My WoW charecter dissapeared!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
Last night I got off World of warcraft because my dad wanted the computer and when i logged back on my character was GONE. My dad didnt delete it cause hes not a complete *****. Is there any reason a character would just straight up disappear? I cant logg back in now because they are doing a patch so I dont know if shes back and it was just a bug or what...

The Highlord
M8 you've been hacked!!!

Ronny
blink was not hacked.

If I were they would have gone for a more important charecter, theres one server with about 3 60s a 49 and a couple under 20 that my dad plays. The server I'm playing on only has one charecter and its lvl 8.

The Highlord
I was just kidding, well maybe the server your char is on is like down, it happens from time to time

Ronny
Oh stick out tongue okay.

So, when the server comes back up is it possible she would be there?

The Highlord
yup

Ronny
Good. I'd have to open a can of whoopass on some ***** if I couldnt get it back sad

The Highlord
I almust did that to a Gamemaster once I got disconnected like 1min before we won a alterac valley game that had alsted hours teehee

Ronny
Well LDing isnt the GMs fault its normally your internet connection stick out tongue Still , that sucks

BackFire
So a lvl 8 got deleted?

Not a big deal, really. You can get to level 8 in like 45 minutes.

Ronny
I know, its not the whole level thing though, its just I cant be assed to restart the same charecter for the third time erm

well I can. But the time issue as in I dont have alot of it.

BackFire
I doubt it was deleted, probably just the server is down because of a patch. Happens a lot. Don't worry.

Ronny
I took that into consideration happy

I still cant log in though Unable to connect my ass disgust the game hates me

Koala MeatPie

Sounds like WoW has a lot of stability issues.

... Prophet says:

Guild Wars is extreamly stable, they update while you play, never loose a character, servers are ALWAYS up.

(eccept for that one time when some IDIOT reset all the prices on everything, servers where down for 5 hours tops.)

5 hours in Almost a year, sounds good to me.

DarkC
Originally posted by Ronny
I took that into consideration happy

I still cant log in though Unable to connect my ass disgust the game hates me
All of North America agrees with you for several hours. It should be working fine now. stick out tongue

BackFire
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

Sounds like WoW has a lot of stability issues.

... Prophet says:

Guild Wars is extreamly stable, they update while you play, never loose a character, servers are ALWAYS up.

(eccept for that one time when some IDIOT reset all the prices on everything, servers where down for 5 hours tops.)

5 hours in Almost a year, sounds good to me.

Unfortunately Guild Wars doesn't have the longevity that WoW does.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by BackFire
Unfortunately Guild Wars doesn't have the longevity that WoW does.

They keep updating the original GW with new quests and such, even with the expantion packs.

But ONe thing I would like, and see in WoW is the trade of armour, and much much more armour and weapon types.

Example: Rangers have 7 differnt types of bows.

Monks elemantalits and Necros have say, 5 staves and wands MAX. Together.

Lana
Seven types of bows? That's it?

See, I play RO (only MMO I play), and there's something like...10-20+ different types of weapons for each class (some have less than others, but most weapons also aren't restricted to a specific class), plus you can upgrade them and such by adding cards. Which pretty much makes it an infinite number of weapons you can use, depending on the card combos. Of course, some cards are complete rubbish, while others are excellent and everyone wants them, though that also depends on what your class is, your build, and all that fun stuff.

BackFire
They keep updating the original GW with new quests and such, even with the expantion packs.

But ONe thing I would like, and see in WoW is the trade of armour, and much much more armour and weapon types.

Example: Rangers have 7 differnt types of bows.

Monks elemantalits and Necros have say, 5 staves and wands MAX. Together.

Weapons/Armor don't really matter that much in Guild Wars, which is both good and bad.

WoW has one on one pvp as well, Guild Wars doesn't.

The Highlord
yeah 1 v 1 are the best, I have made some good horde freinds that way hehe, sometimes without knowing the person before, i like to watch the fight and find what looks to be the best fighter, and then find him on the field alone and often we go just for each othe after awhile, its really fun im mostly thinking of Alterac Valley here but sometimes in arathi aswell

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lana
Seven types of bows? That's it?

See, I play RO (only MMO I play), and there's something like...10-20+ different types of weapons for each class (some have less than others, but most weapons also aren't restricted to a specific class), plus you can upgrade them and such by adding cards. Which pretty much makes it an infinite number of weapons you can use, depending on the card combos. Of course, some cards are complete rubbish, while others are excellent and everyone wants them, though that also depends on what your class is, your build, and all that fun stuff.

You can upgrade the prefix and sufix of any weapon Eg: Bows: Bowstring and Bow Grip

Example: Fiery (string) HalfMoon Bow of Defence (Grip)

You can also dye the colour of any weapon, armour, and you can mix dyes. I think there are 256 different colour combinations. (mix of 2,3 and 4)

What is RO exactly?

Lana
Ragnarok Online.

Color doesn't actually effect it in any way other than superficial, though, right? stick out tongue I like messing with changing my character's colors in RO, for a while my Priestess had white hair and was wearing all black, that kinda amused me...

Also, with RO, if you use a weapon where you use arrows (bow, instrument, or whip...don't ask on the last two, just go with it), there's something like 30 different types of arrows; ones of various weight and strength, elemental ones, and ones that have a chance of casting certain status effects. I usually carry no less than 6 different types of arrows with me (regular ones, ones of each basic element, and Holy ones for when I'm hunting undead monsters).

Koala MeatPie
Hum, before I search that up, Monthly Fees?

Koala MeatPie
nvm....

I saw that already, My Friend has a hack so I can obtain an account without fees.

TheOne101
It was pretty funny how this went from an "omg i lost my wow character" to The desperation of Guild wars and how bad it sucks. All you did by posting your first comment Koala was yelling to everyone that guild wars is a dying mmo but you still love it. It was a good laugh though. smile oh and BTW wow has over 100 different ranged weapons, including guns bows and crossbows. Just thought I'd throw that in, Guild wars doesn;t compare to wow. Sorry but maybe the whole WoW in the name woulda been a hint that the convorsation was about, oh, i dont know, WoW?

Koala MeatPie
GW is a reletevly new game, Its "Free", I like it, maybe I would liek WoW better, bt I am NTO spending 15$ a month on that.

Plus, GW is not updated like WoW, every 6-9 months there is an expention pack, mroe classes, skills, weapons, double the size of the map.

GW might not be much right now compared to WoW, but, Eventually, in one or two years, GW will overpower WoW.

BackFire
Doubtful, Wow is dominated every other online RPG in the world, Guild Wars will enjoy a few boosts every now and then because of it's annual expansion pack releases, but people will stop playing because it doesn't have the longevity of WoW.

Koala MeatPie
Doubtful, Wow is dominated every other online RPG in the world, Guild Wars will enjoy a few boosts every now and then because of it's annual expansion pack releases, but people will stop playing because it doesn't have the longevity of WoW.

Define what you eman by longitivity, because GW has a good 150 hours of gameplay storyline, with an added 100 hours of gameplay every 6 months.

I don't know if WoW ahs this, but muhc like Runescape GW has Halloween, Christmas and Easter drops, you know, an added fun thing.

Allthought I do agree that there should be mroe things to do ounce you have finished the game, Because right now, all you can do to really finish off everything is Try and obtain Armour... Rare armour nobody has.

BackFire
Wow has far more items which will keep people coming back constantly, just when you get 'the best' items, they add a tons more and they take months to get. Plus, while WoW won't have an expansion every 6-8 months, they do have free patches that add/change stuff every 3 months or so. WoW also has a ton more dungeons and a deeper PVP system. Guild Wars wasn't made to be a game that one would play for a year straight, they don't make any more money from someone who buys the game and plays it for a year than they do from someone who buys the game and plays it for a week. They just want people to buy each new expansion.

While Guild Wars may take 150 hours to do everything and get your character totally decked out, it would take thousands of hours to do the same in WoW. There's just more content in WoW, as there should be, seeing as it's purpose is to keep people playing and paying for as long as possible.

Yeah, WoW has special holiday events/items as well.

Koala MeatPie
true, I should have forseen that.

apy per motn = get people as hooked as possible to get as much money as possible

Pay ounce = an ending.

Allthought I am intrested in seeing how factions will play out, becasue "You willw an what comes with factions", I'm really hopeing for better Weapons / a widder variety, beacuse thats what It really lacks.

Example: (from things that I know of)

D2, each weapon is unique, even if its the same.
You never find the same weapon twice.

Thats something I would hope for, for GW expenations, you can always find something better.

BackFire
Factions does look good, really. I might even buy it. New classes are always a plus, and the new large scale PVP battles look really neat.

Ushgarak
Whilst WoW probably has the better gameplay mechanics, I think Guild Wars is more of the way forwards, though. The game that will really 'crack' the MMO thing will, I suspect, have far more of a GW approach to payment.

WoW is only the biggest thing in the West (plus Korea), it should be remembered.

BackFire
Thing is, GW isn't a 'real' MMO. There isn't a persistant world, it's all instanced, out in the wilderness you won't run into other players, it would be nearly impossible to have a real MMO like WoW without a monthly payment. Unless they released a fully priced expansion every 3-4 months. Which in the end would end up costing the same as a monthly payment system.

WoW has already pretty much cracked the MMO boundries, there is no MMO that is equally popular across the entire glob. Lineage and Lineage 2 are huge in some Asian markets, but have a dying game here in the states and in other parts of the world. WoW, while not AS popular in other parts of the world, is still doing very well in all markets, maybe not number 1, but still going strong, from what I understand.

Koala MeatPie
You mentioned GW not be as deep with the PvP, As you might all kno, Factions has a VERY intensive PvP gameplay, seeing as how every aspect of the PvP effects the PvE (or player Vs Element)

It is a full out war.

The Results of the PvP bttles effects the "Front lines" Taking over cities, sadly, ounce Europe has control, as always, they will not let it go, ever...

Plus, It is True that Overall, GW with all its expentions ends up costing the same as Any Monthly fee, that is, if you chose to buy them.

Each expention released for GW is indpendant, thus, making sure each release is as massive as the previous one.

You can link the Games, as you all know, which has been discussed before, bla bla bla.

BackFire
Like I said, the new PVP content of Factions does look very promising. I love large scale PVP, and it's about time they add that into Guild Wars.

Now if only they'd add a one on one PVP option, even if it's just for fun, like the dueling in WoW, one of the best parts of WoW is getting into a battle one on one with someone else, and having nothing but your skill and knowledge to protect you.

Koala MeatPie
yeah, Mano a mano would be the best update for PvP, that and classic CTF, I just love CTF.

Lana
PvP is great fun, that's the main reason I'm determined to level my characters all the way on RO, so I can PvP without getting killed right away....and kick other people's asses as well happy

I've been thinking of getting both WoW (just can't afford the monthly fees right now) and GW, so we'll see over which I'll get, or if I ever do at all.

BackFire
Just get GW Lana, it's a fun fun game, especially for its price. Get WoW later when you can afford the 12 dollars a month.

Spartan005
*cough*15*cough*

BackFire
If you pay monthly it's 15, if you get one of the deals where you pay 3 or 6 months at once, it becomes 12 bucks a month.

Koala MeatPie
Plus thats in USD, still will end up as 100$ a month for me.

Ushgarak
I can't help thinking that MMO games are going as instanced as possible, BF.

Which is because the biggest flaw in MMOs has always been, basically, the other people.

Compare WoW to, say, the original Ultima Online. You can see that two of the recipes for WoWs success are:

1. You can barely change the game world
2. The scope for interaction with other people has been greatly reduced

Instanced dungeons and a game world that persists despite what some other idiots may do with it, or those without a conscience might want to inflict on others, have helped make WoW the success it is.

Look at the new D&D game- it is barely an MMO at all. Gather together five friends and go dungeon bashing. It may as well be hosted locally. This is the model people are looking at now. It probably works to Guild Wars' favour that you can't meet people out in the game world. A lot of the time, they just get in the way. Now there is a dedicated PvP solution for people who like that kind of thing (I don't), that hammers in GW even more.

Blizzard are better games makers. But I am knackered if I am paying monthly for WoW, really. Guild Wars is setting the pace for the market model. Expansion sets don't force commitment, they feel like more of an effort is being made, and the other MMOs all get (albeit less regular) expansion packs anyway that you have to pay for on top of subscriptions, so that is a cost which is avoided.

Mind you, in all honesty... I wouldn't really play any game like that at all. I like multiplay, but I am after a game that has an ending, which is why Baldur's Gate was my God (not the console version, before people wonder why I am touting a Gauntlet clone). The prospect of getting to a high level or getting a new Opulent Tunic of the Whale is something that I am fine with in single (or even multi) player Diablo, but it's not what I want from a community experience, complete with hyper-competitive Koreans and many, many people whose idea of success in life isn't the gaming experience but having a shinier suit of armour than the person next to them.

Which is why I play Uru, but I'm pretty lonely there.

Lana
What I like about RO is that the only thing you pay for -- assuming you don't hunt down a private server -- is the per month fee, you don't pay for the actual game or anything, or any updates or expansions...that's all free. Which is neat. The one thing I don't like about private servers with that game is that there are storylines and quests and such -- but usually they get stripped out for sake of ease in the private servers. Which kinda sucks.

And hey, I'm playing Uru now! AND am starting to get the hang of it!

InnerRise
Is Uru a game?

is it comprehensible.....

Lana
Yeah.

Ushgarak
It's a good one to ask the 'comprehensible?' question about.

Lana
Heh!

Yeah, I certainly agree with that....damn confusing game!

BackFire
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I can't help thinking that MMO games are going as instanced as possible, BF.

Which is because the biggest flaw in MMOs has always been, basically, the other people.

Compare WoW to, say, the original Ultima Online. You can see that two of the recipes for WoWs success are:

1. You can barely change the game world
2. The scope for interaction with other people has been greatly reduced

Instanced dungeons and a game world that persists despite what some other idiots may do with it, or those without a conscience might want to inflict on others, have helped make WoW the success it is.

Look at the new D&D game- it is barely an MMO at all. Gather together five friends and go dungeon bashing. It may as well be hosted locally. This is the model people are looking at now. It probably works to Guild Wars' favour that you can't meet people out in the game world. A lot of the time, they just get in the way. Now there is a dedicated PvP solution for people who like that kind of thing (I don't), that hammers in GW even more.

Blizzard are better games makers. But I am knackered if I am paying monthly for WoW, really. Guild Wars is setting the pace for the market model. Expansion sets don't force commitment, they feel like more of an effort is being made, and the other MMOs all get (albeit less regular) expansion packs anyway that you have to pay for on top of subscriptions, so that is a cost which is avoided.

Mind you, in all honesty... I wouldn't really play any game like that at all. I like multiplay, but I am after a game that has an ending, which is why Baldur's Gate was my God (not the console version, before people wonder why I am touting a Gauntlet clone). The prospect of getting to a high level or getting a new Opulent Tunic of the Whale is something that I am fine with in single (or even multi) player Diablo, but it's not what I want from a community experience, complete with hyper-competitive Koreans and many, many people whose idea of success in life isn't the gaming experience but having a shinier suit of armour than the person next to them.

Which is why I play Uru, but I'm pretty lonely there.

Sure, probably all MMOG that come out from here on out will have some instanced areas, but I don't think very many will go the route of GW and have a fully instanced world, if that happens, MMOG's will no longer exist, only quasi-MMOG, which is what Guild Wars is. They will no longer be massive, and they won't even necessarily be multiplayer anymore.

Oddly enough, one of the recipes you mention for WoW's success are also one of the biggest complaints long time players have. The fact that the world can't be changed, no matter what, makes everything you do feel trivial. You go kill the king of Ironforge, he respawns an hour later. You go take control of an alliance town when you're horde, after a while a million guards spawn that can't be killed and drive you out. It hurts the immersive part of the game, which is what games like this are supposed to rely on. Also it being more difficult to interact with people, I don't really see how that is. The only parts of the game that's instanced is dungeons, it's still very very easy to meet people anywhere else in the world. And knowing where the entrance to an instanced dungeon is makes it easier to interact with people, go stand outside of the shimmering doorway that is the entrance and you'll be able to find a group pretty easily, probably.

I'd say the recipes for Wow's success are it being by far the most approachable, 'noob' friendly, and accecable MMO game available. Also the quest system and the huge and incredibly detailed world help as well.

The new D&D game hasn't done particularly well, at least here in the states. I don't think people are too keen on paying a monthly fee for a completely instanced world. If you're going to have a game who's world is entirely instanced, it needs to be free of monthly payments, like GW. The thing that made Guild Wars so popular was simply that it allowed people who always complained about the monthly fee aspect of MMOG's, but wanted to play one, to play a fun, but somewhat watered down Multiplayer RPG. With some aspects of MMOG.

I really hope that not all MMOG's have a full instanced world in the future, I like having a seamless constant world that feels alive, and I don't mind paying a a few bucks a week for it. It makes for a better experience overall, I think, and is one of the most important aspects of the MMOG. Yeah, you'll run into assholes, but that's unavoidable. In Guildwars it's just as big a problem. In fact, I've run into more dipshits in Guild Wars and been forced to play with them during my fairly short amount of play time with that game, than I have in my 2 years of playing WoW.

The big problem with Guild Wars is that later on everything requires a group, there is no solo play. All PVP requires a group, and if you don't have a static group, you're put into one randomly, and you can imagine how often some dumbass gets into your group who's there to just annoy his teammates for his own amusement. WoW avoids this by allowing complete solo play during almost any portion of the game. You can level to the level cap without every grouping once if you want to.

While you'll run into some dipshits in WoW, the world is so huge that they're very easy to avoid. There are a lot of areas of the world that are more or less empty, so if you want to go adventure by yourself, you can, and still be perfectly efficient and not get bothered. It's easy to avoid the Korean farmers, and you don't have to participate in the grind to get better gear if you don't want. There are other aspects of the game that don't require that.

Ushgarak
I absolutely agree that the trivial nature of WoW is a criticism. It does make it feel very lightweight. But it is part of what has made it successful, because having a world the players can affect means that players can dominate, and that can be harsh, and it was in the removal of all such harshness that the game is so noob-friendly.

That's why, even if they aren't much good, games like D&D are following that idea more and more. But yes, it IS a problem. There are no heroes in WoW. Just tons of identikit players who have all done exactly the same stuff. Not really my idea of a believable persistent world either.

The huge and detailed world is always going to count in Blizzard's favour. Quality stuff like that is what they do. I am sure it is the better game, generally. But the market model is not for me (nor, really, is that sort of gaming anyway).

The reduced scope for interaction, btw, is in adversly affecting other characters.

MadMel
i played uru for a while..but like u said ush..its pretty lonly sad.
and like u said lana said...its pretty damn confusing laughing out loud.

Ushgarak
Well, only relatively lonely. Now the funding has returned there are hundreds playing at any one time, which is more than enough to do the community bits, it's just not millions, is all.

It is MEANT to be confusing, of course; that's the plot...

SaTsuJiN
I can agree.. having rolled a paladin in wow and not really having much to do besides either waiting for a real paladin review or my friends to actually log on once in a blue moon.. all I do is pvp.. it gets boring with companies abusing the 'formula of success'... so I seriously hope arena.net succeeds.. because at least they give you your moneys worth

MadMel
Well, only relatively lonely. Now the funding has returned there are hundreds playing at any one time, which is more than enough to do the community bits, it's just not millions, is all.

It is MEANT to be confusing, of course; that's the plot...
i know that..ive played every single mist game...and havent beaten one without help...confusion is part of every plot

Lana
I played one of the Myst games a few years ago but this is the first one that I've really played and yeah, it's confusing as all heck, though I'm getting used to it.

Doesn't help though that there's days like today when the game keeps crashing and throwing me out....

MadMel
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Did you play the multiplayer version, MM?

MadMel
once or twice...after that....lamo..it wouldnt let me sad

Lana
My game seems to hate having more than one person in some of the ages, but yeah, I don't think I'd get anywhere in it if I were doing it single-player because wow does that game try my patience as it is.

Though killing cones is fun and a quick source of amusement big grin

MadMel
lol

Ushgarak
Just as a note- time has rendered me incorrect. In the last few months WoW has overcome its Eastern rivals and become the global most popular MMO.

MadMel
i thought as much...blizzard's too popular to be ignored all over the world

Koala MeatPie
What is it with the Korean Farmers in WoW?

BackFire
They're in every game.

Koala MeatPie
But why are they so Bad?

BackFire
Because they hog farming spots constantly, and they sell their gold for real money, screwing up the economy.

I've never had a problem with one in WoW, personally. I think their problem is a bit exaggerated.

Koala MeatPie
Because they hog farming spots constantly, and they sell their gold for real money, screwing up the economy.

I've never had a problem with one in WoW, personally. I think their problem is a bit exaggerated.

WTF.

I knew about People Selling Items Over eBay with D2... Never thought much of it For MMPOs...

You mean people ACTUALLY buy items Out of game?
How much do they go for?

Lana
That kind of stuff happens a lot in MMOs, I've noticed.

Really kind of silly.

BackFire
WTF.

I knew about People Selling Items Over eBay with D2... Never thought much of it For MMPOs...

You mean people ACTUALLY buy items Out of game?
How much do they go for?

They sell gold, not items. You can't transfer most items in WoW because they bind to your character as soon as you get them.

Ushgarak
It's actually something that's going to become a big issue as time goes by.

Once you can map the value of game world coinage to real world money, it can be theorised that taking money from someone in-game is theft.

Right now, that prospect is ludicrous, but the more that real life motivations start to occur in-game, the more likely such a prospect will become.

The solution right now, btw, is that when you signed your EULA you actually signed away everything your character owns to the company anyway. But I don't know if that will always hold as a defence.

There has already been one real life murder over in-game items- so are real world law suits that inconceivable over time? Stranger things have happened.

BackFire
A disturbing look into a grim future, that is. Does this mean there will be an MMOfia.

Lana
I'll certainly agree with that being quite disturbing.

Ushgarak
"Sue On-line", I like...

The reason no-one really considered it before is computer stuff is just so much ones and zeroes, which no-one ever applied value to.

But perceptions change. Money, after all, is just pretty paper. The only reason money has value is because people believe it does.

And in fact, that is the only value of any object in the world anywhere. It is worth as much as people are prepared to pay for it.

Game accounts now sell for hundreds of pounds or more, in-game items likewise.

Once enough people believe that in-game items have real value, then that value will be no different at all from that of a solid object.

Give it twenty years, and we'll have a new generation of lawyers, attorneys, and even judges, who have grown up with this kind of on-line thinking being the default.

-

Really, though, what this comes down to is that people are basically horrible. The real world is cruel and unfair. Computer games are meant to be an escape from reality, but the more you make multiplayer on-lone games that are designed to increase player interaction... the more they will simply become cruel and unfair as well.

I read an interesting article lately saying that multiplayer gaming might actually NOW be in its golden age. Why? Because, basically, every single thing about computer gaming can still be improved by designers- other than the people who play them. Humans themselves are not upgradable (well, not by the game designers anyway).

Perceptively, the article pointed out that the reason computer games were adopted in the first place is because it gave you something NON-human to play against, which hadn't really happened before. It seems odd for it to now come full circle.

People like to be competitive, hence the current boom, but the better computer AI gets, the less brilliant playing against thousands of on-line people with names like 'Trinityazz' yelling out "u sux haxor" in the middle of a fantasy game will seem.

It's not that multiplayer gaming online will die out, but the article thought that the idea that it will just keep growing and growing won't hold.

(Also I would hope it heralds better for co-operative gaming, which is my preference)

El_NINO
Originally posted by Ronny
Last night I got off World of warcraft because my dad wanted the computer and when i logged back on my character was GONE. My dad didnt delete it cause hes not a complete *****. Is there any reason a character would just straight up disappear? I cant logg back in now because they are doing a patch so I dont know if shes back and it was just a bug or what...

http://news.com.com/2061-10797_3-6064551.html

The news gets worse sad

Koala MeatPie
It's actually something that's going to become a big issue as time goes by.

Once you can map the value of game world coinage to real world money, it can be theorised that taking money from someone in-game is theft.

Right now, that prospect is ludicrous, but the more that real life motivations start to occur in-game, the more likely such a prospect will become.

The solution right now, btw, is that when you signed your EULA you actually signed away everything your character owns to the company anyway. But I don't know if that will always hold as a defence.

There has already been one real life murder over in-game items- so are real world law suits that inconceivable over time? Stranger things have happened.

WoW II! The Capitalist Relm!

Featureing New Calsses and Items!
-Drugs!
-Thugs!
-Lawyers!
-Judge!

Impresse your friends with your Amazing Abillites To render your Foes
Banned for 15 to life fr killing the Elf!

Or you Could use your Lawyer and pay 100k to have some shady set up lock him up to where you could Cap the S.O.B. yourself! Or why not get your possy and make him your b°tch!? Then balme it on the Judge! And how because the Communist Guild is in Power, you just can't go threw life!

I can see it now no expression

Originally posted by El_NINO
http://news.com.com/2061-10797_3-6064551.html

The news gets worse sad

Yet Another Reason to Go With GW.

El_NINO
http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=187002835

Its official... WoW has been hacked and has stolen many peoples accounts and have sold each players accounts for goods. sad

TheOne101
Everyone gets accounts being stollen all wrong all the time because it has never happened to them personally. It goes a bit like this. I used to steal accounts for fun/boredom so i know the drill. You make an alt on some ranom server and make a macro saying that you want to trade your account with your chars for another account with similar gear of a certain class. Then you go into ironforge or orgrimmar and spam the macro once every ew minutes till you grab someones attention. Then you reel them in with random gear that you really dont have like epics and such and guilds etc. After they are all in you tell them your info and they tell you theirs. Most of the kids who want to do it are too stupid to know how to recall their passwords so your all good for the moment. You get their info and change it on the website immediately and call up blizzard and get teir email changed. Then while they are on our acount you change the PW and DC them. Then they're boned. Nowadays it doesnt work too well but sometimes you get people who dont know their SQA's and such. I know its wrong and trading/selling accounts is against the rules but who cares. As far as I see it we pay our 15 dollars a month for our account so therefor we shoulld be able to do what we please with it. Chinese farmers do F*** up the economy but i also think that they make it. Too many is bad and too little is bad. Every server needs them to create an economic equilibrium. Without them it would get screwy and no one would like the outrageous prices. Oh and yes they do sell items like BOE epics such as Krol blade or lifestone. Etc.

El_NINO
Originally posted by TheOne101
Everyone gets accounts being stollen all wrong all the time because it has never happened to them personally. It goes a bit like this. I used to steal accounts for fun/boredom so i know the drill. You make an alt on some ranom server and make a macro saying that you want to trade your account with your chars for another account with similar gear of a certain class. Then you go into ironforge or orgrimmar and spam the macro once every ew minutes till you grab someones attention. Then you reel them in with random gear that you really dont have like epics and such and guilds etc. After they are all in you tell them your info and they tell you theirs. Most of the kids who want to do it are too stupid to know how to recall their passwords so your all good for the moment. You get their info and change it on the website immediately and call up blizzard and get teir email changed. Then while they are on our acount you change the PW and DC them. Then they're boned. Nowadays it doesnt work too well but sometimes you get people who dont know their SQA's and such. I know its wrong and trading/selling accounts is against the rules but who cares. As far as I see it we pay our 15 dollars a month for our account so therefor we shoulld be able to do what we please with it. Chinese farmers do F*** up the economy but i also think that they make it. Too many is bad and too little is bad. Every server needs them to create an economic equilibrium. Without them it would get screwy and no one would like the outrageous prices. Oh and yes they do sell items like BOE epics such as Krol blade or lifestone. Etc.

Thats the retarded way of stealing from people but your not actually hacking now are you...

Hacking as in actually breaking into Blizzards servers and stealing personal information such as credit card, WoW account.. etc. I knew a guy who hacked into Runescape and changed a few peoples accounts, he would charge them money to do it too.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by El_NINO
Thats the retarded way of stealing from people but your not actually hacking now are you...

Hacking as in actually breaking into Blizzards servers and stealing personal information such as credit card, WoW account.. etc. I knew a guy who hacked into Runescape and changed a few peoples accounts, he would charge them money to do it too.

Unless he is actually Woring for RuneScape, it is IMPOSSIBLE to hack into RuneScape.

Unless you are one fo the best, but why would you do that when you could do so much more?

Ushgarak
And that article doesn't talk about hacking WoW itself, merely nabbing people's passwords via Trojans. All that needs is a programme that senses the password when typed in. They don't need to hack WoW at all.

El_NINO
And that article doesn't talk about hacking WoW itself, merely nabbing people's passwords via Trojans. All that needs is a programme that senses the password when typed in. They don't need to hack WoW at all.

Oh shoot, I missed read the article. This looks like a virus is placed in your PC with a keylogger and then is sent to the "hacker". Thanks Ush for correcting me.

Soleran
This type of thing has been going on as long as I can remember. It got HUGE during Everquest and ebay and that was a hoot! Lvling up a druid to lvl 50 and selling him in ebay for 1k lol.

Oh silly MMORG get so wrapped up in all.

DarkC
http://www.worldofwar.net/comics/heroesofwow/chapter10/E10_p1_en.jpg

Koala MeatPie
You don't see WoW getting this kind of treatment:

http://www.guildwars.com/community/fansitegift.php

BackFire
Yes, that's because people are too busy playing WoW....or bitching on the forums, both seem to be one in the same these days.

MadMel
Originally posted by DarkC
http://www.worldofwar.net/comics/heroesofwow/chapter10/E10_p1_en.jpg
hysterical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.