Star Wars: Empire of Dreams on A&E.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SS_181st_Snow
As I type, I'm watching Star Wars: Empire of Dreams on the A&E channel. This show is absolutly amazing, it explains how they created the OT. It's just..wow!!

BETPiece2010
It's also on the bonus features of the Original Trilogy DVD Collection from 2004. Yeah, I've watched it like 5 times. It is in some ways more interesting than the movies themselves- just because it makes the actors and other people seem like idiots!!!! stick out tongue

SS_181st_Snow
I knew it looked familiar! I only watched the bonus thing once, soo yeah lol. Phew.

Tangible God
I was watching that at te exact same time you were.

JaehSkywalker
we have a cd of that. i have watched it about 3-4 times already... its cool...

SS_181st_Snow
I am sooooooo glad they didn't use Prowse's voice as Vader. I mean, oh my god...that was just..ew..seriously. I'm sorry but it SUCKED.

Scarecrow756
Empire of Dreams is amazing. I am so glad also that David Prowse`s voice was not used for Vader because man he sounded so not Vader.

JaehSkywalker
of course... if they used his, vader won't be so, hmm, sinister anymore... he would sound like a gym trainer or something....

DarthBanevv
Star Wars would be horrible with Prowse's voice. George Lucas also said that he wanted to use Orson Wells as Vader's voice. How do you guys think that would have turned out?

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
Star Wars would be horrible with Prowse's voice. George Lucas also said that he wanted to use Orson Wells as Vader's voice. How do you guys think that would have turned out?

Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars w/o James Earl. I think Orson Wells would've done good too. JEJ did perfectly tho, and to me, the epitome of Star Wars IS Darth Vader. He used to be my number one villian, before the prequels came out atleast. But he still rocks.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by DarthBanevv

It wouldn't have been VAder. It wouldv'e wrecked Star Wars.

DarthLazious
I agree.

chinabing
I dunno, it would be fun to hear if Lucas got Welles to do some test voice overs. Welles had a great voice too.

JaehSkywalker
well, it woudn't have not been vader...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.