McFLY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

O Green World
Now, I know alot of you people like metal & rock etc, and you don't like McFLY because so many girls like em etc, well here's my explanation 4 it:
1. People like McFLY because they have a good sense of humour.
2. People like McFLY because they make good music (it makes sense, since their inspirations are the Beatles, Blink 182, Green Day, Lost Prophets)
3. Some people also like McFLY because they can make a good song using simple chords and without swearing.

In their first album, McFLY speak the minds of many teenage lads, in their second album however they speak from teh mind of a more older person, lol.
You know what i'd find really funny, if a metal band turns out to like McFLY, lol...

Don't ask me why i posted this, i just thought i'd prove a point...

Alpha Centauri
You did prove a point, thought likely not the one you had intended to prove.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by O Green World
Now, I know alot of you people like metal & rock etc, and you don't like McFLY because so many girls like em

Pr-probably not the reason people don't like them.

jaden101

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Who liked Broccoli as a teen? Well inaccurate.

-AC

nick1811

3. Some people also like McFLY because they can make a good song using simple chords and without swearing.

they're not good songs, and by using simple chords it just meeans theyre so shit at theyre instruments they cant play anyhting more difficult, and people dont like songs just because they may have some swear words in, they like them because they like the music

Piggle Humsy
I like McFly
and I think they do have good music..

and I like Korn
and I like Billie Holiday
and I like Nirvana
and I like Beach Boys
and I like Faith Hill
and I like RATM
and I like Manson
and I like Frank Sinatra

etc etc...

I probably like at least one or two songs from every single genre...

I don't think people should be judged by what they listen to...

shrug

Alpha Centauri
I don't judge PEOPLE by what they listen to, necessarily. I judge their music taste by what they listen to.

-AC

Ronny
messed Mcfly = Gross

Normally... people dont judge a band on their sence of humor unless it relates in sone way to their lyrics.. Like Tenacious D.

From what I have heard personally from MCfly. They suck.

mysterio69
i love mcfly!!!! the way he punched that bastard biff in the face for messin' with lorraine! oh man....good times.

O Green World
Originally posted by Ronny
messed Mcfly = Gross

Normally... people dont judge a band on their sence of humor unless it relates in sone way to their lyrics.. Like Tenacious D.

From what I have heard personally from MCfly. They suck.

Have you heard them sing Mr Brightside before? Or do the Killers suck too?

Originally posted by nick1811
they're not good songs, and by using simple chords it just meeans theyre so shit at theyre instruments they cant play anyhting more difficult

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA! lol!

Have you heard of a song called 'Pinball wizard'? if you search for the chords for it you'll see what they can do, lol.

Originally posted by jaden101
oh man...this aint gonna be pretty

you see there are several problems here

point 1...the sense of humour one...mmm...i'm led to believe that hitler was a good craic down the local...never really made him that good a politician though...neither does having a sense of humour make you a good musician...unless you're Bill Bailly

point 2: that kind of assumes that blink182, greenday, the beatles and the lost prophets make good music with which to be influenced by...did i just hear a bubble burst?... hell, britney spears could like listening to Hendrix or jeff buckley...would this make her music good

point 3: well we dont really need to delve to deeply into the "good songs" point...bit self evident really

as for the point about singing about what teenage boys think...cant say the following lyrics really ring true about what i was thinking when i was a teenager

Point 1: Some people like musicians who have bits of comedy in theirs songs(and videos)

Point 2: So, tell me, what IS wrong with McFLY's music then?

Point 3: Um, some boys like McFLY(*cough* me *cough*) and they like them for the music, it isn't easy to make it no1 you know, and girls aren't going to buy their CDs just because they look good roll eyes (sarcastic) ...

And for the last thing, it's about someone who decided to cook for their girlfriend, who decided to drop out once he had prepared the meal. And the Broccoli is probably a tiny bit of humour.

O Green World
Oh and btw, McFLY write THEIR OWN SONGS, unlike most bands today which pay OTHER PEOPLE to write them.

Alpha Centauri
You think McFly wrote Pinball Wizard you ignorant child. Leave.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Oh and btw, McFLY write THEIR OWN SONGS, unlike most bands today which pay OTHER PEOPLE to write them.

No, writing your own songs is the default. It's not an accolade.

So, tell me, what IS wrong with McFLY's music then?

As Anthony Kiedis said- if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Um, some boys like McFLY(*cough* me *cough*) and they like them for the music, it isn't easy to make it no1 you know

Yes, yes it is. Crazy Frog. Rap song with Crazy Frog style vocal, the name of which I forget. Barbie Girl.

We could go on. Number One isn't a stamp of good quality. It tends if anything to be the reverse.

and girls aren't going to buy their CDs just because they look good ...

Hahahahahahaha.

No, girls never do that.

Ronny
Have you heard them sing Mr Brightside before? Or do the Killers suck too?

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA! lol!

Have you heard of a song called 'Pinball wizard'? if you search for the chords for it you'll see what they can do, lol.

Point 1: Some people like musicians who have bits of comedy in theirs songs(and videos)

Point 2: So, tell me, what IS wrong with McFLY's music then?

Point 3: Um, some boys like McFLY(*cough* me *cough*) and they like them for the music, it isn't easy to make it no1 you know, and girls aren't going to buy their CDs just because they look good roll eyes (sarcastic) ...

And for the last thing, it's about someone who decided to cook for their girlfriend, who decided to drop out once he had prepared the meal. And the Broccoli is probably a tiny bit of humour.

The killers suck too

Neo_Version 7
I liked "5 Colors in Her Hair". embarrasment

O Green World
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You think McFly wrote Pinball Wizard you ignorant child. Leave.

-AC

uuhhh, i never said McFLY MADE it, I didn't even mention if they made it or not, i said they have PLAYED it.

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
No, writing your own songs is the default. It's not an accolade.

As Anthony Kiedis said- if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Yes, yes it is. Crazy Frog. Rap song with Crazy Frog style vocal, the name of which I forget. Barbie Girl.

We could go on. Number One isn't a stamp of good quality. It tends if anything to be the reverse.

Hahahahahahaha.

No, girls never do that.

1. If you can write a song it clearly shows you are better than another band, since most others aren't good enough to write them theirselves.

2. ....?

3. You're saying People don't like McFLY just because most of their friends say they don't?

tabby999
i think Anthony Kiedis is right on the money...

jaden101
uuhhh, i never said McFLY MADE it, I didn't even mention if they made it or not, i said they have PLAYED it.

1. If you can write a song it clearly shows you are better than another band, since most others aren't good enough to write them theirselves.

2. ....?

3. You're saying People don't like McFLY just because most of their friends say they don't?

what planet are you living on that you think most bands dont write their own songs...because i can assure you that most bands do...and most bands (even shit ones) do it considerably better than mcfly

i'd answer the rest of your points but vic pretty much said everything that needs to be said

you're clearly about 15 years old with absolutely no taste in music...

Red Superfly
So far, everyone against McFly: +1.

So far, anyone defending McFly: Clown Shoes.

There seems to be a massive divide on KMC these days. Those with intelligence, and those that like McFly.

O Green World
you're clearly about 15 years old with absolutely no taste in music...

And you're clearly an old dude who thinks he has a taste for music.

Originally posted by Red Superfly

There seems to be a massive divide on KMC these days. Those with intelligence, and those that like McFly.

An even bigger divide between those who think they are funny(are wrong) and those who like McFLY no expression If someone was given the wrong info doesn't mean that they aren't smart, otherwise people who like McFLY are MUCH smarter than you..

O Green World
If I have a bad taste in music then so must you, unless you like RnB or Rap. I do like almost every other genre except Rap and RnB.

jaden101
And you're clearly an old dude who thinks he has a taste for music.

An even bigger divide between those who think they are funny(are wrong) and those who like McFLY no expression If someone was given the wrong info doesn't mean that they aren't smart, otherwise people who like McFLY are MUCH smarter than you..

yeah...26...i'll be getting my pension soon roll eyes (sarcastic)

when i was 15 i actually went out and discovered music for myself rather than relying on whatever saturday morning kids tv said was the flavour of the month

and even my musical taste at it's worst still doesn't bottom feed to anywhere near the extent of mcfly...who shall now simply be refered to as busted2...

you keep up that logic sonny...it'll serve you well in later life...when your boss is calling you a completely useless cretin because you're so terrible at your job...you easily reply with the equally intelligent..."takes one to know one"

never fails...trust me

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

This is great.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

This is great.

-AC

you're just a boohoo bad man...so na na nana naahh

lil bitchiness
Now, I know alot of you people like metal & rock etc, and you don't like McFLY because so many girls like em etc, well here's my explanation 4 it:
1. People like McFLY because they have a good sense of humour.
2. People like McFLY because they make good music (it makes sense, since their inspirations are the Beatles, Blink 182, Green Day, Lost Prophets)

In their first album, McFLY speak the minds of many teenage lads, in their second album however they speak from teh mind of a more older person, lol.
You know what i'd find really funny, if a metal band turns out to like McFLY, lol...

Don't ask me why i posted this, i just thought i'd prove a point...

People might like them for those reasons, however that does not make them necesseraly 'good'.

They are obnoxious, cocky, bunch of horny teenagers who think they are 'too cool for school'.
Their music is not good, in my opinion. Just because their inspiration are certain bands, some might deem as good, doesn't mean they automatically become good.

I can sit here and say that for my band, eloaquent lyric inspiration comes from Tool, and Mars Volta, and but my politically charged message is an inspiration from System of a Down and RATM, but my band can be the shittiest band in the world.

Not that McFly had any GREAT influences from what you said.

Im sure there are people who will like them for ''their music'', but for many alternative lovers, they are simply shit, because those people have heard music which is beyond any doubt unchallanged by anything McFly have to offer.

Alpha Centauri
Or they're simply a shit pop band with shit pop fans.

To put it bluntly.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

I can sit here and say that for my band, eloaquent lyric inspiration comes from Tool, and Mars Volta, and but my politically charged message is an inspiration from System of a Down and RATM, but my band can be the shittiest band in the world.

If you were getting lyrical inspiration from The Mars Volta, that's probably the likely outcome.

Emo?
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Lol, i wonder what music you like? :P

Let me jus set this straight:
McFLY are better than Coldplay(Coldplay do slow songs, easier to play)
McFLY are better than any rap, RnB or hip-hop "band" cause all they can do is sing.
More of McFLYs band members can sing than quite a few others, where they just have 1 singer.
The lead singer for McFLY can play piano, lead guitar and can sing.

McFLY don't really do my type of bmusic nomore, but i still think they're decent when it comes to skill. But i bet most of you just look at your own tastes and never actually look at the band.

Emo?
PS Busted didn't even have a drummer!

Flying High
although one COULD drum...meh

(why did i come here lol)

Emo?
Originally posted by Flying High
although one COULD drum...meh

(why did i come here lol)
is that so? i heard that for their recordings they used a drum machine, why do that when sum1 could play them? messed

Flying High
(the teeny bopper inside of me is coming out for a short period of time)

well...on tour charlie played a drum solo...but they had a guy called damien that was their drummer MOST of the time...and was bascially a member...but got paid less stick out tongue

*waits to be slagged off for knowing so much* stick out tongue

Emo?
Originally posted by Flying High
(the teeny bopper inside of me is coming out for a short period of time)

well...on tour charlie played a drum solo...but they had a guy called damien that was their drummer MOST of the time...and was bascially a member...but got paid less stick out tongue

*waits to be slagged off for knowing so much* stick out tongue

Kwlio, neways, Busted were never really that bad, McFLY lasted longer stick out tongue
But sum people don't look at songs by there skill, they jus look at the type of music they prefer, which isn't always the best...

~Flamboyant~
Good thing I've never even heard of them. thumb up

gshkris72
Definitely LOVE Mcfly... one of my favorite bands!

jaden101
hahaa...i remember this thread...it was great

exanda kane
I used to go to the same school as Dougie the bassist. A proper c u on tuesday if you ask me.

Flying High
i like them cause they're my happy music and i can go to one of their gigs and just dance like a complete idiot..

however i dont like that kinda music as a whole(which you can tell frm my last.fm account)...they're just a nice little part of it and i have good memories of me and my friend and mcfly smile

vintageSW77
music for people who dont understand music
they are beyond crap and the blonde one looks like the villiage idiot

chillmeistergen
They're a bunch of James Blunts.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by BananaKing

Erm.... Am I the only one who thinks that every band on that list is dog feces (except for the Beatles)? Is that really supposed to imply that McFLY makes 'good music'. You must have not thought about that one.

jaden101
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
They're a bunch of James Blunts.

but they dont make the same kind of music as ja...oh...right...i see

Pezmerga
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Erm.... Am I the only one who thinks that every band on that list is dog feces (except for the Beatles)? Is that really supposed to imply that McFLY makes 'good music'. You must have not thought about that one.

No you aren't the only one.

Funkadelic
Originally posted by Pezmerga
No you aren't the only one.

Co-sign

pcp
Blink 182 and Greenday are almost the same thing, everyone tries to copy The Beatles but no one's good enough and lostprophets are not a good band to list as an inspiration (though I do like them).

The thing that annoys me most about Mcfly is the annoying rhythm that they use in every single song, the kind of jaunty 60's drum beats that indicate a 'cliche' rock song. There is nothing worse, at all, in the entire world, than a cliche rock song.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.