KMC's Premiership Player of the Year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Who do you think has been the best player this season?

(I've based my shortlist on the PFA's choices for Players' Player of the Year)

Obviously, this thread won't be closed as there are multiple NBA polls of this ilk.

Vote. It is the only way.

Click here for a lovely article on the PFA's choices!

T.M
my vote goes to Rooney.. I think he has been outstanding this year.. and he has influenced games more and more as the season has gone on..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, he has been great.

He's also up for the PFA Young Player of the Year award, along with Darren Bent, Cristiano Ronaldo, Anton Ferdinand, Aaron Lennon and Cesc Fabregas.

That's a great list, too. It's tough to choose between ol' Shrek-face and Cesc-face, though. If the votes were cast a month ago, then it would probably be in the bag for the Roonster. If they are still being cast, then Cesc's performance against Juve will probably boost him up a bit. Love-a-duck.

Df02
id probably say John Terry.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by T.M
my vote goes to Rooney.. I think he has been outstanding this year.. and he has influenced games more and more as the season has gone on..

Well, before he scored against Newcastle the man's spell was leaner than Calista Flockhart. (I think it was Newcastle anyway. Whoever he scored two against not long ago)

I'd go with Thierry. No-one particularly stands out from that bunch; it just seems to be the safe choices this season.

For me, they're all reasonably worthy except Joe Cole. Giving it to him is the equivalent of giving Student of the Year to the class **** who worked hard for a few weeks, rather than the people who are always like that.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Df02
id probably say John Terry.

If that's the case, why did you vote for Joe Cole?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
No-one particularly stands out from that bunch; it just seems to be the safe choices this season.

Apart from the nominees, who do you think should be on the list?

Alpha Centauri
Awnree.

-AC

Deano
i vote for grunt.

rooney

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's no surprise, Deano. You actually look a bit like him.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Apart from the nominees, who do you think should be on the list?

No-one, really. It's been a pedestrian season for that kind of thing.

Maybe Pascal Chimbonda.

Joe Cole is 20-1 outsider. That's got to be worth a bet, seeing as it's fellow players voting.

Rooney hasn't produced consistently this season. He's been in form lately, and people seem to have lost their memory while absorbing the reams of ejaculate spurted forth by the tabloids.

Df02
If that's the case, why did you vote for Joe Cole?

i havent actually voted yet...

now i have

Deano
That's no surprise, Deano. You actually look a bit like him.

thats like saying beckham looks like sol campbell

Df02
Originally posted by Deano

after the Portsmouth game Campbell (judas) looked like he'd gone a few rounds with Tyson

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Deano

Probably stretched that a bit too far.

Deano
as did he my friend

GCG
Originally posted by T.M

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Rooney has played in every ManU Premiership match this season.

bloodboy
I don't think he has

John Terry get's my vote

BuzzKiller
As much as it pains me to say this it would have to be either Henry or Terry. Both are the best at what they do. I know Henry is significantly better at home than on the road but still he is fantastic. Terry is a rock in that defense and is one of the major reasons Chelsea's defense is so incredible. Either is a good choice. We will see how good Arsenal are next year if Henry leaves. I hope he does not leave he makes the Premier League better by being there.

mechmoggy
Henry gets my vote, he's in a different class.

Victor Von Doom
Something to think about:

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I always think of Makelele as a poor man's Vieria.

Victor Von Doom
I always think of Makelele as a poor man's Vieria.

They're not really similar- Vieira is more in the Gerrard or Keane mould.

Makelele is basically the first and often last line of defence/ attack frustration.

Deano
id rather makelele protect the back four than vieira. he is much better at it

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think they share some similar qualities. You could get away with having Vieria or Makelele. In which case, I would choose Vieria. Makelele is a good player though.

Victor Von Doom
I think they share some similar qualities. You could get away with having Vieria or Makelele. In which case, I would choose Vieria. Makelele is a good player though.

I think I'd rather play them together. Makelele shielding, Vieira venturing forwards. Either way, if France bring their top form, some people are going to be in for a shock.

pr1983
Out of those i'd say rooney, though i think a few others should be considered... darren bent for showing everyone he can cut it at the top level... robbie keane has had a resurgance big time since being made captain of spurs, carrick wasn't half bad either... fabregas has done well too... xabi alonso for all his brilliance has been too sporadic imo... cole and gerrard shouldnt be listed at all imo...

i wouldnt say henry, imo he's been poor outside of the champions league, and seems to be believing the hype about him big time... terry was good, solid as usual... lampard has had a weaker season than previously imo, so i wouldnt put him in this year...

Alpha Centauri
The hype of Henry is that he can come on and turn a losing situation into a not-losing situation, as we saw against Tottenham. Or turn a normal situation into a winning one from nothing, as we saw against Real Madrid.

-AC

pr1983
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The hype of Henry is that he can come on and turn a losing situation into a not-losing situation, as we saw against Tottenham. Or turn a normal situation into a winning one from nothing, as we saw against Real Madrid.

-AC

yet he did nothing against man u... he seems to only bother when it suits him...

my brother was at the arsenal v man u game, he's supported arsenal for years, and he used to idolise henry (he'd watched him score that great goal against ireland), and even he can't stand henry anymore... henry seems to be of the impression that he's bigger than the team, and thats a pretty bad attitude to have...

Alpha Centauri
I don't think he's got that attitude at all, I think he knows he's a team player. I just don't think he has lost sight of the fact that he is one of the very best, if not the best, in the world and so he shouldn't.

The man has scored 29 goals this season, assisted many more. Can hardly say he's doing nothing. He's a player, he has bad games. Like any player, he has moments where he could do better, but that doesn't change the kind of player he is.

-AC

pr1983
I don't think he's got that attitude at all, I think he knows he's a team player. I just don't think he has lost sight of the fact that he is one of the very best, if not the best, in the world and so he shouldn't.

The man has scored 29 goals this season, assisted many more. Can hardly say he's doing nothing. He's a player, he has bad games. Like any player, he has moments where he could do better, but that doesn't change the kind of player he is.

-AC

well our opinions do differ on what kind of player he is... stick out tongue

i do think he has that attitude, and has had it for most of this season... van nistelrooy has scored plenty of goals this season too, but i don't think anyone can say he's had a good season...

Alpha Centauri
I never said he's had a good season, I said at 29 goals you can hardly say he's doing nothing.

If he does nothing for a whole game and then takes a couple of seconds to manifest a game changing piece of play, he's done enough.

-AC

pr1983
I never said he's had a good season, I said at 29 goals you can hardly say he's doing nothing.

If he does nothing for a whole game and then takes a couple of seconds to manifest a game changing piece of play, he's done enough.

-AC

My bad...

I agree that if he did do that, it'd be enough, but as far as i can remember he's failed to do it more times than he did... granted he made a very important contribution against madrid, and in europe in general, its just as far as the premiership goes, from what i've seen half the time he just doesn't seem bothered by the whole thing...

Alpha Centauri
Well I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find a premiership fan who has seen Henry since his early days at Arsenal and have them deny that he is, more or less, what people say he is.

-AC

pr1983
Well I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find a premiership fan who has seen Henry since his early days at Arsenal and have them deny that he is, more or less, what people say he is.

-AC

Oh, i agree... he's come a long, long way since juventus... he's capable of creating some of the most sublime football of modern years, and is easily in the top three in the world, but what i have a problem with is his willingness and his attitude... i think in seasons gone by he's been only too willing to give his all, but this season i think he's stalled somewhat... he seems to be distracted, or just not as interested as he used to be...

if we're voting on ability then henry is a shoe in (sp?), but on form i don't think he's been as good as he can be on enough occasions...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So, ol' Gerrado picked up the PFA Player of the Year award, and ol' Roonaldo got the Young un' award.

Click here, if you must...

Uh, here too, if you really have to...

I thought it was gonna be Henry and Fabregas, but I guess they took into consideration Arsenal's lowly position in the Premiership...

Victor Von Doom
Good season and bad season is basically fuelled by media hype, or some kind of nebulous factor that doesn't actually exist.

Saying Rooney has had a good season and Henry a bad one is a bit mental, because they are both strikers, and Henry has outstripped him in goalscoring terms. Henry has a higher pass success rate. More assists.

I'm not sure exactly what Rooney has over him, except for media dribble over his genitalia.

(What happened there was, I deliberately left the initial pronoun ambiguous. Further explanations can be found on the net).

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Peculiar semantic issues aside, Rooney won the Young Player of the Year award because he's...young. Henry didn't because he's...old. I think that's how it works anyway...

I'd say a good season in the Premiership is being placed 4th or above.

mechmoggy
Anything outside of the relegation zone is preferable.

'Mon you Villa boys! big grin

bloodboy
West Ham for FA cup

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That makes sense.

T.M
If it was up to me I would have named Rooney PFA Player Of The Year.. and Aaron Lennon Young Player Of The Year..

I am a big fan of Lennon and think he has played very well this season.

Victor Von Doom
Peculiar semantic issues aside, Rooney won the Young Player of the Year award because he's...young. Henry didn't because he's...old. I think that's how it works anyway...

Certainly. Although... I was referring to the playeral choicage of some of the denizens of this here thread; not the results of the awards.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Aha, I see. I voted for Henry. He's a bunch of d*cks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.