popeye vs karatie kid vs tick vs shan ci

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AJ4LIFE
who wins, i think i spelt ci right, or wtever, im serious now

Thunderstrike
Popeye.

AJ4LIFE
reasons...........

roughrider
Better debate quick, beofre the mods close another Popeye thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thunderstrike
Because of the sheer fact that one punch from him is gonna send someone sailing about 200 feet. Ouch.

AJ4LIFE
its a good idea battle of joke comics tough but joke guys apart from chang ci

Validus
KK is not a joke character.

AJ4LIFE
oh and him aswell lol

DigiMark007
Most random thread ever.

But to be serious:

The Tick's hella-invulnerable. And there's only a finite amount of spinach in the world. Shang-Chi would get owned by KK, so it's either KK or Tick. I'm a huge fanboy, so I'll side with my blue boy, but KK's a beast too.

AJ4LIFE
wow thats why digi is my favourite, u the man we missed u, wat if popey is loaded with spinach

DigiMark007
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
wow thats why digi is my favourite, u the man we missed u, wat if popey is loaded with spinach

I have yet to see a feat from Popeye that would phase the Tick, spinach or not (though admittedly, my knowledge of him is all tv show and pretty sketchy). He's just out of his league as I see it though. I'm thinking Tick would never hit KK, but KK would get tired of beating him down and him getting up, then they'd call it a draw and have BLT's together.

thesilverspider
Popeye is a matter manipulater and a reality warper.

AJ4LIFE
laughing pop would lose concious trying to hirt tick while karate kid is fighting chan then it com,es to tick vs chang and tick wins lol

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I have yet to see a feat from Popeye that would phase the Tick, spinach or not (though admittedly, my knowledge of him is all tv show and pretty sketchy). He's just out of his league as I see it though. I'm thinking Tick would never hit KK, but KK would get tired of beating him down and him getting up, then they'd call it a draw and have BLT's together.

How about punching a giant vulture (as big as a fishing boat ! ) so hard that it kills it , de-feathers it , and cooks it all at once !

AJ4LIFE
lol hi fox

grey fox
Mornin AJ

AJ4LIFE
hi we still freinds u havent spoke to me for while

if im depressed today people i was upa ll night and my bro might have meningitis so soz wat that do anyway

grey fox
If you check my newest thread you'll find out why i wasn't on , also i'm sorry about your brother

AJ4LIFE
its ok he might be fine, can they die, i know i havent spoke to u ages know so i was worried dont worry

Laminator_X
I doubt any of the above could do the Tick any lasting harm, but both Popeye and Karate Kid could at least knock him silly for a while.

Don't go counting Popeye out due to limited Spinach availability either. Even before he Hulks-out (or should we say the Hulk "Popeyes-out"wink he's capable of producing flames from his pipe hot enough to cut stone, running down stairs faster than a falling piano, and drilling through castle walls by spinning his body head first into it.

Truly, he is one tough gazookas.

Just the same, without the Spinach I think Karate Kid would take this. He did beat down that entire prison colony full of space-villains. Pops would definitely need spinach for a move like that.

(I hope your brother is OK, A.)

AJ4LIFE
thanks hes ok thanks for concern

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I couldn't have said it any better if I had wanted to, Digi. Tick is nigh-invulnerable and would just wear KK out trying to defeat him. But Tick would most likely not ever tough KK. Then they would cry "Spoooon!" out together, and get some grub at the diner. Arthur, American Maid, Deflater Mouse, and Sea Urchin can come, too.

Laminator_X
Remember, the Tick is only nigh-invulnerable. Karate Kid could probably tie him up into some kind of "human-knot" with crazy joint-lock attacks. Popeye could at-least knock him silly like the Caped Wonder did back in issue #2

Superherovandal
plus hasn't he hurt Superboy?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Remember, the Tick is only nigh-invulnerable. Karate Kid could probably tie him up into some kind of "human-knot" with crazy joint-lock attacks. Popeye could at-least knock him silly like the Caped Wonder did back in issue #2

Yeah, but no one knows what "nigh-invulnerable" actually means. By some strict definitions, someone like Juggernaut could be labeled nigh-invulnerable, because eventually something would hurt him (LT for example). wink

And the fact remains that he has yet to be physically harmed in a comic. He gets punched around a lot, but he's taken punishment that would own many Class 100'ers and been ok. Usually his weakness is something silly, or something like mind control....I have yet to see anyone actually hurt him with force.

Laminator_X
Certainly not, but I was imagining that immobilizing him or rattling to the point where he's staggering around ineffectually with spots in his eyesfor a while would constitute a win

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Certainly not, but I was imagining that immobilizing him or rattling to the point where he's staggering around ineffectually with spots in his eyesfor a while would constitute a win

Yeah, decent point. Probably why KK's the favorite here.

Murda Mase
How powerful is Tick?

Why didn't anybody do a respect thread on him?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Murda Mase
How powerful is Tick?

Why didn't anybody do a respect thread on him?

Because his comics are currently out of print and extrememly hard to come by. I'm about the closest you'll find to a true Tick fanboy on the forums (there's a few others, Tron among them), and even my collection is fairly pitiful.

But as for the first question, he's clearly at least Cl 100 based on a few strength feats, but probably not much more (I'd compare him to maybe 616 Colossus) and his durability is more than impressive. He once fell from a skyscraper head first, through a street, then got rammed full speed by a subway car underground....he was slightly dazed but not injured at all. Most herald-levelers would be fine with that too, but someone like Iron Man would get roughed up by that, and even some herald-types would be banged up a bit more than he was. I'd provide issue #'s if I could, but most of my Tick-reading is through second-hand sources and aren't things I own.

Of course, he's dumb as a rock, not too agile, and has an achilles heel with his antenna-thingies that control his balance (quick way to get him off balance...though it depends on who's writing him). But he has "SPPPPOOOOOOOOONN!" so that makes up for it.

cool

Laminator_X
He also once lost conciousness (end of issue #1, or was that issue #2 also?) due to oxygen deprivation whilst breathing through a straw for a minute or so. Some sort of choke or sleeper hold would probably be effective as well.

AJ4LIFE
WOW this is being tken very seresly i thought u would think it was a joke, i say tick takes it unless they all team up and go and nick loads of spinach

Laminator_X
I'll stand by either Karate Kid of Popeye. I don't think Popeye could take KK without spinach though.

Tick vs Popeye would definitely be amising. They could beat on eachother for a loooong time with niether one getting much more than stars around his head. W/O spinach, I'd give the edge to the Tick, as Popeye's probably less nigh to invulnerable than the Bg Blue Man. With spinach, Popeye probably takes Tick via ringout by knocking him to the horizon or something.

Base level, I'll go with Karate Kid, largely based on the space-prison feat. There were probably dudes on that rock as tough as the Tick.

AJ4LIFE
yeh pops gets a spare can of spinach to make it fair lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.