About the Juyo style...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
It was stated that Mace completes the Juyo style, a style rumoured to be "incomplete"

however... some sources state that Maul also practiced Juyo and completed that form

Kavar, an ancient Jedi Master by PT standards also mastered Juyo and completed it with his trademark form relying on what appears two lightsabers.

So can we really say that Windu completed Juyo with Vaapad? It seems the above two force users also completed Juyo, although it was a bit more personalized since they did not teach the style to anyone else.

hord06
I'm not so sure about Maul, but Kavar basically mastered a form that some people (such as Mace Windu) considered incomplete. Just because it wasn't complete, that doesn't mean it couldn't be mastered.

Revolver Ocelot
He mastered the incomplete form.

zephiel7
But Kavar never said it was incomplete. The variant he taught the Exile may have been completed with his own dual wielding style.

hord06
He may have not regarded it as an incomplete technique, but it is clear that others did.

Janus Marius
Actually, Mace "completed" Juyo by adding his own flavor to it. In a sense, he created a new form because of a new outlook and philosophy to it. The original form "Juyo" is a blend of the other five forms (Niman doesn't count in this) and strives to be unpredictable and force aided. However, in adding the element of Vaapad, Mace Windu changed the form so that it emphasis playing touch and go with the darkside without being corrupted by it. This is a stark contrast to Maul, who embraced the darkside, or Kavar, who likely avoided using it. In doing this, Mace applies an equilibrium to the form that it didn't possess beforehand.

How does this effect Juyo? Well, in a sense it doesn't; Juyo still exists, and it is the foundation for Vaapad's moves. The major difference is in fighting philosophy. Where Juyo strives to be a Jack-of-all-trades and add some randomness to the mix, Vaapad is random because the inner persona is riding the darkside without succumbing to it. It's essentially Juyo with veiled passion, and the end result is Mace having a leg up on other practitioners of Juyo who lack said passion and drive.

For more information, read the novel Shatterpoint.

hord06
Yeah that book is awesome.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Actually, Mace "completed" Juyo by adding his own flavor to it. In a sense, he created a new form because of a new outlook and philosophy to it. The original form "Juyo" is a blend of the other five forms (Niman doesn't count in this) and strives to be unpredictable and force aided. However, in adding the element of Vaapad, Mace Windu changed the form so that it emphasis playing touch and go with the darkside without being corrupted by it. This is a stark contrast to Maul, who embraced the darkside, or Kavar, who likely avoided using it. In doing this, Mace applies an equilibrium to the form that it didn't possess beforehand.

How does this effect Juyo? Well, in a sense it doesn't; Juyo still exists, and it is the foundation for Vaapad's moves. The major difference is in fighting philosophy. Where Juyo strives to be a Jack-of-all-trades and add some randomness to the mix, Vaapad is random because the inner persona is riding the darkside without succumbing to it. It's essentially Juyo with veiled passion, and the end result is Mace having a leg up on other practitioners of Juyo who lack said passion and drive.

For more information, read the novel Shatterpoint.

Understood, but then the "completion" to Juyo really does depend on the person who uses it then, right? Kavar seems to complete Juyo with the simultaneity of two lightsabers. With another saber, he can overwhelm opponents, FAST, while protecting himself with the second saber.

Janus Marius
I would argue that Kavar doesn't use Juyo while using two sabers, since that is it's own form (Form X). Anyways, Juyo itself was probably considered mastered except until Mace found he could improve on it. I would call Vaapad an extension or subform of Juyo before I would call it a "completion"; I think that term is misleading.

Rayvann
Since when did Kavar know Juyo?

Janus Marius
Since he talks about it and teaches it to the Jedi Guardian.

Faunus
I had Vrook teach me Juyo: from Kavar, I learned Shien. . .

hord06
I think it depends what class you are.

Janus Marius
Actually, it depends on what order you go to them.

Revolver Ocelot
I killed Kavar lol

but I sucked it out of him wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.