X-men super populair ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet_Spidey
Well , i'm a european , Belgian to be specific, and i wonder is X-men so popular in America. For as far as i know the two X-men movies in Belgium wern't great succeses, the first one nearly a flop. Comicbooks of the x-men are only sold in very specific importstores, the comics aren't translated and a year old before they even reach our land. Toys of the X-men can't be found in any toy store, only in very few comicbook stores, where they are being sold at incredibly high prices.
The cartoon shows from the mid 90' still run on one channel, only in the vacation and at 6 am.

ScarletPheonix
to alot of people they are very popular and most people liked the movies but the 90s cartoon was took of the air

Paranoid Pyro
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Well , i'm a european , Belgian to be specific, and i wonder is X-men so popular in America. For as far as i know the two X-men movies in Belgium wern't great succeses, the first one nearly a flop. Comicbooks of the x-men are only sold in very specific importstores, the comics aren't translated and a year old before they even reach our land. Toys of the X-men can't be found in any toy store, only in very few comicbook stores, where they are being sold at incredibly high prices.
The cartoon shows from the mid 90' still run on one channel, only in the vacation and at 6 am.
Well, well. A fellow Belgian. I see you're new. Welcome to the KMC boards and I hope you have a lot of fun.

You're right about the movies, they weren't that populair. Well they kind of were but not that hyped like in the States. And X-Men has a much smaller fanbase in Belgium.

The comics. Really hard to find, but they are translated, I've found some. I don't know where you live but you can find some in t' Sloeberke. That's in Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen.

The toys are really hard to find, and like you said, most of the time they're quite expensive. So I'm with you on that.

The cartoon show, what channel does it run on? I'd like to know. Last year they showed X-Men Evolution, but that's been cancelled again. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me where and when, since I really like the cartoons.

See you 'round.

supreme_being
In the uk, i would say they were huge hits, esp in northern ireland we have hundreds of stores that sell the x-men toys and comics, all of which are cheap, i have friends that had never heard of x-men till the movie came out and all of which are now big fans of the comics, toys and movies, we still get showings of the x-men cartoon and ur able to buy it here on dvd, like boxset. both x-men movies were top ten hits in the box office here!

pr1983
in ireland most stores sell essential x-men (and we can get the us comics from comic shops, of which there are several), and the availability of british tv means we got the animated series' when they were on fox kids...

allofyousuckkk
90's episodes were TAKEN off air

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.