Redesign a Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
Okay. Me am bored. So this popped in my mind.

So, this MIGHT have been done before, but here is the idea anyway.

You take any character from comics, and redesign their background and other parts, only leaving the basics of character. It's kind of like an Ultimate Universe story.

For example, the Champion of the Universe could be a human on Earth, who seeks to find out and master all the known martial arts in the world. To accomplish this, he has trained himself in physical perfection, and on the same time seeks answers to immortality all over the world to be able to completely know and retain them all, and to have experience that outlasts all the opponents who he could face.

I'm pretty sure that you got the idea.

I'll be posting my idea in some time, but I'll look forward in seeing yours. smile

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Okay. Me am bored. So this popped in my mind.

So, this MIGHT have been done before, but here is the idea anyway.

You take any character from comics, and redesign their background and other parts, only leaving the basics of character. It's kind of like an Ultimate Universe story.

For example, the Champion of the Universe could be a human on Earth, who seeks to find out and master all the known martial arts in the world. To accomplish this, he has trained himself in physical perfection, and on the same time seeks answers to immortality all over the world to be able to completely know and retain them all, and to have experience that outlasts all the opponents who he could face.

I'm pretty sure that you got the idea.

I'll be posting my idea in some time, but I'll look forward in seeing yours. smile ive already wrote a comic very similar to this. sorry

TheKahn
Thanos

Initially low level drug dealer in Thessaloniki, Greece named Alexander Stelios. While not a particularly bloodthirsty individual by nature, violence was an inescapable aspect to his life and proportionate to his success in the underworld. Needless to say, Stelios was very successful. Had his life continued along this path and he would have spent the rest of his days as a common crime boss.

This was not to be his fate, however. Success often results only in becoming an object of envy and hatred in the eyes of those who would wish to claim your power as their own. The hit had all the trappings of a professional operation. His rural villa was occupied the day before he was to return from a business trip. The family was held in the living room and Stelios counted at least three assailants for every friendly face. He knew he was dead as soon as he entered the room. The first bullet ripped through his shoulder and soon other parts of his body shared its pain. After the volley that was intended to end his life, his family was released. They predictably ran over to their patriarch to aid him while their sobs and cries covered the sounds of the assassins reloading. Stelios was left as dead buried under the bodies of his entire family.

He lay for days under the decaying mound; the very essence of death saturated his entire being. Whatever was human in him died that day and what was left was frightening to behold. Crawling through what should have been his tomb he swore vengeance on those who did this and life itself. He liquidated all of his assets and spent the next years pursuing the means to enact his vengeance. Through arcane and dark practices he transformed his body to match the power of his hatred and darkness.

Death became his sole concern and those responsible for his fate would be the first to experience the wrath of Thanos. He killed them, their wives, their children, their brothers and sisters, their parents, their friends, their business associates, their neighbors, and even their priests. They would only be the first as he would bring death to the entire world.

Creshosk
I'd make Jubilee not have lost her powers and make her the official sidekick of Wolverine rather than unofficial. Sorta like Batman and robin, not Green Arrow and Speedy or Captain America and Bucky. And not the Jason Robin either, either Dick or Tim. You know ... A side kick who lives. Cause yeah I don't want her dead, or gone. but eventually growing up enough to form her own team is fine.

Femi32
Well, I wouldn't redesign Superman's story, but I would redesign his suit.

H. S. 6
I have a Superman costume I designed a long time ago somewhere... I'll see if I can find it.

ScarletSpider
I did something like this awhile ago, but seeing as this thread's getting replies and not mine, that's cool.

I'd like to redesign the Martian Manhunter. He's a sweet character, but just looks stupid with his underoos, crisscrossed suspenders and pirate boots. Same with Plastic Man, I just hate his costume--I'd like to see him wear the Eel O'Brien gangster getup he had during the Duel Identities ID fiasco thing.

Not really sure what I'd do with J'onn. Something basic, let him keep the cape, big and loose with the gold chain thing in front. Lose the stupid crisscross red suspenders. Give him pants and redesign his boots a bit. Some sort of pattern on the legs of the pants to make them somewhat distinguishable. And a nifty belt. No more pronounced brow--for a being with an immensely developed brain and super mental powers, he sure does look like a big dumb neanderthal.

roughrider
Originally posted by Femi32
Well, I wouldn't redesign Superman's story, but I would redesign his suit.

That's a very neat design; but it looks more ceremonial.
The Ultimate look preserved his basic elements, but stylized them into a much better, streamlined look.

thundercracker
Originally posted by TheKahn
Thanos

Initially low level drug dealer in Thessaloniki, Greece named Alexander Stelios. While not a particularly bloodthirsty individual by nature, violence was an inescapable aspect to his life and proportionate to his success in the underworld. Needless to say, Stelios was very successful. Had his life continued along this path and he would have spent the rest of his days as a common crime boss.

This was not to be his fate, however. Success often results only in becoming an object of envy and hatred in the eyes of those who would wish to claim your power as their own. The hit had all the trappings of a professional operation. His rural villa was occupied the day before he was to return from a business trip. The family was held in the living room and Stelios counted at least three assailants for every friendly face. He knew he was dead as soon as he entered the room. The first bullet ripped through his shoulder and soon other parts of his body shared its pain. After the volley that was intended to end his life, his family was released. They predictably ran over to their patriarch to aid him while their sobs and cries covered the sounds of the assassins reloading. Stelios was left as dead buried under the bodies of his entire family.

He lay for days under the decaying mound; the very essence of death saturated his entire being. Whatever was human in him died that day and what was left was frightening to behold. Crawling through what should have been his tomb he swore vengeance on those who did this and life itself. He liquidated all of his assets and spent the next years pursuing the means to enact his vengeance. Through arcane and dark practices he transformed his body to match the power of his hatred and darkness.

Death became his sole concern and those responsible for his fate would be the first to experience the wrath of Thanos. He killed them, their wives, their children, their brothers and sisters, their parents, their friends, their business associates, their neighbors, and even their priests. They would only be the first as he would bring death to the entire world.

very cool smile cool

SnakeEyes
This thread got me thinking... an Ultimate line of comics in the DC Universe would kick so much ass...

Syndicate_Lord
I started an Ultimate Batman thread somewhere. I'll post a link so people can see my ideas...

Syndicate_Lord
Ultimate Batman: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t392278.html

It ties together the pasts of Bruce Wayne and Black Mask and has a bad ass new joker origin... Clayface is more like Ulimate Carnange!

Femi32
Originally posted by roughrider
That's a very neat design; but it looks more ceremonial.
The Ultimate look preserved his basic elements, but stylized them into a much better, streamlined look.

The Ultimate suit is good, but I still like this one better.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by TheKahn
Thanos

That's great. eek!

DarkCrawler
Okay here's mine.

Batman

Like ours, this Bruce Wayne's parents were gunned down in front of his eyes. But unlike ours, this Bruce Wayne didn't perfect his body and became predator of the night. Instead, he started to perfect his mind in every possible area, and with use of his money and power his money gave to him, he went to politics. He was a smart political opponent, practically undefeatable, and he gained more and more power in the United States. And he finally, after six years of political battles, he rose to the position that everyone wants. He became the President of United States, and swore to make it the safest and more peaceful country in the world.

Using all means available to him, he gained access to most top secret programs of the government. One of them was project nicknamed "Superman". Many years ago, about on the same year when President himself was born, an alien rocket landed on Kansas and killed an married couple when it hit their car. government equipment registered the landing as soon as it happened, and within half a hour from the landing, they were there. They found an human-like alien child inside of the rocket. After many tests, they found out that he was much stronger, faster and durable then humans. The child was kept in special environment where scientists studied his amazing powers - he even could fly. Finally, after five years of constant study, reports deemed that if the child would go rogue, he could potentially destroy the entire humanity. So he was put in stasis.

The President found out about this. For long, he had wanted to have something efficient which would keep his citizens safe from any crimes or other troubles. So, using the genetic material of the alien, scientists cloned numerous clones of him and started to test them. The powers in clones were much weaker then in the original subject, but they still had all the same powers, only to a lesser degree. Their brains were modified with treatments that gave them unquestionable loyalty to the President. The perfect peacekeeping force was created, and since they wore black costumes and cape whose nullified every sound they made, made them radar-invisible and pratically made them melt in shadows so they would be undetectable in dark, they were dubbed "Batmen" by the public.
Now, fifteen years from that, President Wayne is still in power. The people of United States simply do not want to remove him, and the President himself doesn't want to resign either. United States is practically crime-free, with Batmen (there is about half a million of them by now) eliminating every criminal and threat effectivelly. President Wayne has been dubbed "Batman" by the public, since the whole idea of Batmen came from him, and they are directly under his control if he wishes so. The closest associate of the President is his closest friend and bodyguard, Richard Grayson, who just might be the most dangerous man in the world when it comes to fighting (and killing) techniques.

Here, I made Micro Heroes:
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9845/bmrdsg3xn.png

AJ4LIFE
now thats cool

H. S. 6
Okay here's mine.

Batman

Like ours, this Bruce Wayne's parents were gunned down in front of his eyes. But unlike ours, this Bruce Wayne didn't perfect his body and became predator of the night. Instead, he started to perfect his mind in every possible area, and with use of his money and power his money gave to him, he went to politics. He was a smart political opponent, practically undefeatable, and he gained more and more power in the United States. And he finally, after six years of political battles, he rose to the position that everyone wants. He became the President of United States, and swore to make it the safest and more peaceful country in the world.

Using all means available to him, he gained access to most top secret programs of the government. One of them was project nicknamed "Superman". Many years ago, about on the same year when President himself was born, an alien rocket landed on Kansas and killed an married couple when it hit their car. government equipment registered the landing as soon as it happened, and within half a hour from the landing, they were there. They found an human-like alien child inside of the rocket. After many tests, they found out that he was much stronger, faster and durable then humans. The child was kept in special environment where scientists studied his amazing powers - he even could fly. Finally, after five years of constant study, reports deemed that if the child would go rogue, he could potentially destroy the entire humanity. So he was put in stasis.

The President found out about this. For long, he had wanted to have something efficient which would keep his citizens safe from any crimes or other troubles. So, using the genetic material of the alien, scientists cloned numerous clones of him and started to test them. The powers in clones were much weaker then in the original subject, but they still had all the same powers, only to a lesser degree. Their brains were modified with treatments that gave them unquestionable loyalty to the President. The perfect peacekeeping force was created, and since they wore black costumes and cape whose nullified every sound they made, made them radar-invisible and pratically made them melt in shadows so they would be undetectable in dark, they were dubbed "Batmen" by the public.
Now, fifteen years from that, President Wayne is still in power. The people of United States simply do not want to remove him, and the President himself doesn't want to resign either. United States is practically crime-free, with Batmen (there is about half a million of them by now) eliminating every criminal and threat effectivelly. President Wayne has been dubbed "Batman" by the public, since the whole idea of Batmen came from him, and they are directly under his control if he wishes so. The closest associate of the President is his closest friend and bodyguard, Richard Grayson, who just might be the most dangerous man in the world when it comes to fighting (and killing) techniques.

That's awesome. Good ideas. thumb up

AJ4LIFE
i love the pics with it

Mr. Valentine
Yeah DC, good story and good microheroes aswell big grin

H. S. 6
If I could make microheroes, I would try, but... embarrasment

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That's awesome. Good ideas. thumb up

Thanks. big grin

Mr. Valentine
Hmm, lol you are using emissary's templates, which you would have to be on the board to see really http://jerome.galica.free.fr/ (the link on the site), so i wonder who you could be on the board? theres a guy called namor76 who makes awesome microes (and the name obviously links you, he also had, owning people from blah blah that qoute you had or something) so hmm.. i wonder

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
Hmm, lol you are using emissary's templates, which you would have to be on the board to see really http://jerome.galica.free.fr/ (the link on the site), so i wonder who you could be on the board? theres a guy called namor76 who makes awesome microes (and the name obviously links you, he also had, owning people from blah blah that qoute you had or something) so hmm.. i wonder

Hmm...I don't think that I have joined an micro heroes group. blink

I get my templates from here:
http://foxgnaws.com/microheroes/v/templates/

http://microheroes.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=296&highlight=namor76
I know that I ain't that guy. My name isn't Jeff. stick out tongue

Glad that there is someone else that likes Namor though. big grin

Mr. Valentine
lol, ok whatever you say... shifty shifty jeff stick out tongue Lol well that suit came frm emis' temps anyways, lol. i was confused as to why you were wearing a portugese shirt bcz ur finnish... But still...its all good....

jeff evil face evil face

Mr. Valentine
Ok, so heres my go.
In this universe the Proffesor that made the serum also happened to be Burt's father; who also happened to be the worlds greatest hero, the void.. So when burt found out he injected himself with the serum and he became a sidekick to his father, But as time went by the void grew more violent and dangerous. Soon he had plunged into madness and was going on rapages around the world, The sentry and the void had a great battle and the void was defeated, but his reputation had been destroyed, people had only remembered him as a murderer and a killer rather than the hero he used to be. The sentry stepped up to co-found the avengers, and became the premium hero of the marvel universe. *i might do the avengers if i can be arsed*

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/j3rry_n31l/sentryandvoid.png

Mindship
The Silver Surfer

First of all, instead of Zenn-La, Galactus comes to Earth. Instead of Norrin Radd, astronaut "Joe Brave" (no F4) is launched to meet the Big G, and in doing so, strikes the Bargain with him: spare Earth and I will be your planet-finding herald. Galactus plucks a thought from Joe's mind for the new, herald configuration, and off he goes.

Advantages so far:
1. This explains why the Surfer looks so damn human.
2. It explains the surfing deal: it was Joe Brave's other passion (the first being, the exploration of space).

At some point, Joe realizes the horror of the deal he's made (maybe after a 1000 planets have died), betrays Galactus, and as punishment, Galactus confines him to the planet of his birth. Later, of course, he is forgiven and freed.

As for the Surfer himself...
When off the board, SS basically just has all human abilities (strength, speed, durability, senses, etc), but enhanced to superduper levels. There is No capacity for power cosmic.
When on the board, this is when he can control and unleash power cosmic. Even then, this power is limited to cosmic awareness, bolts and shields, no molecular rearrangment.
Advantages:
1. This explains why the Surfer needs his board to fly (needless to say, it would be nigh-impossible to knock him off it).
2. By keeping his powers simple, SS can still be insanely powerful, but not insanely versatile, making it easier to write stories and predicaments while avoiding PIS/CIS. And besides, if SS's job is simply to find planets, why does he need to transmute matter? Just give him what he needs to find planets (cosmic awareness) and defend himself (bolts and shields), period, should resistance arise.

Basically, my approach is simplify, simplify, simplify.

Good idea for a thread, btw.

Rewmac
How do you make costum microheroes?

Mr. Valentine
its hard man, um.. well i geuss you should register on da microheroes board, look at the tutorials and ask some people there stick out tongue im not that good really.. some people on there are really good.

grey fox
Sentry

By Day Robert Reynolds is a simple worker within a care-home , treating the elderly and sick. By night though he is a semi-fanatical follower of a cult that worships Sol , the sun god of Justice and Light.

While going out upon the cults annual 'purges' (in actuality vigilante groups) he is struck down by a vision of Sol himself who states to robert that he has been chosen to be the protector of him , to look out for those who would try to diminish , nay destroy the mighty Sol.

To equip him for this sol gives Robert His power 'times upon the many thousand revelations that i, sol take upon the word itself '

This 'sentry' of Sol takes to his job zealously , striking down the preacher of sol (whom is actually revealed to be using the cult to gain money) viciously as Sol himself declared within Roberts mind.

Soon though this work proves to be Robert's undoing as his attempts at halting Injustice usually involve him murdering the very criminals themselves.

A mysterious operation soon appears though declaring himself 'The void , an entity whom diminishes your Masters light as if he himself was thrown within the endless black of space' . Oddly enough whenever 'The void' appears Robert's powers fade and wane , with the void becoming stronger also The voice of Sol , the very thing which guides him through (and to) the crimes which he tries to stop disappears.

It is eventually revealed though that the void is merely a figment created by Robert's tortured mind , the stress and guilt of the deaths causing the voids birth. Soon roberts himself is wondering whether he or his world is even real ...could a being as powerful as he really exist ?

A less sucky (Old golden age character ...please ! ) re-vamp of the sentry , with a bit more magic added in.

DarkCrawler
Nice ideas, people. big grin

Creshosk
Originally posted by Rewmac
How do you make costum microheroes?

streekz
i like the batmen idea..dc
what happened to lex luthor?? surely he is batman's main enemy?

Psyquis52
Carnage,

As Venom left to deal with spiderman another spawned off of him and went in search of one who's rage and anger could fuel his powers properly. In his search he discovered the Hulk and immediatly attached himself to him. Hulk's fragile mental state gave way for Carnage to take control.

Thunderstrike
Namor:

When Namor Mckenzie realized that his strength could easily be used to turn a profit, he decided to get a wrestling gig.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2355/namor3uk3vr.jpg

big grin

streekz
laughing out loud

DarkCrawler
Here's another one.

En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur is a mysterious individual known by many names and even more legends are told about him. Some facts known about him is that he is perhaps the oldest living being on face of the Earth, and his immortality is because he is also a mutant. Research has also revealed parts of his background. En Sabah Nur was born about five thousand years ago in small settlement in Akkaba, Egypt. He had odd markings on his face, so he was abadoned by his tribe in the desert. He didn't die, however.

A warrior clan whose name has been forgotten long ago found the odd baby from the desert. He was adopted by the clans leader. He was trained in the fighting arts where the clan excelled. At the age of ten, he was already among the ten best fighters of the clan. At the age of fifteen, he was on par with the leader of the clan. And at the age of twenty, nobody could not defeat him in battle. The clan believed in survival of the fittest, and someone who wasn't fit didn't deserve to survive. En Sabah Nur believed in this more then anyone. His mutant powers also gave him strength, speed and stamina beyond any human. Nobody was fitter then he was.

That is why, at the age of twenty-one, he killed his entire clan. He didn't think they deserved to survive, because they were so weak compared to him.

But En Sabah Nur also realized that there were people more fitter then he was. Masters of martial arts he had never heard before. People whose skills made En Sabah Nur's skills pale in comparision. But En Sabah Nur didn't want anyone to be fitter then he was. He started to search these masters, and during his journeys, he realized that he hadn't aged a day since he turned thirty. At the age of sixty, he was still as strong, fast and tough as he was thirty years ago. That made him realize that he was immortal.

His immortality giving him infinite time, En Sabah Nur's search led him to the ancient masters of fighting arts. With different ways, he persuaded these masters to teach him everything they knew. After he had learned these skills, he killed the master who taught him them, so he would be the only one who knew them. He searched the best of the best, and slowly started to become the best of the best himself...

Now, about five thousand years from his birth, En Sabah Nur is virtually master of every fighting skill on Earth, and handles few extra terrestial ones too, since during his journeys, he met aliens who had ended up in Earth for reason or another. There is no weapon he doesn't handle perfectly, ancient or modern. Also, his long age has given him wealth surpassed to no one. He has also contacts everywhere, and he is most likely the most influential man on Earth. With five thousand years of experience, he is the most intelligent being in history of our planet, too. There is few who can come close to match his skills in combat or intelligence, and no one who can surpass him in there.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/638/esn1xl.gif

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Namor:

When Namor Mckenzie realized that his strength could easily be used to turn a profit, he decided to get a wrestling gig.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2355/namor3uk3vr.jpg

big grin

http://www.redfreak.com/YOUREDEAD-poster.jpg

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by streekz
i like the batmen idea..dc
what happened to lex luthor?? surely he is batman's main enemy?

Umm...Batman bought out his company and cast him out to streets when he was running for President. He started to turn into crime and was eliminated by Batmen years after.

Thunderstrike
laughing

grey fox
Luthor the most powerful and intellectual man on earth , now a street bum fighting monkeys for sandwiches.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by grey fox
Luthor the most powerful and intellectual man on earth , now a street bum fighting monkeys for sandwiches.

Yeah. yes

Psyquis52
Due to a flaw in the employment agency Impossible man is hired on to take over Reed Richards spot in the FF.

Galactus has an Earth waffle.

streekz

DarkCrawler
Nice. big grin

streekz
thanks.. big grin

H. S. 6
I'll definitely make one when I get back to my Photoshop computer. stick out tongue

Thunderstrike
Okay, my last one was kinda wierd:

Namor
Namor, after being the king of Atlantis for so long, decided to make his status as an Avenger more public, making better relations with the surface world, and becoming a celebrated public figure. He then hosted Saturday Night Live:
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20050914090236rocknamor0qb.jpg

big grin

H. S. 6

Namor
Namor, after being the king of Atlantis for so long, decided to make his status as an Avenger more public, making better relations with the surface world, and becoming a celebrated public figure. He then hosted Saturday Night Live:

big grin

laughing

streekz
no2 .........................hysterical

DarkCrawler

Namor

big grin

blink

Who makes these images, and where does he live?

I want to kill him with my bare hands.

streekz
laughing out loud why dont you like the rock as namor?

DarkCrawler
Because I do not consider him that good of an actor, he's a bit too buff for Namor, and Namor doesn't really look like him that much. erm

Soleran
Cuz he can smell what the rock's cook'n and it smells like Namor.

streekz
i agree. he is too muscled out for namor.
you know your avator it looks like namor has aged alot compared to his usual looks..

DarkCrawler
Just a different artist. smile

Namor does not age. stick out tongue

streekz
well that artist makes him look like he couple years away from going grey.. laughing out loud dont worry not dissin him.. since being on here and seeing your respect thread he is now my 2nd fav marvel character...
have you got anymore character idea's?? your batmen one was very interesting.. or are you gonna add to it? adding characters like riddler ect.. surely the batmen have gotta have some enemies else they might aswell retire.

littleredhat
After the fall of Troy to the Greeks the unfortunate prophet princess was raped by Ajax before being seized by Agamemnon. The descendants of this bloodline survive to this very day and continue to be cursed with the gift of prophecies that will never be believed by mortal ears.Currently the only living decedent is believed to be Dr. Valery Fuller a reclusive private doctor renowned for her early diagnoses.Realizing long ago to never speak of her knowledge out loud she instead does everything in her own power to prevent the tragedies she know will occur. Training herself in the arts of science,magic, various forms of combat Valery attempts to succeed where her ancestor failed and prevent misfortune for the innocents of the world. Donning full body armor and a face mask modeled after the Trojan ally and amazon queen Penthesilea she preforms the actions necessary to prevent misfortune no matter how it evil it causes her to appear. Only the gods know what she really is and sometimes protect her despite her complete contempt for them. Her true intention is to discover a way to finally destroy the gods,revive Troy and take her right full place as Queen. Until then she is simply known as Doctor Doom. evil face

ScarletSpider
Captain Thunder:

The original Captain Thunder was a one off character in the pages of Superman, it was before DC had sorted out their mess with Fawcett's Captain Marvel so they just created this straightforward clone of Marvel to fight Superman. He rubbed a belt buckle, pronounced the word Thunder and was transformed. Thunder even acted as an acronym which granted him various powers.

Anyways, to my update. Billy Fawcett is a seventeen year old boy who lives on the Mohegan American Indian reservation. He wants desperately to get out and see the world, as he feels too isolated on the tribal land in Connecticut. Yes, they can go into the outside world, but once he's old enough...he may travel as he wishes. One day, during a bad thunder and lightening storm Billy is caught outside and can't make it home. "Shaman" welcomes him into his house. "Shaman's" the town crazy, no one really knows much about him but he must have been succesful enough earlier on in life that even though he doesn't seem to do anything, he's financially well off. Shaman made his money in the casino business, selling vice to others, then he sold his share and retired, devoting his life to studying American Indian occult and more.

He and Billy speak and he learns of Billy's desires to see the outside world, the true wanderlust inherent in Billy's heart. He learns that Billy is an orphan, no family left, he's a ward of the Mohegan state--he has nothing here, which is part of the reason he wants to get away so badly.

Shaman tells Billy he can give him what he wants. He preforms some ritual, Billy's kind of weirded out but he stays because at least he's not out in the rain. Shaman conveys all of his powers unto Billy and calls upon the gods and spirits to make Billy a champion and Billy's imbued with the primal forces of nature. But the ceremony isn't finished, the powers are there, but they haven't been bound to him. Shaman hands Billy a large, old, handwritten journal and tells him to leave, forcing Billy from his house. Outside, Billy's pretty freaked out, he's fevered and dizzy and then he's struck by lightening. Several times. The lightening is the lynch pin that binds the powers and nature to him.

He awakes and finds himself newly empowered. He has the basic Superman/Captain Marvel physical abilities, super strength, flight, speed, invulnerability. Along with the journals, the Shaman handed him a tomahawk/axe handle with no head and a knife hilt, again with no handle. Billy can call to him and focus electrical energy. He can use this to varying effects, calling down lightening and thunder storms, or creating weapons from lightening, i.e. summoning electrical energy to act as the head of his tomahawk or blade to his knife, he can also handle and shape it into other forms, a length of searing, electric rope, etc. So he has minor Green Lantern abilities (being able to shape electric energy into weapons for him to weild) melded with Thor/Storm a little bit. His soul is bound to the electromagnetic fields of the earth, thus he can call upon that and has limited control of it--which is how he summons storms and whatnot. In a Captain Marvel homage, he can call upon his weapons, dress, etc. as need be.

After all that, ship him out and send him into the outside world to get in misunderstandings with other heroes and fight.

Dress: Pants and boots, chest bare with tattoo (where the lightening struck it seared him, creating the mystical binding that locks the powers into him, the tattoo flouresces in an electric blue color as do his eyes). Unkempt black hair, not long but not short, y'know? War paint and markings, bracelets/gauntlets and other accoutrements like that. He looks American Indian, but not stereotypical, no stupid loin cloth, and he'll scare the shit out of you. He's young, but with the war paint, wild hair, and glowing eyes looks a bit older.

ScarletSpider
Tere's a pic of the original Captain Thunder at the bottom. Obviously a big Captain Marvel knock off. The weird yellow emblem on his chest is what the tattoo on my Captain Thunder's chest would look like. Only it would be a ring with a weird pattern coalescing in the middle.

Redesign #2: Roko the Amazing

The original Roko is a weird character. Captain Marvel esque powers. He says Ilium and transforms. Although it's weird that he speaks an ancient name for Troy, and is given the powers of Achilles and Ulysses, two of Troy's biggest enemies. Also has the abilities of Agamemnon. Flight and strength as well (I'd doctor the original story to give Roko the swiftness of primal winds controlled by Aelous and the might/strength of some other mythological being to account for his vast superstrength. I could just wuss out and use Hercules but don't want to. Perhaps Turnus, although this would be even more confusing to add a Rutulian demigod).

Roko had a shield featuring a triskelion design on it. I'm going to make that the focus of his powers. Unlike Thor, he can be parted from it and it doesn't matter, but his power can be stored in it. Thus the original Roko stored his power in it one day and never looked back, he became just a regular man and walked away from the superlife. 50 years later in a pawn shop in Turkey (where Ilium/Troy was) a college student finds it. He recognizes the design, thinks it's neat, talks the pawnshop owner down so he can afford it and takes it home. He's studing the classics, reading the works of Homer and Vergil. One day he's polishing the shield and reminded of a passage from the Aeneid, and muses over it. Something compels him to speak it, and within the passage, of course, lies the magic word, Ilium. He's transformed, wearing divine armor crafted by Vulcan/Hephaestus, a chain links the shield to his forearm, but the chain is made of Promethean fire. He can hurl the shield great distances, binding people up in the firechain, or yanking the chain and calling the shield back to him. Instead of having a stupidlooking (in todays world) skirt/dress type thing, he has pants and various buckles and guards on his legs and stuff to keep with the armored theme.

All this is very good and well, he's a great hero, but at his heart, he has a problem. He's a sunni Muslim (duh he lives in Turkey). So how does he justify his great powers--derived from Pagan gods, when he believes devoutly in the tenents of Allah?

DarkCrawler
well that artist makes him look like he couple years away from going grey.. laughing out loud dont worry not dissin him.. since being on here and seeing your respect thread he is now my 2nd fav marvel character...
have you got anymore character idea's?? your batmen one was very interesting.. or are you gonna add to it? adding characters like riddler ect.. surely the batmen have gotta have some enemies else they might aswell retire.

I made one earlier:

Here's another one.

En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur is a mysterious individual known by many names and even more legends are told about him. Some facts known about him is that he is perhaps the oldest living being on face of the Earth, and his immortality is because he is also a mutant. Research has also revealed parts of his background. En Sabah Nur was born about five thousand years ago in small settlement in Akkaba, Egypt. He had odd markings on his face, so he was abadoned by his tribe in the desert. He didn't die, however.

A warrior clan whose name has been forgotten long ago found the odd baby from the desert. He was adopted by the clans leader. He was trained in the fighting arts where the clan excelled. At the age of ten, he was already among the ten best fighters of the clan. At the age of fifteen, he was on par with the leader of the clan. And at the age of twenty, nobody could not defeat him in battle. The clan believed in survival of the fittest, and someone who wasn't fit didn't deserve to survive. En Sabah Nur believed in this more then anyone. His mutant powers also gave him strength, speed and stamina beyond any human. Nobody was fitter then he was.

That is why, at the age of twenty-one, he killed his entire clan. He didn't think they deserved to survive, because they were so weak compared to him.

But En Sabah Nur also realized that there were people more fitter then he was. Masters of martial arts he had never heard before. People whose skills made En Sabah Nur's skills pale in comparision. But En Sabah Nur didn't want anyone to be fitter then he was. He started to search these masters, and during his journeys, he realized that he hadn't aged a day since he turned thirty. At the age of sixty, he was still as strong, fast and tough as he was thirty years ago. That made him realize that he was immortal.

His immortality giving him infinite time, En Sabah Nur's search led him to the ancient masters of fighting arts. With different ways, he persuaded these masters to teach him everything they knew. After he had learned these skills, he killed the master who taught him them, so he would be the only one who knew them. He searched the best of the best, and slowly started to become the best of the best himself...

Now, about five thousand years from his birth, En Sabah Nur is virtually master of every fighting skill on Earth, and handles few extra terrestial ones too, since during his journeys, he met aliens who had ended up in Earth for reason or another. There is no weapon he doesn't handle perfectly, ancient or modern. Also, his long age has given him wealth surpassed to no one. He has also contacts everywhere, and he is most likely the most influential man on Earth. With five thousand years of experience, he is the most intelligent being in history of our planet, too. There is few who can come close to match his skills in combat or intelligence, and no one who can surpass him in there.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/638/esn1xl.gif

streekz
yeah i read that one still like the batmen more..
isn't bruce wayne in danger of being one of them- (we live in a perfect world) sort of like in aeon flux or vendeta??

Syndicate_Lord
Okay here's mine.

Batman

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9845/bmrdsg3xn.png That is SO f**king awesome... sounds like a real Elseworlds story!

willRules
A young man offered to become a guinea pig for chemical tests to gain enough money to support his frail Aunt.

This man underwent years of steroids and combinations of various physical enhancements to become stronger, faster and have better agility and reflexes the world has ever seen.

More testing showed he had developed a form of extra sensory perception. He could almost feel, through his enhancements, the rhythm of the his immediate surroundings by his brains quick analysing of the environment he is in. Through honing of this ability he is able to perfect it into becoming a warning or alarm sense. He also could use these abilities to harness part of the attraction forces within his body and through some focus can attach himself to his immediate surroundings.

Using his enhanced intelligence he set out to create a pair of advanced polymer grappling hooks with remolding capabilities. After a few years and with a little help from the project that gave him his enhancements he was successful in creating the devices.

After the horrific death of his frail Aunt he realised he now had abilities which could help others from losing their loved ones. He decided to take a symbol that would scare criminals or those that got in the way. That of a spider.

Syndicate_Lord
That's bad ass, Will!

willRules
cheers big grin

Syndicate_Lord
I did a Captain Marvel one which turned him into a much darker character... and here it is:

Teen junkie Will Batson was one day hiding in an old dump when a lighting bolt struck neaby, leaving a buring crater. as he heard police coming in search of him, Will hid in the crater and suddenly looked up at the night sky and saw the starts forming one golden word and he spoke it aloud:
"Shazam!"
And he was instantly transformed into a flly grown man! He wore a dark hooded cloak, underneath wwhich was a deep red oipen necked top with a white thunderbolt across it. He also wore deep read trousers (pants) and black boots. He was granted asmazing powers: the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles and speed of Mercury! At first he used his powers to get rich, permanently in the guise of Captain Marvel. But one day he met an old man who explained Will was granted his gift to save others and then revealed to him his mother, mouring Will's "death", for Will had not returned for over a week. Suddenly Will reealised he had to help people and became Will, keeping to the laws as a far better son, but when night fell, he would speak the word "shazam" once more and Captain Marvel would return to save innocents.
However, will's junkie friend, adam, had also been at the dump and chose the path of evil without the old man;'s words to guide him...

I also did Sentinel, Ion and Green Lantern ones if that's any good...

streekz
well thats what this threads for. throw them in..
what do i call you now?? Syndicate_Lord or knightfall??
because your sig still states that name.

confused

Syndicate_Lord
I'm waiting for Juggernaut66666 to make me a new sig, LOL!

Syndicate_Lord
Black Adam redesigned:

Adam Kain, Will Batson's friend, was also at the dump and when he saw Will enter the crater and Captain Marvel emerge, he crept in and was granted similar, but greater, powers! He became the mysterious Black Adam, wearing his own costume that he designed with his power... a black hoody and jeans! The hoody had a red thunderbolt on the back. Adam set out to defaet Will and become a "God" without the old man's guidance!

streekz
so at this moment you are caught between two names.. (soon to be the artist formerly known as knightfall93)

Syndicate_Lord
lmao, indeed

DarkCrawler
yeah i read that one still like the batmen more..
isn't bruce wayne in danger of being one of them- (we live in a perfect world) sort of like in aeon flux or vendeta??

Actually, USA is the only place where this is used, so only USA is the perfect place, other countries still have their own problems. Even though Wayne is a powerful man, he doesn't hold power in other countries. And he is the guy who controls all this, so he isn't in danger of being one of them. He really can't be fired from his position, because he has secretely assigned so that the Batmen have been programmed to believe that Wayne is their supreme commander. So, no revolutions or anything. You can't wrestle the control of his own personal peacekeeping troops from him. And without Batmen, USA (Since they have grown to accustomed that Batmen are their army force) isn't nearly as powerful country anymore. Batman, in some sense, IS United States.

Syndicate_Lord
Wow, now THAT is cool!

DarkCrawler
He's sneaky. shifty

Syndicate_Lord
Yep... that's the kind of thing I imagine reading in an Elseworlds story!

H. S. 6
Actually, USA is the only place where this is used, so only USA is the perfect place, other countries still have their own problems. Even though Wayne is a powerful man, he doesn't hold power in other countries. And he is the guy who controls all this, so he isn't in danger of being one of them. He really can't be fired from his position, because he has secretely assigned so that the Batmen have been programmed to believe that Wayne is their supreme commander. So, no revolutions or anything. You can't wrestle the control of his own personal peacekeeping troops from him. And without Batmen, USA (Since they have grown to accustomed that Batmen are their army force) isn't nearly as powerful country anymore. Batman, in some sense, IS United States.

What if a main conflict was, if there was ever a story to go along with it, an uprising within the people? Batman (Wayne) is getting a bit too power-hungry, and citizens begin to regret this feeling of oppression.

And, what if this uprising was lead by the supers of the country? Possibly... lead by the one and only Superman, who's been locked up and treated as a lab rat for his entire life? shifty

That could certainly make for an interesting story... just my two cents, though. big grin

grey fox
The Bat-Man

Young Bruce Wayne was out on a joyful night when his parents were gunned down in front of his very eyes for what meager amoutn of money they had. Being placed within the care of his loving uncle Alfred , Bruce grew into a healthy young man, though the desire for revenge still burned within him , he sought a way to inspire fear within those like fear had been placed in him at that very night.

He wished to go on a training journey , to hone and craft his mind and body so he could become a force of justice within his city , so no one would have to suffer as he did. Unfortunately the Wayne's were a rather poor family, scraping life by the skin of their teeth.

In need of cash quickly to fund his trip he went into medical testing , the brightest of gotham having many a untested formula ready to perhaps save mankind from the constant debilitating diseases that riddled our world.

The first few injections passes through Bruce's system with nary a problem until the seventh injection came. A supposed cure for Leukemia generated from a single globule of Bat plasma , their bodies being able to handle different blood types and problems.

Bruce suffered in agony for several days until he finally mutated into a horrible bat like humanoid , although his once skinny frame was now a wall of muscle . Bruce hid-away in a large pot-hole he discovered at the end of his Uncles back garden , the darkness comforting to him. The only person knowing of his new existence was was his uncle , who came occasionally with food for his nephew.

Soon enough though this 'bat-man' could stand the dark-little hole in the ground and escaped into the glittering metropolis that was Gotham city.

Still the same person on the inside though Bruce couldn't tolerate crime , and viciously attacked the first mugger whom he saw.

After a few weeks of this gothams protector came to light , as those would dare attack the city knew in fear of the predator that lurked within.

Syndicate_Lord
That's pretty good... I'll have to copy up my Sentinel/ Ion idea later...

Mindship
Hmm. Considering the careful thought many have exhibited here, I may have to go back and neaten up my Silver Surfer redeux, though the same principles would still hold.

"Joe Brave." Surely, no one took that as the final word.

yes

Syndicate_Lord
It was OK. Far less ridiculously powerful...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What if a main conflict was, if there was ever a story to go along with it, an uprising within the people? Batman (Wayne) is getting a bit too power-hungry, and citizens begin to regret this feeling of oppression.

And, what if this uprising was lead by the supers of the country? Possibly... lead by the one and only Superman, who's been locked up and treated as a lab rat for his entire life? shifty

That could certainly make for an interesting story... just my two cents, though. big grin

Nice ideas. smile

There could be a scientist whose brother/other relative was a criminal but he got killed by Batmen in escape. He meets up with secret society comprising of other people whose friends or relatives have been killed/captured by them. There would be hundreds of thousands of them, Batmen have been busy. This scientist works at the Superman Project, and he uses his security clearance to transport him away.

Superman is then freed and told about his past. He is trained in use of his powers for months, until the secret society finally unreveals their plan and starts a revolution...

There could be a cool final scene with Superman fighting half a million of Batmen in the same time. big grin

And something cool with Batman too...

streekz
how about a final showdown between the batman and superman, this final battle sets the story line for a war between superman and batman? laughing out loud just an idea..

Piedmon
Obviously, after his army of clones have fallen, Wayne would have to take to the sky in a specially designed battlesuit, with kryptonite-radiation blasters. (It could be modeled after the old Luthor battle-armor from the mainstream universe, but with Batman-y elements added....)

grey fox
Originally posted by Piedmon
Obviously, after his army of clones have fallen, Wayne would have to take to the sky in a specially designed battlesuit, with kryptonite-radiation blasters. (It could be modeled after the old Luthor battle-armor from the mainstream universe, but with Batman-y elements added....)

Like a batman 1 million mask.....

Syndicate_Lord
That would kick ass... the final battle and maybe they both die...

streekz
laughing out loud dont think dc will be too happy that his story is being added to by others. laughing out loud
the battle should be even, if batman injected himself with supermans DNA that made him more powerful than his usual self and superman might not be full strength after the time spent as a lab rat.

they fight to the death superman dies then batman laughs (evil) thinks he has won but then he dies due to supermans blood poising him..
the next scene see's joker and lex luthor strangling each other.. laughing out loud

Syndicate_Lord
We're not adding to his story. we're discussing what COUULD happen

streekz
messed

Syndicate_Lord
hmm...

streekz
hows leading your syndicate going?
have you got anymore idea's for redesigning a character?

Syndicate_Lord
I have started writing my own comic for a DC version of the Civil War at the min, but I can't drw so for a draft i drw stikck men, LMAO! I have designed a Green Lantern, Sentinel and Ion story that I shall soon post

streekz
laughing out loud stick men?? i aint the best drawer but to draw more than one character would take me a few days... (throwing away all the drawings cause i wouldnt be happy with them) laughing out loud

Syndicate_Lord
LOL, I will proably drw them out properly sometimee but I cannot be bothered yet...

streekz

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud dont think dc will be too happy that his story is being added to by others. laughing out loud

Nach, it's nice that people like my story. smile

Syndicate_Lord
It was by far the best, but i like that Gamble one!

streekz
thank you.

willRules
A young disfigured man woke up wearing nothing but shredded tatters for clothing. He remembered being in pain, he remembered lying in a pool of blood. All he knew was that he should be dead.

He shuffled across the landscape. Unaware that just 4 miles in the opposite direction was a top secret facility on fire, men running around screaming.............

The strange ugly man found his way back into civilisation, and found that a mysterious agency was trying to track him down for reasons he couldn't remember. Possibly his strange powers- the fact he couldn't be killed.

He would distance himself from society by taking a humorous approach at life. His humour was a metaphorical mask to hide his feelings and his physical mask to hide his disfigurements.

He gave himself a name based on his only memory. Deadpool.

scissorhands
hey saw that micro heroes thing. pretty cool. How would you do that?

willRules
Originally posted by scissorhands
hey saw that micro heroes thing. pretty cool. How would you do that?

Go onto this site http://jerome.galica.free.fr/ and copy and paste the images into whatever image format you have eg. Ms Paint.

Etrigan
Okay here's mine.

Batman

I can't tell you how happy I would be if that was an Elseworlds story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.