Why Oh Why Another Superman Movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Okay this makes no sense whatsoever why they are making another Superman movie especially since its just a carbon copy of the original 1978 Superman movie. roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean they got the same theme song it appears from the 78 film and its the damn origin story all over again WTF is up with that? mad I mean come on,unlike with Batman,we DONT need another origin story superman movie.Batman Begins was much needed to get the franchise restarted because all the batman movies prior to Begins were horrible.Batman 89 betrayed the character and the comicbook big time and the scrtpt was a joke so Batman Begins was for sure needed to erase that horrible Burton/schumacher nightmare monstrocity. But thats NOT the case with Superman.Superman is a masterpiece of a movie and STILL remains the greatest comicbook movie of all time with Batman Begins a close second IMO.so again why oh WHY does hollywood have to go and do the unspeakable and make another origin story of Superman when its NOT needed? mad well thats hollywood for you I guess.the new king kong movie was not needed either.They had already remade it back in 76 with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lang so King Kong 2005 wasnt needed either.God why does hollywood these days just have to go and redo movies all the time.I sure miss the good ole days.

Xirius
Well, remaking the movie doesnt damage the original, it just reinvents it for a more modern age.
For those who prefer the old movie (like you), let that be your definitive Superman movie, but that doesnt mean that people who would prefer a modern Superman movie shouldnt get to see one.
Their making of a new movie doesnt affect the old one in any way, so why complain about it?

H. S. 6
I'm looking forward to the new Superman movie, along with millions of others. happy

Black Adam
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Okay this makes no sense whatsoever why they are making another Superman movie especially since its just a carbon copy of the original 1978 Superman movie. roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean they got the same theme song it appears from the 78 film and its the damn origin story all over again WTF is up with that? mad I mean come on,unlike with Batman,we DONT need another origin story superman movie.Batman Begins was much needed to get the franchise restarted because all the batman movies prior to Begins were horrible.Batman 89 betrayed the character and the comicbook big time and the scrtpt was a joke so Batman Begins was for sure needed to erase that horrible Burton/schumacher nightmare monstrocity. But thats NOT the case with Superman.Superman is a masterpiece of a movie and STILL remains the greatest comicbook movie of all time with Batman Begins a close second IMO.so again why oh WHY does hollywood have to go and do the unspeakable and make another origin story of Superman when its NOT needed? mad well thats hollywood for you I guess.the new king kong movie was not needed either.They had already remade it back in 76 with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lang so King Kong 2005 wasnt needed either.God why does hollywood these days just have to go and redo movies all the time.I sure miss the good ole days.

from everything I hear This is not an origin story.

It's a sequel to the the Second Superman Movie and makes pretend as if the 3 and 4 movie never happened...

NoFate007
Lol you don't like any comic films do you Mr. Parker?

I can understand making another Superman film...however...I'm a bit upset that they, once again, aren't using any of his villains really. In 5 films, counting this one, they've only used one villain: Lex Luthor. No Parasite, no Metallo, no Darkseid, no Brainiac, no Doomsday. I think spending the whole film on "nobody likes me anymore" is a waste. If they had a new Superman film that had a cool villain that could actually put up a fight against Clark (a physical fight), I'd be more excited about it. But...no...we're not gonna get that. We'll get a 2:10 film about "Clark, you left me. Was I not supposed to move on?", and then like 10 minutes at the end will be Luthor doing something stupid like derailing a train or whatever.

Femi32
Mr. Parker, THEY ARE NOT DOING ANOTHER ORIGIN MOVIE! Superman Returns is a sequel to Superman I and II. He's returning to earth after he left it for 6 years.

DigiMark007
Mr. Parker just hates comic movies apparently. Still going with the Man-Spider campaign as well?

Anyway, we have a Superman forum, and this thread doesn't seem terribly well thought-out anyway. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.