Mace Windu versus Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Who wins?

Revolver Ocelot
Could go either way, but I'm handing it to Dooku. As a Jedi, he managed to put Mace on his ass at least once. This Dooku has +13 years of Sith Training.

Mace was not confident he could take Dooku (as of Shatterpoint).

And Dooku "technically" won their fight in When They Were Brothers.

Great Vengeance
Its been done many times...

Oh hell, its still a good match though. Its too even for me to reach an accurate conclusion, though some people think they have it figured out.

Antediluvian
It could go either way.

It's been looked at a thousand times over.

zephiel7
Well, Dooku only won because of his bitches. Mace and Dooku were technically tied in dueling skill.

I am going to hand it to Mace, only because he is cooler.

DarkNemesis
Indeed it has been done to death, but nonetheless, I still think it would have been one of the coolest fights ever. It could easily swing either way.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by zephiel7
Well, Dooku only won because of his bitches. Mace and Dooku were technically tied in dueling skill.

What the hell do you mean Mace is cooler. Dooku is superior to Mace in every way. They are basically tied in duelling skill with the Count having a marginal lead (because of his duelling style) and in force abilties Dooku would pwn because of his knowlede in both the light and dark side.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Rampant ox
What the hell do you mean Mace is cooler. Dooku is superior to Mace in every way. They are basically tied in duelling skill with the Count having a marginal lead (because of his duelling style) and in force abilties Dooku would pwn because of his knowlede in both the light and dark side.

Sounding a little bit fanboyish there.

When it comes to Dooku being superior to Mace in dueling skills, that's bullshit.

They're on par, at best.

Force abilities? Yes, Dooku is stronger in the force so he could use the force to disable Mace but I doubt he would do that.

He'd most likely prefer a good battle with Mace.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by zephiel7

Yeah, Mace would win because he is cooler . . .

confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

PurpleSaber
Sidious is definitely better than Dooku. If Dooku was more powerful than Sidious, he would have overpowered him. That is the way of the Sith. Anyway, Mace bested Sidious. Therefore, it is likely that he would beat Dooku too. I know everyone is gonna complain because of the A>B>C argument blah blah blah, but that's the best I've got.

DarkNemesis
Well, I would say Dooku is a better swordsman than Sidious, but superior force powers was probably what kept Sidious as the master.

Rampant ox
If Mace bested Sidious how come he got thrown out the window with his arm chopped off?

Antediluvian
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Sidious is definitely better than Dooku. If Dooku was more powerful than Sidious, he would have overpowered him. That is the way of the Sith. Anyway, Mace bested Sidious. Therefore, it is likely that he would beat Dooku too. I know everyone is gonna complain because of the A>B>C argument blah blah blah, but that's the best I've got.

Dooku didn't attempt to overpower Sidious due to his fear of Sidious. He most likely knew of his plans and didn't wish to mess with him, not to mention his exceeding power. Sidious is ARGUABLY on par with Dooku when it comes to the Force and Dooku is on par at minimum with him when it comes to Lightsaber skills.

And yes, the A>B>C arguments are extremely fallible.

Actually, one could say that because Dooku has bested Mace before, he could school Dooku because Mace owned Sidious as well.

^ See? A>B>C Arguments are worth shit here.

Antediluvian
If Mace bested Sidious how come he got thrown out the window with his arm chopped off?

Mace got played out, that's why.

Sidious needed help to kill Mace. That's all there is to it.

Rampant ox
Cant we just all agree that it would be a good fight but eventually the Count would pick up the victory because of his lightsaber style and his knowledge in both sides of the force.

PurpleSaber
If Anakin hadn't shown up, Sidious would have died. Sidious was on his ass weaponless, while Mace was standing over him with his saber drawn. You tell me who is better.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
If Anakin hadn't shown up, Sidious would have died. Sidious was on his ass weaponless, while Mace was standing over him with his saber drawn. You tell me who is better.

Exactly. Sidious had been defeated. Luckily, his intelligence and persuasion triumphed over Mace's.

Rampant ox
But having Anakin help could have been part of Sidious strategy to win. If he could get Anakin to kill an elite member of the jedi council his journey to the dark side would be complete. So Sidious had Mace outsmarted by having Anakin there.

Antediluvian
But having Anakin help could have been part of Sidious strategy to win. If he could get Anakin to kill an elite member of the jedi council his journey to the dark side would be complete. So Sidious had Mace outsmarted by having Anakin there.

Anakin came on his own will. It wasn't Sidious' plan. Mace had beaten Sidious. Sidious then tried to dispose of Mace once again while Anakin was in the room by unleashing a torrent of lightning towards him. Mace blocked it and Sidious had failed again. Then as Sidious was dying from Mace redirecting the Lightning, he managed to look sympathetic enough to leech Anakin to lop off Mace's hand.

Rampant ox
Which means he didnt use his duelling or force abilities to win but his knowledge of politics and persuasion. Either way he had the winning strategy.

Antediluvian
Which means he didnt use his duelling or force abilities to win but his knowledge of politics and persuasion. Either way he had the winning strategy. No, you think he would have worked his way out of that situation if his little b*tch maid didn't arrive?

Hell no. Mace would have curbstomped Sidious and the Galaxy would be all hunky dory.

Rampant ox
OK Mace probably won that battle but it was a fluke. On any other day Palps would have won. And none of this means that Mace could beat Count Dooku.

Antediluvian
OK Mace probably won that battle but it was a fluke. On any other day Palps would have won. And none of this means that Mace could beat Count Dooku.

I'm not arguing that Mace could defeat Dooku, damn it!

Yeah, at the beginning of the battle, Mace accidentally tripped on a rock and that was him tripping throughout the whole battle. He managed to then trip on another rock to block Sidious' Lightning. The other four Jedi tripped on rocks and got unlucky. Mace just happened to survive because his rock was special!

Mace worked Sidious. Get over it.

Illustrious

Prove this. Your opinion doesn't mean jack shit.

Rampant ox
If you say so. I hate Sidious anyway and I was just arguing for him because I hate Mace more. The way he told Anakin to chop off the great Counts head is just more than I can take. I get great pleasure in the end of ROTJ when both Palps and anakin die.

Antediluvian
If you say so. I hate Sidious anyway and I was just arguing for him because I hate Mace more. The way he told Anakin to chop off the great Counts head is just more than I can take. I get great pleasure in the end of ROTJ when both Palps and anakin die.

^ Deja vu. laughing

hord06
It's very close, but I would just about give it to Mace as IMO he is slightly greater the Dooku in both the force and saber dueling.

Rampant ox
Actually I think Mace is superior in neither dueling or the force. We need to remember that Count Dookus fighting style is made for saber vs saber combat. Then take into account Dooku has mastered this style he will smash almost any other duelist. In regard to hif force abilities the Count is knowledgable in both the light and the dark side which gives him the advantage. Overall Dooku will win but probably only just.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by hord06
It's very close, but I would just about give it to Mace as IMO he is slightly greater the Dooku in both the force and saber dueling.

What the hell?

Dooku is superior to Mace when it comes to the Force. That's a given, dude.

They're on par with Saber combat.

Rampant ox
If you are going to post ridiculous comments like Mace is better than Dooku in the force could you please back it up with something.

Janus Marius
I don't know how people suddenly think that Mace > Dooku in saber combat. Where is that coming from?

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I don't know how people suddenly think that Mace > Dooku in saber combat. Where is that coming from?

"D00d, M4c3 b34t3d t3h duku's master! so,., . 2fd 1f m4c3 b34tz t3h m4st3rz, h3 c4n pw/\/ teh appareneeparentice!111 lolzorxorss!!1111oneoneleevlelevne!11."

^ That's basically the only thing they have going for them right now when it comes to a debate.

Could I even consider that a debate? Or just useless semantics?

Rampant ox
Dooku and Mace are relatively equal in saber combat because they have both mastered their respective styles.The Counts style would top Maces style because it is made for saber vs saber. Im not saying Dooku would win by much but he would still win.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Antediluvian
"D00d, M4c3 b34t3d t3h duku's master! so,., . 2fd 1f m4c3 b34tz t3h m4st3rz, h3 c4n pw/\/ teh appareneeparentice!111 lolzorxorss!!1111oneoneleevlelevne!11."

^ That's basically the only thing they have going for them right now when it comes to a debate.

Could I even consider that a debate? Or just useless semantics?

I just find it annoying that people say Mace is going to just surpass Dooku cuz he's cooler, or better, or blacker... etc. That's getting old. The only thing I can think of that tarnished the count's image in people's minds was that horrid ROTS beginning battle where Anakin "I pwn teh noobs" SKywalker killed him. But even there, we saw Dooku **** up Obi-Wan like it was his job and we saw what Obi-Wan did to Anakin.

Antediluvian
I just find it annoying that people say Mace is going to just surpass Dooku cuz he's cooler, or better, or blacker... etc. That's getting old. The only thing I can think of that tarnished the count's image in people's minds was that horrid ROTS beginning battle where Anakin "I pwn teh noobs" SKywalker killed him. But even there, we saw Dooku **** up Obi-Wan like it was his job and we saw what Obi-Wan did to Anakin.

Exactly.

Damn, Dooku should of said "How's your arm feeling, Skywalker?"

Pwn3d.

Rampant ox

I agree completely. You cant base Dookus skill on the fight in ROTS because it doesnt do him justice. Dooku knew he was better than Anakin so underestimated him. Just because he lost doesnt mean Anakin was better. Dooku thought that Palps would step in if worst came to worst so he wasnt going all out.

Janus Marius
Meh, whether or not Dooku thought Sidious was reffing the fight, he wasn't going balls to the wall against Anakin, that's bloody obvious. Same thing with Vader versus Luke in ROTJ.

DarkNemesis
Yeah, people tend to believe Dooku is inferior to Mace just because Anakin beat him and Mace beat Sidious, which is downright fallacious.

hord06
Dooku is nothing special when it comes to force power. He may know a few dark side powers that Mace doesn't, but his raw force power is lower then Mace's in my opinion. I mean Yoda was able to hand absorb Dooku's lightning with considerable ease and his telekinesis was far superior in AOTC. Mace is shown to possess huge amounts of raw force power. He displays this several times against Grievous and countless times in Shatterpoint.

Rampant ox
But Dookus force powers will win the battle. You see Dooku only duels with one hand which means at any time during the fight he could lift his other hand and force lightning his opponent. If Mace went to block the lightning he would get his balls chopped off, simple as that.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by hord06
Dooku is nothing special when it comes to force power.

Yeah, I'm sure. He only dropped a ceiling on Obi-Wan and Anakin in LoE and put up a good show for Yoda in AOTC. In that last second of the battle, he was holding blades with Yoda and reached out without any effort and tore down something the size of a bus on top of Anakin and Obi-Wan.

And this isn't "SW according to hord's opinion". Provide an argument, please.

Actually, Yoda had to work to absorb just a little bit of Dooku's lightning. Dooku was barely cranking out any amps, and he effectively put Anakin out of the match for a good five minutes. And Yoda had to close his eyes and struggle with using the Force, when Dooku casually reached out and tore the cavern ceiling apart. Come on now. Stop being ridiculous.

Really? I know he's exceptional, but nowhere does he overcome a Sith Lord with just the force, nor does he handle offensive force powers with ease. Look at Mace versus Sidious... He was reeling from that lightning, while Yoda could handle it without budging full brunt. So there's no instance of Mace > Dooku in force powers. If anything, it's the other way around.

Rampant ox
You took the words right out of my mouth. In fact I couldnt have said it better myself!!!

darthsith19
This has ben done several times. Mace wins. In The Making of Revenge of the Sith Lucas says only Mace and Yoda can compete with the Emperor in a duel, and Anakin could have if he hadn't gotten all beat up. No mention that Dooku can compete with Sidious. In Dark Rendezvous it says of all the Jedi in the order only Yoda and Mace could beat Dooku. And in Onsession they fight and Dooku decides to flee. Now, one could argue that he didn't want to rick his life, but we don't see Mace running away. Cause he was winning. Same as in AOTC when Dooku ran away, and in Dark Rendezvous when he ran away. Cause he was losing.

Yes, the Databank does say Dooku has bested Mace before, but that was even before TPM. By ROTS Mace is stronger. So I guess thois depends on when the fight takes place. ???

Janus Marius
DS, are you blind or something? All those instances are talking about JEDI. Dooku was no longer a JEDI. Damn.

Rampant ox
In AOTC the Count had good reason to retreat. He had the plans for the death star for god sake. And of course Yoda was winning because Dooku had just fought two jedi before hand - one of them being "the chosen one". And just because it says in Dark Rendezvous that Mace could beat Dooku doesnt mean Mace is better. Its like saying Anakin has beaten Dooku which means he is the superior fighter.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by darthsith19
This has ben done several times. Mace wins. In The Making of Revenge of the Sith Lucas says only Mace and Yoda can compete with the Emperor in a duel, and Anakin could have if he hadn't gotten all beat up. No mention that Dooku can compete with Sidious. In Dark Rendezvous it says of all the Jedi in the order only Yoda and Mace could beat Dooku. And in Onsession they fight and Dooku decides to flee. Now, one could argue that he didn't want to rick his life, but we don't see Mace running away. Cause he was winning. Same as in AOTC when Dooku ran away, and in Dark Rendezvous when he ran away. Cause he was losing.

Yes, the Databank does say Dooku has bested Mace before, but that was even before TPM. By ROTS Mace is stronger. So I guess thois depends on when the fight takes place. ???

Dooku was on par with Mace during Obsession and no side had the winning edge. The Bodyguard droids began to drag Mace to the edge of the cliff. Dooku did not order this. Mace had difficulties escaping the droids so Dooku fled. Nowhere in that novel does it indicate Dooku was losing that battle. They were on par. Get over it.

Before TPM? Where does it say that? I didn't see that anywhere, actually.

Hell, since you assumed that, I could assume that Mace fought Dooku WHILE he was a Sith Lord and got overpowered.

kamikz
In AOTC the Count had good reason to retreat. He had the plans for the death star for god sake. And of course Yoda was winning because Dooku had just fought two jedi before hand - one of them being "the chosen one". And just because it says in Dark Rendezvous that Mace could beat Dooku doesnt mean Mace is better. Its like saying Anakin has beaten Dooku which means he is the superior fighter.

So you say that he would have faired better if he haden't fought Anakin and Obi-Wan before? Please, he was barley tired at all. I could go say that if Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't fight in that arena for a helluvalong time they would have faired better against the Count, but that's not true so I don't.

Apparently Dooku was in no hurry to get away since he toyed with both Anakin and Kenobi. And since everybody is assuming that Dooku could have used much more powerful lightning than he did (two hands) that is another sign that he wasen't in such hurry. Sure, he was, but he was still loosing to Yoda, and so was he in Dark Rendezvous.

And the choosen one means shit.

I agree on the last part though...

darthsith19
When was it talking only on jedi? When is said right in the damn novel that Mace could beat Dooku?

No. it means he'd win in this thread, though.

Dooku ran away. Now, we can assume he ran because he thought he might possibly lose. But the fact that he said he wanted to pwn some Jedi and then like five frames later decided he was in to much of a hurry to wait for Asajj showes that he was scared. Of what? Mace, is the only logical answer.

Yes, he did. That's why he said "They will ensure my escape." or something like that.

Cause they fought in EU. Janus or Faunus or somebody told me the book they fought in took place before TPM.

Janus Marius
Dooku's problem in Dark Rendesvouz was more intimidation of his old master than lack of skill. Initially, Dooku was winning. But fear crept into his mind and undermined the fight.

Antediluvian
When was it talking only on jedi? When is said right in the damn novel that Mace could beat Dooku?

Dooku ran away. Now, we can assume he ran because he thought he might possibly lose. But the fact that he said he wanted to pwn some Jedi and then like five frames later decided he was in to much of a hurry to wait for Asajj showes that he was scared. Of what? Mace, is the only logical answer.

Yes, he did. That's why he said "They will ensure my escape." or something like that.

Cause they fought in EU. Janus or Faunus or somebody told me the book they fought in took place before TPM.

He said he wanted to "Pwn some Jedi"? Quote him, please.

I don't see Dooku running around a Castle pwning Jedi. That sounds stupid.

No, they grabbed Mace and put him by the Cliff. Mace was unable to escape from the two droids and Dooku just walked away from it. Yeah, he's going to pull the droids off and continue the fight.

Borbarad
He said he wanted to "Pwn some Jedi"? Quote him, please.

Well...he said that they should leave all the Jedi they encounter to him just before Mace shows up.

Actually Mace force pushed the droids back while fighting Dooku then Dooku says that Mace "of course won't kill him...not today" (at which day then ?) and then the droids grab Mace from behind and you have Dooku suggesting that they "will keep occupied while makes his depature".

Really. Mace and Dooku are pretty close to each other in terms of raw force power, force control and lightsaber ability but I don't see why Dooku should allow his droids to interrupt the fight - when he just told them that they should leave all Jedi to him right before Mace shows up - if he didn't think that Mace would be able to defeat him. This is also the only explanation for Dooku's own comment that Windu won't kill him today.

Why should we assume that Mace can't take Dooku if Dooku himself as it seems suggests that Mace might be able to do that ?

Revolver Ocelot

Nope. It means only he and Yoda could *stand a chance* against Dooku.

Standing a chance =/= Winning in this thread.

And yes, Mace does stand a chance. No one will deny that...

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Borbarad
Well...he said that they should leave all the Jedi they encounter to him just before Mace shows up.

Actually Mace force pushed the droids back while fighting Dooku then Dooku says that Mace "of course won't kill him...not today" (at which day then ?) and then the droids grab Mace from behind and you have Dooku suggesting that they "will keep occupied while makes his depature".

Really. Mace and Dooku are pretty close to each other in terms of raw force power, force control and lightsaber ability but I don't see why Dooku should allow his droids to interrupt the fight - when he just told them that they should leave all Jedi to him right before Mace shows up - if he didn't think that Mace would be able to defeat him. This is also the only explanation for Dooku's own comment that Windu won't kill him today.

Why should we assume that Mace can't take Dooku if Dooku himself as it seems suggests that Mace might be able to do that ?

Ah, I see. Didn't know much about the book. Haven't wasted the time yet to read it.

Janus Marius
It's possible Dooku didn't want to kill Mace at all, since his motives are surprisingly obscure.

darthsith19
Dooku was winning? At what part of the fight? I don't remember anything like that. They fought and it was pretty close, then Dooku realised Obi-Wan and Anakin were in his mansion, got scared and fled.

Can't. Don't own the comic. Something like "Find General Grievous and Commander Ventress, but leave the Jedi to me." then Mace runs up to him and starts talking shit and they duel. Then, after a short fight, Dooku quickly decides that he doesn't want to fight any jedi at all but get the hell outta there, tells his Magnaguards they have no time to wait for Ventress and to shoot her (so the Republic can't obstract information from her). So you see, he went from wanting to pwn Jedi to wanting to get the hell off the planet asap pretty damn quick once he started fighting Mace.

Whether he ordered them to or not he clearly was glad they grabbed Mace, as he said "They will ensure my escape."

The book didn't say Mace'd stand a chance against Dooku, it said he could beat Dooku. Of course Dooku could possibly win against anybody if he fought them enough times.

Damn, that was pointless, Borbarad already said everything I just did and probably did it better, too. oh well.

Revolver Ocelot
The book didn't say Mace'd stand a chance against Dooku, it said he could beat Dooku. Of course Dooku could possibly win against anybody if he fought them enough times.

No? It specifically said "stand a chance".

darthsith19
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot

No? It specifically said "stand a chance".

My bad, your right. Here's what it said:

Amongst the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground.

Hmm... so the book says they're equal. I thought it said Mace could beat him. My bad. So they're equal on neutral ground, but if they fought on Vjun Dooku'd win. But, still judging from Obsession, Mace'd win on neutral ground, but it could go either way.

darthsith19
http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/Obsession/obsession_5_13.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/Obsession/obsession_5_14.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/Obsession/obsession_5_15.jpg

Then Dooku runs away as fast as he can, telling a Magnaguard to shoot Commander Asajj, since she'll never make it to the shuttle in time when she can't have been more than 30 seconds away, showing what a hurry Dooku was in.

Antediluvian
http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/Obsession/obsession_5_13.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/Obsession/obsession_5_14.jpg

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/Obsession/obsession_5_15.jpg

Then Dooku runs away as fast as he can, telling a Magnaguard to shoot Commander Asajj, since she'll never make it to the shuttle in time when she can't have been more than 30 seconds away, showing what a hurry Dooku was in.

From the looks of that battle they were on par at best except for Dooku's final blow to Mace before they dragged him away, which looked to be in his offensive favor.

Dooku and him were on par, that's why Dooku didn't want to duel him.

If they're on par, there is a 50/50 chance Dooku will lose or Dooku will win. Dooku knew this so he fled the scene.

Deception
Indeed, or perhaps even if Dooku was fairly superior, he knew there was a chance he could die or lose, thus he chose not to take that risk.

Rampant ox
Basically Dooku values his own life more than a victory over Mace. If there was a big enough chance of defeat Dooku will retreat, not because he is weaker or a worse fighter, but respecting his opponent enough to know they he may not walk away the victor.

Faunus
It's possible Dooku didn't want to kill Mace at all, since his motives are surprisingly obscure.

The same thing could technically be said about Mace's intentions regarding Dooku. As Shatterpoint revealed, Mace knew that Dooku was no longer the war's key shatterpoint, so killing him would stop nothing. In fact, Dooku admits this himself during their duel. We've also seen Windu's hesitance to kill Dooku, even when the oppurtunity arises (Geonosis), and by the fact that his past intentions have been to capture the Count rather than kill him (Jedi: Mace Windu).

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Faunus
The same thing could technically be said about Mace's intentions regarding Dooku. As Shatterpoint revealed, Mace knew that Dooku was no longer the war's key shatterpoint, so killing him would stop nothing. In fact, Dooku admits this himself during their duel. We've also seen Windu's hesitance to kill Dooku, even when the oppurtunity arises (Geonosis), and by the fact that his past intentions have been to capture the Count rather than kill him (Jedi: Mace Windu).

Well, one thing I never tend to put in my arguments much (Because versus matches are supposed to be neutral) is the emotional struggle behind each battle. Yoda didn't straight out kill Dooku, Mace didn't try and kill him, and when push comes to shove, Dooku didn't try to kill Obi-Wan or Anakin either (You could argue that he knew Yoda would save them when he dropped the object on them). From what I've read and seen in film, I chalk this up to Dooku not being completely against the Sith. And this probably pissed SIdious off. Anakin, however, was easily swayed into killing off his fellow jedi entirely.

Faunus
Well, one thing I never tend to put in my arguments much (Because versus matches are supposed to be neutral) is the emotional struggle behind each battle. Yoda didn't straight out kill Dooku, Mace didn't try and kill him, and when push comes to shove, Dooku didn't try to kill Obi-Wan or Anakin either (You could argue that he knew Yoda would save them when he dropped the object on them). From what I've read and seen in film, I chalk this up to Dooku not being completely against the Sith. And this probably pissed Sidious off. Anakin, however, was easily swayed into killing off his fellow Jedi entirely.

Not completely against the Jedi? I agree with you completely there. He even admits in LoE that he'd be sad to see the old Order go, ignorant to why and how they were being toppled. Yeah, Dooku's a strange one. But still the coolest Sith Lord evah.

jollyjim311
No, he's not, at least not to me. He is a cool character, but I don't like him as a Sith, he's too... fluffy, he needs to be a little more badass. At least he is intelligent.

Council#13
Sounding a little bit fanboyish there.

When it comes to Dooku being superior to Mace in dueling skills, that's bullshit.

They're on par, at best.

Force abilities? Yes, Dooku is stronger in the force so he could use the force to disable Mace but I doubt he would do that.

He'd most likely prefer a good battle with Mace.

yes

Well Dooku had beaten Mace in his youth, but that might be before or after Mace mastered Vaapad. I'm not too sure on that little fact because starwars.com didnt go to far in depth about it.... confused

actually in the Clone Wars comic #7, Mace confronts Dooku but Dooku tells two magna gaurds to take him and it buys Dooku enough time to escape (Mace was like "Wha-? You dont think these droids can stop me?" and Dooku was like "No, but they can keep you occupied" and Mace and the gaurds fell down a cliff!)

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Council#13
yes

Well Dooku had beaten Mace in his youth, but that might be before or after Mace mastered Vaapad. I'm not too sure on that little fact because starwars.com didnt go to far in depth about it.... confused

actually in the Clone Wars comic #7, Mace confronts Dooku but Dooku tells two magna gaurds to take him and it buys Dooku enough time to escape (Mace was like "Wha-? You dont think these droids can stop me?" and Dooku was like "No, but they can keep you occupied" and Mace and the gaurds fell down a cliff!)

At least you read every previous post.

Janus Marius
Not completely against the Jedi? I agree with you completely there. He even admits in LoE that he'd be sad to see the old Order go, ignorant to why and how they were being toppled. Yeah, Dooku's a strange one. But still the coolest Sith Lord evah.
Oops... I typed Sith. See what happens when your brain works faster than you type? But yeah, Dooku wasn't fully taken by the dark side, I don't think.

Council#13
Originally posted by jollyjim311
At least you read every previous post.

no2

darthsith19
Mace blocked that blow easily, no harm done. Dooku knew he couldn't win. Look at the dialogue. The entire duel he's talking like Mace could beat him. "Even if you kill me..." "You won't kill me. Not today."

Yeah, just like he was superior to Yoda in AOTC but couldn't take the risk.

Janus Marius
Yeah, because being humble about your chance of killing Mace Windu means Mace can beat you. Of course.

Yoda thought he was gonna tool Sidious and we saw how that turned out. The difference in duelling ability between Dooku and Yoda, or Dooku and Mace, or even Dooku and Sidious may have been a hell of a lot closer than say, Obi-Wan and any of them, or Kit Fisto versus any of them.

Borbarad
The difference in duelling ability between Dooku and Yoda, or Dooku and Mace, or even Dooku and Sidious may have been a hell of a lot closer than say, Obi-Wan and any of them, or Kit Fisto versus any of them.

Yup, I agree.
But I think they shouldn't have let Samuel and Ian do the duelling scene in ROTS theirselves. That's a joke in terms of fastness and fighting choreography if you compare that to CGI Yoda vs Stuntman Dooku in AotC or CGI Sidious vs CGI Yoda later in ROTS .

Janus Marius
I agree. Sam and Ian totally fubar'd that scene, and that's WITH a stunt double for Ian.

Borbarad
I agree. Sam and Ian totally fubar'd that scene, and that's WITH a stunt double for Ian.

Wasn't Ian doing the "you can see that stab coming 5 seconds before I move to kill" attacks on his own ? They are hilarious...

Antediluvian
Mace blocked that blow easily, no harm done. Dooku knew he couldn't win. Look at the dialogue. The entire duel he's talking like Mace could beat him. "Even if you kill me..." "You won't kill me. Not today."

He said EVEN if you kill me. So he knew the possibility was there but he did not want to take the risk.

Dooku is not superior to Yoda.

Janus Marius
Wasn't Ian doing the "you can see that stab coming 5 seconds before I move to kill" attacks on his own ? They are hilarious...

Yeah, but it could have been his face photoshopped on. They did that with the Lee.

Council#13
He said EVEN if you kill me. So he knew the possibility was there but he did not want to take the risk.

Dooku is not superior to Yoda.

I didnt see that part about the "even" though. Yeah, I agree with what you're saying yes

And I once again agree! rolling on floor laughing

tdtd
Who in the blue hell said Dooku was superior to Yoda?

zephiel7
Yeah, and what are they smoking?

Borbarad
Who said that Dooku is superior to Yoda ?

*points finger at him*
"Splitter ! Splitter !"
*shakes head and walks away*

Revolver Ocelot
On a side note: I've found a KOTOR 2 mod that converts Vaklu into Count Dooku. Vaklu always reminded me of Count Dooku for some reason, so the mod seemed to be a good match.

He looks quite like him to. All the way down to the uniform (which was reskinned perfectly).

You can also give him his special lightsabre, a change in class, force powers and a few other things.

Jonathan Mark
On a side note: I've found a KOTOR 2 mod that converts Vaklu into Count Dooku. Vaklu always reminded me of Count Dooku for some reason, so the mod seemed to be a good match.

He looks quite like him to. All the way down to the uniform (which was reskinned perfectly).

You can also given his special lightsabre, a change in class, force powers and a few other things.

I made a mod that alaways lets me win at Pazzak and Swoop racing...

darthsith19
Who said that Dooku is superior to Yoda ?

*points finger at him*
"Splitter ! Splitter !"
*shakes head and walks away*
Uh, yeah, I was being sarcastic. Look at what I was replying to.

Janus Marius

You can also give him his special lightsabre, a change in class, force powers and a few other things.

That's pretty cool.

And why would you need a mod to always win Pazaak and swoop racing? That stuff is easy.

tdtd
Or you can use cheat codes that turn you completely to the dark side of the force, and you end up lookng like the terminator.

Janus Marius
Yeah, only person you can change to the dark side is Kreia.

Jonathan Mark
That's pretty cool.

And why would you need a mod to always win Pazaak and swoop racing? That stuff is easy.

Becuase I suck at them.

tdtd
I hate those types of games anyways, only reason play KOTOR/KOTOR II over and over again is for the storyline.

Faunus
KotOR II's storyline was pathetic, and the game needs to be burned. KotOR I was great, though.

Antediluvian
KotOR II's storyline was pathetic, and the game needs to be burned. KotOR I was great, though.

tdtd
It wasn't THAT bad. I almost creamed my pants when I saw Freedon Nadd's tomb. Of course there was more creamage in part 1 for Ajuntal Pall's tomb.

IKC
Freedon's tomb was portrayed inaccurately.

Check it out in TOTJ: Dark Lords of the Sith. Wildly different.

Blaxican_Hydra

IF Dooku si so good than why did he get his head and BOTH of his arms chopped by a whiny ass Christen Haydenson?

Jonathan Mark

How was it Pathetic?

IKC
Not finishing a game tends to hurt it.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by IKC
Not finishing a game tends to hurt it.

That was Lucas Arts fault. I think Obsidian did a good job for what they had to work with.

Janus Marius
I think what they did do was pretty good, and I liked the feel and completion of the gameplay (More feats, balanced battles, etc.) much better in II over I.

Revolver Ocelot
Some characters were just horrible in KOTOR (G0T0, Visas, Atton, Bao-Dur).

Janus Marius
G0T0 blows, I agree there. I liked Visas, Atton, and Ba-Dur, so I have to strongly disagree with you there. I very much liked the crews of both games, with the exception of G0T0 who blew and Juhani who I never really cared for other than as another saber wielder.

Revolver Ocelot
Bao-Dur was too monotone for my tastes.

Atton... seemed like they were trying to make a Han Solo clone... or something.

And I just didn't like Visas.

Jonathan Mark
Bao-Dur was too monotone for my tastes.

Atton... seemed like they were trying to make a Han Solo clone... or something.

And I just didn't like Visas.

Dude Atton is far more darker than Han Solo.

Revolver Ocelot
And alot crappier.

ANH Han was pretty cold. Atton didn't seem that bad.

Jonathan Mark
And alot crappier.

ANH Han was pretty cold. Atton didn't seem that bad.

Dude... Atton was an assassin, murderer and a scumbag. And he is not crappy... hell he was pretty funny.

I mean how is he like Han Solo? Atton murdered Jedi for a living... Solo was a smuggler.

ANH Han was not cold, just pragmatic. Cold is being ruthless and unfeeling.

Revolver Ocelot
Murdered Jedi for a living? Meh, I guess it's one of those "hidden past" things. I never used him and developed him, so I can't comment on that.

I thought he was a smuggler.

Tarvos
Han's style is just too cool. Especially in ANH. But how does this have anything to do with the fight?

Janus Marius
Murdered Jedi for a living? Meh, I guess it's one of those "hidden past" things. I never used him and developed him, so I can't comment on that.

I thought he was a smuggler.

It does help to get to know characters before you judge them as crappy. Just a thought.

Traya
Yes, and the cut content seems to elaborate that he killed scores of Jedi in open combat. He's a deadly assassin.

hord06
His personality is quite similar to Han's.

DarkNemesis
How exactly did a Dooku vs. Mace thread shift off to comparing Han and Atton?

Janus Marius
Somebody brought up KotOR II.

tdtd
Yay Kotor II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.