Jean Grey Vs. The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
I have a five year old daughter (almost six) that already loves comics. She knows most of the characters and is always asking me questions about who would win in a fight. She asked me a little while ago who would win in a fight between The Hulk and Jean Grey?!?! I thought that was a good fight to post on here and I told her I would have to get your opinions...oh, just for the record, this is Jean without the phoenix or anything like that. Just plain ol' Jean....and this is the current Hulk too by the way...

So, it's mind vs. muscle when Jean Grey tackles the green, mean engine of destruction called The Hulk ....Place yer bets.........

batdude123
Is Hulk immune to telepathic attacks? Cause if he isn't, than this fight lasts all but a second.

Thunderstrike
Jean has controlled Hulk before during the Onslaught saga. Jean wins.

Comicbook_kid
Resistance to Mind Control
The Hulk has always shown an ability to resist mind control. This is probably due to the fact that there are multiple personalities residing in the Hulk's mind and a person can not control all of them at once as they offer resistance.

That's why I think Jean Grey would definately have some trouble with ol' Green Jeans.....

batdude123
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Jean has controlled Hulk before during the Onslaught saga. Jean wins.

Well, in that case, I say Jean wins this one without much trouble. She would just enter his mind and subside his anger reverting him back to Banner and then telekinetically attacking him. She could apply 15 tons of pressure that she's been shown to do with her telekinetic attacks and rip him apart. Or, she could continually bash him into a wall until he gets knocked out.

badabing
^ IMO, taking away his anger is the best course. I don't know if using force and getting him angrier is the best way.

Darth Kal-El
I don't think telepathic attacks work on Hulk. First of all, he has telepathic mind resistance as stated above. And also Onslaught would have mind f**ked him if he wasn't resistant.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by batdude123
Is Hulk immune to telepathic attacks? Cause if he isn't, than this fight lasts all but a second.

He shook off Professor X, but I don't think with Jean he'd be so lucky.

badabing
I know he's resistant to them. But trying physical stuff would only enrage him. Jean Grey is hot, maybe she could use her womanly "assets" on him.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by badabing
I know he's resistant to them. But trying physical stuff would only enrage him. Jean Grey is hot, maybe she could use her womanly "assets" on him.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3844/icon56yl.gif

They did that with She Hulk to calm him........ew.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
I don't think telepathic attacks work on Hulk. First of all, he has telepathic mind resistance as stated above. And also Onslaught would have mind f**ked him if he wasn't resistant. So everyone who fought him was telepathically resistant?

Oh wait didn't Onslaught have control of the hulk for a while?

Yeah that's right and cable and Storm working to gether freed him from the influence.

inamilist
Originally posted by Creshosk
So everyone who fought him was telepathically resistant?

Oh wait didn't Onslaught have control of the hulk for a while?

Yeah that's right and cable and Storm working to gether freed him from the influence.

Onslaught SHOULD have mindraped everyone... smile

i know tony stark came up with psychic blockers or something near the end, but for the most part, onslaught was too arrogant to think he would need to just eliminate everyone in that way

jean didn't take control of the hulk in the same way that onslaught did, both she and cable were able to unlock differant personalities within the hulk though he still remained in control (or onslaught in the case of the cable incident). It was banner himself who eventually broke the control onslaught had on him, with cable's help

So, its likely that he is resistant to all but uber telepathy, especially when it comes to control

however, there is nothing stopping Jean from simply levetating the hulk until he calms down and reverts into banner

StyleTime
Jean Grey wins this easily EVERYtime.

If Hulk somehow resisted the telepathy(he won't), Jean could use her TELEKINESIS, that some people seem to forget she has, to throw Hulk somewhere far away, knock him out, or do as inamalist said.

Jean Grey 10/10

bitca730
Of the very few comics I actually own, there was one issue where Jean held back Juggernaut coming at her at full force while casually standing there with her arms crossed. This was a '97-98 comic I believe...I know Juggs is no Hulk but this was classic Juggernaut and Jean wasn't possessing any Phoenix powers...I'm just saying...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Resistance to Mind Control
The Hulk has always shown an ability to resist mind control. This is probably due to the fact that there are multiple personalities residing in the Hulk's mind and a person can not control all of them at once as they offer resistance.

That's why I think Jean Grey would definately have some trouble with ol' Green Jeans.....

Xavier made Hulk his b*itch during the Onslaught Saga, during said Saga Jean was able to manipulate him psionically and also during said Saga Cable (at the time a far less powerful TP than Jean) took out Hulk with a psi blast enhanced in efficiency by Storms lightning.

The makeup of Hulks psyche might provide resistance, but then hes far from immune to TP assault.

coosie
Maybe Jean can just focus all her telekinetic power to yank out Hulk's eyes and just fly away. I think technically it's a win because Hulk won't be able to do anything after that.

batdude123
Originally posted by coosie
Maybe Jean can just focus all her telekinetic power to yank out Hulk's eyes and just fly away. I think technically it's a win because Hulk won't be able to do anything after that.

His eyes would grow back literally in seconds due to his insane healing factor. wink But Jean would still win this.

Soleran
maybe jean could just lift him off the ground so he couldn't move and tote him around like a big green pet until he got bored and turned into banner pirate

coosie
Right. I totally forgot about that healing factor. What if Jean didn't stop yanking out Hulk's eyes everytime he heals and ends up with a ton of eyeballs? Do the eyes have enough healing power to create their own body resulting in an army of Hulks?

ixie
Hmm. An army of Hulks. Wonder what could a simultaneous thunderclap of 500 Hulks do. Jean had better flee.

grey fox
Originally posted by ixie
Hmm. An army of Hulks. Wonder what could a simultaneous thunderclap of 500 Hulks do. Jean had better flee.

Shatter her bones and liquefy her organs ?

bigboygreen
Hulk just laughs and walks away.

Dayscribe
Couldn't Jean just fling him into orbit? She's damn powerful.

peejayd
* Jean got telekinesis and telepathy... if telepathy won't work, she can telekinetically blow Hulk away...

StyleTime
Originally posted by bigboygreen
Hulk just laughs and walks away.
Because he'll realize he'll lose to Jean so quickly.

LordKaos
Even the weakest Jean is powerful, he uses thundeclap, she generates a telekinetic shield to take the brunt of the attack. Outside of being powerful Jean is also smart and hero to the core who never gives up, Hulk is primarily a good guy on uber steroids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.