Reeker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
http://www.roicat.com.tw/poster/o-r/reeker.JPG

"When a lonely highway is inexplicably closed, five students sharing a ride to a party in the desert find themselves trapped at a recently deserted travel oasis. Refusing to let the new circumstances interfere with their fun, they settle in only to be interrupted by odd, haunting visions of severely mutilated travelers. They are soon preyed upon by a decaying creature and as the body count rises, the bizarre mystery deepens."

I think it's going to be something like Jeepers Creepers.

Has anyone already seen this? It has that guy from Hostel in it.

http://www.reekermovie.com/
http://film.virgin.net/synopsis/synopsis.asp?filmid=5037&sec=syn&pgtitle=movietrailersarchive

deathbycorn
Well I just got it from a great site that always has new release horror torrents and I must say it's a pretty good movie, aswell as Feed. They are two movies worth seeing this year.

C-Dic
Dead Meat:

Reeker:

You got something for movies where kids get stranded in the middle of nowhere and something bad happens, don't ya? laughing out loud

More derivative, unoriginal horror. The genre is DOOMED! Doomed I say!

deathbycorn
Yeah but you like Scream so you're opinions mean shit to me buddy.

Next you'll be telling me TCM was crap because it was about stranded kids in the middle of nowhere.

C-Dic
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Yeah but you like Scream so you're opinions mean shit to me buddy.

Next you'll be telling me TCM was crap because it was about stranded kids in the middle of nowhere.

Here we go again. Your signature "Scream sucks" defense. But, no, considering TCM was the first movie to actually use the whole stranded and abandoned strategy, and actually make it WORK and be SCARY, no, I don't think it was crap.

deathbycorn
TCM was the first movie to actually use the whole stranded and abandoned strategy. BULLSHIT.

C-Dic
Really? What were some other movies where kids went on a road trip, had their car break down, and they ran into a killer in the middle of nowhere?

What's more, where are you going with this?

beta-wolf_101
There are about a hundred movies like that before TCM. TCM wasn't that great of a movie in my opinion either.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by C-Dic
Really? What were some other movies where kids went on a road trip, had their car break down, and they ran into a killer in the middle of nowhere?

What's more, where are you going with this?
I'm just trying to prove you wrong, C-Dic. You think you are king shit and know everything about everything when it comes to horror. Well for starters you think Scream is a peice of horror history so your laughable.

Secondly, you bag out Wrong Turn and such for copying the stranded and a killer on the loose plot and say TCM was the first movie to ever use that plot. BULLSHIT.

You ever heard of a movie called Deliverence? 2 years before TCM.

But keep talking out of you're ass it's funny to read.

beta-wolf_101
Chill out guys. Seriously there is nothing to fight about, you are both wrong and right at the same time. Movies are a matter of preference. The 'stranded in the middle of nowhere' plot was done in Night of the Living Dead in 1968 and it wasn't a new thing then. In 50's that was all horror movies really were, creature flicks that involved teenager's in the middle of nowhere. So stop fighting, it like listen to old ladies arguing over weather the sky is blue or powder blue.

C-Dic
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I'm just trying to prove you wrong, C-Dic. You think you are king shit and know everything about everything when it comes to horror. Well for starters you think Scream is a peice of horror history so your laughable.

Secondly, you bag out Wrong Turn and such for copying the stranded and a killer on the loose plot and say TCM was the first movie to ever use that plot. BULLSHIT.

You ever heard of a movie called Deliverence? 2 years before TCM.

But keep talking out of you're ass it's funny to read.

I don't think that at all. I know alot, and I'm going to share what I know. "Scream" is factually a piece of Horror movie history, because it revitalized the slasher genre as we know it, and turned it on its ear. The earnings in the box office speak volumes as well.

Also, there's no comparing "Deliverance" and "TCM". "Deliverance" isn't a Horror movie to begin with, and secondly, the group of 4 men weren't lost. They took a hiking trip into the backwoods ON PURPOSE.

You say I'm talking out of my ass, but you have yet to change your approach, or tell me what other movies were fashioned like TCM before its release.

C-Dic
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
Chill out guys. Seriously there is nothing to fight about, you are both wrong and right at the same time. Movies are a matter of preference. The 'stranded in the middle of nowhere' plot was done in Night of the Living Dead in 1968 and it wasn't a new thing then. In 50's that was all horror movies really were, creature flicks that involved teenager's in the middle of nowhere. So stop fighting, it like listen to old ladies arguing over weather the sky is blue or powder blue.

I'm not fighting. I'm debating logically..with myself, apparently. Anywho, NOTLD did NOT use a stranded plot, and is in no way similar to TCM or its offspring. In NOTLD, Tom and Barbara went to a cemetary in the town, which was already becoming overrun with zombies. They didn't venture out. They didn't get lost. They weren't stalked by a mad man. Get my point?

In the 50's the only "horror" about was in the Sci Fi realm. I'm talking about movies where kids go on some escapade, get lost, and run into killers. Nothing like that was around before TCM. TCM started the whole damn "vacation from hell" craze.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by C-Dic
They took a hiking trip into the backwoods ON PURPOSE.
Canoeing trip.

C-Dic
Same ****ing thing. It doesn't change the fact.

beta-wolf_101
C-Dic you aren't logical and you aren't what I would call smart. Deathbycorn neither are you. You started a thread to discuss a movie, so discuss the movie regardless of your feud. C-Dic, stranded is stranded, and hunted is hunted, it does not matter if its a mad man or zombie that is doing the hunting and it does not matter if they are lost or not, it's being done before. Deliverance is not a horror, its not blood and gory, it is completely physcological, but it is the same plot device and they were lost even if they went into the backwoods on purpose. NOTLD is a great movie, but the original thing about it was not the zombie's or the stranded-surrounded plot, it was the African Amercian hero. TCM is a great movie because it took the lost and stranded plot and removed the innocent teenagers. Since they made the characters more real they had to make the killer more brutally. This is what made it a classic, they removed the bloodless killings. Deathbycorn don't nit pick, if you understood what they said there is not need to correct them. Scream was a breath of life for the slasher genre and it is pretty ground breaking to kill the protagonist in the first fiffteen minutes. I personally wouldn't call it a classic or historical but if C-Dic wants to, that fine by me and it should be by you. He is entitled to his opinion and your are to yours. Bitching about won't make him change it, in fact I'm pretty sure it just reinforces it. So could you please get back to the subject at hand. If you want to continue this, I'll ask Backfire if I can make you guys a thread, but untill then grow the f**k up.

deathbycorn
Ok back to the movie, here is a screenshot.
I watched this movie and I must say it rips movies like Hostel apart.

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/5311/reekerscreen25vk.jpg

Now check them effects out.

beta-wolf_101
That is purty good.

C-Dic
Actually, I'm quite logical, heralded as one of the most logical and thorough debaters on KMC over the past 2 years here in the MDF.

As for..

No, it's not. I am debating SPE-CI-FICS here. There have been horror movie after horror movie based on the VERY premise of teens getting lost or abandoned somewhere and running into trouble. I'm the one that said it had been done before, but not before TCM, not in that fashion, and sure as hell not in NOTLD.

...and you can cry to Backfire all you want. These forums are for discussion, and that's what I am doing. You can keep up your practice of introducing totally irrelevant banter..because I'm through with both of you.

beta-wolf_101
Okay C-Dic. You have fun now. By the way I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with either of you. I think both of you are equally stupid for allowing this go beyond two posts.

C-Dic
That's fine. I'm bored, it's been a while since these forums have had any kind of real discussion, so I figured I'd indulge some kids for a while.
I, personally, don't need a referee. laughing out loud

beta-wolf_101
Personally I think you like to get into a arguement so you can call someone ignorant and incompetent.

C-Dic
I don't think I've used those words in this thread yet. I don't start "arguements" either. I usually end them, and I call a spade a spade.

beta-wolf_101
Okay. So Deathbycorn do you know when this film is suppose be coming out.

deathbycorn
Well I have a dvdrip of it so it must of already came out or I have a perfect screener that doesn't go black and white in parts. I think around July it will be released in cinemas if at all, it might be straight to dvd.

13 March 2005 (South by Southwest Film Festival, USA)
21 October 2005 (Screamfest Film Festival, USA)

It was shown then.

beta-wolf_101
Well I'll look forward to that.

MildPossession
The effects in that picture look awful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.