Ep II DvD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Will you buy it or not....

ToMacco
That's kind of a bogus question to ask at this site.

finti
laughing out loud of course I will

yerssot
there is already a DVD thread here you know ...

and I'll probably buy the VHS too, in cause you're wondering

Corran
I'll have to think about that one, I'll get back to you.

LanceWindu
Hmm...let me think...uh...YES!

I have bought most versions of the movies that are out there.

I have VHS Star Wars (original), VHS Empire Strikes Back (original), VHS Return of the Jedi (original), VHS A New Hope (re-release), VHS Empire Strikes Back (re-release), VHS Return of the Jedi (re-release), VHS A New Hope (special edition), VHS Empire Strikes Back (special edition), VHS Return of the Jedi (special edition), VHS The Phantom Menace (original), DVD The Phantom Menace (original).

I want the VHS versions of AOTC and Ep3. I also want DVD versions of ANH, ESB, ROTJ, AOTC, & Ep3.

So I will get them all.

Tex
I'll borrow ToMacco's copy and never return it! evil face

Julie
I will buy both....VHS and DVD, but the reason I asked was because "bootleg" dvd's are out there and I wondered how many people were going to buy the "real" thing

yerssot
*starts to whistle innocently*

mah
stop the thief!!

and yes, I will buy it of course

yerssot
where's the thief? where?
*smacks To*
I got him!

mah
good, now deliver both him and yourself to the police

yerssot
what did I do wrong now?

LanceWindu
Hmm...the VCD!!!

I will buy the Real DVD and Real VHS.

yerssot
no, today they make DVD's and no VCD's anymore

Corran
I've considered this, I will buy it.

LaurenE147
Um, I think I speak for all of us when I say DUH!!!!!.

Closing.

LaurenE147
OH, wait. I'm not a mod. Damn.

yerssot
hehehe, nice try...

perhaps next time?

ToMacco
When does it come out, in like two years?

Corran
Hmmm, Lauren you appear to have missed the intended sarcasm in my 2 posts, the early suggesting I would need to think about whether I would buy it, and then the later suggesting I had had much deliberation over whether to buy it or not. When truly all along I was always going to buy it. so DUH!!!!! right back at you baby.

You know I've just remembered how good it feels to be chirlish sometimes.

yerssot
November 26th, this year ofcourse

mah
they're pretty quick at releasing it this time

yerssot
which is strange... because it would be better if they did it in 2003

mah
no!

yerssot
yes!

LaurenE147
That's what I meant. So there.

finti
26 th of November is perfect, can you imagine how many EPII DVD that is going to end up as christmas gifts.

CyberFelon
Yes, but how many impatient fans are there gonna be who buy it within a week of it's release, then get given it by ignorant relatives smile

yerssot
is it a worldwide release of the DVD?

CyberFelon
I would assume so. That way they'd avoid axtra piracy.

LaurenE147
I had to wait for Christmas to get the DVD for TPM. I didn't have any money then and my parents wouldn't buy it for me. My mother has this thing with Star Wars. She thinks that I'm too obsessed.

yerssot
get her in this forum, best proof to show you're only a modest fan wink

Julie
good advice...and I think it's too late for the piracy thing....there are already many bootleg copies of the movie....however, all of the extras are an added incentive to buy the real deal wink

yerssot
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#17616

EpII dvd moved to November 12th apperently

LaurenE147
This November? Cuz I remember that it took forever last time for the DVD to come out.

yerssot
yeah, strange huh? Waiting a long time for EpI dvd, and than they make the EpII dvd in the same year! I still would say it's better to wait to bring it out, afterall, after the dvd we only have the spoilers till we reach 2005! THREE years!

mah
I say woohoo to getting the dvd early. bring it on!

yerssot
you mean with knifes?

LaurenE147
That's spelled knives, waffle boy.

ToMacco
Are you sure it comes out in Novemeber already? What about all that crap that Lucas said about how it takes so damn long to make the DVD. So he admits now that he was lying, or what?

yerssot
perhaps since it's now entirely digital they can do it faster?
But he said "you want it now or you want it good?"

mah
it IS coming out in november, To

LaurenE147
I want it now.

mah
I hear yerss has some contactsbig grin

yerssot
yeah well... depends on who's asking wink

LaurenE147
a pretty little souther belle. *flutters eyelashes*

yerssot
good enough, grab a plane and come over here, I'll give you the dvd than

LaurenE147
*flutters eyelashes some more* Could you buy my ticket, honey?

Sabrea
i would obviously buy the DVD, and the VHS, just to have both...and my mom will go crazy, she hates SW, its like all i ever talk about, SW is my life, ok maybe i AM a little too obssesed

yerssot
*faints*

Hayden'sgurl
of course i'll buy it on DVD. When does it come out on DVD, neway??

yerssot
november 16 ...or 12 dunno anymore

Sabrea

Corran
You do realise that you can get locked up for stalking.

Sabrea
how can i get locked up for stalking just because im trying to find out everything about him? is that possible? i mean, its not like i really am stalking him, im just in love *sigh* lol

yerssot
UPDATE:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/08/news20020801.html

Gundark
Woo-hoo ! This is gonna be great !!!

finti
it is big grin

Sabrea
ok...wat r we talking (okay..is it my fault that i have no brain???) , and is possible to go to jail for stalking just for trying to learn everyhting possible about hayden?? cause if it is, i need to stop searching for his websites for a while...

queeq
Looks good, the DVD.

finti
yes it does aint LOTR special edition gonna be released around the same time?

yerssot
I know one is out in August, but that's the one without extra thingies

Sabrea
i want the SW dvd...i need it now! i cant live without it...ok, well, if i have to i guess i can wait until november, but no later...

Julie
patience!

Do you mean that the LOTR being released Aug 6th won't have extras....hmmm maybe I'll have to wait then...anyway I need to save money for Star Wars stuff

mah
the LOTR dvd out tomorrow is 2 dvds with some extra. in november its a 4dvd-version with tons of it.

queeq
Yes, that's pretty mean. The extended version that comes out in december has 30 minutes of extra stuff incorprated into the movie... pretty hefty. And three more discs with A LOT of stuff. Why they make us buy two discs this time, is beyond me. The 10 minute trailer of The Two Towers is NOT on the LOTR DVD.... grrrrrrrrrrrrr... mad

yerssot
British fans (with Region 2 DVD players) hoping to see an uncut version of AOTC on DVD will be disappointed. The head butting scene will not be present on the UK DVD when it's released on November 11th. Here's what Ros Bates, the Senior Examiner at the BBFC (British Board Of Film Classification) had to say to Ed on why head butting in LOTR is OK, but not in Clones:
With respect, the head butt in "The Lord of the Rings" is different from the one in "Star Wars..Clones." The former work does not invite imitation by young children -they don't play hobbits in the playground. On the other hand, they do play Star Wars games in the playground, and that's why we took the precaution of removing the head butt at the distributor's request - the distributor was free to allow the head butt to remain for a 12, but chose not to. "Clones" featured recognisable humans in the head butt scene - "LR" deals in mythical creatures in Middle Earth.
The head butt will not be present in the DVD as we do not allow cut material to reappear in the DVD package, on the grounds that this would constitute "forbidden fruit" for children. We always consider the context of any head butt - which explains why these two examples were treated differently each work is treated on its merits.

There's no word on whether there will be any other differences between the UK and US DVD.

Sabrea
uhhh????watever, i still want my AOTC dvd now...i kno, i have to wait....does having a DVD player and a PS2 count as 2 dvd players cause ps2 plays dvds...

queeq
What head butt is this? I think I missed something. Can someone remind me?

And I think it's utterly ridiculous.... PARENTS should raise their kids, not film distributors.... I dread the day that film producers start raising our kids.

finti
Must be Jango headbutting Obi

yerssot
yes, it's written in bold above the post

queeq
Oh.... Well I still think it's ridiculous.

yerssot
cross your fingers then, UK and US DVD, no mentioning of the Dutch one

yerssot
grmbl!
give me ONE reason why we should wait for November 20???????????

Europe
Italy - November 11
Germany - November 28
Scandinavia - November 15
Spain - Novemeber 14
United Kingdom - November 11
Elsewhere - November 20

Latin America
Brazil - November 14
Mexico - November 15
Elsewhere - November 15

Asia
Korea - November 15
Taiwan - November 15

Australia
Australia - November 13

mah
november 15, yipeee

yerssot
bleurgh! 20th

Sabrea
even longer than that if u want the special edition...

yerssot
that's lotr, not EPII

Julie
I wish they would make a special edition of EpII DVD...but I'll settle for just one version for now...*sigh*

side note: who's the bigger fan????Hayden's gurl or sabrea?...or are they on two different planes so it doesn't matter?

Dexx
as i get it so far...one is Anakin's, and one hayden's

Julie
Ok.....just wondering

BTTT: Will there ever be a SE EPII DVD????

yerssot
perhaps...
in 2022 perhaps

mah
I think the 2 dvd-edition is special enough

Sabrea
ok, bad question, if it were a couple days earlier then i wouldve said me, i was completely obssesed with hayden, sabrea is a character from a fanfic that my cousin is writing, who would be me if i were a SW character and sabrea would be obssesed with anakin, but me, sarah, in reality, was obssesed with hayden, its kinda confussing, but now i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE, u get the point, hate hayden...

queeq
No. Explain it to us.

Sabrea
explain wat? y i hate him? i dont hate him ne more, i forgave him...

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) girls and emotions wink .....um so now everything's ok right Sabrea?

Ushgarak
Hey! Men get pretty crappy emotions as well!

Fire
yea that's true tho I never seen a guy go from obsessed to hate in one day, with me that looks like mental problems, I'll find the term for it in my mom's librairy (should anyone wonder my mom's a shrink and NO i don't get counciled by my mother-illegal in belgium)

Sabrea
i do NOT have mental problems...

Dexx
sarah..i might not realise it but we watch from outside. You hate him first, you like him back next. I think i could practice my shrink skills on ya

Sabrea
roll eyes (sarcastic) first of all i dont have mental problems, and second, u cold never be a shrink

yerssot
what's wrong with me?

Julie
plenty wink ...but that could be said about anyone...
And I didn't mean to leave out the men when I said
"Girls and emotions"

Ushgarak
You sure?

Sabrea
she meant girls r more emotional

Fire
that ain't all true stick out tongue

Sabrea
most of the time

Fire
most of the time ain't always so

Julie
Emotions aren't all bad....

Fire
I never said that

Sabrea
yes they r

Fire
emotions can be bad at a given time, when u must make a hard decision or when u're in battle but besides that emotions are a big part of what makes us human

Julie
smile how did we get into a deep philosophical discussion on emotions????

Sabrea
i dunno...but while we're on the subject...they can be bad alot of times, and very confussing and mixed up at times...

Julie
smile I understand...though I don't consider myself an "emotional" girl

Sabrea
i consider myself to be a little too emotional at times

Julie
That's not bad.....emotions are good just don't let them control you. wink eek! laughing out loud sad smile

Sabrea
too late

Julie
oh it's never too late to change....when the EpII DVD comes out you can watch it again and again.... that way you can cheer yourself up any time you feel down wink

Volundro Ramm
I got the DVD on Thursday the 7th. Something to check out is at the end of one of the featurettes it shows them people at ILM messing about with the special effects - one scene shows Yoda spring up from the long grass on Naboo and fire a force lightning bolt up the ass of one of those big assed cow things that Anakin was riding whilst showing of to Padme. Oh and by the way, don't tell George i've already got it before release date.

Darth Ninja
You actually stole it!? eek!

Ushgarak
I have been DVD watching today. Did a slo-mo analysis of all the sabre fights; very interesting to see Nick Gillard's skill at work. The Yoda fight, in particular, merited close analysis. Seems he makes a lot of good attacks that he has not the reach to capitalise on; Dooku makes good of this weakness by focusing on attacks that Yoda has to draw away from. But Yoda is too fast for Dooku to get an advantage and Yoda has very good positional skill- in all the clinches in which they converse, Yoda is in a better position. The ironic conclusion is that Dooku is actually very good on the move.

Oh, and his one-handed fighting style is joyful; even better in slo-mo when you can see what extrea freedom it affords him.

Julie
I should have mine by the end of the week...I ordered it from Wal Mart .com...and it shipped supposedly....

BackFire349
already got it just, im holding it right now.

finti
so how do you type then?

LanceWindu
lol

My AOTC DVD is coming to my house right now, my mom just went to Toy's R Us to get it. Right now they are having a special for it.

It's only $9.99!!!

BackFire349
i got it for 7

BackFire349
and finti, im typing with one hand, something im very used too.

LanceWindu
Typing with one hand is easy.

Just not the fastest way to get it done.

queeq
I got it.... tonight's Star Wars night! YAYYYY!!

Ushgarak
YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

mah
its out on friday here

LanceWindu
I watched it again last night!

It's even better the third time around.

King Jedi
Can someone tell me how to get the blooper reel? You're supposed to press 1138 but it doesn't work. I had the same problem with the TPM one.

LanceWindu
What kind of remote do you have for your DVD player?

King Jedi
I'm not sure what you mean.

finti
the kind that makes it work

LanceWindu
Well some DVD players the numbers go from 1-10+ Some go from 1-0

Some remotes make you press 11, then 3, then 8.

Some other ones make you press, 1, then 1, then 3, then 8.

Others make you press 10+1, then 3, then 8.

Mine makes me press 11 + enter, then 3 + enter, then 8 + enter.

So try out all of those scenarios, and maybe you can get it to work.

And remember you have to be in the options menu.

ToMacco
I tried to get the DVD a few days early with my Best Buy connections, but I failed. I had to get it last Tuesday.

finti
what the hell are you talking about Lance

Ushgarak
What bit are you having trouble with, Finti?

mah
great dvd, lovely picture- and sound- quality.

King Jedi
Lance - I know what you are talking about now. Thanks, but it still isn't working.

finti
I didnt sse the KJ question before .now embarrasment

Tex
I still haven't gotten my DVD, no big rush, seeing as how I just saw it on IMAX a couple of days agocool

Mujaffa
........................................................................................................

........................................................................................................

Julie
I got it......yeaaaa...I haven't actually watched the movie yet...but I did watch most of the extra stuff.....lots of good stuff on there

King Jedi
Is it just me or was Lucas really funny in some of those extras?

queeq
I feel the AOTC DVD is not as great as the TPM DVD. It all feels a bit like one big commercial. THe docs are allright, but in so many ways' it's very much like the TPM DVD, but the menu's aren't that well thought out of as the TPM one...

Is it just me?

I feel it didn't show the most interesting deleted scenes either.

Ushgarak
It certainly hasn't built on the TPM one to anything greater. And this time around there were simply not many interesting scenes that could be reasonably added (nice as it would be if they extended existing ones).

The Jedi Temple Hangar was cool, though... if not entirely finished.

BackFire349
i dont like sand.

mah
that IS a classic line yes.
the intro to dvd 2 is absolutely smashing, the best I've ever seen on any dvd in my lifetime. but you're right that its not AS good as the first. as have been said it lacks the general documentary that covers the filming from start to finish, like The Beginning on TPM.

Ushgarak
Yup! Missed that greatly. I loved The Beginning. Especially when they lost Liam's beard.

King Jedi
The two docu's on AOTC are still really good.

Julie
it is a very nice DvD......I haven't watched the second documentary, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first.
What feature did you like best?

queeq
Puppets to Pixels I guess... that was a good look behind the scenes, with the illustrious Widowmaker shot.

But all in all, it was indeed not as inspired as the TPM DVD was.... too bad. The bloopers were fun, but here too, no CGI bloopers. It seems like they didn't want to make too much of an effort on this DVD. My favourite blooper is the one where Jango falls off the wet soundstage. big grin

Ushgarak
That was a stunningly timed blooper!

queeq
Excellent. They should make a new "Singing in the rain" clip of all of those shots, including the one with the umbrella.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>