Alpha Flight's new team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Fate
as many of you don't know ( since you havn't fallen prey to Mungi's propaganda) there is a rumor that is probably true that the New Alpha Flight's roster will be made of americans pissed off by the metahuman registry.

So I hope by there appearance on the civil war poster ( well I've only been told and read there on the civil war poster If someone could find it that would be nice) that Guardian and Puck will be on the team but which americians will be joining the team? if you could pick heroes that are anti registration and put them on a the team who would you pick.

also what do you feel the series should be like, lots of fighting, intrigue, magical enemies, mutants, space aliens, or lots of political intrigue like the writers are trying to get at with the registry, I'll post my ideas later but first I want to here

King_Mungi
Yeah I'm pretty awesome smile Also we don't know if that's true or not. Apparently not all of Alpha Flight was killed off, plus there is still the team in space. If there are none of the originals on the team then I will be pissed.

Here's the poster:
1. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/mcnivencivilwar.jpg

Dr.Fate
well whatever the rumors are saying there is a new alpha flight series planned so lets cross are fingers

King_Mungi
Yeah I'm stoked, even before Civil War and before Millar pitched the idea they were already planning a Alpha Flight book. I can't wait.

stormfront13
well mungi your going to be pissed that northstar and aurora wo't be on the new alpha flight...they're joining the x-men along with cable, mystique, cannonball, sabertooth, iceman, rogue, possibly husk and possibly a few other mystery characters.

i'm pissed that they're not joining alpha flight, but i do like the team they'll be on though.

King_Mungi
What? Northstar I can see, but why would Aurora join them?

Where was this stated?

DarkCrawler
Bendis has stated that will be seeing more Namor and now (hopefully) a nice Alpha Flight series! Great big grin

stormfront13
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Where was this stated?

well...

1)it's been rumored since the line-up of cannonball, sabertooth, rogue, iceman, cable, and mystique was revealed, that those two were some of the mystery members

2)they are on the cover with th erest of the team of x-men # 188(i think it was 188

3)it was stated on some news site, i don't know which site though because i got this from comic book resources forums

Black Adam

Where was this stated?

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF46art/XMEN188COVER1_400.jpg

stormfront13
yeah that's the cover. though the thing i don';t get is it looks like the twins are fighting the x-men a little. though then again their faces are emotionless, like aurora doesn't even look like she's fighting sabertooth, and northstar isn't even making contact with iceman. idk, i hope they actually are apart of the team, it would just make it so much better for my personal likes.

willRules
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmm.........a new and original Alpha Flight member, we need a character who isn't seen often, isn't overrated and hasn't got past connections to the team.....................

....................how about wolverine? laughing out loud

TheKahn
Whatever the roster it would be nice if Alpha Flight was placed at the forefront of the Marvel Universe for a while as the primer non-mutant supergroup. Eventually the Avengers will be back but I think it would make for an interesting change of pace. In a similar vein, how about Namor going on an one or two year long ass-kicking spree in Marvel. I'm not saying he becomes a villain per se, only that he becomes more an antagonist (possible after what was done to Banner) and thus reestablish himself as a top level character in Marvel.

DarkCrawler
That would be nice. big grin

Here is few stuff about what Namor might have in future...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=360473&pagenumber=43#post6339588

King_Mungi
Wha? Aurora and Northstar are wearing their classic attire? good lord I may actually pick up an X-Men issue after 2 years of not buying one.

stormfront13
i hope at least aurora stays, she's my favorite alphan and i can deal with not having her in the alpha flight series.

King_Mungi
Well she was always off and on same with Northstar in the original series. However, out of the two I wished Aurora would have came back. She is one of my all time favorite characters.

stormfront13
well....since she is your favorite, i guess i hope she goes back to flight. i just hope at least one stays. though i heard that northstar is 100% scheduled for this teams first arc, and after that who knows, aurora still isn't 100% though, which is kind of sad

stormfront13
i just found out that northstar isn't staying after the first arc, he's leaving...so hopefully aurora stays.

King_Mungi
Where are you getting this information? Anyone see the scans I posted off Aurora setting of a mini-nuke explosion :P

King KAM
canada sucks

stormfront13
Where are you getting this information? Anyone see the scans I posted off Aurora setting of a mini-nuke explosion :P

comic book resource forums, and comixfan. also where's the scan ?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by stormfront13
comic book resource forums, and comixfan. also where's the scan ?

BOOM!
1. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/AF_109_Aurora.jpg

Not really a mini-nuke, but it's big big grin

stormfront13
oh yeah, i saw that. it's one of the reasons auroras my favorite alphan. also, over at CBR, people were saying alpha flight was marvels weakest team, so i defended them by telling them some of the feats, and showed them the link to your thread, and now a bunch of people are talking about how powerful they are. also, don't worry i gave you complete credit for everything i said.

King_Mungi
oh yeah, i saw that. it's one of the reasons auroras my favorite alphan. also, over at CBR, people were saying alpha flight was marvels weakest team, so i defended them by telling them some of the feats, and showed them the link to your thread, and now a bunch of people are talking about how powerful they are. also, don't worry i gave you complete credit for everything i said.

haha oh really? nice, do you have the link to that thread? big grin

What feats did you say?

stormfront13
haha oh really? nice, do you have the link to that thread? big grin

it's not in one specific thread, it';s been mentioned a lot over the entire board. also, now that i'm here that woman isn't skids either, and it's also not husk, and i doubt it's magma, but there's a rumor it's phantazia.

King_Mungi
it's not in one specific thread, it';s been mentioned a lot over the entire board.

Oh well at least people are starting to learn smile

TheKahn

"also, over at CBR, people were saying alpha flight was marvels weakest team"

eer

bloody savages

Thunderstrike
Cosign to that.

stormfront13
yeah, now i think they get the idea that they're powerful. damn, i wish more people visited the x-men forum, i would love to discuss buchalos team more, but since no one ever goes to the x-men forum, i really can't. i was sort of using the twins as an excuse to talk about the x-men team, but now I'll stop.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TheKahn
"also, over at CBR, people were saying alpha flight was marvels weakest team"

eer

bloody savages

Well we all know how uber they really are wink

TheKahn
Well we all know how uber they really are wink

yes

pray canadian

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TheKahn
yes

pray canadian

smokin' If you don't support Alpha Flight, Puck will punch you in the balls.

Black Adam

are you element13?

stormfront13
Originally posted by Black Adam
are you element13?

nope, though i do like the name a lot. is there anyway to switch names here, though i also like the screen-name i have here, though then again i'd rather start fresh with people not knowing who i am. odk, maybe i'll turn my name to element26, that way i don't completley copy his/her name

Black Adam
nope, though i do like the name a lot. is there anyway to switch names here, though i also like the screen-name i have here, though then again i'd rather start fresh with people not knowing who i am. odk, maybe i'll turn my name to element26, that way i don't completley copy his/her name

Yeah you can switch your name

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t307525.html

stormfront13
well mungi, aurora and northstar definitely aren't apart of this x-men team, so they'll probably go to alpha flight, I'm excited about that. and for anyone that's wondering about the line-up for the x-team, it is officially

1)rogue-leader
2)cable
3)iceman
4)cannonball
5)sabertooth
6)mystique
7)the mystery blonde woman
8)another mystery character that's not featured on the cover

for anyone that's wondering about the blonde woman, carey has stated that the following are not her-skids, magik, husk, phantazia,cloud, revanche, and lady mastermind. he also revealed that the character is from marvel history, doesn't speak much in the first three issues, and hasn't been around for a while. he also stated that there is someone on the team with very, very similar powers to phantazia's, so either the woman, or the other character has similar powers to tazia. my top three guesses for the mystery woman are

1)darkstar
2)siena blaze
3)lifeguard

King_Mungi
Great news, but now I hear the new series won't be called Alpha Flight.....errrr...ok

1. http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1314

stormfront13
how can they bring back alpha flight and not call them alpha flight?

Lucid Lui
it'll be called NEW Alpha Flight!

King_Mungi
how can they bring back alpha flight and not call them alpha flight?

No idea, but it goes with the fact that New Avengers #16 was said to be Alpha Flight's last battle.

stormfront13
No idea, but it goes with the fact that New Avengers #16 was said to be Alpha Flight's last battle.

yeah, makes sense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.