Darth Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
How badass would Yoda be if he became a Sith Lawd, and Mace Windu (LITERALLY) became his sith ***** apprentice?

Would the two do a better job than Palpatine and Vader?

Revolver Ocelot
I doubt it. Sidious mainly relied on political manipulation. He is unmatched in that category. Yoda may have been more powerful in ROTS, but I think that changed in the 20 years of darkness.

Vader was the muscle. I know Mace would make better muscle in a theoretical sense, as far as combat abilities (mainly agility) goes, but I think most of Vader's influence came from his image as the uber badass dressed-in-black-armor-officer-choking with the Imperial March playing in the backround smile. I'm not sure whether Mace would make the better Sith, but likely the more powerful one.

zephiel7
Well Yoda was the Jedi master. He would have a great deal influence on the Republic senate, no? Everyone would trust the Jedi master.

Revolver Ocelot
He'd be hella powerful, too. In Dark Rendezvous, Dooku states that Yoda would obliterate Darth Sidious if he used the Dark Side of the Force. Keep in mind that this was stated when Dooku thought of Sidious as really, really powerful (when in fact he wasn't much stronger than Dooku himself!)

Antediluvian
They'd tear shit apart.

The two most powerful Jedi of their time . . . Sith Lords?

zOmg Pwn3d.

hord06
Do you think they would make a more powerful duo then Sidious and Tyranus?

Antediluvian
Originally posted by hord06
I don't know.

Janus Marius
Depends, really. Yoda was already old at that point.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Depends, really. Yoda was already old at that point.

Age has nothing to do with it, honestly.

Dooku was in his eighties and Sidious was in his sixties and they were getting pretty damn old and they pwned it up.

Stalker 360
Lawd??? but yoda dosnt suit DS he is the appitermy of good

jollyjim311
That would suck. Sorry, but, they would be the worst Sith ever. A two foot tall muppet with a speech impediment going around and killing everyone would be comical, not intimidating or evil. And him being the more powerful one. Windu would just go around screaming "Evil vaapad master!!!" and kill everyone in sight. He would cost the Empire like half their army just because he wants to look cool. Sidious and Vader are WAY better Sith, no doubt whatsoever.

Revolver Ocelot
Let me type out the quote:

"So be angry about that!" Dooku said. "Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing at the game of Jedi Knight, and admit to what you have always known; you are alone, and you are great, and when world strikes you it is better to strike back than to turn your cheek. Feel, Yoda! I can feel the darkness rising in you. Here, in this place, be honest for once and feel the truth about yourself."

At this moment Yoda turned, and Dooku gasped. Whether it was the play of the holomonitors, beaming their views of bleak space and distance battles, or some other trick of the light, Yoda's face was deeply hidden in the shadows, mottled black and blue, so that for one terrible instant he looked exactly like Darth Sidious. Or rather, it was Yoda as he might have been, or could yet become: a Yoda gone rotten, a Yoda whose awesome power had been utterly unleashed by the power of the dark side. In a flash Dooku saw how foolish he had been, trying to urge the old Master to the dark side. If Yoda ever turned that way, Sidious himself would be annihilated. The Universe had yet to compehend the kind of evil that a Jedi Knight of nearly nine hundred years could wield."

pretty crazy. Darth muppet = badass.

Captain REX
Hmm, indeed. He would be a scary Sith Lord.

jollyjim311
No, he wouldn't. He'd be stupid. Powerful, yes. Mighty, yes. Intimidating or a physically appealing villain, not even a little. He taught us to do the right thing, that war doesn't make you great, and that size matters not, but as a Sith he would be a bad character.(<- Period)

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Let me type out the quote:

"So be angry about that!" Dooku said. "Hate! Rage! Despair! Allow yourself, just once, to stop playing at the game of Jedi Knight, and admit to what you have always known; you are alone, and you are great, and when world strikes you it is better to strike back than to turn your cheek. Feel, Yoda! I can feel the darkness rising in you. Here, in this place, be honest for once and feel the truth about yourself."

At this moment Yoda turned, and Dooku gasped. Whether it was the play of the holomonitors, beaming their views of bleak space and distance battles, or some other trick of the light, Yoda's face was deeply hidden in the shadows, mottled black and blue, so that for one terrible instant he looked exactly like Darth Sidious. Or rather, it was Yoda as he might have been, or could yet become: a Yoda gone rotten, a Yoda whose awesome power had been utterly unleashed by the power of the dark side. In a flash Dooku saw how foolish he had been, trying to urge the old Master to the dark side. If Yoda ever turned that way, Sidious himself would be annihilated. The Universe had yet to compehend the kind of evil that a Jedi Knight of nearly nine hundred years could wield."

pretty crazy. Darth muppet = badass.

That is a sweet quote, I gotta read this book. Its a Clone Wars novel isnt it? I've only read Shatterpoint and LOE.

Revolver Ocelot
I liked how it reinforced that *everyone* is tempted by the dark side, even Yoda himself.

Faunus
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
That is a sweet quote, I gotta read this book. Its a Clone Wars novel isnt it? I've only read Shatterpoint and LOE.

You need to read Stephen Barnes' Cestus Deception, as well as the Medstar duology (which I have to read) and Dark Lord, by Luceno.

Darth Avis
Dark Lord was awsome. Yoda as the emperor? hmm....

Council#13
What Sorgo said in his first post

eltomo
I think yoda would reduce sidious to nothing as in turn him into nothing. In episode 3 he only loses because he is at the bottom of the senate chamber. If he was on the same level as sidious like at the topof the building or something, yoda would pawn him without any darkside powers at all. Don't forget, sidious runs from yoda then chucks senate pods at him. And like the quote says, dark yoda would annihilated.

eltomo
*i think yoda would massacre darth sidious

Ermac_Master
I think Darth Yoda is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

eltomo
I think yoda would have infinite power if he turned to the darkside. And he would be able to do anything!

Sesse
Darth Obi-Wan-Kenobi sounds much stupider.

truejedi
no, darth jar jar sounds about like the stupidest thing ever.
give me darth yoda anyday

DePWNZOR
Darth Yoda sounds kind of impressive actually

Great Vengeance
Darth Yoddha*

Jam-Jul_Lison
Remember just because you suddenly turn to the dark side does not give you instant power. The dark side is channeled differently then the light. Mace might adapt well but Yoda might have a little more trouble. Personaly I just do not think it would work so well for them. I do have a better team then that though. The idea was brought up by vader in empire strikes back. The team of Vader and Luke. Imagine if instead of crying like a baby if Luke as had accepted Vader's offer, been and been trained by Vader. Well first off bye bye Palpatine. I do not think anyone could have stood up to them.

steverules
If Yoda turns to the DS then I will be like WTF is going on!?!

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Razielim
I doubt it. Sidious mainly relied on political manipulation. He is unmatched in that category. Yoda may have been more powerful in ROTS, but I think that changed in the 20 years of darkness.

Vader was the muscle. I know Mace would make better muscle in a theoretical sense, as far as combat abilities (mainly agility) goes, but I think most of Vader's influence came from his image as the uber badass dressed-in-black-armor-officer-choking with the Imperial March playing in the backround smile. I'm not sure whether Mace would make the better Sith, but likely the more powerful one.
yes but it was mace's genes that made him agressive, plus why do you think he made vaapad, he would be almost an ideal sith aprentice

sundevilscott
http://f5.putfile.com/5/14317281539.jpg

Tangible God
That really should be a red saber.

Sesse
http://www.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/humor/1120079588_i_2391_full.jpg

Admiral Akbar
Sesse posted a far better one.

DarthMaul9123
hey akbar did you go away for a while, i mean i did so maybe its just me, but good to see some of the old sages still around here

Blaxican Style
YEah sun's Yoda loosk like hes been smokign to much, rather than infused wit hthe darkside...

than again, isn't that what being a darksider si? Smoking to much?

DarthMaul9123
yeah they supposedly give out free dope for accolytes and if you pass the test you get to live in the weed room for three days

Blaxican Style
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
yeah they supposedly give out free dope for accolytes and if you pass the test you get to live in the weed room for three days

Nice.

TheBalance

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
hey akbar did you go away for a while, i mean i did so maybe its just me, but good to see some of the old sages still around here

Yeah I was gone during the Numan plague. I did come back just recently. wink

DarthMaul9123
not calling you old, just smart (sage)

Dathka Graush
I personally think that Starkiller would be better of a pick than Yoda, because he could take down a whole Imperial Star Destroyer using the force, while Yoda struggled concentrating on stopping the turbine looking thing from crushing Anakin Skywalker in Episode III, but thats just me, i could just be crazy.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Dathka Graush
I personally think that Starkiller would be better of a pick than Yoda, because he could take down a whole Imperial Star Destroyer using the force, while Yoda struggled concentrating on stopping the turbine looking thing from crushing Anakin Skywalker in Episode III, but thats just me, i could just be crazy. Actually he used the Force to manipulate a big ion cannon or something to bring down the Star Destroyer.

Nice try though.

Happy_Sith
Yoda is useless next to Sidious.

There is no indication that Yoda would be as good a politician.

So, he would win all the fights but would not be the best Sith Lord ever.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Happy_Sith
Yoda is useless next to Sidious. And you have proof of this?

There is no indication that Yoda would be as good a politician. Likewise, there is no indications that he would be a bad politician.

So, he would win all the fights but would not be the best Sith Lord ever. Actually he would. If he eliminated all the others, then there would be nothing to compare him to, therefore making him the best, if nothing else, by default.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
And you have proof of this?

Likewise, there is no indications that he would be a bad politician.

Actually he would. If he eliminated all the others, then there would be nothing to compare him to, therefore making him the best, if nothing else, by default.

Have you lost your mind?

smokin'

Tangible God
Have you lost your mind?

smokin' Actually he made a hell of alot more sense than you did. Logic is your friend, don't abuse him.

Darth Exodus
Yoda would stupid as a Sith. You just couldn't take him seriously. I'd just always be laughing at his speech impedement and his size. Untill he killed me of course. Plus he'd keep getting accused of having a Napoleon complex.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Tangible God
Actually he made a hell of alot more sense than you did. Logic is your friend, don't abuse him.

You don't use logic in fantasy or religion or psuedo-science.

In certain aspects of Sci-Fi you might use it, but it stops there.

rolling on floor laughing

Gideon
While I think the statement that "Yoda is useless next to Sidious" is among the most retarded things I've ever read, it is almost as bad to assert that Yoda would somehow make a decent politician, much less in comparison to someone like Darth Sidious. As Jacen noted, Palpatine didn't just channel the dark side to achieve total victory, but moreso by "brilliant manipulation and an understanding of people's weaknesses". Yoda's demonstrated the political acumen of an unplugged toaster. In no way does he compare to Palpatine's genius, dark side or no.

Schwarzenegger
Why do all these noobs enjoy bumping old threads.

Tangible God

rolling on floor laughing The hell is wrong with you?

Obsidian Fury

rolling on floor laughing

Your illogical.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Gideon
While I think the statement that "Yoda is useless next to Sidious" is among the most retarded things I've ever read, it is almost as bad to assert that Yoda would somehow make a decent politician, much less in comparison to someone like Darth Sidious. As Jacen noted, Palpatine didn't just channel the dark side to achieve total victory, but moreso by "brilliant manipulation and an understanding of people's weaknesses". Yoda's demonstrated the political acumen of an unplugged toaster. In no way does he compare to Palpatine's genius, dark side or no. It's funny, I never asserted that Yoda would be as good as Palpatine in politics. I just said that there was no indication that he would be bad at it, especially if he was a Sith. He knows how to talk with people, he leads the Jedi Order (which could be compared to a Government Department), and has "good relations" with other species. We've never seen him in that capacity, which shows that there is nothing that says whether he would succeed or fail at politics. That's all i was saying.

Gideon
It's funny, I never asserted that Yoda would be as good as Palpatine in politics. I just said that there was no indication that he would be bad at it, especially if he was a Sith. He knows how to talk with people, he leads the Jedi Order (which could be compared to a Government Department), and has "good relations" with other species. We've never seen him in that capacity, which shows that there is nothing that says whether he would succeed or fail at politics. That's all i was saying.

Yoda seems very dismissive and ignorant of the political spectrum as demonstrated by his discussions with the Supreme Chancellor in Labyrinth of Evil.

Darth Subjekt
Ah ok, I haven't read much of that book yet. (Yes, I'm a little behind.) I was speaking more of his general demeanor and ability to talk to others, but of course that would be different if he was fueled by the dark side.

In LoE, was it still Valurum (or however you spell it), or was it Palpatine already?

Gideon
Ah ok, I haven't read much of that book yet. (Yes, I'm a little behind.) I was speaking more of his general demeanor and ability to talk to others, but of course that would be different if he was fueled by the dark side.

In LoE, was it still Valurum (or however you spell it), or was it Palpatine already?

Palpatine.

truejedi
Originally posted by Gideon
Yoda seems very dismissive and ignorant of the political spectrum as demonstrated by his discussions with the Supreme Chancellor in Labyrinth of Evil.

well, yoda would have had no need to know how to interpret politics before the events of at least TPM. He would have just pretty much done what the force told him to do prior to that time, which worked out fine for hundreds of years: it was when he lost much of his ability to use the force to sort out complicated things such as politics that he would have become ignorant of the political spectrum. "the dark side clouding everything" made him look like a buffoon for much of the PT. IMO, he would make a much greater politician were the "binders" to be removed. You know Sidious was using the force to manipulate the people around him as well. If yoda were willing to use the force for that same purpose, that too would improve his political performance.

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
well, yoda would have had no need to know how to interpret politics before the events of at least TPM. He would have just pretty much done what the force told him to do prior to that time, which worked out fine for hundreds of years: it was when he lost much of his ability to use the force to sort out complicated things such as politics that he would have become ignorant of the political spectrum. "the dark side clouding everything" made him look like a buffoon for much of the PT. IMO, he would make a much greater politician were the "binders" to be removed. You know Sidious was using the force to manipulate the people around him as well. If yoda were willing to use the force for that same purpose, that too would improve his political performance.

What are you implying? The dark side of the Force improves one's political skills? I suppose Darth Maul possessed deeply latent Stalinian political cunning with a Hitler-esque charisma? That is a deeply absurd notion. To quote Jacen Solo, circa 40 ABY, "Palpatine seemed to gather most of his power by brilliant manipulation and an understanding of people's weaknesses, not simply by channelling the power of the dark side," this being after he flow walked back to the PT era to witness the downfall of the Old Republic firsthand. Palpatine has been confirmed in multiple sources to be a genius of extraordinary proportions and though Master Yoda's sagely wisdom is without peer, Darth Sidious's intellect is vastly superior. Yoda would need a lot more than the dark side to become a great politician.

truejedi
oh, i agree without question that palpatine far exceeds Yoda's abilities in politics. I was merely pointing out that Yoda probably had previously trusted the force for guidance prior to the PT, so he had never needed to particularly hone his political skills.

zoom3
Originally posted by hord06

Both Mace Windu and Yoda are as powerful or more powerful than Dooku. Sidious doesn't seem much more powerful than Dooku. Mace almost beat Sidious and Yoda held his own against him. I'd say that Mace and Yoda coud easily be more powerful.

zoom3
Originally posted by Stalker 360
Lawd??? but yoda dosnt suit DS he is the appitermy of good

One, you mean appitome. This means that Yoda was the perfect example of good, for everyone who doesn't know. Also, this is all hypothetical.

Lord Lucien
Why did you resurrect a thread just to correct the grammar of, and argue with the post of 5-year gone members?

zoom3
Originally posted by reborn_213
That would suck. Sorry, but, they would be the worst Sith ever. A two foot tall muppet with a speech impediment going around and killing everyone would be comical, not intimidating or evil. And him being the more powerful one. Windu would just go around screaming "Evil vaapad master!!!" and kill everyone in sight. He would cost the Empire like half their army just because he wants to look cool. Sidious and Vader are WAY better Sith, no doubt whatsoever.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

First of all, no one goes around screaming "Evil vappad master!!!" unless they're drunk or insane. mad

Second, Mace Windu is a close second for the most powerful jedi of the time, maybe even the most powerful by a little bit. He was Master of the Order(not the same thing as Grandmaster). He was extremely wise and powerful, and was one of the best swordsmasters of the Jedi Order. He was a master of all seven lightsaber forms, meaning he was also a master of Vaapad. Vaapad is a style that brings the user dangerously close to the dark side of the Force. He was also the ONLY FULL master of Vaapad. That means that not even Yoda had mastered it. He was able to agument his speed with the Force and perform many feats through the Force. He had a "shatterpoint" ability. He was able to see the weak points in an object or person and channel the Force into that spot, breaking the object. He was an adept pilot as well.

Next, Yoda was Grandmaster(again, not the same as Master of the Order). He disarmed Asajj Ventress with ease. Remember, Ventress had killed many jedi before, including Council members. This is one example of Yoda's use of telekinesis. This is one use of the Force that he was especially adept at, easily moving large and heavy objects(not that size or weight matters). He was another very skilled swordsmaster, and his only equals were Mace Windu, Count Dooku, and Darth Sidious. He was able to hold his own against Sidious in a battle of Force powers. Also, he was grouped in with two other elite Force users by the Dark Jedi Beldorion. These two were Jedi Master Thon and Naomi Sunrider, who were some of the greatest masters in the history of the Order. He had a more profound knowledge of the Force than the Sith as well, no doubt due to his long life.

I'd say that if these two jedi masters had been sith, they would have been terrifying.

zoom3
Originally posted by reborn_213
No, he wouldn't. He'd be stupid. Powerful, yes. Mighty, yes. Intimidating or a physically appealing villain, not even a little. He taught us to do the right thing, that war doesn't make you great, and that size matters not, but as a Sith he would be a bad character.(<- Period)

You know that when jedi turn to the dark side, their personallities change, right?

Lord Lucien
I'm genuinely curious. It's like arguing with a five year old echo.

zoom3
I just feel the need to spout out the information. It's pretty cool to be the one to know all this stuff.

Lord Lucien
So... ego.

zoom3
A little bit.

zoom3
And I didn't know that they were gone. I'm relatively new.

Lord Lucien
If I had a screenshot, I'd draw over it an arrow to the bottom left of your post, under your name, title, gender and location. There you'll find a handy time and date of said post. Deductions abound from there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.