The only good emo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Is a dead one!

Ronny
Heheh Look at his face

Alpha Centauri
There's no such thing as an "emo".

Can we move on? Damn kids.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
wheres lea to protest?!!!? eek!

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
wheres lea to protest?!!!? eek!

mhm

Vinny Valentine
Lea:

"Ramble Ramble Ramble I have Boobs"

Mr. Bacon
What the f**k? who cares!

DiamondBullets
LOL Love that pic!

Ronny
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There's no such thing as an "emo".

Can we move on? Damn kids.

-AC Not anymore! Cause it died! on the pavement right there see

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Lea:

"Ramble Ramble Ramble I have Boobs" Vin: "i have to say stuff so everyone loves me"

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Lea:

"Ramble Ramble Ramble I have Boobs"

Yes because I would say something like that.

drunk_nazgul
laughing out loud

it looks like andy milonakis. eek!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Scythe
Is a dead one!

He's funny looking. laughing

Scythe
Hoe crap! Your right, it does look like Andy, hehehehe!

Impediment
Maybe it's because the term "emo" is new to me, since there weren't any emo's in my high school in 1998, but I could give a shit less.

Scythe
Emo's probably emerged circa 2001, I don't know for sure.

Alpha Centauri
Emo's probably emerged circa 2001, I don't know for sure.

Hahahahahahaha.

So many things wrong with that.

-AC

Scythe
Alrighty capt. serious-pants...

Well I guess you could date the existance of emo back when Van Gogh decided to cut his ear off in the name of love, if that's the case, emo's been around since probably the beginning of time................... GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHH.........I'm not going to sleep all night...

Revernd Maynard
Emo's probably emerged circa 2001, I don't know for sure. then dont say anything no expression

drunk_nazgul
Hahahahahahaha.

So many things wrong with that.

-AC

you must be a professor of emo? no expression

Scythe
I've also come to the conclusion, that some people here type just because they have the ability to type...

Impediment
Meaning..................?

Revernd Maynard
I've also come to the conclusion, that some people here type just because they have the ability to type... nope...we come here because we dont know how to type....thats the whole paoint of mck

tank su fer fguirin it tout

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by drunk_nazgul
you must be a professor of emo? no expression

No, I just happen to know more about music than anyone in this thread.

"Emo's originated in 2001".

A) No such thing as an "emo".

B) Emo began decades before 2001, then it died. What you see today isn't emo.

End.

-AC

Scythe
Psha! lern hoe spel foo!! yonky trid joo-jinn!

drunk_nazgul
god, I didn't know I couldn't type. How tragic.

Revernd Maynard

End.

-AC i honestly didn't know that the term "emo" came from music....

i thought emo was short for emotional, and i thought it was those bitchy people that liked to cry about the world and do nothing about it but cut themselves

am i mistaken scared

Alpha Centauri
You are.

What you described is absolutely nothing to do with emo. Just another example of how ignorant people are. You criticise these non-existent "emo" people, but somehow make yourselves look like bigger idiots.

-AC

Scythe

End.

-AC

Yawn, here we go.

Few things:

1) I'm a musician, does that mean my opinions on music are correct, no.

2) Same goes to you, your opinions, to those that are smart, should have the retail value of a gorrilla's turd on clearance.

3) If what your all knowing ass is saying is that emo, like punk, and for that matter, "good" rock & roll is dead, then I guess the word I was looking for is posers.

4) CORRECTION: The only good poser, is a dead one...

Revernd Maynard
You are.

What you described is absolutely nothing to do with emo. Just another example of how ignorant people are. You criticise these non-existent "emo" people, but somehow make yourselves look like bigger idiots.

-AC so then whats the deal with all the black hair thats short in the back and all long in their faces

is this just a different tangent that whatever this original "group" of people have broken off from?

or is it completly different...

Scythe
P.S. death to all posers...

Alpha Centauri
Yawn, here we go.

Few things:

1) I'm a musician, does that mean my opinions on music are correct, no.

2) Same goes to you, your opinions, to those that are smart, should have the retail value of a gorrilla's turd on clearance.

3) If what your all knowing ass is saying is that emo, like punk, and for that matter, "good" rock & roll is dead, then I guess the word I was looking for is posers.

4) CORRECTION: The only good poser, is a dead one...

Yes, the word you are looking for IS posers. Trendwhores of ANY kind. You, believe it or not, got it right in one try. Unlike some people.

You hate trendwhores, don't we all? That's nothing to do with emo.

As for number two: Hahaha. "Emo's originated in 2001". Shh. You made your own opinions invalid. I'm speaking factually about emo and its origins. You think it's some new thing.

Number 3: Precisely. Real punk and real emo have been dead for many, many years. As said first, you're looking at trendwhores. Nothing to do with emo.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
so then whats the deal with all the black hair thats short in the back and all long in their faces

is this just a different tangent that whatever this original "group" of people have broken off from?

or is it completly different...

Hahahaha, it's called a hairstyle. Welcome to Earth. This is what we call a hairdo or a haircut. Why you're connecting it to something like music is beyond all comprehension.

I know the stereotype you're referring to and there isn't a specific name for it. They're just trend followers.

Now, homework is due tomorrow.

-AC

loner hill
Yes, the word you are looking for IS posers. Trendwhores of ANY kind. You, believe it or not, got it right in one try. Unlike some people.

You hate trendwhores, don't we all? That's nothing to do with emo.

As for number two: Hahaha. "Emo's originated in 2001". Shh. You made your own opinions invalid. I'm speaking factually about emo and its origins. You think it's some new thing.

Number 3: Precisely. Real punk and real emo have been dead for many, many years. As said first, you're looking at trendwhores. Nothing to do with emo.

-AC

the Smiths were emo...i guess you can consider them old school emo

drunk_nazgul
ahhh not another emo discussion. don't question someone with a big head, because he'll out talk you.
kay?
yeah, posers suck. even if they're pretty damn hot.

I think our new emo kids are attracted to the beats and the lyrics. It means something to them, apparently, so leave them alone.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by loner hill
the Smiths were emo...i guess who can consider them old school emo

The Smiths weren't emo. What the hell are you talking about?

Nobody in this thread actually knows what emo is, and the one's that do, know because I told them.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
Hahahaha, it's called a hairstyle. Welcome to Earth. This is what we call a hairdo or a haircut. Why you're connecting it to something like music is beyond all comprehension.

I know the stereotype you're referring to and there isn't a specific name for it. They're just trend followers.

Now, homework is due tomorrow.

-AC its wierd, because in my town, everyone with that haircut, listens to the music associated eek!

coincidence?

i thought i should mention, that i agree that it is indeed a trend thing, but its a click from where i come from. The emo group.
Now i know that you disagree with this, but they are shitting their pants because there is no such thing as emo. And I agree with you. The whole idea behind it is for those trend bitches, its in...its emo...and i hate it

Scythe
Emo, is the title they have chosen for themselves, their technical name, is mentally depressed, but who here says:

"Hey! Who here wants to go mentally depressed bashing!! Whoo! *burp* Warf!"

So you see, even if the emo movement in music sucked ass or not, I don't know, and don't want to know, but I in general was just feeding the dragon a butterscoth delight, they like the term emo, and since no one is using it at the moment, let the potatoes have their gravy, right?

Alpha Centauri
No, just people like you who connect things that appear together, yet might no necessarily be connected.

Dressing a certain way and listening to a certain music doesn't mean the two are connected, it means those people think they are and are stupid. It's nothing to do with emo, the style, the clothing etc. NOTHING to do with emo.

Hence why you are doing the same thing. Why am I educating you all on this for, I don't know, the 10th time?

-AC

loner hill
The Smiths weren't emo. What the hell are you talking about?

Nobody in this thread actually knows what emo is, and the one's that do, know because I told them.

-AC

i meant their look

okay, then tell me!

AOR
That is both gross and wrong. Regardless of who it is, even if it's fake, such a fate should never be considered in the first place....

Revernd Maynard
No, just people like you who connect things that appear together, yet might no necessarily be connected.

Dressing a certain way and listening to a certain music doesn't mean the two are connected, it means those people think they are and are stupid. It's nothing to do with emo, the style, the clothing etc. NOTHING to do with emo.

Hence why you are doing the same thing. Why am I educating you all on this for, I don't know, the 10th time?

-AC But to them, it is. I'm sorry to say, just because you say it doesn't make it true. Because these kids are indeed wrong, i'm not arguing that. The only thing is, these kids are misguided (and i say kids, because its our tainted youth in the junior highs) because they know nothing about it, they connect it, they say its emo, you cant stop it...sorry

Alpha Centauri
Emo, is the title they have chosen for themselves, their technical name, is mentally depressed, but who here says:

"Hey! Who here wants to go mentally depressed bashing!! Whoo! *burp* Warf!"

So you see, even if the emo movement in music sucked ass or not, I don't know, and don't want to know, but I in general was just feeding the dragon a butterscoth delight, they like the term emo, and since no one is using it at the moment, let the potatoes have their gravy, right?

So? It's the correct term, and going by something you know is wrong makes you stupid. Any questions? It's Trendwhore, trendfollowers etc. Nothing to do with emo.

You admit you don't know what emo music was, so why do you insist on using that label to describe a fake lifestyle that has absolutely nothing to do with it?

Ignorance.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
But to them, it is. I'm sorry to say, just because you say it doesn't make it true. Because these kids are indeed wrong, i'm not arguing that. The only thing is, these kids are misguided (and i say kids, because its our tainted youth in the junior highs) because they know nothing about it, they connect it, they say its emo, you cant stop it...sorry

No, you're missing the point. They call it emo, they are wrong. They are scene kids who label things because it's cool to do so. It makes them feel diverse.

Emo is absolutely nothing to do with the type of person you are on about, that is a stone cold musically historical fact, Rev. It's not my opinion.

I'm not saying I can stop them calling it emo, I'm saying they're wrong to do so. Call them what they are, which is trendfollowers.

-AC

Scythe

I uhh, never associated "music" with "emo" in this thread. My theory of emo's emerging in 2001 was a reference date as to when I started first noticing all these "trendwhore" appear.

Alpha Centauri
I uhh, never associated "music" with "emo" in this thread. My theory of emo's emerging in 2001 was a reference date as to when I started first noticing all these "trendwhore" appear.

First, stop using the word "emo" incorrectly. Just digging yourself a deeper hole.

Second, no need for trendwhore to be in quote marks, that's what they are.

Last, just because that's when you noticed them it doesn't mean that's when it came about.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
So? It's the correct term, and going by something you know is wrong makes you stupid. Any questions? It's Trendwhore, trendfollowers etc. Nothing to do with emo.

You admit you don't know what emo music was, so why do you insist on using that label to describe a fake lifestyle that has absolutely nothing to do with it?

Ignorance.

-AC Jesus, i was agreeing with you.

I'm just saying, KIDS that listen to this MUSIC have told me that the music has a lot to do with it because it speaks to their black souls.

so this tells me that music is somehow involved, as much as you say its not

now these kids are indeed ignorant, but whatever. No need to get distraugt about it.

drunk_nazgul
go trends!
Yay!

*cries over nothing* Now I'm cool!

Alpha Centauri
I'm just saying, KIDS that listen to this MUSIC have told me that the music has a lot to do with it because it speaks to their black souls.

So you're just believing what you're told by kids you KNOW are wrong? Why indulge them? Seems stupid.

It's actually got nothing to do with emo, this style you refer to. They may be inspired to dress that way by SOME music. But:

A) That music is not emo.

B) That has no reflection on the music.

-AC

Scythe

Ignorance.

-AC

Congrats, you, just like me, have been calling the entire world ignorant, and although we all deserve a small chance to be ignorant ourselves, it still makes us both right. Your right, in that emo is a music style, not around. I'm right, in that these trendwhores have taken the name emo for themselves, and possibly raped it.

Revernd Maynard
edit

RedAlertv2
Emo isnt a person. Its a musical movement

Leo.M
Is a dead one!

Whoa shock

drunk_nazgul
you only liked it for the word rape.
stick out tongue

Revernd Maynard
So you're just believing what you're told by kids you KNOW are wrong? Why indulge them? Seems stupid.

It's actually got nothing to do with emo, this style you refer to. They may be inspired to dress that way by SOME music. But:

A) That music is not emo.

B) That has no reflection on the music.

-AC that may be, but its my only source for this discussion...

****....i've been taking information from kids

also, i dont belive that any kind of trends are set by music...and if they are...its just stupid

it was the kids shock

Alpha Centauri
Yes, but in taking it, they are using it improperly because they don't know what emo is, or means.

So seeing as you know they are doing it wrong and are infact, trendwhores, stop sinking to their level of idiocy.

You have the mentality of "Well they TOLD me it was right and they decide to use it, so I must go by their rules."

-AC

Scythe
Here we go...

drunk_nazgul
Yes, but in taking it, they are using it improperly because they don't know what emo is, or means.

So seeing as you know they are doing it wrong and are infact, trendwhores, stop sinking to their level of idiocy.

You have the mentality of "Well they TOLD me it was right and they decide to use it, so I must go by their rules."

-AC

why don't we just call it the NEW emo and get the **** over it??
does that work with your sense of music?

Revernd Maynard

-AC okay

Alpha Centauri
I'm just curious as to why it takes so long to learn this premise:

Emo has been gone for many years, MANY years. These kids who use the term today, do so wrongly and should not be encouraged or referred to as emo. Nobody can stop THEM doing so, but if you know better, why follow them? That's being a trendwhore yourself.

End of demo. PLEASE let it be the last one.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
I'm just curious as to why it takes so long to learn this premise:

Emo has been gone for many years, MANY years. These kids who use the term today, do so wrongly and should not be encouraged or referred to as emo. Nobody can stop THEM doing so, but if you know better, why follow them? That's being a trendwhore yourself.

End of demo. PLEASE let it be the last one.

-AC Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
okay

RedAlertv2
I would attempt to explain what emo really is, but Ive decided its entirely hopeless.

Alpha Centauri
Red, I've done it about 10 times on this forum. They don't get it. They're all as ignorant as each other.

why don't we just call it the NEW emo and get the **** over it??
does that work with your sense of music?

Because it's not the new emo. That's why.

-AC

drunk_nazgul
why is everyone ignoring me?
I said SHUT UP and listen.
Leave them alone. You say emo music sucks, and it's wrong. I say rap today has nothing to do with rap yesterday.
so why are we always using the emo subject? give it a new name and leave it. the new emo. because nobody's going to stop until the fad's over. you can't do anything about it.

Scythe
The only relation to music here, is the word Emo. Which is what sparked this laughable discussion. Yet, this thread, since it started, up to where AC posted, had nothing to do with music. Rev knew what I was talking about, and I think AC does too. It's their word now AC, like it or not, they've taken it, and probably won't give it back. Yes, it's wrong, but they don't care.

Revernd Maynard
Red, I've done it about 10 times on this forum. They don't get it. They're all as ignorant as each other.

-AC no need for name calling

Scythe
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I would attempt to explain what emo really is, but Ive decided its entirely hopeless.

No one would care, but yeah, you know that already. DN is dead on btw...

drunk_nazgul

-AC

why are you calling me ignorant?
answer the question and don't use your rationality bullshit.

Alpha Centauri
why is everyone ignoring me?
I said SHUT UP and listen.
Leave them alone. You say emo music sucks, and it's wrong. I say rap today has nothing to do with rap yesterday.
so why are we always using the emo subject? give it a new name and leave it. the new emo. because nobody's going to stop until the fad's over. you can't do anything about it.

I don't say emo music sucks. It doesn't exist anymore and hasn't existed for many years. People are ignoring you because you don't know much, it would seem.

This is exactly what's wrong with music, people like you. "Give it a name, the new emo." No, don't go around slapping labels on everything. It's not the new emo. It wasn't originally called emo for no reason, there was a reason for it. Kids today, like you, just name things whatever sounds cool. Hence why you get ignored.

It's their word now AC, like it or not, they've taken it, and probably won't give it back. Yes, it's wrong, but they don't care.

What? I'm not asking for anything "back". What are you on about? It's not "their" word either. It was the name of a genre that died TRULY many years ago. Nowadays it's used in a million ways, each one of them wrong and ignorant.

I DO know what you meant, and the term for those is trendwhores.

-AC

Scythe
She has spoken!!! All are ignorant except her!! teehee

drunk_nazgul
I don't say emo music sucks. It doesn't exist anymore and hasn't existed for many years. People are ignoring you because you don't know much, it would seem.

This is exactly what's wrong with music, people like you. "Give it a name, the new emo." No, don't go around slapping labels on everything. It's not the new emo.

I don't know why you're calling me stupid. I haven't said anything of stupidity. I've been telling you to take your shit somewhere else because it's really wearing me out.

and I gave it a new name because you were whining about them taking the old one.

Why are you trying to act retarded?

loner hill
Alpha Centauri, tell me when and who started the real Emo shit

Alpha Centauri
I don't know why you're calling me stupid. I haven't said anything of stupidity. I've been telling you to take your shit somewhere else because it's really wearing me out.

and I gave it a new name because you were whining about them taking the old one.

Why are you trying to act retarded?

You have said many things of stupidity. "Just give it a name, the new emo." That's stupidity and ignorance in one. The words of someone so uneducated in music that it makes me cringe that you feel you have the right to label a genre.

I wasn't ever whining about THEM taking the old one. They are using it in an incorrect way, but what's worse is people who use it to diss them when THEY don't even know what emo is and just make bigger idiots of themselves.

I can't stop idiots using the term emo to describe themselves, but if you know they are being stupid with it, call them what they actually are. Don't indulge them. THAT'S acting retarded.

-AC

Scythe
What? I'm not asking for anything "back". What are you on about? It's not "their" word either. It was the name of a genre that died TRULY many years ago. Nowadays it's used in a million ways, each one of them wrong and ignorant.

I DO know what you meant, and the term for those is trendwhores.

-AC

Kay, what I meant here is that, those trendwhores have taken the word Emo for themselves, it's for them to use, that's the way things are done, it's gay isn't it. Also, you should go on a pilgrimage, you see, I don't think those trendwhores know that what they're doing is an injustice, some needs to stand as the voice of the anti-ignorant, so you should correct this, let them know the truth. Even if it means letting tears smear their red and black eye make-up, they can always buy more.

Also, if you know what I mean now, hush hush.

Scythe
Oh and uh....sub-catagories suck ass...

Alpha Centauri
Alpha Centauri, tell me when and who started the real Emo shit

Emo began as an offshoot of what came to be known as hardcore punk. Around the mid to late 80's/very early 90's. Typically around the Eastern regions of the US. The WORD emo comes from the ORIGINAL genre name: Emotive hardcore. Then shortened to emo-core, then to emo. No real emo exists today, and hasn't for years.

Bands like Minor Threat, Rites of Spring, Grey Matter, Fugazi etc.

That is real emo music. THAT is where it began. It was born with those bands and it died with those bands.

Hahaha "2001".

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Kay, what I meant here is that, those trendwhores have taken the word Emo for themselves, it's for them to use, that's the way things are done, it's gay isn't it. Also, you should go on a pilgrimage, you see, I don't think those trendwhores know that what they're doing is an injustice, some needs to stand as the voice of the anti-ignorant, so you should correct this, let them know the truth. Even if it means letting tears smear their red and black eye make-up, they can always buy more.

Also, if you know what I mean now, hush hush.

Then call them trendwhores, because that's what they are. What does it matter what they THINK they are, if we all know it's the wrong term?

Stop being silly.

-AC

Scythe
Hahaha "2001".

-AC

Yeah, I don't know if you know this by now, but that was joke on my part. You know...hahahahah, seemed to have worked.

I.E. Not a serious answer to Rev's question, I just threw that in, geez, do you always take things so seriously?

drunk_nazgul
You have said many things of stupidity. "Just give it a name, the new emo." That's stupidity and ignorance in one. The words of someone so uneducated in music that it makes me cringe that you feel you have the right to label a genre.

I wasn't ever whining about THEM taking the old one. They are using it in an incorrect way, but what's worse is people who use it to diss them when THEY don't even know what emo is and just make bigger idiots of themselves.

I can't stop idiots using the term emo to describe themselves, but if you know they are being stupid with it, call them what they actually are. Don't indulge them. THAT'S acting retarded.

-AC

I only said that to get you to stop crying about it.
Dear god. For someone as uneducated as you in the fields of sarcasm, you sure know how to make yourself seem even more like a dumbass.

You should really stop calling others idiots. That's gonna come back and bite you in the dick one day. And you won't like it like you might usually.

Alpha Centauri
Dear god. For someone as uneducated as you in the fields of sarcasm, you sure know how to make yourself seem even more like a dumbass.

You should really stop calling others idiots. That's gonna come back and bite you in the dick one day. And you won't like it like you might usually.

Oh call the wahhh-mbulance.

-AC

Scythe
Stop being silly.

-AC

NEVER!!

drunk_nazgul
Oh call the wahhh-mbulance.

-AC

so you see...

Scythe
Hehehehehe, DN made a funny.

Alpha Centauri
How ironic, isn't it? Calling me uneducated in the fields of sarcasm, when you just completely missed the tone of what I said.

It's getting so bad that all I have to do is lay the groundwork now. You all make fools of yourselves anyway.

-AC

drunk_nazgul
Well since I had a comeback, I must have missed the sarcasm.

ew I just saw your sig. The Peppers really suck. I'm sorry. I just don't like them.

Since you're so great, leave us to our idiocy. It's more fun.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, and again you missed me pointing out the sarcasm. Oh dear...

Haha, The Peppers? Who are they? Red Hot Chili Peppers are in my sig, you know. The pioneering 90's band with one of the best modern guitarists and bassists of that decade? You like...Bam Margera.

Just gonna close my case now.

-AC

Scythe
WHAT?! Blasphemy, The Peppers rule! Flea is the best bassist around, he makes love to my apple!

loner hill
AC,This is what i posted a while back..so i am guessing this is what the trendwhores are and not the real emos..right? well cause they have branded themselves as emos so.....i would like to correct my self.

EMO//////////(TRENDWHORES)//////// kids are retarded. They think their lives are depressive but they don't know shit:

Definitions of depression:

- a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity

- sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy

- depressive disorder: a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention

- An affective disorder characterized by extreme and intense sadness, pessimism, sense of inadequacy, etc.

- A mental state of depressed mood characterized by feelings of sadness, despair and discouragement. Depression ranges from normal feelings of the blues through dysthymia to major depression. It in many ways resembles the grief and mourning that follow bereavement, there are often feelings of low self esteem, guilt and self reproach, withdrawal from interpersonal contact and physical symptoms such as eating and sleep disturbances.

Thats Depression.

This is EMO:

- I FUKING HATE SCHOOL, MY GIRLFRIEND IS A STUPID B1TCH, MY PARENTS TREAT ME LIKE SHIT CUZ THEY WON'T COP ME THAT BRAND NEW 50 ALBUM

EMO kids are stupid, and woudlnt' know the first thing about REAL depression. as stated above, depressed people DON'T LOOK FOR ATTENTION, they dwell on their depression and hide it from others. I would know, my girlfriend used to be depressive, and trust me depressed people dont' talk about their shit just to anybody, like EMO kids do. The reason why depression is so serious is because it's something that people dont' show on the surface. Thats why it's such a dangerous medical condition to have. EMO kids are just kids seeking attention...(TRENDWHORES)///////////

Scythe
with one of the best modern guitarists and bassists of that decade?

Hell yes!!

Alpha Centauri
Yes, and that's all about as relevant, on-point and correct as...well who am I kidding? None of it is right.

Emo isn't medical, it's not fashion, it WAS a music genre. Was, isn't now, gone, bye bye. Are we clear?

You are referring to trendwhores and attention seekers. For the millionth time: NOTHING to do with emo.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
I cannot believe this is still going on blink

loner hill
Yes, and that's all about as relevant, on-point and correct as...well who am I kidding? None of it is right.

Emo isn't medical, it's not fashion, it WAS a music genre. Was, isn't now, gone, bye bye. Are we clear?

You are referring to trendwhores and attention seekers. For the millionth time: NOTHING to do with emo.

-AC

OKAY OKAY....just the trendwhores......wait..oh i see...am a bitc* and your something of a god... lol smile case closed

Alpha Centauri
I'm not a God, I'm nothing like that. I'm just a person.

Unfortunately for almost everyone in this thread; A person who knows about music and musical history.

-AC

drunk_nazgul
yes, I do like Bam. And I don't know why. The show makes me laugh.
The peppers don't. I used to like one of their videos. The drums... yeah, they're okay. But the songs themselves could have been so much better.

DiamondBullets

-AC

Yes, TRUE Emo music died years ago. But what these high school kids have done is taken the word and twisted it's definition to that of a a "trendy" clothing and hair style.

loner hill
thumb up thumbs up soldier

Alpha Centauri
They haven't twisted it's definition. It's definition is the same as it always was.

They're just using it wrong.

-AC

Scythe
BUT EMO'S ARE WHAT THEY LIKE TO BE CALLED!!!

drunk_nazgul
well you know, I haven't done that. If you had any hopes of judging me, they are banished from now on.

Alpha Centauri
yes, I do like Bam. And I don't know why. The show makes me laugh.
The peppers don't. I used to like one of their videos. The drums... yeah, they're okay. But the songs themselves could have been so much better.

You like Bam. Which means your credibility rating just depleted faster than a Tekken power bar after a 10 hit combo.

BUT EMO'S ARE WHAT THEY LIKE TO BE CALLED!!!

So? We've been over this.

-AC

DiamondBullets
You like Bam. Which means your credibility rating just depleted faster than a Tekken power bar after a 10 hit combo.

<------Will kick anyone's ass with Lei Wulong!!!

Revernd Maynard

-AC I love that you somehow fit a TEKKEN reference in this discussion somehow lol

Scythe
Hahahahahaha, FUNNIEST THREAD EVAH!!

drunk_nazgul

-AC

You can't judge me by the music I listen to, remember? you tried that once with trendwhores.

loner hill

-AC

okay okay, so what ive posted would be correct ///if//// what the trendwhores definition of emo is correct but i know now that it isnt..............right?

Alpha Centauri
You can't judge me by the music I listen to, remember? you tried that once with trendwhores.

I didn't did I? No. I'm saying that's what they're called. Which it is. If they wanna be trendwhores, that's their right. I don't think they should be beaten up and shit. I think it's dumb to be one, but it's up to them. Their life. What I DON'T like is "I'm emo!". No you're not, shut up.

Second, I judge music taste by the music you listen to. That said, anyone who thinks Bam Margera has any use AT ALL doesn't have much credibility in my eyes.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
okay okay, so what ive posted would be correct ///if//// what the trendwhores definition of emo is correct but i know now that it isnt..............right?

Here's a plan:

Forget the word emo. Forget it. The term is trendfollowers, trendies or less politely: Trendwhores.

Forget the word emo.

-AC

Scythe
See...this is why I don't start many threads...

drunk_nazgul
Same with you and the peppers, AC. I hope the emo thing wasn't referring to me.

What bands do I have to like to be credible then, Mr. I Know All?

Scythe
Forget the word emo.

-AC

I've said it before and I'll say it again: NEVER!

loner hill
Here's a plan:

Forget the word emo. Forget it. The term is trendfollowers, trendies or less politely: Trendwhores.

Forget the word emo.

-AC

I dont think i can do that.... evil face ignorance is a virtue . . . ahahahahahahha

okay smile

DiamondBullets

Uh-oh...

Hurry up AC!

Alpha Centauri
Same with you and the peppers, AC. I hope the emo thing wasn't referring to me.

Not the same at all. If you like Bam, fine. Your life, your choice. However, he is a useless idiot who does absolutely nothing and attached himself to the underbelly of anyone dumb and popular.

RHCP pioneered a revolutionary blend of musical styles.

Why are you asking me? Show some independence, jeez. It's none of my business WHO you like. I'm just commenting on it because you make it public.

The last thing I'll EVER do is share my music taste with a Bam Margera fan, though.

-AC

DiamondBullets
I dont think i can do that.... evil face ignorance is a virtue . . . ahahahahahahha

okay smile

confused I thought ignorance was bliss......

Scythe
Well...this needs to be lockedededededededed

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Yes because I would say something like that.

Shhh.... ninja We all love the boobs.

Scythe
Not the same at all. If you like Bam, fine. Your life, your choice. However, he is a useless idiot who does absolutely nothing and attached himself to the underbelly of anyone dumb and popular.

Why are you asking me? Show some independence, jeez. It's none of my business WHO you like. I'm just commenting on it because you make it public.

The last thing I'll EVER do is share my music taste with a Bam Margera fan, though.

-AC

Again:

1)Your opinions=gorilla turd on sale!

2) We're not forcing you to be here.

drunk_nazgul
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

well bliss is a virtue.
big grin to me.

-AC

I just wanted to know if you liked ANY of the same bands as me. Obviously not 2 of them. I don't care what you see in Bam, I liked the show. It was funny. Like Andy Milonakis. But I don't know if you watch anything funny. You seem to be too busy with your music classes when the only place they pay off is in an Emo thread.

loner hill

i herd it on t.v sad

Alpha Centauri
Again:

1)Your opinions=gorilla turd on sale!

2) We're not forcing you to be here.

1) Well that might be accurate, because my musical opinions are the shit.

2) Find where I said you are.

-AC

DiamondBullets

^ eek!

Not a bad come-back!

Alpha Centauri
well bliss is a virtue.
big grin to me.

I just wanted to know if you liked ANY of the same bands as me. Obviously not 2 of them. I don't care what you see in Bam, I liked the show. It was funny. Like Andy Milonakis. But I don't know if you watch anything funny. You seem to be too busy with your music classes when the only place they pay off is in an Emo thread.

I don't take music classes, I learn it because I want to. I don't do it to get "pay off". It's called being a music fan, welcome. Feel meek in my wake.

Seriously though, I don't care that you don't care. You don't care either do you? There we go then.

-AC

drunk_nazgul
^ eek!

Not a bad come-back!

yeah, it kinda is.

I don't take music classes, I learn it because I want to. I don't do it to get "pay off". It's called being a music fan, welcome. Feel meek in my wake.

Seriously though, I don't care that you don't care. You don't care either do you? There we go then.

-AC

nanananananana... I like better music than you! stick out tongue

DarkC
Is a dead one!
That's sick.

loner hill
classical music is the shit! beethoven, mozart, johan, felix...etc

Scythe

2) Find where I said you are.

-AC

Gladly!!

1)Remember, you said it!

2) Right here:

AC: Okay, seriously guys, let me go, I no longer wish to argue with you!!

Scythe: Okay, there's the door...

Drunken_Nazgul: Bring back chippers!!

Scythe: The hell are chippers?

Drunken_Nazgul: They're like chips, but better! ^_^

Scythe: ........bring back two bags AC!

AC: Okay but only till you let me go!! ::flutters eye-lashes::

Scythe: :: Shudders ::

AC: I can't stand you guys, maybe I'de leave and note that fact that we all have our strong opinions, but stop forcing me from leaving!!

Scythe: Did you bring back the chippers?!?!?

DiamondBullets
classical music is the shit! beethoven, mozart, johan, felix...etc

thumb up

drunk_nazgul
I actually do like some classical.
I like lots of different things! eek!

Alpha Centauri
Gladly!!

1)Remember, you said it!

2) Right here:

Scythe: He hell are chippers?

Scythe: :messedhudders::

AC: I can't stand you guys, maybe I'de leave and note that fact that we all have our strong opinions, but stop forcing me from leaving!!

Hahahahahaha, I remember that.

Well, I don't but I'm sure I would if it happened. Funny.

-AC

DiamondBullets
Hahahahahaha, I remember that.

Well, I don't but I'm sure I would if it happened. Funny.

-AC

Good.

I was gonna say that I don't recall that, and that definately doesn't sound like you.

drunk_nazgul
Gladly!!

1)Remember, you said it!

2) Right here:

Scythe: The hell are chippers?

Scythe: :: Shudders ::

hahahaha.... I didn't just say chippers... no... no... *rocks back and forth*

Scythe
Mmmmm*munch*munch*, damn! These chippers are good!

drunk_nazgul
hey, AC doesn't like the word emo used incorrectly.

Emo Answering Machine Message
Hello. This is Ron's answering machine, Marvin, and I'm so depressed. I have 50,000 times the memory capacity of my owner, but all I get to do is answer the phone. Life. Don't talk to me about life. Just leave your name and number after the beep. Here comes the beep, how I hate that beep, it's so cheery sounding.

Scythe
Munch*munch*, what kind of retard names his answering machine?

drunk_nazgul
Well, I'm sure AC knows the answer. ass knows everything.

Scythe
Man, I gotta go, too damn funny, AC, we owe ya one, hehehe. G'night DN, everyone else, take care!

Bun Bun
Is a dead one!

Emo's chair

He had it commin yes

drunk_nazgul
Answering machine message 28
Rod Serling imitation: You're dazed, bewildered, trapped in a world without time, where sound collides with color and shadows explode. You see a signpost up ahead -- this is no ordinary telephone answering device... You have reached, "The Twilight Phone".

laughing

Alpha Centauri
I'm glad I've got a couple more fans.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bun Bun
Emo's chair

He had it commin yes

You like Chris Brown, The Pussycat Dolls and Pretty Ricky. You don't see anyone here saying "RUN HER OVER!"

-AC

Bun Bun
You like Chris Brown, The Pussycat Dolls and Pretty Ricky. You don't see anyone here saying "RUN HER OVER!"

-AC

So i like alot of different kind of music. Can't judge me on just one type i like. I dont mind emo music i just am always anoyed by their personilitys becuase i happen to know alot of them erm But some are pretty cool i'll give them that.

Oh and.. laughing out loud cant really run me over.. the car would just bounce off me laughing out loud jk

(yes i know i cant spell)

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bun Bun
So i like alot of different kind of music. Can't judge me on just one type i like. I dont mind emo music i just am always anoying by their personilitys becuase i happen to know alot of them erm

Oh and.. laughing out loud cant really run me over.. the car would just bounce off me laughing out loud jk

(yes i know i cant spell)

Precisely. I don't like the demeanour of the kind of people I've met who listen to the kind of music I just mentioned, but I don't go running them over.

-AC

Bun Bun
Precisely. I don't like the demeanour of the kind of people I've met who listen to the kind of music I just mentioned, but I don't go running them over.

-AC

I agree i wouldnt do that either. Or even think about it.

They are just people yes

AOR
Yet another thread of Alpha Centauri massacre. You'd think they'd learn...

RedAlertv2
Isnt it great how ignorant people band together in order to try and prove eachother right. I mean for Christs sake, just Wiki the word emo.

AOR
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Isnt it great how ignorant people band together in order to try and prove eachother right. I mean for Christs sake, just Wiki the word emo.

That would recuire work and effort, (AKA research) something ignorants bann/condem/or practise to NOT do...why do you think we call them ignorants in the first place...

crazylozer
Ah, those emo kids...you'd think they'd know where their wrists were.

Emo kids are annoying.

What do I mean by 'emo'? Most definitely not "emotive hardcore". To the general public, it stands for "overly emotional". Terms change over time, some gain double meanings, some get new ones all together. It's really not that big of a deal.

AOR
Originally posted by crazylozer
Ah, those emo kids...you'd think they'd know where their wrists were.

Emo kids are annoying.

What do I mean by 'emo'? Most definitely not "emotive hardcore". To the general public, it stands for "overly emotional". Terms change over time, some gain double meanings, some get new ones all together. It's really not that big of a deal.

BE sure to convey that to A.C. the next time you see him...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by crazylozer

The term hasn't changed. It's not the etymology of the word or term "emo" evolving. It's a word that already has a distinct definition, being applied to ideas, mediums or lifestyles to which it has no connection.

Who's doing the connection? The general public. What does that teach YOU about the general public? Precisely. Taking Back Sunday are considered to be emo by the general public, as are Fall Out Boy. Neither of these bands are anything remotely close to emo. At all. You don't listen to them and think "Yeah, I can hear how this evolved from Minor Threat." Evolution suggests that there are branches connecting the now to the before. There are zero. Once again proving that it's not evolution, it's etymological creationism, if anything.

Emo means now what it meant in the 80's. That doesn't exist anymore. That's also no reason for people to assume "Well we NEED to use the word somehow, so might as well stick it on anything."

Quit it.

-AC

AOR
Your words fall on deaf hears, Alpha Centauri...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>