the Best comic book cartoon of the 1990's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
What do you think was the best comic book cartoon of the 1990's

Batman The animated series ( BTAS)
XMen the animated series (XTAS)
Spiderman
Superman the animated series(STAS)
Fantastic Four
Silver Surfer
HUlk
Ironman

my favorite is BTAS nothing can top the greatness of that show. smile

inamilist
silver surfer by a long shot

King_Mungi
Originally posted by inamilist
silver surfer by a long shot

I liked that show, really didn't last long though.

willRules
SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

inamilist
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I liked that show, really didn't last long though.

thank god for the internet wink

FG725
I didnt ever see the silver surfer one i remember watching the spidey cartoon alot though X-men as well and Batman those were my favorite ones. But I think i'd have to go wit Spider-man spiderman radioactive spiderman spins a web any size!

dman2008
Oh come on people I can't beleive i'm the only one who has voted for Batman tthat show was amazing.

nathan summers
It's between Batman and X-Men. Batman had a lot more depth in his stories and darkness than any other toon. X-Men, well, was THE X-MEN. This discussion is mute anyway. Because in truth, ratings wise, it was X-Men.

Xirius
Originally posted by dman2008
Oh come on people I can't beleive i'm the only one who has voted for Batman tthat show was amazing.

I voted for Batman too.

dman2008
Originally posted by Xirius
I voted for Batman too.

thumbup1

King_Mungi
Originally posted by inamilist
thank god for the internet wink

I was angry how they ended it, I wanted more.

steverules
So did I! And they just took it away.

King_Mungi
Anyone remember the Avengers cartoon? Yesh!

samishe
Spider-man.

TheKahn
As much as I hate to pick, I would rank Batman #1, with Spiderman at #2 and X-Men at #3. Batman seems to me to hold up better over time. As much as I liked the X-Men shows when I was younger, some are kind of hard to enjoy now when I see them on reruns. sad

Knightfall93
Batman TAS was fantastic... and dark in many ways. Anyoe seen the fanastic Laughing Fish episodde?

Thunderstrike
Spider-Man was awesome. I liked Fantastic Four as well.

Knightfall93
I never saw F4... what was it like?

dman2008
You there was a BTAS episode that won an emmy

Knightfall93
Really? Which 1?

nathan summers
I wasn't fond of Spider-Man. While some of the stories were good, I found the art to be pitiful in comparison to Fantastic Four ( second season ), X-Men, Batman, Superman etc. It just didn't grab me. Batman was definitely #1 when it came to overall stories. They had more depth than just about any animated series. DC's animated series since then have, for the most part, been decent.

Knightfall93
Ja, mon...,. decent except for THE batmna!

Black Adam
BATMAN IS TEH BESTEST ANIMATED SHOW EVER!!!!

ehem....

From favorite to least favorite
Batman
Superman
X-men
Fantastic Four
Hulk
Ironman
Spider-man(Liked it as a kid and was what got me to like spider-man in the first place but looking back on it and watching some the reruns It really hasn't aged well)
Avengers(WTF were they thinking?)

roughrider
It's Batman.
The Silver Surfer series was awesome, but short-lived.

nathan summers
The Batman is crap and so is Teen Titans. To me anyway. I don't dig the anime style they're using to popularize the characters to this generation. If it isn't Pokeman or Yugly-o then they don't seem to respond.

Thunderstrike
Yes it was. The Beta Ray episode was my fave. That, and the fact they portrayed Thanos so well.

jumpmann
Batman was the epic animated series of the 90's. I loved Spiderman and Xmen, but each went downhill after they hit a peek and have not aged as well as Batman, which was (one?) of the first and best of the 90 comic book cartoons.

JLU already this decade in the bag too.

So yeah, all bow to Bruce Tim.

dman2008
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Really? Which 1?

Two actually

Heart of Ice

and Robin's Reckoning part 1

Validus
Batman

Most of the others didn't hold up well over time.

manjaro
batman and the xmen have thier place as top tiers, but FF was feraking awesome to me...tooo bad it only lasted one season, but 26 episodes is still cool tho, the avenngers werent bad either

nathan summers
Marvel just hasn't done as well as DC has when it comes to a cartoon series that really captures my attention. Yes, some were great but how long did they last? Silver Surfer was amazing but I didn't like the CGI element they attempted to blend in. The stories were superior but the animation didn't seem solid to me. Batman, Superman, Justice League ( Unlimited ). While they didn't adhere strictly to continuity of the comics they still resonated that same feeling. X-Men was good, sure. But when you look back at some of the dialogue it just isn't as witty and sarcastic as the stuff you get from Batman or JLU. I hope Marvel can step up. It seems that DC's been a lot more gritty and creative with their shows.

manjaro
oh and iron man and hulk was up there too...BTW you think any of these episodes would be on a p2p like shareaza?

nathan summers
The Avengers animated series...was weak. They could have done a lot better. ( Ultimate Avengers anyone? )

Thunderstrike
Dude, Iron Man was amazing.

Tron
Batman TAS set the standard for most cartoons after it came out, and also paved the way for JLU over a decade later.

Thunderstrike
Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Silver Surfer were ahead of their times, to be honest. They were the only series from Marvel that dealt with death.

jgiant
batman was the best...very deep, and was the first of its kind...i love hulk, therefore loved the series, they could have done such a better job tho, some episodes were soo disapointing...spiderman was awesome, close to bats, but not as good...x-men was cool too, some episodes better than others, i would place this below spiderman not too far behind tho...surfer was really cool, galactus looked great, i onlly saw like two or three episodes tho...iron man was good, only one i liked were the one were he fought hulk and fing fang foom or the manderin...ff was better than iron man, almost as good as x-men, i found myself watching it a lot and enjoying it alot and then it wasn't on anymore, again i like the episode were hulk almost killed ben...ohh and superman was good, i liked the darkside episodes as well as lobo...i really wish all these shows were on one channel all day long...i would buy it in a hearbeat..ahh.memories...

King_Mungi
The Fantastic Four was so close to what it was actually in the comics. The second series started out differently but since people complained they followed the same path as the first series did and followed the comics closely.

manjaro
Batman TAS and Superman are on everynight on Boomerang Network...Spiderman completely sucked ass to me. even tho they pretty much pioneered cgi in that series, but i felt like stan lee himslef wrote it...with all that 70's style dialog...thier were some cool episodes like secret wars, and a few xmen crossovers,

but over all the stories werent worth following....oh and the fact that he figured out every mystery en route annoyed the shit outta me, and the fact that they re-used the same cells over and over..meaning you'll see ppl running and screaming from somebody like doc ock or venom, then a few secs later they re cut it and you see the same ppl running and screaming again...uugghhh that just irritated me.

Lucid Lui
I only saw a few eps of Silver Surfer, but i thought that was great.

Knightfall93
I've got to watch more Boomerang if it has BTAS...

manjaro
everynight of the week at midnight

Mindship
Though I am not a batfan, Batman was the ground-breaker, bringing style, maturity and literary story-telling to the cartoon genre. The others followed suite, if not always as well.

smiley8
Im a Batfan so i would say BTAS fot the 90's......but there was just something bout Xmen that was great. it was like a drama but in cartoon form and i just had to wake up on saturday mornings to watch it on Live and Kicking on BBC1. Anyone remember that show?

grey fox
The Timmverse trumps anything. Oh and why isn't the Spawn animated series here, that was bad-ass.....

Thunderstrike
Spawn was amazing. I have it on dvd! big grin

They got the perfect voicing cast out of any of them, though I think Iron Man and F4 were right after it.

Scarecrow756
Batman by a long shot.

Wally West
Spider-Man was my favourite.

Etrigan
Although I'm surprised Superman didn't get any votes, the BTAS pwns all.

NWO
Spiderman By Far

Thunderstrike
Spider-Man was good because they portrayed his character well, but they didn't get his strength right. They made it seem like Captain America and Black Cat were stronger. erm

Next Venom_girl
Spider-man 90s animated series. Followed closely by the Batman animated series.

mike059jig
batman hands down spider man, then x-men..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.