Monsters, Inc. 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TXPyroTechie
WARNING!!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE

DO NOT READ ON UNLESS YOU DON"T CARE ABOUT BLOWING THE SUPRISE

I have recently heard rumors of a possible Monsters Inc 2.

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

The story picks up twenty years later. Boo is all grown up, and has a family of her own. She runs a toy company that makes stuffed animals. One night, one of the monsters comes into her little girls room to do their normal comedy routine, and sees a stuffed toy of Sullivan (which Boo made from her childhood memories). He reports back to Sully what he found, and he goes through the door to see for himself.

When he enters the room, grown up Boo is asleep on her daughters bed, and groggily awakes just long enough to see "Kitty?" Sully jumps back into the closet, and runs off the laugh-floor, leaving the door "hot".

She follows him in, only to find herself in the plant. She looks around thinking, "This place looks familiar."

Sorry, that's all I've heard.

Any one else got anything on this?

nick1811
you got a link?

ladygrim
no expression sounds dodgy if u ask me

InnerRise
I'm looking forward to Monster Inc. 2, whether the above story line is true or not.

is it comprehensible.....

avocade
You can be sure that, if Lasseter and the gang feel that they have a solid enough story to make a sequel, they will do it. But never before that.

With the recent acquisition by Disney, Pixar now have the status required to take on or don't give a shit about any project they want.

ilovedaniel
Where did you hear this rumour? Anyway im looking forward to there being a second one because i loved the first one. stick out tongue Boo is soo sweet when she's young.

POTC ship rat
From a friend of mine who is a former Disney music department employee. I have pumped him/her for more info, but this is all they have at the moment. They are still in contact with friends on the inside, so they will try to get some spy info out for me a.s.a.p.

Wolfie
The Incredibles is the only Pixar movie which I'd look forward to a sequel for.

InnerRise
I'm looking forward to a sequel to "The Incredibles" also.

That's my favorite movie of all time.

faille
If they really release a number 2 it has been a loooong time.
Personally i dont think they will do it, but you never know.

harppie brother
i never thought that it will be a #2 of it.

Renamon
Strange.... disney hasnt released any, and i mean ANY, info on even thinking on monsters inc 2. the way the story ended wasnt much of a cliff hanger like most disney storys.

Prince Nauj
that sounds dumb!! Plus I Heard there making finding nemo 2 or the incredibles 2 instead

Renamon
now... incredibles TWO will be cool... Revenge of the underminor or someting like that.. will be soooo goood drool

Prince Nauj
^^ heres a napkin for all the drooling hehe stick out tongue

BackFire
As much as I adore the first Monsters Inc, a sequel isn't really in order. The story was wrapped up and just doesn't need a sequel.

An Incredibles sequel would be more reasonable.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Renamon
now... incredibles TWO will be cool... Revenge of the underminor or someting like that.. will be soooo goood drool
if the do make an Incredibles 2
i don't think the underminer would be the main badguy.
for 2 reasons
1- he was created using they're background character templete
2- They already made a game using him as a badguy.
I think they may start with something new and fresh. Cause heros like them have many evil Nemisis. and Underminor does'n't seem that much of an evil villian erm
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
that sounds dumb!! Plus I Heard there making finding nemo 2 or the incredibles 2 instead
I'm not really going for a Finding nemo2 either. but if they did make a two, would they have a new title for it? you can't really call it "Finding nemo 2" cause i highly doubt Nemo would go missing again.
Originally posted by Renamon
Strange.... disney hasnt released any, and i mean ANY, info on even thinking on monsters inc 2. the way the story ended wasnt much of a cliff hanger like most disney storys.
there's no point releasing details if your not definate about releasing the movie.
you need to at least have some idea about where the movie is heard first. Some ideas drafted until you have something almost solid enough to work and be release.
Unlike other animation companies, Pixar actually puts a bit of quality into their work.
not just into the animation but also the story. That's why pixar is more successful then many others out there.

Prince Nauj
^^ agreed big grin

partonsd
It would be cool we all know that, just hope it happens

coolmovies
whens it comming out ??

TXPyroTechie
My insider hasn't given me any new details lately other than it has been bounced around the table some. Kai Lein will be thrilled to learn that The Incredibles has been more of a hot topic around Pixar than Monsters 2, so maybe, just maybe, there is a Incredibles 2 out there being pieced together.

Sorry, I've been out of the country on other projects, lost my laptop to a baggage handler in South Africa, and just couldn't find the time to sit down and play on the desktop computer until today. It takes a while to dig through 15,000 e-mails covering several months. Only ten were real, the rest were for free ringtones, ebay workers needed, and twenty different banks wanting me to update my account. Since Al Gore claims to have invented the internet, maybe he should fix it.

Lyna303
Originally posted by TXPyroTechie
WARNING!!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

The story picks up twenty years later. Boo is all grown up, and has a family of her own. She runs a toy company that makes stuffed animals. One night, one of the monsters comes into her little girls room to do their normal comedy routine, and sees a stuffed toy of Sullivan (which Boo made from her childhood memories). He reports back to Sully what he found, and he goes through the door to see for himself.

When he enters the room, grown up Boo is asleep on her daughters bed, and groggily awakes just long enough to see "Kitty?" Sully jumps back into the closet, and runs off the laugh-floor, leaving the door "hot".

She follows him in, only to find herself in the plant. She looks around thinking, "This place looks familiar."

is this true?

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Lyna303
is this true?

Kayne Archeron
i actually enjoyed Monster's Inc. more than Incredibles... here's hoping the sequel doesn't screw things up

coolmovies
ya it was funny laughing

InnerRise
It was also very sad at the end. The first numerous amount of times I watched it (and I'd watch it like 3 times a day, which was very recently, like last year sometimes b/c that's when I first purchased it and watched it for the first time) I cried at the end every single time. I think I've only watched it 2,3 or 4 times without crying. My eyes still may have gotten a little watery.

Tyranno-Chris
Originally posted by TXPyroTechie
WARNING!!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

20 years? That won't be the same.

zxis
I sent a fax to Pixar telling them my idea for Monsters Inc. 2 and I told them I did not want any money or credit if they liked it.

The story takes off with waternoose and Randal escaping from jail to make Sully and Mikey pay and to rob the human world of the most powers source of energy (Rock Concerts) would have many rock star guest getting them energy stolen and many concerts ending with no sound and it is up to Sully Mikey and teenage Boo to put the Rock back in Rock Concerts and put Waternoose and Randal back in jail for pirating energy from with in the human world.

Well all I got was a very nasty letter telling me to not send any more faxes I only sent the one Wow I was only trying to help.

Lucky

pizzaman265
i loved the 1st one..and i heard they are making a #2 also

crazy cutie
hey disneys pixsar heres some stuff you could put in it: after boo finds out where she is she dicides to show here daughter but when shes goes to the door she sees mr.waternous and some evil monsters kidnaping rose and taking here to the human world. mr.waternous says he has no choice but to kill rose and says we wants to drop here from the empire stste building. can boo,mikey and sully save before it's to late.

bsdman
Actually all this is incorrect - the OP is a hacker wanting to be creative and wanting some attention. I have direct knowledge of the situation (you'll just have to trust me). "Monsters Inc. 2", as all Pixar movies, was addressed in the upper levels of Pixar creative and executive management twice - once in the summer of 2004 and re-touched again in the Spring of 2006. There were two story lines that were considered - one was involving Boo just a few days after Monsters Inc went on-line with the laughter as energy switchover - a more traditional approach. The other story line was more "out there" - a prequil to Monsters Inc. - it involved how the monsters discovered human child screaming enegy thing came to be. No Sully and no Mike, and certainly no Boo - a young Roz was mentioned as playing a role, however. Both of these story lines were scratched, as creatively neither could touch the "magic" or originality of the original, and consequently all efforts to build a story for "Monsters Inc 2" were abandoned by summer '06 as I recall. They felt there was a risk in creating Monsters Inc 2 that other Pixar movies (Incredibles & Toy Story) don't have - meaning there's is a built in story line that allows for further story telling. Monsters Inc didn't have that story telling continuum - it ran it's course. No link. No way to verify this, except if Pete decided to speak. Take it or leave it.

Kero_Co
Four Words: The Black Cauldron 2.

wasps21
hi

TheSab17
I think it could happen since thay are making a Toy Story 3 which is confirmed to come out in 2010

TheSab17
Originally posted by crazy cutie
hey disneys pixsar heres some stuff you could put in it: after boo finds out where she is she dicides to show here daughter but when shes goes to the door she sees mr.waternous and some evil monsters kidnaping rose and taking here to the human world. mr.waternous says he has no choice but to kill rose and says we wants to drop here from the empire stste building. can boo,mikey and sully save before it's to late.

It's a childrens movie they would not try to kill her

scotch
guys there will be a monsters inc 2 and finding nemo 2 just read this I'm not kidding by the I loked it up a website said don't expect incredibles 2 soon

If you told me a year ago that Disney and Pixar would be on the verge on patching up their differences and signing a new production deal together, I'd pat you gently on the head, call you a wide-eyed dreamer and have the men in white suits come to take you away. But now, in retort, you could say, "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." It seems that indeed Pixar and Disney are close to renewing their distribution deal that would keep the lucrative animation house at Disney for the forseeable future. Most everything has been agreed to with the exception of one sticking point: Circle 7. What exactly is Circle 7, you ask? That's the code name of the not-so-secret animation department within Disney that has been looking to produce in-house sequels to Pixar movies (like TOY STORY 3, which is already in development) without the input of Pixar's creative gurus. Pixar is notorious for being fiercely protective of their films but Disney has the right, through their first contract, to spin-off the films as they see fit. In fact, the studio is also working on FINDING NEMO 2 and MONSTERS, INC. 2, one of which they hope to greenlight soon. The new Pixar/Disney deal likely wouldn't halt production on any of these sequels but would give Pixar some sort of creative control, which wasn't allowed under the Michael Eisner era. The next Pixar film, and the last under the former contract, hits theaters in summer and they're already hard at work on their next film, a secretive project about a rat living in a Parisian restaurant.

meanlilangel17
I can't wait till monsters inc 2 comes out my little niece bugged me with the first one and I started to watch it. I love the movie now. My son is only 4 1\2 months old and he already loves it. So when the 2nd one comes out he'll finally have something new to watch... I think the 2nd one sounds good if thats really what happens!

Rainscape
Monsters INC 2 will come out Nov. 2 2012 and the plot right now is "Mike and Sully in their collage days" This come from IMDb.com
Full source here: imdb.com/title/tt1453405/

More info:

"After nearly a decade away, the furry freaks Sulley and Mike are to return to the task of not-really-frightening children. Disney-Pixar has announced a sequel to Monsters Inc, the 2001 movie that became the eighth highest grossing animation of all time, taking $256m (£167m). The new film will appear in cinemas in November 2012. In the meantime, two other Disney-Pixar sequels will reach the screen – Toy Story 3 this summer and Cars 2 next year.

Sequels and spin-offs look set to dominate the animation market in the immediate future. As well as the Disney-Pixar trio, DreamWorks premiered Shrek Forever After in 3D at the Tribeca film festival this week, and Antonio Banderas has confirmed that his Puss in Boots character is to get his own vehicle, due for release next year. Shrek 2, Shrek the Third and Shrek are, respectively, the No 1, No 4 and No 6 grossing animations in history, taking a combined total of $1.03bn. Shrek Forever After, in which the green ogre is tricked by Rumpelstiltskin and finds himself in an alternate Far Far Away, is released in the UK on 9 July.

Two other animated sequels are also in production. DreamWorks has a third Madagascar film slated for release in 2012, while the Weinstein Company is working on a followup to Hoodwinked, the Red Riding Hood retelling that took $110m worldwide against an estimated budget of only $15m."
Source: guardian.co.uk/film/2010/apr/23/monsters-inc-2

moggo09
come out or no ?

lilshogun
It's a Prequel from what I hear called Monster's University

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.