Iron Man vs. Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
2 Avengers

Iron Man has great physical strength.. his armor.. his weapons... his Uni-Beam.....

Hercules.... one of the most physical most powerful individuals in the Marvel Universe...

who wins this one ?

it would be a great fight.. i believe...

whad can Iron Mans blasts do to Herc ?

physically... i dont think Iron Man is a match for an angry Hercules... look what he did to the Thunderbolts...... especially to Atlas...

Comicbook_kid
What can Ironman's blasts do to Herc? Well, probably not much of anything if he used them, but fortunately Tony is a little smarter than that. He's also better equipped than that. He uses a little something called a tractor beam, suspends Hercules frozen in mid-air and flies over the nearest volcano or nuclear reactor and drops him in it...no more son of Zeus...

Iron-man wins this one rather easily!!! Ironman's had to face opponents just as strong as Hercules, if not stronger, and came out on top....Ironman beats Hercules soooooo many different ways, it's not even funny sad

diabloman
hercules takes this one

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by diabloman
hercules takes this one

Hmmmmmmm, interesting!!!!!!! Please explain.....

King KAM
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Hmmmmmmm, interesting!!!!!!! Please explain..... because he overpowers the tractor beam.

Comicbook_kid
Nah, sorry I don't see that happenin'....

Ironman has WAAAAAAAAY more ways of beating Hercules, than Herc has of beating Ironman....

King KAM
Nah, sorry I don't see that happenin'....

Ironman has WAAAAAAAAY more ways of beating Hercules, than Herc has of beating Ironman.... yes true more ways, but how many of them will be effective????

Comicbook_kid
Granted Hercules is stronger than Ironman, but when has an opponent's greater strength stopped Ironman before? Hell, Ironman's gone up against the Hulk, and they don't get stronger than that. All Hercules has over Ironman is his strength, THAT'S IT...and yes, he's probably a better brawler and fighter. But Ironman's not going to have to worry about that. Hercules would never get his hands on him...Ironman can fly, has a force-field, has repulsor-rays, computer guided miniature nuclear missles, and IF Hercules does get his hands on him, Hercules will piss himself when he gets hit with enough electical voltage to knock out a herd of elephants. Not to mention Ironman has a holographical image inducer...what will Hercules do when he's surrounded by 50 Ironmen??? By the time ol' Herc figures out which is the real Shellhead, Hercules will never know he has been breatheing an invisible, undetectable, nerve gas that renders it's inhaler paralized....

diabloman
Hmmmmmmm, interesting!!!!!!! Please explain..... his strength of course is way above iron. so hecules cant fly big deal

King KAM
Granted Hercules is stronger than Ironman, but when has an opponent's greater strength stopped Ironman before? Hell, Ironman's gone up against the Hulk, and they don't get stronger than that. All Hercules has over Ironman is his strength, THAT'S IT...and yes, he's probably a better brawler and fighter. But Ironman's not going to have to worry about that. Hercules would never get his hands on him...Ironman can fly, has a force-field, has repulsor-rays, computer guided miniature nuclear missles, and IF Hercules does get his hands on him, Hercules will piss himself when he gets hit with enough electical voltage to knock out a herd of elephants. Not to mention Ironman has a holographical image inducer...what will Hercules do when he's surrounded by 50 Ironmen??? By the time ol' Herc figures out which is the real Shellhead, Hercules will never know he has been breatheing an invisible, undetectable, nerve gas that renders it's inhaler paralized.... nerve gas wont work, and neither will the electrical charge brudda.

Comicbook_kid
Explain to me again why the nerve gas wouldn't work....Hercules might be strong, and he isn't immune to a total nervous system shutdown....it might not put him down for good, but it will put him down long enough for Tony to figure out how to put him down for good. Hercules may have a higher resistance to physical injury, but he still has blood, nerves, and a brain....that's all he needs for the nerve gas to take effect.

diabloman
if wolverine can take on ironman then hercules for sure can knock him out.

Comicbook_kid

O.K....first of all, that wasn't even a real fight. That picture was taken from a special publication that Wizard put out dedicated to Wolverine. They did an article called "Wolverine Vs. The World" and pitted Wolverine against 10 different opponents to see how he would stand up to them...just to get the response of the readers and writers...and one of them happened to be Ironman. Now, if you'll read next to the picture, you'll see where the writer of Ironman and the Wizard staff respond by saying this....

"Oh Puh-Leeze, Ironman would just fly up 10,000 feet, use his targeting computers to lock on to Wolverine, and then blow him to smithereens with a mini-nuke. The best Wolverine could hope to do is hide under a table!"

And you know what? I agree with them. Anybody that thinks Wolverine could even begin to take down Ironman in a fight is just plain ignorant and don't want to face facts. So, don't try to pull a fast one and post some picture from a fight that never actually happened. It was only a make-believe, hypothetical question done by the Wizard staff...

...Bottom line being that Ironman would eventually take down Hercules and he would absolutely massacre Wolverine...The End.

diabloman
O.K....first of all, that wasn't even a real fight. That picture was taken from a special publication that Wizard put out dedicated to Wolverine. They did an article called "Wolverine Vs. The World" and pitted Wolverine against 10 different opponents to see how he would stand up to them...just to get the response of the readers and writers...and one of them happened to be Ironman. Now, if you'll read next to the picture, you'll see where the writer of Ironman and the Wizard staff respond by saying this....

"Oh Puh-Leeze, Ironman would just fly up 10,000 feet, use his targeting computers to lock on to Wolverine, and then blow him to smithereens with a mini-nuke. The best Wolverine could hope to do is hide under a table!"

And you know what? I agree with them. Anybody that thinks Wolverine could even begin to take down Ironman in a fight is just plain ignorant and don't want to face facts. So, don't try to pull a fast one and post some picture from a fight that never actually happened. It was only a make-believe, hypothetical question done by the Wizard staff...

...Bottom line being that Ironman would eventually take down Hercules and he would absolutely massacre Wolverine...The End. im sure they put that pic. for showing others that hes a good fighter and that he could take on ironman.

diabloman
1st of all if he fired wolverine he would get back up. he has a healing factor if you dont remember that. and his claws are sharp enough to cut through irons costume or what ever you wanna call that.

Thunderstrike

Wolverine can't take Iron Man. roll eyes (sarcastic) He can't even cut through his armor. You're thinking of the Ultimate War arc.

diabloman
his claws are sharp enough to cut through just about anything. he can cut supermans head off while hes in bed asleep

Thunderstrike
his claws are sharp enough to cut through just about anything. he can cut supermans head off while hes in bed asleep
Ha

Ha ha

ha ha ha

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

http://www.republiquelibre.org/cousture/bd/wan/PANTH41C.GIF

Iron Man's armor here had been weakened in a figh earlier, and it STILL resists Wolverine's claws. Can cut through anything my ass.

olympian
"Ironman has WAAAAAAAAY more ways of beating Hercules, than Herc has of beating Ironman...."

True

"yes true more ways, but how many of them will be effective????"

Also true.

"Granted Hercules is stronger than Ironman, but when has an opponent's greater strength stopped Ironman before?"

Thor?

Namor?

Hulk and Herc MAKING him fight to the limit and use a desperate last move tactic and STILL going down?

Altho while Hulk was ko, Herc got up and still fought Thypon iirc (fanboy moment on and off).

It goes:

If IM doesnt slug out and use only bfr tactics and all his powers he will most probably take Herc down.

If he slugs out and uses a last move tactic he -can- take Herc down. Already happened. Same with against other non flying top tiers.

If IM choses to trade punches, hes not going to do much. Hes down.

Depends the way they fight.

AJ4LIFE
is it mortal herc or god herc plz say god

Mr. Valentine
Wolverine's claws can cut through anything!! he just doesnt have the strength to do it!! lol, but im not sure how this battle would go..

Betageuze
sometimes.... perhaps... you do not need speed, flying abilities, blasts... like Iron Man have...

when you are such big and powerful... than Hercules

eventually... it comes to you..... also.. Herc has very powerful legs, which allows him... to jump very high and perhaps he would catch Stark in the air.... and beat him unconcious....

ok ... we have with Iron man here a guy... who.. besides of his flying abilities, blasts, and speed.... also has great Physical Strength....

by the way..... wich power class is Iron Man ? 80 tons ? or less ?

can Herc survive a Uni Beam by Iron Man

Hercules is one of the most powerful individuals in Marvel...... he would give Iron Man a damn hard match....

Mindship

Not to go off on a tangent, but that pic brought this question to mind:
Why can't Iron Man make his armor out of adamantium? I mean, if the technology exists to graft the stuff onto W's bones, surely Tony Stark, of all people, would find a way to turn it into armor.

Thunderstrike
His armor is an alloy that's supposed to be the closest thing to Cap's shield yet.

grey fox
Bfr seems to be the only viable option that doesn't involve Herc crushing Iron-Man into pulp...

Thunderstrike
I dunno. Can Herc take a psycho barrage from above him?

diabloman
Originally posted by Mindship
Why can't Iron Man make his armor out of adamantium? I mean, if the technology exists to graft the stuff onto W's bones, surely Tony Stark, of all people, would find a way to turn it into armor. adamantium can be broken. magneto broke wolverines claws off and almost killed him once.

Thunderstrike
I thought he just ripped the metal off his bones?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindship
Why can't Iron Man make his armor out of adamantium? I mean, if the technology exists to graft the stuff onto W's bones, surely Tony Stark, of all people, would find a way to turn it into armor.

I think the standard explanation as to why adamantium isn't used more in comics is that it is prohibitively expensive to produce. So Tony could make an armor out of the stuff, but the added cost may not be worth the added strength.

diabloman
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
I thought he just ripped the metal off his bones? he did a litte more than that.

olympian
"adamantium can be broken. magneto broke wolverines claws off and almost killed him once"

Nope. In fact i dont belive that in the 616 cannon Adamantium has been broken, at least one of Wolverines level of density.

Out of continuity, sure. Glads broke WW claws in one comic.

- - -

"I thought he just ripped the metal off his bones?"

yup

Thunderstrike
What story arc is that from? The only time I remember anything like that happen was in Fatal Attractions.

diabloman
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
What story arc is that from? The only time I remember anything like that happen was in Fatal Attractions. i think it was in one of the fatal attraction books. im trying to find it.

diabloman
yup xmen 25 fatal attractions. check it out. magneto does a little more to wolverine other than breaking his claws off.

Fanboy
Yeah know my honest opinion Iron Man can not do crap to Hercules. Ya wanna know what I wanna say Hercules rips him in half because Iron Man can not have prep time so there ya go okay Iron Man gets ripped apart and his armor gets added to Hercules Mace and Tony Starks body gets fed to the ****ing Cerebrus.

Tshern
What's Ironman's countermeasure against Hercules? He's supposed to have countermeasures against all the Avengers. Maybe it doesn't apply to ex-Avengers...

diabloman
Originally posted by Fanboy
Yeah know my honest opinion Iron Man can not do crap to Hercules. Ya wanna know what I wanna say Hercules rips him in half because Iron Man can not have prep time so there ya go okay Iron Man gets ripped apart and his armor gets added to Hercules Mace and Tony Starks body gets fed to the ****ing Cerebrus. finally somone here gets it.

DigiMark007
Um, I don't see Wolverine in the thread title....

confused

Tshern
Luckily so, he would kick IM and Herc down too easily, lol.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Betageuze
sometimes.... perhaps... you do not need speed, flying abilities, blasts... like Iron Man have...

when you are such big and powerful... than Hercules

eventually... it comes to you..... also.. Herc has very powerful legs, which allows him... to jump very high and perhaps he would catch Stark in the air.... and beat him unconcious....

ok ... we have with Iron man here a guy... who.. besides of his flying abilities, blasts, and speed.... also has great Physical Strength....

by the way..... wich power class is Iron Man ? 80 tons ? or less ?

can Herc survive a Uni Beam by Iron Man

Hercules is one of the most powerful individuals in Marvel...... he would give Iron Man a damn hard match....

Iron Man is CL100...

I believe that Iron Man has way too many ways to beat Herc. Immortal Herc thats possiblly another story and would be much tougher for Iron Man to gain a victory.

Iron Man/Regular Herc 7/10 Iron Man...

Iron Man/Immortal Herc 5/10

Iron Man would need to vary his attacks to have the most effective results.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Iron Man is CL100...

I believe that Iron Man has way too many ways to beat Herc. Immortal Herc thats possiblly another story and would be much tougher for Iron Man to gain a victory.

Iron Man/Regular Herc 7/10 Iron Man...

Iron Man/Immortal Herc 5/10

Iron Man would need to vary his attacks to have the most effective results.

finally someone here gets it wink

Blair Wind
The original Tony Stark (who died btw, and was replaced by a younger version of himself, then was reborn when Franklin put them in the pocket universe during the Onslaught storyline*) fought Hercules when he had gone bad.

If I remember correctly Wasp was worried that Hercules would have died if Ironman hit him with a full repulser. Ended up he killed someone else, but whatever. Point is he held up just fine going against the Avengers, and Herc was giving the biggest fight.

*I mentioned all that because he went bad thanks to Kang right before he died saving time/space.*

hunbu04
first ironman is not class 100. he is class 90. Second herc is pretty much invulnerable to every earthy weapons. ironman nerve gas is not going to work on herc just like he sonic weapons did not on herc in civil war. If you want to go handbook. then hercules is so invulnerable that he can even survive a nuclear blast from point blank range. It is stated in the sentry profile that he possesed strength and durability on par with hercules and thor. Hercules was survive point blank attack from warlock, the possessed,firelord,mjnior, the beyonder, and even kovac without major injury. In avenger the kovac arc why it took one blast from kovac to killed all the others avengers including thor, it took 2 point blank blast from kavoc to bring hercules to the point of death,so i doubt a full blast from ironman repulser to killed hercules. to killed hercules you need to destroyed about 75 percent of his body

Innerhype
Originally posted by hunbu04
first ironman is not class 100. he is class 90. Second herc is pretty much invulnerable to every earthy weapons. ironman nerve gas is not going to work on herc just like he sonic weapons did not on herc in civil war. If you want to go handbook. then hercules is so invulnerable that he can even survive a nuclear blast from point blank range. It is stated in the sentry profile that he possesed strength and durability on par with hercules and thor. Hercules was survive point blank attack from warlock, the possessed,firelord,mjnior, the beyonder, and even kovac without major injury. In avenger the kovac arc why it took one blast from kovac to killed all the others avengers including thor, it took 2 point blank blast from kavoc to bring hercules to the point of death,so i doubt a full blast from ironman repulser to killed hercules. to killed hercules you need to destroyed about 75 percent of his body

No, Iron Man is Class 100.

Iron Man will definitely the take majority here, Blair Wind mentioned the encounter Herc and IM had in the past the big differance today being that Iron Man's armor is far more powerful then it used to be.

Tshern
Originally posted by King KAM
because he overpowers the tractor beam.
Ironman trapped the Hulk into a magnetic forcefield and carried him around like a baby, but Herc will bust his way out? Sure.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Innerhype
No, Iron Man is Class 100.

Iron Man will definitely the take majority here, Blair Wind mentioned the encounter Herc and IM had in the past the big differance today being that Iron Man's armor is far more powerful then it used to be.

cool

I like the way you think... And I can tell by your avatar and sig that your quite a handsome gent to boot.

wink

IM has just got too many options Herc goes down for the count. And FTR IM most definitely is CL100.

YFZ 350
If Tony attacks from a distance he will win. But if he gets in close to fight he will loose.

Bouboumaster
Immortal Hercules would kick the ass of Iron Man, like Thor and Hulk did before.

Blair Wind
whistle
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=punchinghercev9.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Blair Wind
whistle

Happy Dance

Blair Wind
Originally posted by YFZ 350
If Tony attacks from a distance he will win. But if he gets in close to fight he will loose.

whistle

What I liked most about it was that Tony took a full shot to his unprotected face and did not seem to let it effect him much.

severance
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool

I like the way you think... And I can tell by your avatar and sig that your quite a handsome gent to boot.

wink

IM has just got too many options Herc goes down for the count. And FTR IM most definitely is CL100.

Can someone tell me when IM became a solid class 100. He used to be a cl 70 but could amp up to 100 with an adequate power supply. This amp up was temporary. Herc is cl 100 but right at the very top. He can move billions of tons. Unless someone can show me scans of IM being a solid class 100 I would have to say Herc is potentially thousands of times more physically powerful than him. This is a serious problem for IM no matter how versatile he is.

severance
whistle

Who wrote this. Herc has had some bad showing but slugging IM in unportected face and not killing him is the biggest bs since batman took down the hulk

Tony Stark
What I liked most about it was that Tony took a full shot to his unprotected face and did not seem to let it effect him much.

I know right... And that was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy before EXTREMIS and Tony's personal enhancements, let alone his vast armor improvements.

IM > Herc 8/10

Blair Wind
Originally posted by severance
Can someone tell me when IM became a solid class 100. He used to be a cl 70 but could amp up to 100 with an adequate power supply. This amp up was temporary. Herc is cl 100 but right at the very top. He can move billions of tons. Unless someone can show me scans of IM being a solid class 100 I would have to say Herc is potentially thousands of times more physically powerful than him. This is a serious problem for IM no matter how versatile he is.

I didnt store very many of his strength feats on my computer but here is a durability feat (for the armor, as I have already shown that Tonys thick head>>Hercs fist laughing out loud )

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=durabilityyc9.jpg

Also when it comes to versatility there is no way that herc will overcome it. Something as simple as this will win the day:
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gravitycontrol1fb8.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gravitycontrol2ex4.jpg

severance
I didnt store very many of his strength feats on my computer but here is a durability feat (for the armor, as I have already shown that Tonys thick head>>Hercs fist laughing out loud )

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=durabilityyc9.jpg

Also when it comes to versatility there is no way that herc will overcome it. Something as simple as this will win the day:
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gravitycontrol1fb8.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gravitycontrol2ex4.jpg

first scan durability well mountains are made of rock which is pretty tough but not as tough as tempered steel so the whole quote is meaningless

the versatility thing I dont really get why Herc couldn't just rip off the ag pad thing.

You are going to have to work a lot harder to convince me that IM can take down someone a thousand times more powerful than him without PIS. (plus i will admit i am not an IM fan the whole concept of IM blows are far as I am concerned)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.