Human Torch vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Fate
no prep in new york and no help from the brotherhood or 4F. I think even though the Human Torch has a loud of experiance but acts like a goof I think he could do. I mean if you heat a Magnet it looses its magnetism so could he not only melt all the metal thrown at him but also theoretically create enough heat to stop the master of magnetism

Redatom65
i still think the master of magnetism wins this

diabloman
Originally posted by Redatom65
i still think the master of magnetism wins this i agree there. magneto would trap torch in one of his shields and no way he can get out. his flame wont do jack

Thunderstrike
Nova Heat. There's no way Magnus could contain that much force and heat. He'd get fried.

Mider
its not a real nova you know.

badabing
If he traps Torch on a magnetic shield, would there be any oxygen for the flames?

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Dr.Fate
no prep in new york and no help from the brotherhood or 4F. I think even though the Human Torch has a loud of experiance but acts like a goof I think he could do. I mean if you heat a Magnet it looses its magnetism so could he not only melt all the metal thrown at him but also theoretically create enough heat to stop the master of magnetism

Except that the hotter he gets the more plasma he produces and plasma is charged particles, and charged particles can be easily manipulated magnetically. This ones an easy win for Magneto.

guy222
mags

shameless plug torch returns soon

stick out tongue

the ninjak
If Johnny returns soon I'm gonna be pissed!

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
If he traps Torch on a magnetic shield, would there be any oxygen for the flames? probably not

this is, of course, spite

exibit231

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
this is, of course, spite

Heat can and did weaken Mags. His power works best under extreme cold.

But of course against a noob like Johnny Eric would have no problem.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Heat can and did weaken Mags. His power works best under extreme cold.

But of course against a noob like Johnny Eric would have no problem. when did heat weaken him exactly? and wouldnt he necessarily have to project the heat throguh the force-fields to affect magneto? even in a tournament, johnny would stand no chance

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
when did heat weaken him exactly? and wouldnt he necessarily have to project the heat throguh the force-fields to affect magneto? even in a tournament, johnny would stand no chance

Uncanny X-Men #113, the fight in which he was going toe to toe with Colossus in h2h. I dunno, Mags seemed to have his forcefields up in that issue...

Uncanny X-Men #113, the fight in which he was going toe to toe with Colossus in h2h. I dunno, Mags seemed to have his forcefields up in that issue... IIRC storm was slowly dehydrating him by draining moisture from his skin and surroundings, while this was wearing his body down, it isnt the the same as his powers weakening in the presence of heat like they grow stronger in the presence of exreme cold. his shields have withstood nukes and all types of heat based assaults after all.

I dont recall if storm was drying him out through the sields, but when he faced colossus he wasnt using them

exibit231

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
IIRC storm was slowly dehydrating him by draining moisture from his skin and surroundings, while this was wearing his body down, it isnt the the same as his powers weakening in the presence of heat like they grow stronger in the presence of exreme cold. his shields have withstood nukes and all types of heat based assaults after all.

I dont recall if storm was drying him out through the sields, but when he faced colossus he wasnt using them

From the air. Now that I skimmed through the issue, I have to agree. Heat is not his kryptonite, silly me.

You sure? Seems like he was using the skintight forcefield type. I mean, his head didn't get ripped off when Rasputin punched it...

From the air. Now that I skimmed through the issue, I have to agree. Heat is not his kryptonite, silly me.

You sure? Seems like he was using the skintight forcefield type. I mean, his head didn't get ripped off when Rasputin punched it... yeah, he has another way to increas his durabilty other than raising force-fields per se. if he channels his powers through his body, he can amp his stats, it's how he broke free of hercules's bear hug.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
yeah, he has another way to increas his durabilty other than raising force-fields per se. if he channels his powers through his body, he can amp his stats, it's how he broke free of hercules's bear hug.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up thumb up

You think Mags is going to betray the X-Men now in that Evolutionaries' arc?

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up thumb up

You think Mags is going to betray the X-Men now in that Evolutionaries' arc? Which arc is this? wasnt even aware of it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
Which arc is this? wasnt even aware of it.

Started in Giant-size X-Men, continued in X-Men #12-15 (written by Yost). Pretty intriguing story, don't wanna spoil it to you.

There's gonna be a mini called Vengeance and on the cover we see Doc Ock, Bullseye, Doom, Red Skull and Magneto, so I'm really curious if Marvel decided to make him a villain again.

Started in Giant-size X-Men, continued in X-Men #12-15 (written by Yost). Pretty intriguing story, don't wanna spoil it to you.

There's gonna be a mini called Vengeance and on the cover we see Doc Ock, Bullseye, Doom, Red Skull and Magneto, so I'm really curious if Marvel decided to make him a villain again. oh I stopped following the 'x-men' title because that spider-man story seemed boring, I'm only following legacy, the 2 uncannies, the wolverine titles, GH (which finally picked up last month) and x-factor. I'll get back on it then. time to hit ebookee. thanks for the tip!big grin

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
oh I stopped following the 'x-men' title because that spider-man story seemed boring, I'm only following legacy, the 2 uncannies, the wolverine titles, GH (which finally picked up last month) and x-factor. I'll get back on it then. time to hit ebookee. thanks for the tip!big grin

You're welcome wink

Spider-man story sucked. And I'm not saying this because I hate Parker. The writing and art were awful... current arc has a new creative team and it's an OK read, imo.

The only thing I enjoyed about that Spidey arc was Lizard stomping that poor excuse for a superhero in two panels.

Eternal Idol

There's gonna be a mini called Vengeance and on the cover we see Doc Ock, Bullseye, Doom, Red Skull and Magneto, so I'm really curious if Marvel decided to make him a villain again.
What's Bullseye doing in a group like that?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
What's Bullseye doing in a group like that? He's gonna get phucked up again laughing. Actually having Doom and Magneto around he can just ride the bench

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.