Need Help ASAP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esaul
My brother downloaded limewire on MY computer, and I deleted everything, and I heard that their is some sort of thing hidden on the computer, and my ad-share it said wouldn't pick it up at all. Everytime I try to open something it says:

Program Not Found

Windows cannot find LIMEWIRE.exe.

This program is needed for opening files of type 'Application'

Location of LIMEWIRE.exe:

Cerm

This happens everytime I try to click something. The only reason how I got on the internet was because I can still click on folders and i typed in the website through the folder.

I tried downloading other virus scanners but it won't let me open them. It says the same thing every single time.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Esaul
My brother downloaded limewire on MY computer, and I deleted everything, and I heard that their is some sort of thing hidden on the computer, and my ad-share it said wouldn't pick it up at all. Everytime I try to open something it says:

Program Not Found

Windows cannot find LIMEWIRE.exe.

This program is needed for opening files of type 'Application'

Location of LIMEWIRE.exe:

Cerm

This happens everytime I try to click something. The only reason how I got on the internet was because I can still click on folders and i typed in the website through the folder.

I tried downloading other virus scanners but it won't let me open them. It says the same thing every single time.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

This won't help, but you'll feel better...

Slap your brother on the back of the head and call him an idiot.

Esaul
Already did that helps a little.

Can't find anything to let me open the applications.

And it deleted my programs and all my folders except My Documents, the only thing letting me on the internet.

shugie99
This is why you shouldn't use programs like limewire...it can be a pain in the ass to buy the DVD or CD, but it's a lot cheaper than wrecking your computer wiht viruses and spyware.

eggmayo
I've had Limewire for over two years with absolutely no problems.

Have you tried a system restore?

If that fails, reinstall Limewire and uninstall it properly.

Delete it through Add/Remove programs.

Delete all running registry keys related to it.

Delete all startup items related to it.

Then reboot.

El_NINO
Originally posted by eggmayo

Then reboot.

DO NOT TOUCH THE REGISTRY IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TOO!!!!!

Its simple reboot your PC, and go into safe mode by pressing F8 at the startup. Once in safe mode you can go into ADD/REMOVE software and uninstall the program, then do a search to see where the EXE file is to delete it. When you finish that, try to run your anivirus or spyware program to see if you can pick up anything. If all else fails reinstall XP.

Dont know why you deleted every folder tho makes no sense.

eggmayo
The registry can easily be restored through system restore points. I don't see why everyone is afraid of it.

LanceWindu

Then reboot.

No problems for me either.

The registry can easily be restored through system restore points. I don't see why everyone is afraid of it.

shrug Or they can get a program like Registry Mechanic and run that after removing a program, then reboot the computer.

eggmayo
I have a backup of mine, its only 760kb no expression

I class it an essential of PC usage, really.

El_NINO

Are you sure about that? It may and may not restore your registry, also you may not even get into XP if your registry is messed. I can handle regedit easily but really, theres no need unless you have a virus or you installed a program illegally.

eggmayo
And apparently this guy installed a program illegally.

El_NINO
And apparently this guy installed a program illegally.

I agree... although I lean over to the VIRUS side a bit more than an illegal program which had the virus.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.