belive he will pwn Link, although i have no proof neither do you have proof that ANY attacks on the Lich king will be successful considering he has never Fought or been Fought in the stroyline or game, so this thread is basically usless IMO, no offence to the maker OFc, also it would be easier if there were more people standing in the forum to talk on the Lich Kings side, yet it seems Madmel and a lot of other Warcraft fans have left me all alone sad

i refuse to post any more here on the battle until the Lich King is shown in his full glory and power in the game

Kaithen
Oh please, just refuse to make any post in here, because your mind controll thing, his immortal. That he can see invisible.

And no! the mind controll isnt there, he hadnt controll over arthas before he even drove the sword. If he could do mind controll, why didnt he do it on the dwarfes that were fighting his armies?

And i can tell you that i know stuff about lich king. You just think and playing with words coming from your fantasy world. You dont know how strong Link is. Did you ever play Zelda or read on of our post?

The master sword is made to destroy darkness, like the light arrows. They could cut through gannondorf. Gannondorf is a gerudo. He is very wise and have good fight skills. In the game, link helped the sages to seal gannondorf or gannon as his ultimate form. Gannon is a big monster that would slash the most persons. And do you know who sealed him? Link and the 6 sages. And why would arthas be immortal? archimond who was his master is not immortal. Kiljaden that is archimonds master is not immortal.

And if you refuse to post here any more i dont want to see you anymore to becuase sometimes you have to listen to the facts and not your fantasy. Because there really is facts. The facts shows that he isnt immortal. They can prove it. You just say he can pwn Link, but say why?

Link got bottles from every game. He could use the bottles to heal himself + his magic. If link starts with grandmas potion in every bottle, he can use it to refill his magic and his hearts. Link could walk invisible, use naryus love when he wants. I would say (not sure) that the sages could refill his hearts and magics to. And......... Link could use ice and fire arrows that would chill that freak down.

Wow, my longest thread!

Burning thought
read the WoW stroy line on the WoW official site you moron, it says clear in real writing that he is immortal, read the whole story if you actually want to learn something about warcraft stick out tongue

theres a link to it, chapter 4, tell you about his near limitless power, and chapter 5 tell you he is immortal, here are the exact words

"Currently Arthas, the new and immortal Lich King, resides in Northrend; he is rumored to be rebuilding the citadel of Icecrown."

that is a extract from chapter 5 from the OFFICIAL STORY on the WoW site made by the creators, it is not a fan site, so immortality proven

Also since this battle is driven by acts that you see in Links games then this is an unfair thread since the Lich King is at the End of the frozen throne and we never see him do anything after that wheras link has over like 4 games for you to get his acts from so theres no point in me trying to discuss something like this, nobody knows enough about the lich King to say wether things or not will affect him, end of story and goodluck smile

Tallis
read the WoW stroy line on the WoW official site you moron, it says clear in real writing that he is immortal, read the whole story if you actually want to learn something about warcraft stick out tongue

theres a link to it, chapter 4, tell you about his near limitless power, and chapter 5 tell you he is immortal, here are the exact words

"Currently Arthas, the new and immortal Lich King, resides in Northrend; he is rumored to be rebuilding the citadel of Icecrown."

that is a extract from chapter 5 from the OFFICIAL STORY on the WoW site made by the creators, it is not a fan site, so immortality proven

Also since this battle is driven by acts that you see in Links games then this is an unfair thread since the Lich King is at the End of the frozen throne and we never see him do anything after that wheras link has over like 4 games for you to get his acts from so theres no point in me trying to discuss something like this, nobody knows enough about the lich King to say wether things or not will affect him, end of story and goodluck smile

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!

Arthas might be immortal in the sence that he can't die of age, BUT he CAN die!!!.

READ THE STORY AGAIN it said that Archimonde was immortal BUT He DIED!!!!!!! So he is not unkillable

Kaithen
Thank you

kamikz
your assuming also however, although i have no proof of the lich Kings power, you have no knowledge of his weaknesses, like all Lich King vs posts this one is ridiculous and foolish, especially when you have to worm your way around all facts unless they actually say clearly "the lich king can mind control anything" you are not satisfied, all knowledge of the lich king is from story line, shame he is not really in the game atm but in the future they will add him to World of Warcraft, honestly though i still belive he will pwn Link, although i have no proof neither do you have proof that ANY attacks on the Lich king will be successful considering he has never Fought or been Fought in the stroyline or game, so this thread is basically usless IMO, no offence to the maker OFc, also it would be easier if there were more people standing in the forum to talk on the Lich Kings side, yet it seems Madmel and a lot of other Warcraft fans have left me all alone sad

i refuse to post any more here on the battle until the Lich King is shown in his full glory and power in the game

Lol, so I am assuming that he has a weakness against something that is totally able to defeat evil persons, and the Lich King is really evil. Wow, I am really assuming things...... You don't even got proof of his strenghts and you keep persisting on him winning. I could say you don't know if anything will take anything on Link....at least I have full information on him.....

So that is what you go on. "In the future, I belive he can pwn Link....". You are assuming as hell, and today is not tomorrow, we will have to wait. If that is what you are going to go on then you might as well put it in you're pipe and smoke it, cause you have to wait for that information. I have not yet brought up anything that will happen in Twilight Princess....

Yeah we should all go away from here. I don't say this to be rude, I say this because you lack information. And you can't tell me that I don't know if the attacks bite on him, cause that's just completly illogical, "if someone have not seen to fight then he might be unkillable", and his strenghts have not been proven yet. So we should stop posting here, and mabey revive it in the future or do another one.....

Burning thought
Immortal in Warcraft means they cannot die under normal means, Archimonde is undefeatable under usual cercumstances, hey if he was in this match he would porbably tear down all these gauntlet people

anyway Archimonde could only be killed by letting forth the power of the well of eternity which has UNLIMITED magic power, he channeled it through hundreds of wisps which all exploded on him which drained his magic power as well as blasted him with the power of the well

It is unknown how to kill Arthas as i said to Kamikz, NOBODY apart from maby Blizzard know of the Lich Kings power, and will not reveal it until he is made into the World of warcraft game, so lets just let this thread die until he is made, then we can revive it

it will probably take some sort of army to weaken him then they will probably seal him off the planet sort of like what the sages did to Ganondorf

kamikz
I have explained the weakening thing before.....

How do you know it means that? And it was many ancient magics that attacked him yes, but what says it was the "only" thing that could kill him? If he coulden't be killed, he could just walk into that world alone and tear them apart. As he said himself, "If I knew it would be this easy we would have attacked hundreds of years ago"....

And you still cannot go on that.... The Lich King, as Archimond, Sargeras and Gul'Dan before him has been able to die, and could apparently not handle themselves without an army. And just because not much in the warcraft world can kill them (if it really is this way...) there is still no proof that Link's sword, the evil's bane, can not kill him. It is made to destroy all evil, and last time I checked, the lich King is evil. So saying he cannot die by that is an ever bigger assumption. They have not mentioned anything about, "he cannot die until we say he can" so this is what we can go on for now.

Fine, no one needs to reply to this, there is no mening in the thread anymore. Let it die...

Burning thought
stabs thread, the thread bleeds and die's dramatically

1021kid
then you stab it again and again and again

BlackMageSamura
Go Link

Tassadar
Link wins one easily, has trouble on two, loses 3 slightly, and gets crushed easily at 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.