Movie Superman Vs. Movie Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMeanGreen
This is the Christopher Reeve Superman from the 80's movies vs. movie Hulk from 2003. Fight takes place in a crowded city. who wins?

Thunderstrike
If you would have said Brandon Routh, I would have said Hulk, because at least he has the look correct.

Superman wins.

MrMeanGreen
You really think he could defeat a mad 15 ft hulk? He had trouble with Nuclear man. Supes got hammered into the surface of the moon. im sure he wouldnt of done that to the hulk.

ChaoticReign
And what did he do afterwards...oh that's right he moved the entire moon. I'm sure I must have just missed the part in the hulk movie where he did something more impressive.

Darth Kal-El
Superman got put down by a bus. Well Hulk still sucked. I unno

Thunderstrike
I thought Hulk was great! Of course, if you go into it expecting a normal superhero movie of good guy vs bad guy, you won't like it.

Wally West
Movie Superman wraps Hulk in one of those weird S plastic shield things then turns back time to before the accident which turned Banner into Hulk.

Thunderstrike
What the hell was up with that S anyway?

AJ4LIFE
that hulk film suck all of them did supes and all, the hulk film wasnt as powerful as he was in comics he goes down fast

MrMeanGreen
And what did he do afterwards...oh that's right he moved the entire moon. I'm sure I must have just missed the part in the hulk movie where he did something more impressive.

thats impressive, but it still dosen't say how he would beat him. hulk wasnt that great of a movie, but it was much better than the sup movies. the new one looks nice tho.

Space M ummy
I'm with Wally- Reeve era superman was pulling ridiculous powers out of his ass right and left. He's fast enough to fly around the world and turn back time, has super hypnotism to make people FORGET he's superman, and nobody knows what the hell that S- thing was that the threw in superman II.

Thunderstrike
That's how Superboy Prime is going down. Celophane S's are his weakness.

spetznaz
Originally posted by MrMeanGreen
You really think he could defeat a mad 15 ft hulk? He had trouble with Nuclear man. Supes got hammered into the surface of the moon. im sure he wouldnt of done that to the hulk.

You have some selective memory pal.

For one the Superman in those movies was an analogue of pre-Crisis Superman .....for instance the whole turning back time, faster than light speed, throwing stuff into the sun in a simple hurl, moving the moon easily feats.
The Hulk in the movie was a pathetically weak version of the comicbook Hulk.

You mentioned NuclearMan and how Superman had trouble with him. Well, if you recall correctly NM had radiation that was poisonous to Superman. Also NuclearMan was a form of Superman clone made when Luthor got a strand of Superman's hair. Now, mix the two (a matrix of Superman plus radiation lethal to Superman) and you have a dangerous foe for Supes.
Does the movie Hulk have anything of those advantages? Nope, thus it is moot to bring it up.

Furthermore in the Hulk movie the Green-One jumps onto the back of a F-22 Raptor, which immediately goes into full thrust and heads higher up into the atmosphere (where the air is thinner). What happens? The Hulk gets dizzy due to lack of air, and passes out!
He passes out due to lack of air while piggy-backing on the dorsal of a Raptor!
The Hulk freakin' passes out!

(BTW that is one of the MANY reasons why I think the people over at Marvel did not see the plot for that movie. There were so many levels of inanity in that film, ranging from plot to horrid CG effects ....remember when they showed a preview of the film the reaction to the CG, especially what the Hulk looked like, was so bad in test audiences they had to re-do the darn thing before the movie opened, to several deviations from the comic Hulk that are substantial. I doubt Marvel knew exactly what was been done to the Hulk in that film. IMO Marvel should sue)

And this is the character you are matching against the movie version of Reeve's Superman?

What if the movie Superman took him for a spin to Pluto?

Movie Hulk has absolutely NO chance of defeating the Reeve version of Superman.

AJ4LIFE
co-sighned

jrodslam
Supes with ease.

AJ4LIFE
yes

MrMeanGreen

im sure a fight between these 2 powerhouses would be better written (i hope) than supes flying him to pluto. win or lose, who wouldnt wanna see that fight in a movie... but im sure, as i read so much in these places, the movie would suck anyway...

spetznaz
Originally posted by MrMeanGreen

im sure a fight between these 2 powerhouses would be better written (i hope) than supes flying him to pluto. win or lose, who wouldnt wanna see that fight in a movie... but im sure, as i read so much in these places, the movie would suck anyway...

The point wasn't really flying the movie Hulk off on a solar system tour, it was to show that the strengths of the movie Superman and the weaknesses of the movie Hulk were just too stark!
The movie versions of the two characters are simply not in the same league.

In one case you have a character that is stopping and turning back time to bring people back to life, moving the moon, and playing god.
On the other hand you have a character that is being driven back by comanche attack helicopters, and being made unconscious by being taken on the back of a Raptor to higher altitudes that have thinner air.

The Reeve Superman and the movie Hulk are simply not comparable.

AJ4LIFE
that pluto thing was menetioned earlier lol

TheKahn
eer

Let's compare several aspects of theses two movies:

Main Actor:
Christopher Reeve - Superman
-critically praised for his portrayal of both Superman and Clark Kent
-after suffering a debilitating spinal injury he became an advocate for disabled people and inspiration to millions.
-helped to open the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center, a federal government facility devoted to teaching paralyzed people to live more independently. Reeve also chaired the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, which funds research on paralysis and works to improve the lives of the disabled. To date, the Foundation has awarded $55 million in research grants and $7.5 million in quality-of-life grants.
-As Superman in addition to "normal" super-powers he could time travel under his own power and seemingly invent new super-powers at will, saved millions of lives from Luthor's plots, saved the world from being taken over by General Zod

Vs.

Eric Bana - Bruce Banner
-stared in failed historical epic Troy with Brad Pitt and an elf
-As the Hulk got angry and broke public and private property

Main Villain:
Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor
-two time Oscar award winner who is one of the most respected actors in Hollywood

Vs.

Sam Elliot - Gen. Ross
-played "the Stranger" in The Big Lebowski

The Movie
Superman
-domestic gross of $134,218,018 in 1978

Vs.

The Hulk
-domestic gross of $132,177,234 in 2003

Superman wins 10/10

badabing
I hate to go against Big Green in a subjective thread, but Reeve as Superman is the standard of all comic movies.

Tron
And don't forget Reeve's Superman took half of a mountain and plugged a volcano with it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. whistle

badabing
He also took every nuclear missile on Earth and threw them into the Sun.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by TheKahn
eer

Eric Bana - Bruce Banner

Aw that's not fair rofl, Eric Bana DID star in Munich, which was an alright film. stick out tongue

badabing
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Aw that's not fair rofl, Eric Bana DID star in Munich, which was an alright film. stick out tongue
I never heard of him until Hulk and I kept calling him Eric Banana. Happy Dance

spetznaz
Originally posted by TheKahn
eer

Let's compare several aspects of theses two movies:

Main Actor:
Christopher Reeve - Superman
-critically praised for his portrayal of both Superman and Clark Kent
-after suffering a debilitating spinal injury he became an advocate for disabled people and inspiration to millions.
-helped to open the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center, a federal government facility devoted to teaching paralyzed people to live more independently. Reeve also chaired the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, which funds research on paralysis and works to improve the lives of the disabled. To date, the Foundation has awarded $55 million in research grants and $7.5 million in quality-of-life grants.
-As Superman in addition to "normal" super-powers he could time travel under his own power and seemingly invent new super-powers at will, saved millions of lives from Luthor's plots, saved the world from being taken over by General Zod

Vs.

Eric Bana - Bruce Banner

Main Villain:
Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor
-two time Oscar award winner who is one of the most respected actors in Hollywood

Vs.

Sam Elliot - Gen. Ross
-played "the Stranger" in The Big Lebowski

The Movie
Superman
-domestic gross of $134,218,018 in 1978

Vs.

The Hulk
-domestic gross of $132,177,234 in 2003

Superman wins 10/10

You put it perfectly.

Actually I'd give Reeve Superman more than 10/10 (maybe 20/10) because this would be an uber stomp.
Absolutely NO chance for the movie Hulk to do anything (but gawk).

AJ4LIFE
to true

Juntai
Not to mention he erased Lois' memory of Clark and Superman being the same by touching her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.