jla/avengers superman vs. thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superkronick92
superman with thors hammer and cap's shield vs thanos. rolling on floor laughing

Thunderstrike
Thanos pimp hands him. End of story. Thor can't handle him, and even though it's Superman with Mjolnir, his powers still wouldn't equal many of the people that Thanos has beaten.

Crease
Supes would need the hammer and at least a couple GL rings to stand up to the Mad Titan.

Avalonofthewind
Superman takes of Thanos head with a light speed hammer hit.

Thunderstrike
Not gonna work. He's stopped Mjolnir before, and has fought people that have tried the same thing. Won't work. Surfer is faster than Superman, and got caught dead in his tracks.

Validus
Surfer uses his speed against Thanos in what fight?

Thunderstrike
Their first encounter. It's from a loooooooooooooong time ago. The Kahn put up a scan long ago that I read in the "Why can't Superman beat Thanos" thread that Long Pig started.

superkronick92
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman takes of Thanos head with a light speed hammer hit.

i Agree ,thor isnt strong without the hammer, now imagine superman who's naturallly strong with the hammer. just curios, do you think supes could use godforce

Validus
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Their first encounter. It's from a loooooooooooooong time ago. The Kahn put up a scan long ago that I read in the "Why can't Superman beat Thanos" thread that Long Pig started.
He doesn't have a post in that thread. I'd like to see it though. sad

Thunderstrike
Might be someone else. Lemme check.

Thunderstrike
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=374290&highlight=Why+cant+thanos

Avalonofthewind
Not gonna work. He's stopped Mjolnir before, and has fought people that have tried the same thing. Won't work. Surfer is faster than Superman, and got caught dead in his tracks.

He's stopped Mjolnir with prep and a forcefield. Unaware, he's been Ko'd by Mjolnir.

Add Superman's speed and strength and Thanos has no head. In that same series
adamantium cuts through Thanos like butter. An enchanted uru hammer swung at lightspeed with moon busting strength will tear through just about anything without
issue.

Sixth_Winged
ko'd? more like momentarily stunned. It's just two small panels in IG where it happened and he got back to his feet a moment later in following page. And that was the whole Marvel crew distracting him.

There was also no indication that it will actually kill Thanos other than Thor's own proclamation.

Crease
More recently Thanos has stopped Mjolnir with a mere wave of his hand. Thor threw the hammer yelling about how The Mad Titan would die that day. Thanos simply put up his hand and said "I think not". The hammer simply fell to the ground about 5 feet from The Titan. Don't have a scanner, but I'll look like hell for the comic tonight and try to scan it at work tomorrow. I think it's about the time Thor had the power gem and went mad. Right before the Odin fight. The fight that out skyfathers on the map.

JohnR
Thanos wins. Since Max Lord manipulated Superman with his pushing power, Thanos might be able to beat him with his mental powers alone.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by JohnR
Thanos wins. Since Max Lord manipulated Superman with his pushing power, Thanos might be able to beat him with his mental powers alone.

It took Max Lord years to do that.

Thunderstrike
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6793/fallen44os.jpg

I'm putting this up here to show you why you can't speedblitz Thanos. This guy is gonna see it coming, and just put up a shield to stop you. The guy is a brilliant fighter. This guy has put down people that are far beyond Superman. He's been able to hand with people who eat herald levels for breakfast. Then is no feasible way that using speed against him would work. This is a guy who was able to hang with Odin.

roughrider
Originally posted by superkronick92
i Agree ,thor isnt strong without the hammer, now imagine superman who's naturallly strong with the hammer. just curios, do you think supes could use godforce

Thor is just as strong without the hammer - that's no issue. He has access to a few less powers, is all.
I've come to accept Thanos is beyond most foes one-on-one, with the vast amount of energy he can tap. But Cap's shield & mjolnir is a good pair for great defense & offense. In the past, when Thor remembers his energy-draining ability with mjolnir, he's been able to turn the tables on Thanos. Just a matter of keeping his head and using a better strategy, instead of battling in close. If Supes can learn to use the hammer properly, and pull out the shield when he needs to, I would give him a chance.

Thunderstrike
There is one big problem with that though. Thor once had the power gem, and if you've read the descriptions of what the power gem can do, then you'd know how powerful Thor would be with it.

Thanos got bored.

Also:
http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surf0na.jpg
big grin

Am I gonna need to post more?

roughrider
Thor also was mad & delusional at the time - you want to fight Thanos, have a calm mind, because he exploits an opponent's anger.

Thunderstrike
Here's more good stuff.
http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus14jn.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus27ey.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus35rc.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus48na.jpg

You can tell Galactus hadn't had food in a while, but still. That blast Thanos gave Galactus did a lot of damage. Much more than I have ever seen anyone do. This isn't a fight for Thanos. This is fun.

spideycarnage
caps shield aint gonna do anything in this fight, even if superman is weilding it, the Mjolnir, may help supes but not that much,thanos still wins. Anyways superman wouldent be able to hold the Mjolnir in reality cause he wont be worth enuff, odin wouldent let him.

roughrider
Yeah, but we're supposing that he is wielding it.

spideycarnage
like it was stated by thundersrike, thanos fought people higher on the food chain thans supes. he can handel speedsters, guys with strenght, and guys with the miojinr like beta ray bill and thor, with ease.

aliveinboston
Here's more good stuff.
http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus14jn.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus27ey.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus35rc.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactus48na.jpg

You can tell Galactus hadn't had food in a while, but still. That blast Thanos gave Galactus did a lot of damage. Much more than I have ever seen anyone do. This isn't a fight for Thanos. This is fun.

No, it didnt do any damage whatsoever. Galactus is unhurt, just had his physical shell tossed back by the force of the blast, and pissed.

Thor almost killed Galactus and that Galactus was well over 28 feet tall. That Galactus also ran away to avoid certain death. Here Galactus didnt exactly run away did he? No ... we just get to see a deep fried Thanos.

In Thanos defense, this Galactus doesnt look completely starved either. A starving Galactus has been easily hurt by much weaker opponents than Thanos.

Having said that, Thanos is pretty physically strong and can go toe to toe with anyone including an increasingly insane Thor who had earlier knocked around Beta Ray Bill and Surfer like a school yard bully. Superman would have a tough time with Beta Ray Bill who is easily as strong. Thanos is at a different level altogether.

Plus, Superman would have no clue how to use any of the Hammer's capabilities. The Captain's shield should be able to protect him since the it has withstood attacks much greater than what Thanos can unleash (unaided), but it would be just a matter of time before Thanos gets a direct hit.

GODSCRIBE

I'm putting this up here to show you why you can't speedblitz Thanos. This guy is gonna see it coming, and just put up a shield to stop you. The guy is a brilliant fighter. This guy has put down people that are far beyond Superman. He's been able to hand with people who eat herald levels for breakfast. Then is no feasible way that using speed against him would work. This is a guy who was able to hang with Odin.

I was going to post this scan. You can't really speedblitz Thanos. That is a former herald of Galactus who moves at warpspeeds, and still wasnt able to meet Thanos.

Basically it's Superman with Mjolnir vs. Thanos..because Caps shield would be manipulated by Thanos (either psionically or by transmutation). Anyway, Thanos has beaten Thor with Mjolnir (who is more adept with it than Superman) on several occassions. In fact, Thor wasn't able to hurt Thanos with it. Once, he took a full blow from a Warrior Madness Thor with Mjolnir and didn't even feel it. Other time, he just stopped it dead in its tracks. He would do the same thing to Superman (as evidenced in the scan above). If Silver Surfer isn't able to scratch Thanos, what makes you think Superman can? He'd get *****-slapped like all the other herald beings galavanting about space like they are a match for him.

Thanos 10/10

Thunderstrike
Thanos is another one of those characters that Superman just can't beat without some sort of humungous advantage.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Murda Mase
It took Max Lord years to do that.

Yeah, but considering he's just a low level telepath compared to say...Moondragon.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
ko'd? more like momentarily stunned. It's just two small panels in IG where it happened and he got back to his feet a moment later in following page. And that was the whole Marvel crew distracting him.

There was also no indication that it will actually kill Thanos other than Thor's own proclamation.

I'd say that was damn good since Thanos was wearing the infinity gauntlet when it happened....

And he was momentarily KO'd... I doubt he would just have let Doom get so close to taking it off him.

Avalonofthewind

I'd say that was damn good since Thanos was wearing the infinity gauntlet when it happened....

And he was momentarily KO'd... I doubt he would just have let Doom get so close to taking it off him.

The thread starter doesn't say anything about prep, and that scan showing Thanos stopping Mjolnir once is dubious at best...if that was a Thanos clone, it means there was prep involved and Thanos had one of his 1800 forcefields.

Vibranium and Mjolnir > Thanos in both power and durability.
They are being paired with Superman who can go toe to toe in feats with Thanos alone.

Sixth_Winged

The thread starter doesn't say anything about prep, and that scan showing Thanos stopping Mjolnir once is dubious at best...if that was a Thanos clone, it means there was prep involved and Thanos had one of his 1800 forcefields.

They are being paired with Superman who can go toe to toe in feats with Thanos alone.

that would've been great if it was mano-y-mano bout between the two, but there was so many involved against him. Not only that but did he limited the use of the gauntlet dealing with them. he has survived far more devastating attacks(like thor's dad Odin with grugnir shooting him down with Odinforced while pissed off....in Asgard of all places) to be making that claim based on a single event.

Thunderstrike
Yeah. Even with Mjolnir, the fact that Superman still wouldn't be as powerful as Odin is huge. He's gonna get stomped, hard.

superkronick92

ya.

Thunderstrike
Superman can't go toe to toe with Thanos in feats. He's never outsmarted cosmic beings, or even come close to doing anything that Thanos has done. There's an entire thread of stuff that he's done that is so far beyond Superman that it's ridiculous.

Avalonofthewind
Superman can't go toe to toe with Thanos in feats. He's never outsmarted cosmic beings, or even come close to doing anything that Thanos has done. There's an entire thread of stuff that he's done that is so far beyond Superman that it's ridiculous.

Superman also has a thread full of feats that are easily comparable to what Thanos has done under his own power. If he didn't, I wouldn't bother to say it...and he's outsmarted cosmic beings/gods as well.

Avalonofthewind
that would've been great if it was mano-y-mano bout between the two, but there was so many involved against him. Not only that but did he limited the use of the gauntlet dealing with them. he has survived far more devastating attacks(like thor's dad Odin with grugnir shooting him down with Odinforced while pissed off....in Asgard of all places) to be making that claim based on a single event.

If I remember correctly, he shut off all sensory input from the gauntlet, correct? He still had access to the gauntlets power.

Supes still has the speed advantage, added to incredible strength, a skyfather level weapon, and another weapon/shield with more durability than Thanos.

I've easily made a comparable case for Supes alone in the past (though that's for other threads) but this is overkill UNLESS Thanos has 1 sided prep.

Crease
"Vibranium and Mjolnir > Thanos in both power and durability."

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

"They are being paired with Superman who can go toe to toe in feats with Thanos alone."

I don't read enough Supes to argue against this, but Thanos' feats include taking over the universe several times. I'm sure somebody's got a Supes respect thread around here, so maybe I just need to check it out roll eyes (sarcastic) Going off of what I have read and know of his feats, Supes would be Thanos' newest herald...and he wouldn't even be the most powerful.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Crease
"Vibranium and Mjolnir > Thanos in both power and durability."

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Not a valid or mature way to make a point. A very human wolverine penetrated Thanos hide with adamantium which means that Adamantium > Thanos hide. Caps shield is easily as durable or more durable than that. Mjolnir has chased away Galactus who is way higher than Thanos.

"They are being paired with Superman who can go toe to toe in feats with Thanos alone."

I don't read enough Supes to argue against this, but Thanos' feats include taking over the universe several times. I'm sure somebody's got a Supes respect thread around here, so maybe I just need to check it out roll eyes (sarcastic) Going off of what I have read and know of his feats, Supes would be Thanos' newest herald...and he wouldn't even be the most powerful.

How does taking over the universe with PREP and ENHANCING ITEMS translate into a spur of the moment battle? If thats the case, take Superman out of this battle and throw in Zeus, Eternity and Galactus. Thanos would win those as well.

Child like eye rolling and bad puns isn't exactly the best way to make a point either.

Crease
How does taking over the universe with PREP and ENHANCING ITEMS translate into a spur of the moment battle? If thats the case, take Superman out of this battle and throw in Zeus, Eternity and Galactus. Thanos would win those as well.

Child like eye rolling isn't exactly the best way to make a point either.

True, something accomplished with prep doesn't translate to a spur of the moment battle. I was responding this statement:

No statement regarding feats translates into a spur of the moment battle.
And yes, with prep, Thanos could defeat the aforementioned.

You're also correct with the eye rolling. My intention was to be sarcastic, with us both knowing full well that I wasn't going to search for the Supes respect thread. His fans, and worse his fanboys, don't let you forget what he's done. So without consistently reading him, I still have an overall idea of the things he's accomplished, with and w/o prep. I just don't believe it matches up with Thanos feat list, with and w/o prep.

In closing, if you took offense to the eye rolling, know that it wasn't meant as an insult.

aliveinboston
Not a valid or mature way to make a point. A very human wolverine penetrated Thanos hide with adamantium which means that Adamantium > Thanos hide. Caps shield is easily as durable or more durable than that.

Cap's shield isnt sharp and pointy like a knife ... or wolverine's claws.

Maybe if it's thrown like a discus or frisbee at an extremely high speed it has some chance of bruising Thanos, but that's also assuming Thanos doesnt avoid it, which he is quite capable of doing.

If used directly as a weapon, then, assuming the person is capable of applying sufficient force for the edge of the shield to lacerate flesh, whoever is holding it is more likely to lose their fingers than injure Thanos.

1) Mjolnir has never chased away galactus, Thor did using his God-force blast for which Mjolnir is merely a conduit. Superman isnt a god and has no god-force to channel through a hammer or anything else.

2) Superman would have no clue how to access Mjolnir's own abilities like teleporting, anti-force blasts, etc...

Thunderstrike
Superman's feats aren't comparable to Thanos by any means. Most of them are intelligence and strategy feats, which is by no means what Superman is known for. Thanos is a guy that sent Galactus bouncing like crazy from one blast. So, yeah, there isn't a debate of Thanos vs Superman at all, unless it's pre-crisis Superman, who (aside from goofy writing) is at Thanos' level, if not higher. Nobody's bumming on Superman, but when he's beat, he's beat.

Avalonofthewind
True, something accomplished with prep doesn't translate to a spur of the moment battle. I was responding this statement:

No statement regarding feats translates into a spur of the moment battle.
And yes, with prep, Thanos could defeat the aforementioned.

You're also correct with the eye rolling. My intention was to be sarcastic, with us both knowing full well that I wasn't going to search for the Supes respect thread. His fans, and worse his fanboys, don't let you forget what he's done. So without consistently reading him, I still have an overall idea of the things he's accomplished, with and w/o prep. I just don't believe it matches up with Thanos feat list, with and w/o prep.

In closing, if you took offense to the eye rolling, know that it wasn't meant as an insult.

Well said. That's why by forum rules, those kind of enhancements aren't normally used in debates unless specifically mentioned. Superman with prep could defeat Thanos as well, but it would be boring either way.

He matches up pretty well. He's beaten gods & cosmic beings as well. Has ridiculous durability feats. Has just as much of a jobber aura as Thanos himself and even the almighty Wolverine.

I grew up reading Marvel a lot more than DC, and this match is lopsided in Supes favor unless Thanos has 1 sided prep just from what I've read on both Thanos and Supes.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Cap's shield isnt sharp and pointy like a knife ... or wolverine's claws.

Maybe if it's thrown like a discus or frisbee at an extremely high speed it has some chance of bruising Thanos, but that's also assuming Thanos doesnt avoid it, which he is quite capable of doing.

If used directly as a weapon, then, assuming the person is capable of applying sufficient force for the edge of the shield to lacerate flesh, whoever is holding it is more likely to lose their fingers than injure Thanos.

As it stands, if Adamantium can pierce Thanos hide (he's too tough to just call it flesh) with just Human strength then Vibranium with Superman level strength will crush his skull in. It's too much. Also, as it's tougher than Thanos hide, He'll have a tough time trying to get through it.

1) Mjolnir has never chased away galactus, Thor did using his God-force blast for which Mjolnir is merely a conduit. Superman isnt a god and has no god-force to channel through a hammer or anything else.

Well stated, but since this thread is with Superman wielding the hammer, it should enhance him even more similar to how Beta Ray Bill gets a boost.

2) Superman would have no clue how to access Mjolnir's own abilities like teleporting, anti-force blasts, etc...

He doesn't need them, he's tons faster in combat than Thanos is and has 2 near indestructible items in addition to his already over the top abilities and physical attributed that compare to Thanos. Adding to that neither side has stated to have any type of prep over the other and this one is a wrap.

Avalonofthewind
Superman's feats aren't comparable to Thanos by any means. Most of them are intelligence and strategy feats, which is by no means what Superman is known for. Thanos is a guy that sent Galactus bouncing like crazy from one blast. So, yeah, there isn't a debate of Thanos vs Superman at all, unless it's pre-crisis Superman, who (aside from goofy writing) is at Thanos' level, if not higher. Nobody's bumming on Superman, but when he's beat, he's beat.

Thanos is nowhere near Pre-crisis Supes level. This is the guy who repaired time with his fists. There isn't a fair way to even compare judging by natural ability.

Post crisis Supes is a far better match for Thanos.

aliveinboston
As it stands, if Adamantium can pierce Thanos hide (he's too tough to just call it flesh) with just Human strength then Vibranium with Superman level strength will crush his skull in.

The two arent connected. Just because I can get a paper cut when barely grazing a single piece of paper doesnt mean that small boy can crush my skull with a 300 sheet note pad.

I specifically mention small boy because that's the difference in physical strength between Thanos and Superman. Thanos is on a different level.

Beta Ray Bill isnt a God either but yes Superman would receive a boost in strength. Even then it wont be enough to take down Thanos. Thanos was able to keep up with an insane Thor with the power gem. A normal Thor is atleast as strong as Superman. An insane Thor is insanely strong, stronger than Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Power Gem Drax, etc.... An increasingly insane and angry Thor beginning to tap into the power gem is immeasurably strong. That's about how strong Thanos is.

I am sorry to say thats not true as Thanos has fought and defeated opponents who appear much faster ... but even if it were true that Superman was faster in combat, it's like saying the Karate Kid can take Hulk Hogan just because he is faster and carries a baseball bat and shield.

Thunderstrike
Not really. He's not even a match at all. To be honest, Wolverine's claws are the sharpest material in the Marvel universe, considering they can cut just about anything. I've seen the Superman not hurt by the adimantium cutting lasers, but there's one problem with that: Adamantium has to be heated to be cut. It makes a sizeable difference. Could Wolverine cut Superman? Not on these forums. Of course, he has the benefit of having a force field (or something to that sort) to protect him from that sort of thing. Still though, there's one problem: How in hell is Superman going to hit him?

Superman, or anything thrown, would get stopped like a cat running head-first into a brick wall. Here's the whole fight.
http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=76154_forg1.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=0921b_forg2.jpg
http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=4c944_forg3.jpg
http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c4355_forg4.jpg
http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=e8d48_forg5.jpg

This is what blasts from the Surfer do.

From Genis-Vell
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=walker31ne.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=walker43qy.jpg
Another thing is the case of Mjolnir. IF he were able to pick up the hammer, since this is him from JLA/Avengers, he wouldn't be able to wield it like Thor. Most of it comes from Thor's essence as a god, so Superman would only be able to wield it like Thunderstrike did his mace after being Thor for awhile. He's only gonna have some lightning attacks and so forth. Maybe Teleportation, but not a Kurt Wagner type. He can't utilize the full ability because he's not an Asgardian like Thor, Beta Ray, and Thunderstrike are. Even with these artifacts, he's not going to be able to win this.
Now, if he partnered with Thor, they might be able to do it with some teamwork. Either way, there isn't a way for Superman to really do anything. This is how I've always compared the two:

Superman can defeat Darkseid's avatars, but is nowhere near Darkseid.

Thanos could easily defeat Darkseid's avatars, and would be able to hold his own against Darkseid.

Whew. That was difficult. Good to debate with you Avalon. You're making me think creatively.

Sixth_Winged
If I remember correctly, he shut off all sensory input from the gauntlet, correct? He still had access to the gauntlets power.

Supes still has the speed advantage, added to incredible strength, a skyfather level weapon, and another weapon/shield with more durability than Thanos.

I've easily made a comparable case for Supes alone in the past (though that's for other threads) but this is overkill UNLESS Thanos has 1 sided prep.

Yet he didn't use it, did he? at least not till the end when he got fed off.

And not every argument you made works with every opponent Superman will face here in the "versus" forum.

aliveinboston
This is really quite simple. This is what a properly written Thor was able to do to Superman clone with superman powers:

"http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gladiator_(Kallark)

However, Gladiator had met his match with Thor, who brutally rendered Gladiator unconscious and then hurled him through one of the Shi'ar's transportational stargates, sealing it behind him."

We all know that Thanos had no problem keeping up with an insane Thor (physically much more capable than under normal circumstances) with Mjolnir (which he had full control of) and a power gem (which Thor had probably started tapping).

Sixth_Winged
This is really quite simple. This is what a properly written Thor was able to do to Superman clone with superman powers:

However, Gladiator had met his match with Thor, who brutally rendered Gladiator unconscious and then hurled him through one of the Shi'ar's transportational stargates, sealing it behind him."

We all know that Thanos had no problem keeping up with an insane Thor (physically much more capable than under normal circumstances) with Mjolnir (which he had full control of) and a power gem (which Thor had probably started tapping).

Well said.

Crease
Not really. He's not even a match at all. To be honest, Wolverine's claws are the sharpest material in the Marvel universe, considering they can cut just about anything. I've seen the Superman not hurt by the adimantium cutting lasers, but there's one problem with that: Adamantium has to be heated to be cut. It makes a sizeable difference. Could Wolverine cut Superman? Not on these forums. Of course, he has the benefit of having a force field (or something to that sort) to protect him from that sort of thing. Still though, there's one problem: How in hell is Superman going to hit him?

Superman, or anything thrown, would get stopped like a cat running head-first into a brick wall. Here's the whole fight.
http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=76154_forg1.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=0921b_forg2.jpg
http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=4c944_forg3.jpg
http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c4355_forg4.jpg
http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=e8d48_forg5.jpg

This is what blasts from the Surfer do.

From Genis-Vell
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=walker31ne.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=walker43qy.jpg
Another thing is the case of Mjolnir. IF he were able to pick up the hammer, since this is him from JLA/Avengers, he wouldn't be able to wield it like Thor. Most of it comes from Thor's essence as a god, so Superman would only be able to wield it like Thunderstrike did his mace after being Thor for awhile. He's only gonna have some lightning attacks and so forth. Maybe Teleportation, but not a Kurt Wagner type. He can't utilize the full ability because he's not an Asgardian like Thor, Beta Ray, and Thunderstrike are. Even with these artifacts, he's not going to be able to win this.
Now, if he partnered with Thor, they might be able to do it with some teamwork. Either way, there isn't a way for Superman to really do anything. This is how I've always compared the two:

Superman can defeat Darkseid's avatars, but is nowhere near Darkseid.

Thanos could easily defeat Darkseid's avatars, and would be able to hold his own against Darkseid.

Whew. That was difficult. Good to debate with you Avalon. You're making me think creatively.

I wish I had a scanner sad ...Perfectly stated by the way, Thunderstrike.

Juntai

We all know that Thanos had no problem keeping up with an insane Thor (physically much more capable than under normal circumstances) with Mjolnir (which he had full control of) and a power gem (which Thor had probably started tapping). When he shot him with that gun that trapped him?

Thanos has been downed by Molnier more than once, and it was vastly more useful in Superman's hands.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Juntai
When he shot him with that gun that trapped him?

Thanos has been downed by Molnier more than once, and it was vastly more useful in Superman's hands.

Horse shit, no can use the hammer better than Thor except for Odin, Beta Ray bill, if superman can destroyed a planet with the hammer I will say yeah until then get that BS out of here.

Mider
you guys get mad when superman fans demand that supes beat a guy like sentry but you dont care if thanos beats on abstracts who should step on him probably marvel fans call up marvel and say THANOS GOT HIT BY THE MAGUS LETS UP HIS POWERS SO HE CAN WOMP HIM NEXT TIME OR WOMP SOMEONE STRONGER OR HAY LETS PUT HIM UP AGAINST TYRANT A GUY ALMOST AS STRONG AS GALACTUS AND ACTUALLY HOLD HIS OWN FOR A WHILE, AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT LETS PUT HIM UP AGAINST GALACTUS HIMSELF. i mean yeah you guys complain about slade jobbing but anyone with prep can beat anyone with the right amoung of prep or the right eqipment

the Darkone
Thanos will rape superman from jla/avengers. Thanos has fought more powerful beings that will crush superman within sec. Only superman that will have a chance will be pre-crisis superman and that's about it.

Wally West
Originally posted by Mider
you guys get mad when superman fans demand that supes beat a guy like sentry but you dont care if thanos beats on abstracts who should step on him probably marvel fans call up marvel and say THANOS GOT HIT BY THE MAGUS LETS UP HIS POWERS SO HE CAN WOMP HIM NEXT TIME OR WOMP SOMEONE STRONGER OR HAY LETS PUT HIM UP AGAINST TYRANT A GUY ALMOST AS STRONG AS GALACTUS AND ACTUALLY HOLD HIS OWN FOR A WHILE, AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT LETS PUT HIM UP AGAINST GALACTUS HIMSELF. i mean yeah you guys complain about slade jobbing but anyone with prep can beat anyone with the right amoung of prep or the right eqipment Dude, breathe. eek!

The Tyrant Thanos fought wasn't as powerful as the one who fought Galactus. And Thanos has sort of fought Galactus and rightly got his ass kicked. Calm down.

Avalonofthewind
The two arent connected. Just because I can get a paper cut when barely grazing a single piece of paper doesnt mean that small boy can crush my skull with a 300 sheet note pad.

I specifically mention small boy because that's the difference in physical strength between Thanos and Superman. Thanos is on a different level.

Pure speculation. Superman is easily as strong as Thanos if not stronger. Unless you have proof that proof with physical feats that Thanos has pulled?

About that "paper cut" remark. It doesn't quite cut it. A kid can puncture your skin with a needle. Now if a a gorilla mashed you over the head with a manhole cover, you'd be in a world of hurt.

Beta Ray Bill isnt a God either but yes Superman would receive a boost in strength. Even then it wont be enough to take down Thanos. Thanos was able to keep up with an insane Thor with the power gem. A normal Thor is atleast as strong as Superman. An insane Thor is insanely strong, stronger than Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Power Gem Drax, etc.... An increasingly insane and angry Thor beginning to tap into the power gem is immeasurably strong. That's about how strong Thanos is.

That's how strong THOR is. Not THANOS. Did they arm wrestle and show to stalemate? The whole league jumped Superman and couldn't contain him long. MM, Orion, WW, GL, Supeboy, Supergirl, Steel..etc. Superman had a decent showing against Asmodel, does that mean that Supes can now go and overthrow heaven?

I am sorry to say thats not true as Thanos has fought and defeated opponents who appear much faster ... but even if it were true that Superman was faster in combat, it's like saying the Karate Kid can take Hulk Hogan just because he is faster and carries a baseball bat and shield.

You said it.."appear much faster"....So has Superman. If I gave karate kid a hammer and a shield, you best bet he woudl mash the Hulksters brain in.

Avalonofthewind

Thor beat Gladiator, Superman has beaten Thor. Bad example.

If we want to go by company clones...then Mongul was made to be a clone of Thanos, who in turn is a clone of Darkseid, and Supes has beaten both.

Avalonofthewind
Yet he didn't use it, did he? at least not till the end when he got fed off.

And not every argument you made works with every opponent Superman will face here in the "versus" forum.

He sure did use the Gauntlets powers during battle. He was still not having an easy time even with a humongous enhancement.

Sixth_Winged
With one punch? bad example. It's canon but it's obviously leaning towards a quick finish for the sake of the plot.

It's one thing to have decreased vulnerability towards magic all these years, but catching a magical hammer wielded by god nonetheless is ludicrous.

Sixth_Winged
He sure did use the Gauntlets powers during battle. He was still not having an easy time even with a humongous enhancement.

He did but it was after that and he started killing each one of them along with his girlfriend. He was toying with them at first but his arrogance got the better of him. But other than that, like i said, you're basing this off on one occurence. That's like not even 10% of his overall showings and saying someone could replicate that not having the same factors(as in being against a team) is unfair.

He has taken out far more that cannot be discounted.

Avalonofthewind
With one punch? bad example. It's canon but it's obviously leaning towards a quick finish for the sake of the plot.

It's one thing to have decreased vulnerability towards magic all these years, but catching a magical hammer wielded by god nonetheless is ludicrous.

Which is a point I've made regarding Thanos many times. He has a jobber aura as well.

Avalonofthewind
He did but it was after that and he started killing each one of them along with his girlfriend. He was toying with them at first but his arrogance got the better of him. But other than that, like i said, you're basing this off on one occurence. That's like not even 10% of his overall showings and saying someone could replicate that not having the same factors(as in being against a team) is unfair.

He has taken out far more that cannot be discounted.

Not at all, in his battle with Morg, he almost got owned. If you think this is bad, imagine me with having to deal with all the people on here who..

A: Vote against Superman simply because they don't like him.

B: Degrade Superman into a flying version of colossus with gi joe laser gun powered vision.

Sixth_Winged
Not at all, in his battle with Morg, he almost got owned. If you think this is bad, imagine me with having to deal with all the people on here who..

B: Degrade Superman into a flying version of colossus with gi joe laser gun powered vision.

Well, if you got scans for his battle with morg post it here. I don't have every issue of Cosmic powers so i'd like to be able to criticize something from a visual aid instead of relying on just statements.

And you know. Those situations you just mentioned happen to reflect on every other character not just superman.

Avalonofthewind
Well, if you got scans for his battle with morg post it here. I don't have every issue of Cosmic powers so i'd like to be able to criticize something from a visual aid instead of relying on just statements.

And you know. Those situations you just mentioned happen to reflect on every other character not just superman.

I've posted scans before, and so have others..I'm sure a search should turn some of them up.

I know other characters get crapped on...but how many get hate threads, insult threads anywhere near as much?

snoopdogg

B: Degrade Superman into a flying version of colossus with gi joe laser gun powered vision. Your right on both of these cases Avalon. Most people vote against Supes cause they just hate him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.