Sentry vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
fights in titan.....

Murda Mase
Sentry

Thunderstrike
If what is said about Sentry is true, then Sentry.

If he's about Herald level, he gets the pimp hand.

leonheartmm
sentry

Wally West
Its difficult to judge at the moment but for now I'll give Sentry the benefit of the doubt and say he takes it.

leonheartmm
sentry isnt at herald level. its been proven time n time again. just cause some surfer fanboys cant get that in their heads doesnt mean u shudnt.

Thunderstrike
I said if. If meaning if. Meaning nobody knows what his current power level is.

BlaqChaos
Even as powerful as Sentry is, I'd give the win to Thanos. But only because of thier respective minds. Sentry is crazy unstable and Thanos is a mad genious.

Validus
Originally posted by leonheartmm
sentry isnt at herald level. its been proven time n time again. just cause some surfer fanboys cant get that in their heads doesnt mean u shudnt.
Proven time and time again with his 2 feats. laughing

Supergirl has more impressive feats than Sentry.

Thunderstrike
Exactly. He has little to nothing to go on but speculation.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Validus
Proven time and time again with his 2 feats. laughing

Supergirl has more impressive feats than Sentry.
Who doesn't ............... confused

Validus
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
Who doesn't ............... confused
Well thats what I'm saying. Everyone gets pissed when someone says Superman could pose a threat to Thanos and Clark has actual high level feats that can backup such a claim. You can call them jobbing or whatever (which I personally do) but they do exist. I don't see what Sentry has done to put him on Thanos level.

Soleran
Sentry has a friend named Cloc thats why

Thunderstrike
and a dog that's basically a crazy Krypto.

Soleran
Well I will say I like CLOC's function but lets say hmm I don't know someone like Vision helps CLOC with his descisions hmmmmm

Sir SKEETS Alot
Well thats what I'm saying. Everyone gets pissed when someone says Superman could pose a threat to Thanos and Clark has actual high level feats that can backup such a claim. You can call them jobbing or whatever (which I personally do) but they do exist. I don't see what Sentry has done to put him on Thanos level.
These Fans (you know who you are) hate on supes so much that at the first sight of a character with the potential to be stronger then supes they jump on the band wagon and become instint fan-boys......
They can't grasp the marketing/hyperbole aspect of sentry's bio's.
Until Sentry has some more showings he's at high Herald level period.

Thunderstrike
I think it would probably be best to keep him at at Thor/Surfer level, which is the same as Hyperion of Supreme Power, and a tad more than Superman. Marvelites are gonna hate it when it comes down to "This looks like a job for Super, I mean, Sentry!"

Validus
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
I think it would probably be best to keep him at at Thor/Surfer level, which is the same as Hyperion of Supreme Power, and a tad more than Superman. Marvelites are gonna hate it when it comes down to "This looks like a job for Super, I mean, Sentry!"
It's already happened. New Avengers #18 is being advertised as The Sentry Vs. Michael, the Collective. The rest of the team has the day off I suppose.

Thunderstrike
Guess so. Am I the only one wanting Thor or Beta Ray to hand this guy his butt?

Sir SKEETS Alot
And how is Hyperion more powerful then superman?

Thunderstrike
Supreme Power Hyperion is supposed to be as powerful as Thor and Silver Surfer. It's how Strazynski wanted him to be in the first place. Also, why would it be hard to grasp if Hyperion from SP is more powerful?

Sir SKEETS Alot
Supreme Power Hyperion is supposed to be as powerful as Thor and Silver Surfer. It's how Strazynski wanted him to be in the first place. Also, why would it be hard to grasp if Hyperion from SP is more powerful?
It's not hard at all it's just I'll rather have some sort of evidence to say that Hyperion is more powerful then supes.

Thunderstrike
There hasn't been enough time really to show it. His feats are very, very impressive though. Strazynski is really pushing the whole Gods among Men stuff, and it's great. There's a Hyperion respect thread if you wanna go look.

Validus
Because he doesn't have the feats. I know what JMS intended but going by feats I would be hesitant to put him on Wonder Man level. He was nearly killed by what, a dozen nukes? Compare that to the number of nukes Superman took when fighting Doomsday and wasn't even KO'd by. Millions and millions.

Sir SKEETS Alot
There hasn't been enough time really to show it. His feats are very, very impressive though. Strazynski is really pushing the whole Gods among Men stuff, and it's great. There's a Hyperion respect thread if you wanna go look.
I have all supreme power books and nothing indicates that he's more powerful then superman...........

Sir SKEETS Alot
Because he doesn't have the feats. I know what JMS intended but going by feats I would hesitant to put him on Wonder Man level. He was nearly killed by what, a dozen nukes? Compare that to the number of nukes Superman took when fighting Doomsday and wasn't even KO'd by. Millions and millions.
Exactly

Thunderstrike
Because he doesn't have the feats. I know what JMS intended but going by feats I would be hesitant to put him on Wonder Man level. He was nearly killed by what, a dozen nukes? Compare that to the number of nukes Superman took when fighting Doomsday and wasn't even KO'd by. Millions and millions.

When was Hyperion actually weakened by a nuke? If so, what yield? I'm gonna be honest, there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to nuclear warheads, one of which being the yield of it. The one Hyperion was hit with in Supreme Power #9 was at the very least a five kiloton yield.

Mider
hyperion might be more powerful then supes cause in his own universe he killed everyone even galactus, probably cause nothing hurts him at all sept a sword that can hurt anyone, gambit had to put all his energy into it to blow him up even then he just regenerated. He also tore apocalypse son armegeddon or whatever his name open, he suppose to be indestructable or whatever but got his suit torn open and his insides sucked out, i wonder how he would do against the queen of fables.

Ive heard that sentry womped dr strange and scared him badly

and broke one of galactus's heralds arm.

Thunderstrike
Uh, when did Hyperion kill Galactus, unless you're thinking of another Squadron Supreme?

Sentry punched Strange in the face, from what I've heard, and broke Terrax the Tamer's hand and cosmic axe.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Mider
hyperion might be more powerful then supes cause in his own universe he killed everyone even galactus, probably cause nothing hurts him at all sept a sword that can hurt anyone, gambit had to put all his energy into it to blow him up even then he just regenerated. He also tore apocalypse son armegeddon or whatever his name open, he suppose to be indestructable or whatever but got his suit torn open and his insides sucked out, i wonder how he would do against the queen of fables.

Ive heard that sentry womped dr strange and scared him badly

and broke one of galactus's heralds arm.
You're so lost............. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Validus
When was Hyperion actually weakened by a nuke? If so, what yield? I'm gonna be honest, there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to nuclear warheads, one of which being the yield of it. The one Hyperion was hit with in Supreme Power #9 was at the very least a five kiloton yield.
Hyperion was left bloody and beaten. Not only that but he had trouble with that super powered thug in SP #13 and only stalemated Dr. Spectrum who isn't even close to GL level if anyone thinks so. I think Wonder Man/Namor level would be adequate to describe Hyperion.

Mr. Valentine
nah, he didnt stalemate him, he let him hit him at the start because he hadnt felt pain before, then he started to beat him, and dr spectrum blasted him and flew off. Hyperion wanted to talk to him to ask him stuff but he flew of without listening

Validus
He didn't win and Spectrum didn't lose. Stalemate I'd say.

My sole point in that discussion is that Hyperion is not portrayed near Superman level in any category. Strength, durability, speed, etc.

Mr. Valentine
strength? maybe... durability, no.. speed bit slower
and spectrum legged it, if it had continued he would of lost quite heavily.
BUT i agree overall, superman would have him beat after a good battle.

Validus
He doesn't have the strength feats either. Not even close. Same with speed. He can reach escape velocity pretty easily. Superman can hit lightspeed with just as much ease.

Crease
Thanos of Titan, of course.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Crease
Thanos of Titan, of course. finally someone sticking to the thread.

Thanos_6383
laughing Happens to all these threads

Mider
actually i was talking about the hyperion who womped those characters that have to go through the alternate universes commanded by the time trapper or keeper whatever. the exiles or whatever i was talking about that hyperion not whoever your talking about.

boriquaking55
Hyperion, Superman, David Hasselhoff, Donald Trump's Tupee. What do these things have in common? They have nothing to do with this damn thread, so stop talking about them already.

Thanos wins, if only because he's proven, and Sentry has so far been too shady. He's all speculation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.