Torture horror movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

buffymitch
i'm not the biggest horror fan but i do like to watch a horror now and then but the horror movies of the last few years are mostly about people getting tortured. why is that. i don't see how that actually is entertainment. the very first scene of house of wax was a torture scene. i turned the dvd off. Hostel pretty much the same. i hear the hill have eyes is not for any kind of species on this planet. i don' think torture movies are horror movies i believe them to be made by veru sick people to be watched by serial killers. what are your thoughts on this?

Pandemoniac
Incorrect. Now in some aspect torture can be seen as entertainment for the real sickos, but mostly the emotion and graphics that can be displayed through it are merely basics of decent horror-movies.
A horror fan seeks entertainment in revolting scenes, but knowns he/she is only watching a movie, and has no interest in the actions happening for real. It's about being granted a peek in to the utmost awful depts of the human mind, to just shiver seeing it. Nothing else.

BackFire
Those types of horror aren't supposed to entertain, it's supposed to shock, disgust, and disturb the viewer into feeling fearful.

Impediment
Then I guess I'm a serial killer...............'cause I like to watch them. It doesn't mean, however, that just because I own and watch torture movies that I condone or support violence against my fellow man. These movies are fictitious, and therfore are meant to entertain, shock, thrill, horrify, disgust, and/or make you fearful. Thats it. It doesnt mean that I'm some kind of sick, evil f*ck that gets a rush by watching these movies because I harbor some kind of fantasy about torturing humans or I'm a "serial killer". Sheesh.

deathbycorn
House of Wax was awesome.

Impediment
I hated House of Wax. thumb down

deathbycorn
I liked the parts where he cut the dudes ankle open, then covered him in wax. That looked pretty sweet and also when the chick got her finger cut off it looked pretty good too. For a typical hollywood teen horror I thought it was better than the likes of The Ammityville Horror remake, The Descent, Doom, The Fog remake and The Skeleton Key.

But not up there with the likes of The Devils Rejects, Wolf Creek, Land of the Dead or Saw II (even though I hated Land of the Dead & Saw II)

buffymitch
Now to be honest i liked the skeleton key. not the best horror movie I've seen. probably not even a horror. What i mean with all these torture movies they give lot of people new ideas on how to be cruel. it's just not entertainment anymore. i know that some people do like it. but it doesn't leave anything to the imagination anymore. you actually see how people get cut open and that is just disgusting. the blair witch project was great. that left everything to the imagination.
pandemoniac i respect your words they are so true.

steverules
The hellraiser movies basically are torture movies.

beta-wolf_101
Torture movies are probably more frightening movies out of horror. It scares us more deeply because someone could actually do that someone or to ourselves. If you want to feel the chilled and prickly sensation go ahead and watch those movies, they give me that everytime.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I liked the parts where he cut the dudes ankle open, then covered him in wax. That looked pretty sweet and also when the chick got her finger cut off it looked pretty good too. For a typical hollywood teen horror I thought it was better than the likes of The Ammityville Horror remake, The Descent, Doom, The Fog remake and The Skeleton Key.

But not up there with the likes of The Devils Rejects, Wolf Creek, Land of the Dead or Saw II (even though I hated Land of the Dead & Saw II)

I haven't seen House of Wax yet, but imo, the only good part would be Paris Hilton getting killed....she has NO talent!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.