Who are Marvels top three

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
You know since Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman are DC's top three characters, who are marvels.

I think they would be spiderman, Captain america, and the Hulk

Spideys Sister
Spiderman, Car and Iron man.. That dude is rich and BA!

AJ4LIFE
right the first time spidey hulk and cap

who do u think is marvels top 7

nathan summers
Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America.

inamilist
id say wolvie spidey hulk

but it certainly is a toss up on the last one

hurray for movies and marketing trends

AJ4LIFE
worlvy over cap yeah right,
the top 7 are cap spidey hulk ironman namor thor worlverine

NoFate007
The top:

Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man

inamilist
im assuming we are talking about popularity and not ability, thats why wolverine is #1

the market is heavily saturated with Wolvie smile and people still buy it like hotcakes

how many titles/movies/games/tshirts does cap have right now, then compare that to wolverine (or spiderman)

nathan summers
Originally posted by inamilist
im assuming we are talking about popularity and not ability, thats why wolverine is #1

the market is heavily saturated with Wolvie smile and people still buy it like hotcakes

how many titles/movies/games/tshirts does cap have right now, then compare that to wolverine (or spiderman)

thumb up

capt it up
Originally posted by inamilist

actauly spiderman has more titles then wolverine and is amrvel top selling comic

Juntai
Wolverine Spiderman and Captain America is Marvel's big three.
That's why there's even Lego sets involving those 3.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Juntai
Wolverine Spiderman and Captain America is Marvel's big three.
That's why there's even Lego sets involving those 3.
Spidey has more titles then even superman and batman............. smile

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Spiderman, Car and Iron man.. That dude is rich and BA! who's car?

Templares

No.

Such.

Thing.

In.

The closest thing that Marvel has to the Trinity would be the trio of its top teams: Avengers, Fantastic 4, and Xmen, all in all 20 plus characters.

Speaking as a Flash and GL fan, the idea of 3 characters receiving more push from the company than the rest, to the point of actually creating a title for it, is just plain GAY.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Templares

No.

Such.

Thing.

In.

The closest thing that Marvel has to the Trinity would be the trio of its top teams: Avengers, Fantastic 4, and Xmen, all in all 20 plus characters.

Speaking as a Flash and GL fan, the idea of 3 characters receiving more push from the company than the rest, to the point of actually creating a title for it, is just plain GAY.

Cosign. Marvel's never been about JUST the solo guys. The teams are a huge highlight.

Black Adam
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Spidey has more titles then even superman and batman............. smile

Really?

There's

Amazing,Friendly,Sensational ,Unlimited,Ultimate, Spider-girl,Marvel Adventures ,Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane

And If you want to count spinoffs Arana.

Any other Spidey title I'm missing?

Can anyone tell me if thats more then the bat and super books since I don't read them and I'm to lazy to look them up at the moment.

Swanky-Tuna
Some time ago some people were talking about this on another board and they came up with Spiderman, X-Men, Hulk as the closest thing to Marvel's most popular line-up to compared to DC's "big three".

inamilist
damn, thats so true, i guess spidey get the #1 spot smile

Validus
Originally posted by Black Adam
Really?

There's

Amazing,Friendly,Sensational ,Unlimited,Ultimate, Spider-girl,Marvel Adventures ,Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane

Can anyone tell me if thats more then the bat and super books since I don't read them and I'm to lazy to look them up at the moment.

Superman
Action
All Star

Batman
Detective
All Star

Superman/Batman

Black Adam
Originally posted by Validus
Superman
Action
All Star

Batman
Detective
All Star

Superman/Batman

Damn.

Thats a lot fewer then I expected.

willRules
popularity

Over all aspects including various merchandise? this order... spidey, wolverine, Hulk

In comics? this order......wolverine, spidey, x-men generally

Validus
Originally posted by Templares

No.

Such.

Thing.

In.

I agree though it only bothers me that one of those characters is Wonder Woman. Diana's great but I don't see why she's more important than someone like Alan Scott for instance.

jgiant
spidey, hulk, wolverine

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Black Adam
Really?

There's

There's Spider-man/Arana if that's what it's called I seen it today.

Black Adam
Originally posted by thesilverspider
There's Spider-man/Arana if that's what it's called I seen it today.

i think that was just a one shot.

Lucid Lui
In the actual MU it'd be Cap, Iron Man and Thor IMO.

Popularity wise, yeah, Spidey, X-Men and the Hulk.

Tron
DC's top three are characters that trust each other and other characters look up to. So, Marvel's top three would have to have the same attributes. So, that would mean Hulk and Wolverine probably wouldn't a part of that, but Cap and Spidey definitely would be, Cap especially.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Tron
DC's top three are characters that trust each other and other characters look up to. So, Marvel's top three would have to have the same attributes. So, that would mean Hulk and Wolverine probably wouldn't a part of that, but Cap and Spidey definitely would be, Cap especially.
If it was like that then the defenders fit the bill.

roughrider
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are DC's top three because they are the three most recognizable figures to everyday people. Captain Marvel would be fourth.
By these terms - who is the most commonly recognized, not just by comic fans - Marvel's top three is Spider Man, Hulk & Captain America.
Fourth is possibly Silver Surfer. He made it onto the cover of a 1970's album, by some band.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by roughrider
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are DC's top three because they are the three most recognizable figures to everyday people. Captain Marvel would be fourth.
By these terms - who is the most commonly recognized, not just by comic fans - Marvel's top three is Spider Man, Hulk & Captain America.
Fourth is possibly Silver Surfer. He made it onto the cover of a 1970's album, by some band.
That 4th is debatable for DC some may thinks its Green Lantern
(not John)............. roll eyes (sarcastic) Flash or even MM.
For me it would be MM he's always been the same guy and there's only one not like the GL's or the Flash's.

roughrider
The average person wouldn't recognize Green Lantern - Flash is a better bet. And Captain Marvel, you just say SHAZAM and everybody knows what you mean.

This was the record album I was thinking of.

DigiMark007
Spidey would have to be 1 in popularity. Not being biased, it's just an obvious fact. Wolverine has a lot of followers, but Spider-Man is more of a household name. Non-comic fans would be able to tell you something about him. Wolverin - not so much. That's the same thing that separates Supes from someone like GL. Even if they've heard of them, they don't know much about them.

So Spidey, Wolverine (just based on current trends), and then either Hulk/Cap. Though if you included teams rather than individuals, the order would probably be considerably different.

And as for DC's 4th, no way it's MM. No one outside of comics knows him. Flash is probably the best bet.

Validus
The average person wouldn't recognize Green Lantern - Flash is a better bet. And Captain Marvel, you just say SHAZAM and everybody knows what you mean.

This was the record album I was thinking of.
Everyone? Captain Marvel is not more popular than Flash, Green Lantern or even Supergirl who is quite an icon herself. The fact that his comic books can't even be called Captain Marvel kills his popularity.

Hal Jordan is the 4th icon for DC. They say so themselves. If going by public knowledge, it would be hard to argue against Robin (Dick Grayson). Robin is as well known as Batman and the most well known Robin is Dick.

roughrider
Robin is associated with Batman, like Catwoman & the Joker. Doesn't count here, if you ask me. Same with Supergirl - she's attached with Clark & all.

A lot of what makes characters popular is how much they've been seen in mass media. Supes & Bats have a dozen movies or so together, and numeorus animated & live-action television shows. Wonder Woman, people still remember the 1970's TV show. And Captain Marvel had his own live-action show on saturday mornings; that's how I got introduced to him. Just two years ago in the movie COLLATERAL, a character mentions SHAZAM to describe a situation. When your name becomes part of everyday language, you are a heavy part of culture. Same goes for Supes, Bats, WW, Spidey, Hulk, Cap, Conan, Flash & others. Actually, even Aquaman could be better known than Green Lantern.

Now, Marvel - Spidey had several animated shows and some tries at live-action TV before the movies. He's there for sure. The Hulk permanently jumped into the public's mind thanks to the Bill Bixby TV show. Cap isn't as widely read, but he's instantly recognizable, and his name has been used in places like MEN IN BLACK, EASY RIDER and Law & Order.
X-Men are close to joining this club, thanks to the appeal of the movies.

Validus
Robin is associated with Batman, like Catwoman & the Joker. Doesn't count here, if you ask me. Same with Supergirl - she's attached with Clark & all.

A lot of what makes characters popular is how much they've been seen in mass media. Supes & Bats have a dozen movies or so together, and numeorus animated & live-action television shows. Wonder Woman, people still remember the 1970's TV show. And Captain Marvel had his own live-action show on saturday mornings; that's how I got introduced to him. Just two years ago in the movie COLLATERAL, a character mentions SHAZAM to describe a situation. When your name becomes part of everyday language, you are a heavy part of culture. Same goes for Supes, Bats, WW, Spidey, Hulk, Cap, Conan, Flash & others. Actually, even Aquaman could be better known than Green Lantern.

I didn't say Aquaman wouldn't be better known than GL. He is because he's a huge joke in pop culture, same as Batman having a young ward named Dick. Everyone knows the story which is why they are icons even if it is for something negative like that. Marvel was an icon a long time ago but I do think if you showed the average person an image of him they'd think it was the Flash.

thesilverspider
Marvel was an icon a long time ago but I do think if you showed the average person an image of him they'd think it was the Flash.
It's true............... sad

Thunderstrike
Marvels top three:
Speedball
Squirrel Girl
Blob

big grin

Wally West
Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Hulk. Tell Marvel they could only keep three of their existing characters Spidey and Wolverine would definatly be picked, and they'd go for Hulk just because the character is so well known.

joesha28
In the past it's been Spidey, Wolvie and Hulk. Now i think Iron Man is sneaking in, not pushing out Hulk but rather Wolverine. I think Logan's losing his appeal.

Thunderstrike
He's all the movies have been based on. It's been Wolverine, Wolverine 2: The Return of Wolverine, now now 3 will be Wolverine and Colossus go hunting for Morlocks.

Knightfall93
Superman
Action
All Star

Batman
Detective
All Star

Superman/Batman Legends of the Dark Knight, Gotham Knights, Gotham Central JUST ended, do you count Robin, Nightwing and/or Catwoman? Batgirl just ended. Also, Batamn has at least 3 miniseries on at one time normally. Wolveine is still the fanboys fave. If you asked people in the outside world, Iron Man they might know of the animated show. Most people will have heard of Wolverine, even people who don't know much of X-Menm because he's EVERYWHERE in advertising. In the public, he's way better known. And how the Hell culd Shazam or MM be the 4th best known!? I think Flash would be, if you don't count Robin...

samishe
Spider-man, Hulk, Wolverine.

NWO
Spiderman, CA and probably the Hulk

Knightfall93
Spider-Man, Woleverine, Hulk

Juntai
Wolvie Spiderman and Cap, walk around Walmart/Meijers/Target and look at all their products of these 3 characters. The DC characters you'll notice on products is Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, but given his upcoming movie, Superman will soon dwarf all of them in available on shelf merchandise.

samishe
It's easy for me to judge. Here, in Russia a lot of people don't read comix at all, but still almost everyone know who are Spider-man, Hulk and Wolverine.

Knightfall93
Yeah, I thought so...

samishe
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Yeah, I thought so...

confused

Juntai
I assume that is because Captain AMERICA is a rather non profitable comic in your area or areas outside of the US, and they probably don't even print them in most other areas because of his comics vicariously through Cap himself give the impression America is good and righteous.

samishe
Originally posted by Juntai
I assume that is because Captain AMERICA is a rather non profitable comic in your area or areas outside of the US, and they probably don't even print them in most other areas because of his comics vicariously through Cap himself give the impression America is good and righteous.
Well actually they print but he's just not that popular.

Juntai
Originally posted by samishe
Well actually they print but he's just not that popular. I said "most other areas" they probably don't print it, and also said I couldn't imagine that he'd be popular.

Knightfall93
Yeah... most people outside your "great Nation" think he's kind of lame...

Mider
strange,
surfer
thor

Black Adam
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Yeah... most people outside your "great Nation" think he's kind of lame...

Who Called it a "great Nation" on this thread ?

Or is this you just trying to troll again?

Mr. Valentine
indeed, i like cap america, im english as well...hes a good icon for the avengers

streekz
i like cap america and im british, but as for top 3 characters it's pretty much 1. Spider-man 2. the Hulk 3. Wolverine.. thats who is most reconizable 3. but wolverine isn't as popular as the other 2..

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Mider
strange,
surfer
thor What?! Dude! Hell no. Everyone agrees on this right : Spiderman IS in the lineup. Now it's between The hulk CA and Wolvie. When was the last Siver surfer comic made, cause I haven't seen any lately, Spidey has God knows how many comics spanning from his name.

Mr. Valentine
lol its
Captain America
Spiderman
Wolverine

Wally West
Captain America is up there but for global popularity Hulk has him beat. Theres been way more cartoons/shows/movies/games/toys etc. for the Hulk over the years, I mean who wouldn't know what you were refering to if you said "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"? Hulk will always be above Cap in the pecking order.

Validus
Originally posted by Syndicate_Lord
Legends of the Dark Knight, Gotham Knights, Gotham Central JUST ended, do you count Robin, Nightwing and/or Catwoman? Batgirl just ended.
Those aren't Batman books so I don't see why they should be counted. Related sure but then you'd have to count stuff like New Avengers for Spider-Man and every Marvel comic for Wolverine.

For Marvel I'd go with Hulk, Spidey and Wolverine.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by capt it up
actauly spiderman has more titles then wolverine and is amrvel top selling comic

That's because Spidey is Marvels flagship title, like Superman is DCs.

Well to be technical, Batman is the flagship of DC...

For Marvel? Spidey, Wolverine, and either Iron Man or the Hulk. Cap is definetly in the top 7.

sapphiremouse

This was the record album I was thinking of. that's not 70's more like mid 80's

Creshosk
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Spidey would have to be 1 in popularity. Not being biased, it's just an obvious fact. Wolverine has a lot of followers, but Spider-Man is more of a household name. Non-comic fans would be able to tell you something about him. Wolverin - not so much. That's the same thing that separates Supes from someone like GL. Even if they've heard of them, they don't know much about them.

So Spidey, Wolverine (just based on current trends), and then either Hulk/Cap. Though if you included teams rather than individuals, the order would probably be considerably different.

And as for DC's 4th, no way it's MM. No one outside of comics knows him. Flash is probably the best bet. Yup yup.

Wolverine to my knowledge hasn't been the most popular halloween costume of any year. As far as that goes 2004 was the year of the spider.

Spiderman is the number one most popular character of Marvel.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Marvel+Wolverine&word2=Marvel+Spiderman

Remember if you try to make a different google fight to clearify the character, as "Wolverine" is pretty generic and can refer to things other than James "Logan" Howlett. Where as Spiderman will only either directly or indirectly mean Peter parker.

Wally West
This pic is pretty cool and generally goes along with who people have listed in this thread:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/Marvel.jpg

Etrigan
1. Spidey, he's their iconic character.

2. Hulk

3. Wolverine

littleredhat
Marvel hasn't had a "big three" since the forties. I'm talking about the first three popular Marvel characters two of which are still around today.

Namor
The Human Torch
Captain America

In my mind these will always be Marvels big three.

Murda Mase
That Human Torch died.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.