Red Dragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangoria17
Hi everybody. I love coming to boards to meet new people and talk about movies. There are so many great films out there to talk about. What is everybody's favorite movie? I would have to say that mine is The Silence of the Lambs. Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins are both incredible in it. Hopkins as Hannibal Lector has to be one of the best villans ever in any film. I cannot wait until the pre-quel Red Dragon comes out this fall. I watched the trailer for it at http://www.apple.com/trailers and it got me really excited. Check it out and tell me what you think/know about the movie, and tell me what your favorite movie is!!

BackFire349
My favorite movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, like silence of the lambs it was inspired by the real life serial killer Ed Gein. Red Dragon looks like it could be cool.

chico23
Red Dragon really looks like it could be a great movie. After Hannibal I might be a little suspicious, not to say Hannibal was the worst movie I every seen, but It in no way compared to SOTL. Without Jodie Foster it wasn't the same. Which brings me to the point of why I'm looking forward to Red Dragon. I like the idea of a prequel it makes it easier to see new faces involved in an old story. I'm equally excited that it stars Ed Norton, he is a very talented actor. Anyways, I agree with Fangoria I loved SOTL and am looking foward to Red Dragon.

finti
The book was very good

mechmoggy
Really Finti?!? I read it years ago and I thought it sucked. I was quite a bit younger then though, plus I'd just read Silence of the Lambs which was just amazing in comparison.

finti
Hannibal is the best of the books but I liked Red Dragon

fangoria17
Yeah, I actually did not like the book to Hannibal all that much. It was OK, but not great. I can't wait to see it compares to Manhunter.

ToMacco
I hope it's good.

I didn't think Hanibal was that bad.

Sabrea
it looks good...silence and hannibal were ok..and jodie foster and julianne moore both did good...but my opinion isnt allowed to count for julianne, only jodie..

BackFire349
hannibal was the silliest thriller ive ever seen. it was almost a comedy.

Sabrea
my judgement doesnt count on that either because julianne moore was in it...darn, thats not fair

finti
oh, it is all so clear now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Hannibal was well-made and acted, just wasn't a very good story- it suffered from the same problems the book did.

The comparison with Manhunter certainly will be interesting.

Fire
well it was an ok movie but silence of the lambs was a lot better

ToMacco
I have little hopes for this movie.

finti
actually they have made a movie of red Dragon, I think that William Petersen dude from CSI had the lead role but aint to sure.
Checked it up and it was called Manhunter(1986) by Michael Mann wit Petersen in the lead role and it was based upon Red Dragon book. And that film was made before Silence of the Lambs was written.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.