Plastic Man Vs. Carnage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Could the insane, homicidal symbiote Carnage take down the stretchy, comical JLA shape shifter? Who would win in a battle with both giving it their all?? Both have similar powers, but both are still very different!! This would make a VERY interesting battle....I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts and comments.....

Oh, by the way...the battle takes place at an abandoned carnival with no prep for either.....now DISCUSS....................

Thunderstrike
Can Plastic Man be cut?

Dr.Fate
Carnage is so dead peroid.

batdude123
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Can Plastic Man be cut?

I doubt it. He's probably more durable than Reed because he can stretch farther. Bullets bounce off Reed like nothing and since most likely Plastic Man is more durable, I doubt he can be cut.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Dr.Fate
Carnage is so dead peroid.

Hmmmm, interesting!!! Please elaborate......

CaptainStoic
Is this a joke? how about this scenario... Plastic Man opens his mouth to tell a joke, and Carnage slides down his throat invading his body like the ebola virus.

Darksaint
^^^ LMAO, where is the Plas Respect thread when you need one?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Is this a joke? how about this scenario... Plastic Man opens his mouth to tell a joke, and Carnage slides down his throat invading his body like the ebola virus.

No, this is not a joke....don't underestimate Plastic man!!!! He's actually quite formidable and powerful!!!!! I believe he'd give Carnage one hell of a fight..........check this out......

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/plasticman.htm

TheKahn
eer

Plastic Man was the only member of the Justice league that could really hang with Fernus. He is way out of Carnage's league.

CaptainStoic
The very thought of Plasticman beating Carnage is revolting.

Superherovandal
seriously Plastic Man crushes Carnage due to his insane durabilty and inability to die. he hung with Fernus.

CaptainStoic
What became of Cletus Cassidy? When Sentry ripped Carnage in two he wasn't there, it was only the Symbiote??? If this is what I think it is, it only means that The Sybiote only has to take over Plasticman's psyche. I could be totally wrong as I have not really been following Carnage story lines lately.

Thunderstrike
Cletus is still in The Raft. The Symbiote could have been a doppelganger.

Comicbook_kid
Here's some more info on Plastic Man and his powers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Man

Even I was amazed at just how powerful he really is!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Adam
The Sybiote only has to take over Plasticman's psyche. .

Isn't Plasticman Totally immune to those kinds of things because of the nature of his powers?

Well thats what I heard anyway. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

batdude123
Originally posted by Black Adam
Isn't Plasticman Totally immune to those kinds of things because of the nature of his powers?

Well thats what I heard anyway. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Nothing can take over his mind because he's stretchy? eer

Black Adam
Originally posted by batdude123

It sort of works that way for Richards.....

juggernaut66666
doomsday ripped plasticman in half in ddwars comicbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Darksaint

He is immune to psych attacks because he has an inorganic mind....plastic..........immortal too.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
doomsday ripped plasticman in half in ddwars comicbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
Carnage is to Doomsday as a dodgeball is to a shotgun.

Comicbook_kid
"The Sybiote only has to take over Plasticman's psyche."

I don't think that's going to happen...the symbiote would never be able to complete the bonding process. It could never completely envelop Plastic Man to overtake him. Plastic Man is to pliable and too maluable to get a hold of...Plastic Man would literary slip thru it's fingers...it couldn't be able to contain him to possess him...

Comicbook_kid

How in the $%*@ could Doomsday rip Plastic Man in half??? Plastic Man can stretch his body at least 1,500 feet before he starts to feel the strain...Doomsday could stretch all he wanted, but he would never be able to stretch him far enough to rip him in half...and even if he did, Plastic man can just reform himself no problem. He was once frozen and shattered, but once he thawed out, he reformed himself back together no problemo!!!!!!!!

batdude123
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Carnage is to Doomsday as a dodgeball is to a shotgun.

laughing Nice analogy! wink

batdude123
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
How in the $%*@ could Doomsday rip Plastic Man in half??? Plastic Man can stretch his body at least 1,500 feet before he starts to feel the strain...Doomsday could stretch all he wanted, but he would never be able to stretch him far enough to rip him in half...and even if he did, Plastic man can just reform himself no problem. He was once frozen and shattered, but once he thawed out, he reformed himself back together no problemo!!!!!!!!

Hasn't Plastic Man been shown to be able to stretch all the way around the earth?

CaptainStoic
But aside from Plasticmans elasticity what exactly would he do to harm Carnage? do I smell stalemate?

juggernaut66666
i love all the smart guys here who know everything here is the scan DOOMSDAY RIPPING PLASTIC MAN IN HALF
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanthedoomsdaywars7il.jpg

juggernaut66666
check out the scan

batdude123
The scan's bullsh*t, pure and simple. It had his head rip and tear after Doomsday stretched it like 6 and a half feet. laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thunderstrike
i love all the smart guys here who know everything here is the scan DOOMSDAY RIPPING PLASTIC MAN IN HALF
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanthedoomsdaywars7il.jpg

It's painful looking, yet comical.

CaptainStoic
Nope didn't look like BS to me, I'd say he ripped the dummy apart.

juggernaut66666
The scan's bullsh*t, pure and simple. It had his head rip and tear after Doomsday stretched it like 6 and a half feet. laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin got get a glasses

batdude123
Nope didn't look like BS to me, I'd say he ripped the dummy apart.

Dude, it's what I like to call PIR (Plot Induced Retardation). big grin

Thunderstrike
He's never stretched his head before though. It's usually just his body.

juggernaut66666
no that's not bullshit you know whats is bullshit?
that batman(1 million) with 4 weeks prep can beat galactus
NOW THAT IS BULLSHIT

batdude123
no that's not bullshit you know whats is bullshit?
that batman(1 million) with 4 weeks prep can beat galactus
NOW THAT IS BULLSHIT

laughing Yeah, I was kinda speaking outta my a$$ on that one! stick out tongue

jrodslam
Actually, Plas DOES stretch his head on many occasions. I dont quite understand how Doomsday can rip him. Still makes no sense to me considering Plas can stretch distances that cover miles.erm

Thunderstrike
I guess that all powerful jobber aura effects elasticity. I guees Slade and Wolverine should be able to cut Reed Richards and Elongated man, or even Plastic Man.

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
Actually, Plas DOES stretch his head on many occasions. I dont quite understand how Doomsday can rip him. Still makes no sense to me considering Plas can stretch distances that cover miles.erm

yes

CaptainStoic
Well DD is extremely strong, perhaps his fingers perforated Plasticman, making it easier to rip him. I should get a no prize for that explanation!

CaptainStoic
All the same let's not get side tracked, how will Plasticman beat Carnage... this looks like a stalemate.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Can Plastic Man be cut?

Yeah, Polaris did it once in "JLA:Incognito" I believe.

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Yeah, Polaris did it once in "JLA:Incognito" I believe.

Wait, I have that comic. I'm gonna look that one up...

batdude123
Hehe, sorry the one I'm thinking of is "JLA: Terror Incognita."

Swanky-Tuna
Going all out like the topic Crea-TOR said, couldn't Plasticman just noose Carnage and swing him around until Cletus' head popped off like a dandelion?

How in the $%*@ could Doomsday rip Plastic Man in half???
He probably did it really quick, not giving him time to adjust.

manjaro
the most importnat thing about plastic man is he has the ability to increase his body mass and density proportiante to his size...sssooooooooo if he were to.....geee...i dont know....turn his fist into a sky scraper sized sledge hammer carnage is toastbig grin or he could do like what he did in dark knight returns and turn into a giant egg beater and maul his asslaughing

DigiMark007
Cletus also has to breathe and can't conceivably punch his way out of a super-stretchy plastic bubble. Easy win for PM.

Also, DD tearing him in two was just plain PIS to make DD seem like a supreme badass. He was a walking plot device to kill Supes at that point anyway, so they didn't really see fit to write much correctly.

samishe
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Cletus also has to breathe and can't conceivably punch his way out of a super-stretchy plastic bubble. Easy win for PM.

Also, DD tearing him in two was just plain PIS to make DD seem like a supreme badass. He was a walking plot device to kill Supes at that point anyway, so they didn't really see fit to write much correctly.

I'm not sure that Carnage really has to breathe.
Symbiots been shown to stay without Oxygen for a long time.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by samishe
I'm not sure that Carnage really has to breathe.
Symbiots been shown to stay without Oxygen for a long time.

Notice I said Cletus though...not the symbiote. And with how thoroughly they're bonded to one another, removing oxygen is bound to do something detrimental to them.

In any case, he has other options...that was just the first that popped to my head.

Plastic Man stalemated Martian Manhunter.

Martian Manhunter.

And he can pull his weight in the JLA, a group of notoriously over-powered good guys. Seeing him pitted against guys like Carnage (and similar foes...this is somewhat of a trend) is sad.

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I agree with you 100% on that one. yes

roughrider
Carnage can't bond with Plas; his skin is impenetrable at every microscopic level. If he went down his throat, it would be a comical sight as Plas barfs his strechy guts out, then sucks them back in like spagetti. sick
Reading Wikipedia, I thought it would explain why he never takes the glasses and costume off. I thought they were bonded to him, but apparently not.

DigiMark007
Plastic Man's freaking awesome. With a good writer, he's nigh-herald level. My favorite fight ever on this forum was arguing for him against Hulk. But read my comments above on how he throttles Carnage.

Stoic
bump

DarkSaint85
Still Plas.

Decter
Plastic man wins

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Still Plas.
Can Plas regen his head in seconds?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can Plas regen his head in seconds?

He can't be destroyed, so hasn't had a need to regenerate.

But he has been transformed into stone, then shattered into loads of tiny pieces, then survived for 3,000 years at the bottom of the ocean.

StiltmanFTW
How can he hurt Carnage?

DarkSaint85
How can he hurt Carnage?

Suffocation. Cletus would presumably die, and the symbiote will go into dormancy.

StiltmanFTW
Well, Cletus has survived in space after Sentry ripped him in half.

Forgot how one of his mini-series explained the whole thing, though. And why it took him so long to grow new legs...

DarkSaint85
Well, Cletus has survived in space after Sentry ripped him in half.

Forgot how one of his mini-series explained the whole thing, though. And why it took him so long to grow new legs...

Yah, that's the incidence I was thinking about. IIRC he went into hibernation to conserve his body, and the symbiote just shut down to protect him.

Stoic
Yah, that's the incidence I was thinking about. IIRC he went into hibernation to conserve his body, and the symbiote just shut down to protect him.

Was that due to being ripped in half, or because he was in space?

StiltmanFTW

Yeah, there was something like that.

Being in space is a little more hardcore than just getting choked, though. Even if it's PM doing the choking.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Stoic
Was that due to being ripped in half, or because he was in space?

Here's a scan from a different angle.

It doesn't really answer the question you had though.

It might be a combo of both but I wouldn't put it past Carnage to survive being ripped in half.

http://i.imgur.com/RRAA05q.jpg1

namorsubby
I don't see how carnage can possibly beat plastic man in any circumstance.

maxivitopowe
well 2 things

first off carnage got new cybernetic/symbiote legs (symbionetic)

secondly, after a trip to the microverse current carnage is made off lots off tiny carnages

DarkSaint85
He still needs to breathe...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.