Batman Begins Rules (still)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet_Spidey
And the award for most underrated movie of the year goes to ...
Batman Begins !
First of all, i certainly don't get why this movie didn't get the attention it deserved, it had a great cast with many famous people, the special effects were said to be magnificent and with Christian Bale as the toprole, you just CAN'T make a bad movie. (like the machinist rocked also)
But why o why, didn't this movie get enough attention ? I just can't seem to figure that out. I mean, for the first time, it has a good story, it really tells you how the legend of batman started to come. Tim Burton's movie was, altough i have many respect for this man and as example one of my favorite movies sleepy hollow witch he created, well, quite wack. The leather costumes were ridicueles, the cast was definitly not up to playing a good role (like george clooney for crying out loud) and the batmobile was just plain STUPID. I thought they made the batmobile out of carton or plastic, and they probably did.
The movie was incredibly surrealistic and the storyline was as thin as a wire, like as example how in godsname can a car ride on a wall.
After laughing out loud with Val Kilmer and George Clooney, both performing tremendously below their avarage acting jobs, i really liked Christian Bale. Christian Bale tried to bring up some sympathie when as example he almost died, the only thing George Clooney tried is to get gay guys have a boner.
For the people who didn't read the comics, like me at first (now i have about 80 batman comics , bought on a sale for just 20$), they would start to wonder, how did he get the batcave, how did he get the car ?
And the car in Batman Begins was finally a bit realistic, at last.
The suit of Batman also very realisticly explained.
And George Clooney just fighted very well, like every rich playboy.
Never wondered how he got into fighting ? Well, Christian Bale explains.
Altough the creators had to explain it by creating the fictional character Ra's Al Gul, i didn't mind. He was created well.
So finally, we had a Batman movie, with a great Hollywood cast who didn't behave like they were really from Hollywood. I liked this dark movie.

Well this is only my opinion, go out and tell yours.

Xirius
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t399309.html

Scarlet_Spidey
Damned, well im pretty new to this forum and i prolly overlooked it.
Sorry. Admins can delete this.

Syndicate_Lord
Mods. And Burton only did Batman and Batman Returns. Schumacher id Forever and &Robin,the crappest ones...

Krabs55
this movie was badass even though he isn't my fav! But great movie!

Syndicate_Lord
LOL, how can he NOT be your fave?

Mr Parker
I agree with you Scarlet Spidey,Batman Begins was for sure the most underrated movie of the year.It should have won best picture.Cant believe it wasnt even nominated. mad I also cant believe this movie did not get the attention it deserved. mad especially since it was better than most comicbook films including those crappy Burton Batman movies. sick I was so grateful to Nolan for making a batman movie that erased that horrible nightmare Burton/schumacher franchise. for once we had a great batman movie with great casting choices.Keaton was so wrong for the role of batman,along with George Clooney,neither fit the role and Kilmers batman had too many corny lines and robin was played by some guy who was way too old to be adopted.It was so great to see a Batman movie for a change where it was all about Batman for a change and like you said,they actually explained how he got his fighting skills and the batcave and for once,made a batman movie that was loyal to his character. Happy Dance with casting choices like they had in that movie,its a travesty that movie was so horribly promoted. mad Especially since it was one of those rare moments holllywood actually made a great comicbook film.Batman Begins is defenitely better than most comicbook films.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, and that we FINALLY had a great Batman movie with a great hollywood cast that didnt behave like they were really from hollywood.well said scarlet spidey,good thread. thumb up like the link to that other thread said,this movie was majorly overlooked.

katie_girl09
I dunno...
It didn't get promoted quite as much as the other Batman movies...
And just kinda quietly went into the box office and snuck out just as quietly...
Maybe people (i.e. non-Batman comic fans) aren't really interested in more Batman movies?
*Runs screaming from mob of fans*

braz
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Batman Begins !
First of all, i certainly don't get why this movie didn't get the attention it deserved, it had a great cast with many famous people, the special effects were said to be magnificent and with Christian Bale as the toprole, you just CAN'T make a bad movie. (like the machinist rocked also)
But why o why, didn't this movie get enough attention ? I just can't seem to figure that out. I mean, for the first time, it has a good story, it really tells you how the legend of batman started to come. Tim Burton's movie was, altough i have many respect for this man and as example one of my favorite movies sleepy hollow witch he created, well, quite wack. The leather costumes were ridicueles, the cast was definitly not up to playing a good role (like george clooney for crying out loud) and the batmobile was just plain STUPID. I thought they made the batmobile out of carton or plastic, and they probably did.
The movie was incredibly surrealistic and the storyline was as thin as a wire, like as example how in godsname can a car ride on a wall.
After laughing out loud with Val Kilmer and George Clooney, both performing tremendously below their avarage acting jobs, i really liked Christian Bale. Christian Bale tried to bring up some sympathie when as example he almost died, the only thing George Clooney tried is to get gay guys have a boner.
For the people who didn't read the comics, like me at first (now i have about 80 batman comics , bought on a sale for just 20$), they would start to wonder, how did he get the batcave, how did he get the car ?
Altough the creators had to explain it by creating the fictional character Ra's Al Gul, i didn't mind. He was created well.
So finally, we had a Batman movie, with a great Hollywood cast who didn't behave like they were really from Hollywood. I liked this dark movie.

damn good post ^yes i feel exactly the same way cool

Dark Shazam93

01ZERO
ITS BETTER THAN

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY IN HOW ITS NOT NEARLY AS MEMORABLE AS THE ORIGINAL
WEDDING CRASHERS AS IT IS NOT AN EPIC COMEDY NOBODY CARES ABOUT
KING KONG AS IT IS NOT A REMAKE THAT TAKES PLACE WHEN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE WAS MADE
WAR OF THE WORLDS AS ITS NOT JUST SOME NOVEL TURNED INTO A BIG BUDGET MOVIE MADE BY A THIRD RATE DIRECTOR WHO MADE CRAPPY BY RATED MOVIES THAT OLDS CARES ABOUT
HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE SINCE ITS NOT A MOVIE SERIES THAT CAME OUT BEFORE THE BOOK SEIRES WAS FINISHED AND CLOUDED THE AUTHORS CREATIVITY RUNIING FUTURE TITLES
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA THE LION THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE AS IN ITS NOT A BIG BUDGET MOVIE THAT CAM EOUT IN THE WRONG ORDER SINCE IT DIDNT FOLLOW THE TRUE BOOK ORDER CHANGE BY THE AUTHER HIMSELF

ITS NOT BETTER THAN STAR WARS EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH. IM NTO A NERD WHO DEVOTES HIS LIFE TO A SERIES AND THEN DISSES HIS WHOLE LIFE WHEN IT CHANGES FOR THE BETTER.
IT IS NOT BETTER THAN BATMAN RETURNS THIS MOVIE IS AS UNTRUE AS IT SINCE THE VILLAINS APPEAR IN THE WRONG ORDER, I WIN.

HellMaster93
Star Wars' New Trology was suckier than most of the stuff on the shit list...

Scarecrow756
I thought the Star Wars PT was okay but not near as good as the OT. But saying that I like all six Star Wars films for what they are.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Star Wars' New Trology was suckier than most of the stuff on the shit list...

yeah there hasnt been a good star wars movie since Empire Strikes Back.Sith was okay but not near as great as A NEW HOPE or EMPIRE.

HellMaster93
New Hope was the best but I still really liked ROTJ too...

Scarecrow756
New Hope was the best but I still really liked ROTJ too...

My favourite Star Wars film is Empire Strikes Back, you just can`t beat "No I am your father."

Tallis
Batman Begins !

Um..... Ras Al Ghul wasn't a character they made up for the movie. He's an actual adversary of batman in the comics.

smiley8
Tim Burton's movie was, altough i have many respect for this man and as example one of my favorite movies sleepy hollow witch he created, well, quite wack. The leather costumes were ridicueles, the cast was definitly not up to playing a good role (like george clooney for crying out loud) and the batmobile was just plain STUPID. I thought they made the batmobile out of carton or plastic, and they probably did.

Tim buton didn't cast clooney...........and as much as i loved begins, i thought the burton batmobile looked MUCH better.....IMO that is THE batmobile.

HellMaster93
I prefer the Tumbler m'self... and Ra's al ghul is fictional, it's just he was made up for a COMIC in the '70s!

Darth Martin
I like the tumbler and Ra's is in the comics all the time.

HellMaster93
yes He's a bad ass!

Scarecrow756
yes He's a bad ass!

He sure is.

HellMaster93
cool

Scarecrow756
But the Joker is more bad ass.

HellMaster93
yes As always...

Mindship
I just saw Batman Begins. Why did it take me so long? Because I am not a Batman fan. Why do I want you to know that?

Because Batman Begins is a well-conceived, well-executed movie, the best of all the Batman movies done to date.

Christian Bale was terrific.
The psychology involved in the film was great.
Loved that Batmobile!

thumbup1

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mindship
I just saw Batman Begins. Why did it take me so long? Because I am not a Batman fan. Why do I want you to know that?

Because Batman Begins is a well-conceived, well-executed movie, the best of all the Batman movies done to date.

Christian Bale was terrific.
The psychology involved in the film was great.
Loved that Batmobile!

thumbup1

thumb up Great post Mindship.I am glad you took the time out to watch Batman Begins. Happy Dance You are so right.It is easily the best Batman movie done to date.Better than all the other Batman movies combined.The thing that makes Batman Begins a unique movie is it appeals to people like you who are not Batman fans.The other Batman movies,you got to be a die hard batman fan to enjoy them.Where with Batman Begins,the casual moviegoer can enjoy them.The one thing I dont share the same enthusiasem that you do though is the Batman Begins Batmobile.That was about the only good thing Batman 89 did was the batmobile was a lot better than the Batmobile in Batman Begins.

Mindship
Originally posted by Mr Parker
The one thing I dont share the same enthusiasem that you do though is the Batman Begins Batmobile.That was about the only good thing Batman 89 did was the batmobile was a lot better than the Batmobile in Batman Begins.

I think I see what you're saying about the Batman-Begins batmobile. Certainly, it was not in keeping with the Bat motiff, and lacked all those smooth lines.

But that's what I liked about it: it seemed, well, realistic. In fact, what I liked so much about Batman Begins was, for the first time, I could see realism in the transformation, in Bruce's reasoning.
Very well done film.

Mr Parker
I see what your saying about the batmobile.I hope they improve it though for the second film.Yeah your right,for the first time in the Batman movies you could the realisem in the transformation of him.This is the kind of Batman movie we should have had back in 89 but were robbed of.Since the movie was actually about Batman instead of the villains,we were able to get an in depth understanding of his character for once.

TheFilmProphet
I remember during filming of Batman Begins in Chicago I visited the block where they were filming (although crews were not present) and it felt amazing just to know the Bat-mobile had been speeding through the street with Gotham police only hours before. Plus it was great to see those streets in the film later, I even got a pic of signs that mentioned there was a film being filmed and their hours.

HellMaster93
Woah... cool! Yeah, I agree 100%Midship. Indeed, the Batmobile was more realistic as an unused super-tank... and as cool IMO as the normal Batmbolie!

WhiteRat
yeah its been done to death but since we have another one,Batman Begins easily.Its the one and ONLY true Batman movie that does the comic justice.

HellMaster93
Amen!

U Neek
When I first saw this movie, I thought it was the best out of all the Batman films that had been made. However there were certain aspects of Batman Begins that I did not like, which made me think it wasn't a great movie. But still, I thought it was the best out of all the Batman films.

I went to watch Superman Returns when it came out in the UK. Watching SR made me appreciate BB because now I think BB is a GREAT movie, and SR is an OK'ish movie that has put Superman back into the movie limelight.

Things like the Batmobile being a tank, I know others do not take a liking to it. I did not like the Batmobile in BB. I prefer the one in Batman because it's sleeker and looks smoother. However, being a fan of the Batman comics, I like the idea behind the Batmobile in BB because when Bruce Wayne first started out on his crusade as Batman, he did not have a nice sleek Batmobile. He had a rough and rugged one. Over the years as being Batman he upgraded his vehicles. Hopefully we'll see this in future Batman films directed by no one other than Chris Nolan.

And just like Christopher Reeves was THE Superman, Christian Bale is THE Batman!

Mr Parker
Right on U NEEK.great post.I agree 100% with everything you said.well spoken. Happy Dance thumb up thumb up rock

bakerboy
Yeah, geat post. I feel the same when i saw superman returns. ok movie, but not great and miles away from the chris reeve movies. Chris Reeve is superman and Chris Bale is batman. Not contest. Probably, the best two movies based on comics books.

U Neek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.