SHAZAM has a director...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
Comedy director Peter Segal? What the f**k?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=313684

F**k. I can see it now - Adam Sandler as Black Adam. sick

badabing
I just heard today at the comic store that they were going ahead with the movie. I'm glad, I've always liked the character. Wish Marvel had him.

NoFate007
Well think about it...he's not exactly the most serious superhero. When you have a guy like "The Dark Crusader" and "The Man of Steel" vs "The Big Red Cheese"? lol. They probably can't avoid that it would seem kind of ridiculous to have a kid as a superhero dressed in that type of costume and throw in magic and all that at the same time. I wouldn't expect to see a real serious Batman Begins or Daredevil or even Spider-Man type of tone for it. Who knows.

Validus
Originally posted by roughrider
Comedy director Peter Segal? What the f**k?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=313684

F**k. I can see it now - Adam Sandler as Black Adam. sick
Rob Schneider as Captain Marvel Jr. eek!

roughrider
Originally posted by Validus

eek Jesus; don't give them ideas.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Validus

"Shazam, you can do it!"

Syndicate_Lord
Who the f**k is Rob Schneider? Or don't I want to know? I can just picture Robin Williams in the costume...

Thunderstrike
Oh no. This is just bad. Maybe Black Adam will be Chris Rock.

Syndicate_Lord
We could have the kid from Love Actually as Billy Batson. He's the only good child actor I've seen since the Culkin kid... McCally or McCulney or w/e...

The_Olympian
Or Frankie Munez...

roughrider
I know they will have to do little things to distinguish Marvel from Superman - they can play up the magic & mythology more. A bit more light-hearted; OK. But not comedic. The film should be taken seriously, not like MIB or Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

NoFate007
Sadly since they haven't had any real comedic superhero movies the execs will probably (stupidly) think that this is their opportunity, since they can't get it through their thick skulls that taking a character and making it funny when it isn't supposed to be isn't a good idea. If we do end up seeing something like this, or something as retarded as that rumor that went around that Jack Black was going to be a funny Green Lantern, we just have to hope that it bombs miserably and that they notice and don't try to resurrect the idea.

roughrider
It's a bit of a Catch-22. Even if the film is bad, you want it to be a hit anyway, because it's more opportunity to get it right the next time. That's what Jessica Alba is promising for Fantastic Four 2 - a better film. Because the first one managed to survive all the terrible reviews.

Syndicate_Lord
I read some F4 fans in the thread for that movie saying they were CRYING with happiness... Jesus Christ, and that was a **** movie!!!

NoFate007
F4 wasn't that good...wasn't the worst comic film, but it wasn't nearly close to the best.

Syndicate_Lord
Batman Begins owns!

roughrider
We've had at least one GREAT comics-to-film project every year since 2003. X2, Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins - let's hope X3 and Superman Returns can both be great. SHAZAM is not until next year, if they go ahead now. I'll feel better when I hear some casting news.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.