Astro Force vs. Other "Forces"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darksaint
I think the Astro Force, along with the Omega Force, are underrated. Both tap directly with the Source, which is basically all of the DC multiverse, and empowers every single being in it. Therefore, with greater control, the Astro and Omega Force are unlimited. Look what happened with Ion/Parallax who had the full power of the Oan battery, which just taps into a small part of the Source.

It would trump such other forces, for example like the Odin-Force(all of Asgard, which is just a single dimension/universe in Marvel).

In theory, the only "Force" that exceeds it is the Spectre force since it taps directly with the Presence.

I'm talking about full potential.

Discuss Happy Dance

grey fox
I can almost hear GS preparing the 'Phoenix Force PWNS all' essay.....

Thunderstrike
White Phoenix of the Crown, anyone?

Darksaint
Source >>>> Phoenix entity

I'm talking about a wielder/avatars of such powers. Phoenix trumps the Astro/Omega force, but only because of the greater manifestation of the Phoenix on it's wielders.

Sixth_Winged
Oh boy, i can't wait what happens when the Phoenix subject is brought along and GS sees this. big grin

Darksaint
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Oh boy, i can't wait what happens when the Phoenix subject is brought along and GS sees this. big grin

What's he gonna agrue? I already said the Phoenix force is greater than the Astro/Omega force because it manifests iteslf greater on its weilders.

If he is going to argue that the Phoenix entity itself is greater than the Source itself, then he is ****ing crazy.

grey fox
The power cosmic perhaps ?

leonidas
i tend to try and see these forces by degrees of seperation from the 'main' source' of power in the universes.

first, though, the omega effect is NOT directly related to the source. it stems from the infinity pit. it is a manifestation of the source -- as everything is in dc -- but it is not a direct manifestation, as the astro force is. hence, i think the astroforce is the greatest force in dc, equal to the spectre force. i'm NOT discussing the quantity of power`available, but rather it's origin. obviously spectre has MORE access to god's power than orion has, but it it's root, the powers are BOTH manifestations of 'god's' power.

i would say they are the same as the pf as well in marvel -- IF you believe that the pf is an extension of 'god's' power. i see the odinforce and power cosmic/power primordial, gem powers, etc . . . as LESS than a these other 3 forces because they are not DIRECT extensions of god's power. they stem from the universe, which was created with god's power, but they are manifestations of the universe, not 'god'. in this sense they are similar to the omeage effect.

the only other marvel force that may have that direct relationship is the hotu -- but that's only speculation.

i did a thread power cosmic v astroforce and there was some good discussion (nod of the cap to ill!) and proved to be a very entertaining and insightful thread.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Darksaint
Source >>>> Phoenix entity

I'm talking about a wielder/avatars of such powers. Phoenix trumps the Astro/Omega force, but only because of the greater manifestation of the Phoenix on it's wielders.

This thread is about how the power sources weigh up against each other, so why would anyone be referring to how an avatar of one force compares to another power source.

If you were to ask how i think the Phoenix Force weighs up to the Source then id argue that they equate to each other. They have the same roles in their respective multiverses. As stated on panel the Source is the Big Bang which brought DC creation into existence. The same hols true for the Phoenix Force in Marvel as has been stated many a time in Marvel as i have shown.

On top of that in an admittedly non canon crossover, it was suggested that the Phoenix Force and the Source were one and the same in their respective universes as a Phoenix manifestation was formed directly from Source energies and at the end of the comic it returned to the Source.

Thats all. big grin

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
This thread is about how the power sources weigh up against each other, so why would anyone be referring to how an avatar of one force compares to another power source.

If you were to ask how i think the Phoenix Force weighs up to the Source then id argue that they equate to each other. They have the same roles in their respective multiverses. As stated on panel the Source is the Big Bang which brought DC creation into existence. The same hols true for the Phoenix Force in Marvel as has been stated many a time in Marvel as i have shown.

On top of that in an admittedly non canon crossover, it was suggested that the Phoenix Force and the Source were one and the same in their respective universes as a Phoenix manifestation was formed directly from Source energies and at the end of the comic it returned to the Source.

Thats all. big grin I agree they do very well seem to be portrayed the same in most things I've seen of both.

Juntai
Adds some more credibility to the level Darkseid plays in as well.

I think you'll like these GS, you seem to appreciate Darkseid as a character.

Here The Source feels agony and can no longer keep Darkseid out.
http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f9143934jpgorig1oz.jpg
You'll notice Darkseid seems to be able to comprehend it, and isn't scared or driven away by the sight of it. Desaad throws his hands up in dispair it seems and even Granny Goodness turns around compltely,giving the idea she can't look either.

Battling Orion, the prize? Existance itself. The Source. The heart of creation.
http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newgods02082zd.jpg

Becoming... becoming.. becoming. smile
http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newgods02099ox.jpg

Juntai
Darkseid finds what is beyond the Source and sets his sights even higher.
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newgods07141vp.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Darkseid finds what is beyond the Source and sets his sights even higher.
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newgods07141vp.jpg

jun, how does this show he finds what is beyond the source? and where are these scans from?

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
jun, how does this show he finds what is beyond the source? and where are these scans from? Did you actually read what he said?

leonidas
embarrasment

oops. i DID read it, but somehow missed the bottom speech bubble in the middle panel . . .

but where is the scan from?

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
embarrasment

oops. i DID read it, but somehow missed the bottom speech bubble in the middle panel . . .

but where is the scan from? Orion's series I'm pretty sure, right after he reformed back in reality.

leonidas
not that series -- (not the most recent, simonson one) i have it in it's entirety. this may call for a bit of research . . . shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.