YOU vs the Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Let's say that the Fantastic Four have had it with the hero business and go tear-assing through New York City on a murderous rampage. Neither team gets prep and everyone has their standard equipment. Now can you assemble a team of 4 to stop them with these limitations (most of which I stole from the last tourney embarrasment)?

The Caps/Rules

*strength and durability/killability at or below the Thing

*Mach 10 speed or slower

*energy projection at or below Iron Man

*no magic, intangibility, teleportation, telepathy, time manipulation, matter/energy manipulation, immortality, or ability to transfer consciousness

List your team and state how they would beat the evil Fantastic Four if you can..... evil face

JOE NUNEZ
my team 1 spiderman 2 current iceman 3 karnak 4 batman

TheKahn
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
my team 1 spiderman 2 current iceman 3 karnak 4 batman

I think Iceman breaks a couple of the caps wink

Thunderstrike
mmkay, here we go.
Iceman
Spider-Man (post other)
Thunderstrike
Ghost Rider

Here's how it goes:
The four people from my team separate the four heroes:
Ghost Rider takes on The Human Torch
Thundersrike to Reed Richards
Iceman to Sue Richards
Spider-Man to Thing

Spider-Man is merely a distraction for Ben Grimm, because Ben won't be able to hit him. Thunderstrike roasts Reed, Ghost Rider gives Johnny Hellfire and a Penance Stare (Johnny can't shield himself from Hellfire), Iceman freezes Sue in her force field, and when she breaks away from a field, Iceman freezes the moisture in her body. After the other three are done, they team up on Ben and put him down quickly.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
mmkay, here we go.
Iceman
Spider-Man (post other)
Thunderstrike
Ghost Rider

Here's how it goes:
The four people from my team separate the four heroes:
Ghost Rider takes on The Human Torch
Thundersrike to Reed Richards
Iceman to Sue Richards
Spider-Man to Thing

Spider-Man is merely a distraction for Ben Grimm, because Ben won't be able to hit him. Thunderstrike roasts Reed, Ghost Rider gives Johnny Hellfire and a Penance Stare (Johnny can't shield himself from Hellfire), Iceman freezes Sue in her force field, and when she breaks away from a field, Iceman freezes the moisture in her body. After the other three are done, they team up on Ben and put him down quickly. I dont think Thunderstrike is allowed. He's just a weaker version of Thor

JOE NUNEZ
my team 1 spiderman 2 current iceman 3 karnak 4 batman whats wrong with iceman ff have torch.

Murda Mase
My team consists of one eraser and white out.

I win.big grin

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
I dont think Thunderstrike is allowed. He's just a weaker version of Thor

His energy projection and strength are nowhere near Iron Man or Ben Grimm. He's only a class 80. Also, I'm using Iceman without the second mutation which made him an Omega level.

badabing
Rogue

Batman

Spiderman

Dr. Doom ( Don't know if villains are allowed )

Murda Mase
Originally posted by badabing

He uses magic.

Dizzle
whats wrong with iceman ff have torch.

Iceman is impossible to kill physically, since his consciousness is independant from any corporeal body. He can also internally tamper with pretty much anyone, and I'd give him very good odds of being able to freeze even Sue's brain, shield or no shield. Basically, he breaks a lot of caps.

Thunderstrike's within the caps... He's class 85ish, his energy projection is not up to par with IronMan, and he's not nearly as durable as Thing. Scoob actually had him on his tourney team...

TheKhan didn't outlaw one hit KO type attacks, so Ghost Rider would be ok here... As would a lot of other powers that got banned (teleportation, intangibility) because of it.

Hmmm... Just to be fun, I'll take 4 actual tourney picks. Iron Man, Doctor Light, Animal Man, and Exiles Mimic. The F4 has more raw power than was allowed in the tournament, (Human Torch and IW) but these 4 make for a hell of a lot more versatility than they can hope to come up with. In my mind, this fight would go pretty quickly, but come down to all 4 against Sue. Which wouldn't necessarily be a total beatdown, as Sue is monsterously powerful, but I really don't see her beating this team while blind and under heavy fire from 4 powerful energy attacks.

badabing
Rogue

Batman

Spiderman

Rogue

Batman

Spiderman

U.S. Agent

JOE NUNEZ
Rogue

Batman

Spiderman

U.S. Agent who could us agent take out?

badabing
who could us agent take out?
I got stuck on a 4th person. I picked him because he's an amped up Captain America. I just figured him as more of a strong, agile diversion. I'm going to think of another 4th.

Dizzle
Rogue

Batman

Spiderman

U.S. Agent

Who could ANY of them take out? Think Iron Man level guys. Yknow, the characters that can kind of fight the heavy hitters like Superman and Thor, but will inevitably get their asses kicked every time. There's always loopholes around the overall power level by going for versatility. The F4 is way more powerful than the caps allow, so you need to think of fairly unique combinations.

Scarlet315
Spider man
Black panther
Wolverine
Iceman

The top two have been known to take on the FF at once and lived to tell about it

grey fox
Ok my team consists of

Grey Gargoyle

Wizard

Super-skrull

Glom

-------------

Plan

Wizard tags Reed and Ben with his anti-gravity disks and then floats around just generally firing lasers at the 'Evil Four' .

Ben has been incapacitated by the disks before as has reed although he wont be able to escape before Grey Gargoyle grabs him , turning him into stone , which is then shattered by a single punch from SS

Super-skrull then pulls the 'Stretch myself into Piano-Wire' trick he did in his mini , cutting Ben in half.

Glom eats Johnny , end of story.

Sue is now left on the defensive with my team all blitzing her all to once, soon enough her shields break from the pressure and she's reduced to a red strain on the floor ...which Glom then eats.....

Thunderstrike
^ You put Glom in there just so he could eat things, didn't you?

Tshern
My team would consist of Leech and three powerhouses who would up the powerless F4.

spetznaz
Originally posted by TheKahn
Let's say that the Fantastic Four have had it with the hero business and go tear-assing through New York City on a murderous rampage. Neither team gets prep and everyone has their standard equipment. Now can you assemble a team of 4 to stop them with these limitations (most of which I stole from the last tourney embarrasment)?

The Caps/Rules

*strength and durability/killability at or below the Thing

*Mach 10 speed or slower

*energy projection at or below Iron Man

*no magic, intangibility, teleportation, telepathy, time manipulation, matter/energy manipulation, immortality, or ability to transfer consciousness

List your team and state how they would beat the evil Fantastic Four if you can..... evil face

Here are my four characters:

1) Dr Midnite
2) Plastic Man
3) Killer Frost
4) Sebastian Shaw

The problem I am facing is:

a) Find where the Invisible Woman (from hereon IW) is, since after all she can turn invisible.
b) Find a way of negating her forcefields and taking her out of the fight.
c) Deal with Reed
d) Deal with a super-brawler like the Thing.
e) Deal with a heat-generator at the level of the the Torch.

Here is my plan:

i) Dr Midnite has various lenses that allow him to see even though his vision is nigh-absent. One of those lenses is an 'ultra-sonic' lens, and thus IW is not longer invisible. When she goes invisible she is bending light around and having it pass through her, but she is still SOLID. Ultra-sonics are basically sonar, so she will show up like a Christmas tree at a Buddhist temple to Dr Midnite.

ii) At which point Plastic Man goes to work, wrapping himself all around IW (who will obviously have her protective bubble up). Now, even if she extends it to its maximum PM will just extend with it, and if she contracts it he will simply contract with it. I wonder how long she can survive without air in that lil' bubble of hers (in my opinion sooner or later she will die just like Unus the untouchable died, or a more recent example how Magneto defeated Cannoball by encircling him in metal and waiting until he was too exhausted to 'blast').

iii) Here comes Johnny boy, obviously not too excited at what is happening. There steps Killer Frost, who has the ability to absorb external heat sourcs and turn them into supreme cold. Guess what Johnny boy is .....a very hot external heat source. He powers up Killer Frost by losing his flames.

iv) Now, what is Killer Frost to do with all that cold surging through her (courtesy of our dear, departed, friend Johnny)? Well, there is Reed trying to snake his way into the fight. In Tower of Babel Plastic Man was frozen and shattered, and if that could work against a shaper like PM imagine what it could do to someone like Reed! Suffice to say Reed becomes an elongated popsicle. If Killer Frost decides to be mean she may opt to shatter him as well, but that would not be necessary. Sadly Killer Frost is a sadist, thus bye-bye Mr Fantastic. It was nice knowing you. Adieu.

v) Ol' Ben is obviously not laughing by now. He is annoyed as heck and thinks it is clobbering time. At which point Sebastian Shaw decides to accomodate him, and stands in front of the Thing. Ben clobbers Sebastian, only to realize that his blows have no effect. In fact the more he hits Seb the stronger Seb gets. Unknown to Grimm, Sebastian Shaw is getting stronger, and not only that but suffering no damage.

At this point Seb could just stand there and receive Ben's punches (he's not getting hurt at all, the only effect is that he is getting stronger ...he could technically just stand there 'til kingdom come making squiggly faces at Ben), or he could trade punches with Ben, or he could just have Killer Frost (who has long finished dealing with Johnny and Richard) to come and 'cool off' Ben, or Dr Midnite could throw one of his blackout bombs at Ben and make him not see.
A whole host of options at this point.

Anyways, the fight is over, and my team heads over to my headoffice to collect a fat check for a job well done. I might even throw in a bonus if they do it in under 10 minutes.

Fin.

TheKahn
Originally posted by spetznaz
Here are my four characters:

1) Dr Midnite
2) Plastic Man
3) Killer Frost
4) Sebastian Shaw

The problem I am facing is:

a) Find where the Invisible Woman (from hereon IW) is, since after all she can turn invisible.
b) Find a way of negating her forcefields and taking her out of the fight.
c) Deal with Reed
d) Deal with a super-brawler like the Thing.
e) Deal with a heat-generator at the level of the the Torch.

Here is my plan:

i) Dr Midnite has various lenses that allow him to see even though his vision is nigh-absent. One of those lenses is an 'ultra-sonic' lens, and thus IW is not longer invisible. When she goes invisible she is bending light around and having it pass through her, but she is still SOLID. Ultra-sonics are basically sonar, so she will show up like a Christmas tree at a Buddhist temple to Dr Midnite.

ii) At which point Plastic Man goes to work, wrapping himself all around IW (who will obviously have her protective bubble up). Now, even if she extends it to its maximum PM will just extend with it, and if she contracts it he will simply contract with it. I wonder how long she can survive without air in that lil' bubble of hers (in my opinion sooner or later she will die just like Unus the untouchable died, or a more recent example how Magneto defeated Cannoball by encircling him in metal and waiting until he was too exhausted to 'blast').

iii) Here comes Johnny boy, obviously not too excited at what is happening. There steps Killer Frost, who has the ability to absorb external heat sourcs and turn them into supreme cold. Guess what Johnny boy is .....a very hot external heat source. He powers up Killer Frost by losing his flames.

iv) Now, what is Killer Frost to do with all that cold surging through her (courtesy of our dear, departed, friend Johnny)? Well, there is Reed trying to snake his way into the fight. In Tower of Babel Plastic Man was frozen and shattered, and if that could work against a shaper like PM imagine what it could do to someone like Reed! Suffice to say Reed becomes an elongated popsicle.

v) Ol' Ben is obviously not laughing by now. He is annoyed as heck and thinks it is clobbering time. At which point Sebastian Shaw decides to accomodate him, and stands in front of the Thing. Ben clobbers Sebastian, only to realize that his blows have no effect. In fact the more he hits Seb the stronger Seb gets. Unknown to Grimm, Sebastian Shaw is getting stronger, and not only that but suffering no damage.

At this point Seb could just stand there and receive Ben's punches, or he could trade punches with Ben, or he could just have Killer Frost (who has long finished dealing with Johnny and Richard) to come and 'cool off' Ben, or Dr Midnite could throw one of his blackout bombs at Ben and make him not see.
A whole host of options at this point.

Anyways, the fight is over, and my team heads over to my headoffice to collect a fat check for a job well done. I might even throw in a bonus if they do it in under 10 minutes.

Fin.

I think Plastic Man is slightly above the durability/killability cap shifty wink

spetznaz
I think Plastic Man is slightly above the durability/killability cap shifty wink

Ok ...substitute PM for Elongated Man.
Same effect, and he is able to stretch for sufficient distances to accomodate IW (even though he is not able to stretch for miles like PM he should be able to encompass anything IW can offer).
Also his durability is not at the level of PM, thus that takes care of that caveat.

IF that is still not sufficient then substitute EM/PM for Dr Light. He has powerful light-based weaponry that should be able to go through IW's shield.
But I'm certain someone will say that the lasers will also go through her and not harm her (or for that matter that they may not even pass through her forcefield, which is a good point), so he has another option.
He can create very strong forcefields, thus he will simply create a forcefield around HER forcefield.
Either way she is no longer a viable participant in this fight.

Anyways, if PM is not going to work put it EM.
If EM is not going to work put in the good doctor.

IW is out of the fight, and the rest of the fight progresses as written. Either way the F4 are going down, and my team gets a bonus if they go down in less than 10 min.

(Evil laugh).

TheKahn
Ok ...substitute PM for Elongated Man.
Same effect, and he is able to stretch for sufficient distances to accomodate IW (even though he is not able to stretch for miles like PM he should be able to encompass anything IW can offer).
Also his durability is not at the level of PM, thus that takes care of that caveat.

IF that is still not sufficient then substitute EM/PM for Dr Light. He has powerful light-based weaponry that should be able to go through IW's shield.
But I'm certain someone will say that the lasers will also go through her and not harm her (or for that matter that they may not even pass through her forcefield, which is a good point), so he has another option.
He can create very strong forcefields, thus he will simply create a forcefield around HER forcefield.
Either way she is no longer a viable participant in this fight.

Anyways, if PM is not going to work put it EM.
If EM is not going to work put in the good doctor.

IW is out of the fight, and the rest of the fight progresses as written. Either way the F4 are going down, and my team gets a bonus if they go down in less than 10 min.

(Evil laugh).

Sounds good to me thumb up big grin

TheKahn
My team would consist of:

Super-Skrull
Crystal
Gorgon (Wolverine enemy)
a blank 616 Mimic

They would be able to match the FF in every area (as the Super-Skrull and Mimic would each have the power of all of the FF). They also have two powerful elementals (Crystal and Mimic) and have an easy one shot kill (Gorgon and Mimic).

willRules
I have two people on my team and I reckon the can take the FF.

Team

Leech
Punisher

inamilist
blackheath + asthma = smilesmile for me

seriously IW is a huge advantage for the FF, most of the others I can think of ways to counteract them, hell, Iron Man should give any other member of the FF a run for their money, hell, even man-thing could arguably stalemate reed and thing

thats why i likes them pollen spores, so unorthodoxed and nobody has a proper defense against them.... stick out tongue

spetznaz
Originally posted by inamilist
blackheath + asthma = smilesmile for me

seriously IW is a huge advantage for the FF, most of the others I can think of ways to counteract them, hell, Iron Man should give any other member of the FF a run for their money, hell, even man-thing could arguably stalemate reed and thing

thats why i likes them pollen spores, so unorthodoxed and nobody has a proper defense against them.... stick out tongue

Is the character on your sig Cthulthu?

inamilist
Is the character on your sig Cthulthu?

nope, that is man-thing

spetznaz
Originally posted by inamilist
nope, that is man-thing

smile
Thanks for the correction.

batdude123
As for me...

I would have:

Bishop (So he could suck up all of the cosmic rays and make a STRONG BLAST)
Storm
Iron Spider-man
Iceman

I think my team would beat the Fantastic Four after a pretty good battle.

inamilist
smile
Thanks for the correction.

respect man-thing shifty

thanks for mentioning Cthulthu, its kinda wacky, with the entire mythos and what have you... had never heard of it before smile

inamilist
My team

Blackheath
Longshot
Domino
Lifeguard

batdude123
bump...

MrHeavySilence
Black Panther
Deathstroke
Joker (He'd just be a fun villain for the FF)
Batman

Brains over brawn...except Joker lol

King_Mungi
I can't remember was Windshear banned?

grey fox
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
^ You put Glom in there just so he could eat things, didn't you?

Damn straight big grin

Thunderstrike
Glom is definately THE MOST RANDOM MEMBER OF THE SHI'AR GUARD!

grey fox
My team would consist of:

Super-Skrull
Crystal
Gorgon (Wolverine enemy)
a blank 616 Mimic

They would be able to match the FF in every area (as the Super-Skrull and Mimic would each have the power of all of the FF). They also have two powerful elementals (Crystal and Mimic) and have an easy one shot kill (Gorgon and Mimic).

I was going to pick Gorgon but i opted for GG instead , it would be too easy if he could just turn everyone to stone straight away....

leonheartmm
it cant be done with those limitations.

your talkin about human torch, whose nova blast can destroy asteroids and entire atmospheres, n invisible woman, who regularly takes galactus's cosmic blasts and killed a celestial one and blew a whole throuhg galactus's chest.

Scarecrow756
Well lets see.

My Team
Batman
Nightwing
Captain Amerca
Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.