DE Sidious vs. Ulic Qel Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tdtd
The setting is Dxun

1st fight- Saber duel
2nd fight- only force powers
3rd fight- anything goes

tdtd
Apologies in advance if this has been done.

jollyjim311
Sidious. He fries him.

Revolver Ocelot
1 - Ulic
2 - Palpatine
3 - Depends. If Ulic can close the gap quick enough he'll win. If he can't, his arse is fried to oblivion.

jollyjim311
I'm actually tempted to say Sidious in all three, but I have some reading to do, I'll check back later.

tdtd
I still question Ulic's saber abilities even as a saber prodigy, even if 1 or 2 people think he's better than Yoda. DE Sidious however was better than Yoda, he was young and agile and very strong with the force, so I'd say he takes it in all 3 fights.

Revolver Ocelot
But Ulic stalemated a pissed off Jedi while seperated from the Force. Unquantifyable, but according to Kreia's descriptions (When she talks to Atton in Telos), it should account for a hefty bit.

tdtd
Right and how woud you define it and put it against DE Sidious' abilities? You can't. Ulic could have held his own against almost all of the PT Jedi if not all of them(possibly), but the DE series is where the combatants start getting very powerful.. I still say he goes down in all 3.

jollyjim311
Yeah... well...Sidious likey move saber real fast! He go zap and teh whole fleet go Ka-Boom-dead!

-Ergo Sidious is the victor.

tdtd
I agree it might be close in a lightsaber fight, MIGHT be.. But DE Sidious' force mastery is beyond Ulic's..

jollyjim311
Yeah, there is no question. The only hazy area is saber skills, but I still think Sidious wins.

IKC
No, he wasn't. Not in saber combat. Luke took his freaking hand off - obviously, DE Sidious hasn't been keeping up with his saber skills.

In the first match, Ulic wins

Second, Sidious

Third, toss up. I'm tempted to give it to Ulic more often than not.

(Oh, and "anything goes" can be construed wildly. Better define it better)

Tarvos
Ulic would win with relative ease.

Sidious would win the second fight with his almighty Force Storm.

If Sidious could call down a Storm before Ulic can defeat him, then Sidious wins. But Ulic has a chance.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
But Ulic stalemated a pissed off Jedi while seperated from the Force. Unquantifyable, but according to Kreia's descriptions (When she talks to Atton in Telos), it should account for a hefty bit.

Yeah, I remember that discussion. A jedi without the force is considered less capable than an average person because a large part of who they were is missing. Yet Ulic not only recovered, he still managed to get an excellent fighter.

PurpleSaber
1. Ulic
2. Sidious
3. Sidious

Faunus
Originally posted by IKC
No, he wasn't. Not in saber combat. Luke took his freaking hand off - obviously, DE Sidious hasn't been keeping up with his saber skills.

Eh? Sidious lost to a Luke whose powers were being amplified by those of Leia.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/JawaKing_987/Lukevs.jpg

Notice how the room gets progressively darker, up until the point we see Sidious pin Luke up against the wall. We then see Leia, surrounded by light, and Luke breaks the lock, as well as the darkness, which is visible through the scattering of the dark in the next panel.

The first time they dueled, Sidious put Luke on his ass.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/JawaKing_987/SidiousWins.jpg

I don't think Palpatine is dramatically out of practice at all. I'll say that he takes it all three times more often than not.

Revolver Ocelot
...Is he naked?

lawl i see his bum bum

Faunus
He's in a newly released clone. So yes. wink

Great Vengeance
I agree with Faunus.

zephiel7
How do you know Qel Droma is a better duelist than DE Luke?

IKC
Originally posted by zephiel7
How do you know Qel Droma is a better duelist than DE Luke?

Because DE Luke still isn't that good?

Ah yes, because amplifying Force powers all of a sudden makes him a god of lightsaber combat... oh, wait.

Seriously, explain to me how Leia's assistance suddenly puts Luke at the level of a competant duelist?

I'm not surprised he put Luke "Strikeout King" Skywalker on his ass, but that doesn't instantly mean that he's still in practice in lightsaber combat. If anything, it shows that, even in a diminished state, Palpatine's training was far more complete than Luke's was at that point.

Faunus
Originally posted by IKC
Ah yes, because amplifying Force powers all of a sudden makes him a god of lightsaber combat... oh, wait.

Seriously, explain to me how Leia's assistance suddenly puts Luke at the level of a competant duelist?

If you'd actually looked at the panel, you'd see it yourself.

Of course: the Skywalker sobriquet. I suppose that's to be expected anytime Luke is brought up in this forum. But if you must, at least use one that makes sense.

I'm sure that's why an earlier incarnation of Luke is capable of attacking at blinding speed with his lightsaber: at least, he is if your vaunted image blurs equate to speed.

As to Palpatine's training being more complete than Luke's, no sh*t. He's only had sixty-five years as of RotS, two additional decades of soaking up what was looted from the Temple, and between four and five more years after his ''fall'' on the Death Star II. Luke first touched a lightsaber. . . ten years prior to DE. Hurray for stating the obvious!

darthsith19
1. If Sidious really moves so fast you can't see him, he beats Ulic.
2. Sidious pwns
3. Sidious wins

tdtd
Stating that Ulic is better than DE Luke is pure speculation, as usual. Stating Ulic could defeat Palpatine in a saber combat, is opinion. Stating Ulic could defeat DE Sidious in a force battle is pure ignorance at best.

Deception
a Luke with 9 years of pretty much self taught training is not going to surpass a Sith Lord who spent their entire life being taught and studying Lightsaber combat.

1) Ulic wins
2) DE Sidious wins
3) DE Sidious takes it more often than not ( Depends if Ulic can close the distance)

tdtd
Maybe so, actually most likely yea, but what puts Ulic above DE Sidious?

Illustrious
Originally posted by tdtd
Maybe so, actually most likely yea, but what puts Ulic above DE Sidious?

Up until DE, what put Luke ahead of DE Sidious?

Let's not be silly here, if you are ignorant, don't MAKE CONCLUSIONS from ignorance.

tdtd
Originally posted by Illustrious

Let's not be silly here, if you are ignorant, don't MAKE CONCLUSIONS from ignorance.

Who put Luke above DE Sidious? What are you talking about? I'm asking what puts Ulic above DE Sidious?

Deception
He isn't *above* DE Sidious, if you recall Dooku is likely a superior duelist to Sidious, but its unlikely he was overall superior. And I'm not saying Ulic will have an easy time to fight Sidious in lightsaber combat, but after a gruelling long battle its likely Ulic comes out on top more often than not.

Really its the 3rd fight that justifies who's superior, and like most people have stated DE Sidious is superior.

Illustrious
Who put Luke above DE Sidious? What are you talking about? I'm asking what puts Ulic above DE Sidious?

Doh. Let's try to understand analogies here.

What did Luke (as of DE) have on DE Sidious? Not much, yet he still managed to cut off his hand.

Ulic demonstrated a more impressive saber feat than Luke did up until that point.

tdtd
Originally posted by Deception
He isn't *above* DE Sidious, if you recall Dooku is likely a superior duelist to Sidious, but its unlikely he was overall superior. And I'm not saying Ulic will have an easy time to fight Sidious in lightsaber combat, but after a gruelling long battle its likely Ulic comes out on top more often than not.

Really its the 3rd fight that justifies who's superior, and like most people have stated DE Sidious is superior.

Dooku was superior to ROTS Sidious, and unless you're sayin ROTS Sidious=DE Sidious, then that's not a valid response, as DE Sidious was beyond ROTS/ROTJ Sidious...

tdtd
Doh. Let's try to understand analogies here.

What did Luke (as of DE) have on DE Sidious? Not much, yet he still managed to cut off his hand.

Ulic demonstrated a more impressive saber feat than Luke did up until that point.

You're right Illustrious, Leia's battle meditation played no part in this fight..

Deception
In terms of Lightsaber combat we have nothing but speculation, its clear that he was in terms of Force Power. But Dooku being the Makashi master he is, has a better chance of winning.

Another point is you state that he moves faster than the eye can see, its unsupported hyperbole from Leia, so thus it cannot be considered "proof" that Sidious was superior to his ROTS counterpart in terms of Lightsaber combat.

Great Vengeance

Ignorance is tdtds way of life. Do be tolerant of other peoples beliefs, Illustrious.

Illustrious
You're right Illustrious, Leia's battle meditation played no part in this fight..

Leia's battle meditation gave Luke lightsaber skills?

tdtd
Right but I can turn around and say he was younger with even more force knowledge than before.

Jonathan Mark
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/283/54lt.jpg

tdtd
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Ignorance is tdtds way of life. Do be tolerant of other peoples beliefs, Illustrious.

How many times do you have to embarass yourself, and how many times do I have to embarass you? Don't type unless you want to be laughed at.

And Illustrious I was pointing out that although DE Sidious was the better fighter, the battle meditation gave Luke more confidence, since that is what it does.

Deception
Battle Meditation doesnt it give more focus and concentration on top of more confidence?

tdtd
That's my point.

Deception
Then technically it may not affect Luke's skills, but it would allow him to perform to the best of his ability.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Deception
Then technically it may not affect Luke's skills, but it would allow him to perform to the best of his ability.

That's the point, battle meditation does not give the guy skills he never had before. It won't make a stormtrooper beat Marka Ragnos.

Deception
But in a sense the best of Luke's skills is above Sidious's abilities.

Oh it might allow a storm trooper to defeat the mummified remains of Ragnos.

Janus Marius
That's the point, battle meditation does not give the guy skills he never had before. It won't make a stormtrooper beat Marka Ragnos.

It would be badass if it did.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
It would be badass if it did.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/759/53it1.jpg

Borbarad
Leia's battle meditation gave Luke lightsaber skills?

Did you see Faunus post on the first page ?

Sidious pwned Luke.
With Battle Meditation Luke pwned Sidious.
So...do you have another explanation why Luke was able to win against Sidious instead of Leia's battle meditation ? Because I don't see one.

Of course it didn't "gave Luke lightsaber skills" but it clearly enabled him to defeat somebody that defeated him before.

Deception
Well personally the best of Luke's saber skills > best of Sidious and Battle Meditation enabled him to do just that.

tdtd
right

Jonathan Mark
Why are we arguing over Luke's saber skills anyway?

tdtd
I forget, because someone said Ulic could beat DE Sidious in a saber battle and most likely in an overall battle.

Jonathan Mark
I forget, because someone said Ulic could beat DE Sidious in a saber battle and most likely in an overall battle.

Well seeing as he was able to hold is own against Exar who would wipe his ass with DE Sidious I think Ulic would be defeat DE Sidious.

tdtd
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Well seeing as he was able to hold is own against Exar who would wipe his ass with DE Sidious I think Ulic would be defeat DE Sidious.

Oh because he was able to hold his own with Kun, who was yet to be crowned DLOTS, and before he developed his new style and learned more sith magic, he is automatically above everyone that Kun is above? That's not a real good argument, you'd be essentially saying that Ulic>NJO Luke and Ulic>Freedon Nadd maybe, etc..

IKC
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4175/unsupportedass6ke.jpg

tdtd
so explain what puts him above DE Sidious again since I didn't catch your first argument? Besides, of course, the "Omg he stalemated Exar Kun he's l337" argument.

IKC
I'm not jumping through hoops for you. I've argued Ulic's skills before, and you've read them. Put it together yourself.

tdtd
Yes you have, but for everyone he fights, you make the same argument? Why not just say he pwns everybody that Exar Kun pwns, that TOTJ owns anything PT and Post ROTJ, and that you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance by switching to Geico?

IKC
Considering my argument explains his skills and puts them in relevant context, I feel safe making the claim that it's pretty universal.

tdtd
Yes, because Ulic>NJO Luke is anywhere near accurate..
Because Ulic>Freedon Nadd is anywhere near accurate.

Because Ulic's force abilities come anywhere close to most of the powerful SW characters...please..

Borbarad
Nice...

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/oldrepublic/oldrepublic_36_26.jpg

vs

http://intern.darklegion.de/eddie/argument/12.jpg

vs.

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/oldrepublic/oldrepublic_21_23.jpg

Can you tell me which of the "holding the weapon with two hands and doing heavy strikes" (looks like form V) styles is his "unique" one exactly ?

Or did you think about the unique style he uses later with his unique weapon only which he clearly didn't use against Ulic ?

tdtd
Nai, is this in the right thread?

So it is quite known that DE Sidious is superior to Ulic in the force obviously, and in an all out battle Sidious would position himself to win the fight as he did against Yoda, unless of course you're suggesting Ulic is smarter than Yoda, which would be more speculation in favor of the hothead.

Borbarad
Nai, is this in the right thread?

Came a little late...was a reply to the IKCs newly discovered favourite pic below the idea that Kun didn't use his unique style against Ulic. Which he in fact didn't as the pictures above will show you.

tdtd
Ahhh GOtcha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.