Nightwing One Year Later

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wuTa
Has anyone been reading this? he's my favorite DC charactor but this new writing team is making him look like such a wimp ableit devin grayson wasn't as good as chuck dixon she still did a better job than this, they're pretty much revamping his whole charactor, and not for the better, they're making him look like a complete p#ssy, and in the meantime making jason todd look better than grayson, ****in ridiculous....they should just bring back chuck dixon, and have him write the nightwing solo series again, thank god we still have The Outsiders

Murda Mase
Outsiders write him real good I think.

And Todd is better then Greyson.stick out tongue

Validus
I went over this in a another thread. Bruce Jones isn't even a bad writer but he doesn't get Nightwing at all.

olympian
Jason Tood is taking numberssss

Me likes it.

Besides dont be so analitical, Grayson did mentioned to be out of shape.

Validus
Originally posted by olympian
Jason Tood is taking numberssss

Me likes it.

Besides dont be so analitical, Grayson did mentioned to be out of shape.
He spent 52 training with Tim and Bruce and the Outsiders have been operating. No way he can be that out of shape and acting that boneheaded.

olympian
Its one year later, isent it?

And he did stated it. Ill take it for granted so far.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
I went over this in a another thread. Bruce Jones isn't even a bad writer but he doesn't get Nightwing at all. How can you tell from one issue?

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
How can you tell from one issue?
Two issues and for the record I don't think he's being written all that well in Outsiders either seeing as he's taken to killing people now. These two along with the Mob storyline make it clear his character is being changed into some James Bond style hero/spy. That would be great if this was a Roy Harper comic book.

Wally West
I don't like Nightwing OYL erm Although its not like his book has been that good for a while now sad

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Outsiders write him real good I think.

And Todd is better then Greyson.stick out tongue

Disagree! (if I could sing that on here I would every time.)

Knightfall93
Grayson should KILL Todd!

Juntai
Originally posted by Wally West
I don't like Nightwing OYL erm Although its not like his book has been that good for a while now sad I think his book has kicked tail for some time, its one of the few I look forward to reading every time.. its been the outsiders ive been dissapointed with lol

Knightfall93
I hvent read Nightwing at all really, only graphic ovels. The last Nightwing comcis I read were the old miniseries that came out even before his full series. Where he went to Kravia...

wuTa
How can you tell from one issue?

like Validus said, its two issues, and from the direction both books have been going, you can easily tell they are not giving or planning on giving grayson his justice, they are protraying todd as a better nightwing than the man who IS nightwing

Originally posted by Validus
He spent 52 training with Tim and Bruce and the Outsiders have been operating. No way he can be that out of shape and acting that boneheaded.

exactly, he is being portrayed as some moranic kid who is just starting to fight crime, not a seasoned hero who is gettting back into fighting crime

Juntai
I said that on the 12th, before I picked up my issues.
Todd was being portrayed as Batman's equal or better for the last couple years, it's doesn't take a very far-fetched imagination to see him being a bit better than Nightwing.

wuTa
thats kinda my point, it does take far-fetch imagination to have todd as a better nightwing..... before grayson got some shit writing he was being portrayed in the same light as todd is now, thats why i like the outsiders with Winick writing him, he protrays him like he should be portrayed, Nightwing has been a superhero since what, age 12?...he stepped out of batmans shadow on his and and has made a name for himself, and was portrayed in the same light as batman, he takes a year off and now he's some dumbass who can't even fight?.........Todd because a hero at the around 13 or 14 than dies, keep in mind while he's dead grayson is fighting crime and is on track at becoming at better superhero than batman himself, than years later todd comes back and is one big badass who is portryaed near batman's level but grayson takes one year off, comes back, and he's portayed as a retard

Juntai
Originally posted by wuTa
thats kinda my point, it does take far-fetch imagination to have todd as a better nightwing..... before grayson got some shit writing he was being portrayed in the same light as todd is now, thats why i like the outsiders with Winick writing him, he protrays him like he should be portrayed, Nightwing has been a superhero since what, age 12?...he stepped out of batmans shadow on his and and has made a name for himself, and was portrayed in the same light as batman, he takes a year off and now he's some dumbass who can't even fight?.........Todd because a hero at the around 13 or 14 than dies, keep in mind while he's dead grayson is fighting crime and is on track at becoming at better superhero than batman himself, than years later todd comes back and is one big badass who is portryaed near batman's level but grayson takes one year off, comes back, and he's portayed as a retard Todd's been alive and training since a month after he died. He was also dunked in the Lazarus pit.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by wuTa
thats kinda my point, it does take far-fetch imagination to have todd as a better nightwing..... before grayson got some shit writing he was being portrayed in the same light as todd is now, thats why i like the outsiders with Winick writing him, he protrays him like he should be portrayed, Nightwing has been a superhero since what, age 12?...he stepped out of batmans shadow on his and and has made a name for himself, and was portrayed in the same light as batman, he takes a year off and now he's some dumbass who can't even fight?.........Todd because a hero at the around 13 or 14 than dies, keep in mind while he's dead grayson is fighting crime and is on track at becoming at better superhero than batman himself, than years later todd comes back and is one big badass who is portryaed near batman's level but grayson takes one year off, comes back, and he's portayed as a retard Since when was Nightwing a btter hero than Batman?

willRules
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Since when was Nightwing a btter hero than Batman?

At the rate he is going he will easily outclass Bruce.......

Knightfall93
Nah, Bruce could whup his soddin' baby arse. He wasnt even trying and whupped Dick in Bruuce Wayne: Murderer? I have nothing against Nightwing, but he still is no match for the Brucernator!

willRules
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Nah, Bruce could whup his soddin' baby arse. He wasnt even trying and whupped Dick in Bruuce Wayne: Murderer? I have nothing against Nightwing, but he still is no match for the Brucernator!

I agree for the moment thats why I said at the rate he is going he will outclass Bruce Nightwing has been a hero for longer and learnt from the best, Bruce himself.............

Knightfall93
Yeah, misunderstood you, didnt read carefully nough... sorry... tired... must sleep... need caffeine...

willRules
big grin

Knightfall93
mad big grin

Validus
Todd's been alive and training since a month after he died. He was also dunked in the Lazarus pit.
It's not like Dick has been sitting on his thumb for 15 years. None of that training should even come close to putting him on the level of someone who has actual field experience of leading the Titans and Outsiders against threats like Trigon, Brother Blood, the Fearsome Five, etc. Actual experience is way, way underrated in comic books.

Even still, a Dick Grayson/Jason Todd feud could be one of the best things to happen to Nightwing in a long time if they play it right. The story potential is out of this world.

wuTa
and lets not forget that dick grayson has been on his won for the last 6 years fighting his own villians in bludhaven, AND batmans villians in hush and no man's land, but a lazarus dip and a month's training puts todd on the same level?........i agree with your post but the keyword there is "if" they play it right....i actaully like jason todd, i loved him as the red hood, i just don't like how they are making him into another nightwing, not original at all, he was just fine as the red hood....even tho the joker was the red hood before, todd had a different costume than the joker, he became a better redhood than the joker, he finally had his own persona. but now this is the 2nd time he is leaching off grayson, 1st he leaced off his robin persona, and now his nightwing persona....why not just start killing him dick grayson jr. and leach off him completely

Syndicate_Lord
LOL... he was always a BS Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.