myths busted!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so a little lighter topic:

i have 2 kids, one is almost 2 the other just over 3. both are all about the easter bunny and santa -- especially the 3 year old.

so, i'm trying to remember when i realized there was no such thing as either. can't say for sure. how long did some of you go on believing? those with kids, DID you let them believe? did you break the sad news to them?

any stories about how some of your childhood illusions were shattered would be appreciated! big grin

=Mysta=-kILL
There is such a thing as Easter, the easter bunny just isnt real. big grin lol

Magee
Found a list of all the things me and my brother wanted for christmas, with little ticks on ones she got. Wether she wanted us to find it our was just stupid is another question, think I was 9.

debbiejo
Found the presents hidden in the closet around 8........broke my heart.... sad .........Always wondered why I didn't get that reindeer I asked for......The Easter Bunny, I never really believed that.....

NOW WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ABOUT THE TOOTH FAIRY?????......... mad

Impediment
I always thought it was odd that christians celebrate their Easter holiday commemorating the death and resurrection of their savior, Jesus Christ, by telling their kids that a giant Bunny Rabbit..................left chocolate eggs in the night. I never believed the easter bunny anyway. Santa? I found my mom and dad putting out the presents unerneath the tree Christmas eve, when I was supposed to be asleep but snuck out of bed to try and see Santa.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Impediment
I always thought it was odd that christians celebrate their Easter holiday commemorating the death and resurrection of their savior, Jesus Christ, by telling their kids that a giant Bunny Rabbit..................left chocolate eggs in the night. I never believed the easter bunny anyway. That's because Easter is really associated with Paganism, the goddess of fertility...hence bunnies and eggs...

The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede, (672-735 CE.) a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre."
http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

MC Mike
Here are my childhood illusions in chronological order of when I realized they were made-up:

- Tooth Fairy
- Easter Bunny
- Santa Claus
- God

Imaginary
I... don't think I ever believed in any of them.

MC Mike
I'd have to say I was never infatuated either. A sceptic born?

Darth Nepulis
I never really believed in the easter bunny.

Believed in Santa until I was about 7 or 8...

Shakyamunison
What? eek! The easter bunny is not real. eek! Ahhhhhhhh

laughing

PVS
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What? eek! The easter bunny is not real. eek! Ahhhhhhhh

blink crybaby

debbiejo
Then who brought my candy???????? confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Then who brought my candy???????? confused

That was the sexual predator that lives next door. stick out tongue

Nazgulinthedark
i knew there wasnt santa back in 1st grade...but my parents thought i was really cute when i talked about santa...so i didnt "stop" beleiving in him till i was like 10

debbiejo
I think the more you tell your parents you believe in Satan, I mean Santa, the more presents you get.

Nazgulinthedark
exactly...ive noticed a sharp decline in my present number

Mindship
The only thing my parents played along with is the tooth fairy, and even then, it wasn't something they really pushed.

There was also some funny business (I think my grandparents started it) with the ghost of Elijah, the biblical prophet who drinks from the seder cup on Passover. Someone would always gently kick the table, so you saw the vibrations in the cup. That was supposed to be Elijah sipping the wine...but none of my relatives could keep a completely straight face.

Imperial_Samura
I got Jamie and Adam to do a special mythbusters for my kids. That's no true actually. I don't have kids.

Anyway, I think most kids, if not told they aren't real, will eventually logically come to work it out for themselves, by at least age 7 or 8. They are so observant, I mean the whole "how can Santa be at 7 different malls all at once and why does he ask if I've been good or bad, shouldn't he already know???!!!" (My own questions at age five, the age I pretty much stopped really believing.)

And even if it doesn't happen there you can bet some kid at school will say "Santa's not real."

debbiejo
Yeah, every mall you go to that has a santa, made me really wonder......Like hey, confused

Imperial_Samura
Yeh. I got told they were robot Santa's, not actually him, because he was back at the South Pole trying to finish all the toys. Which I thought was a bit bad because they didn't look like robots. I'd have liked it if they had look like robots, as I like robots.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Yeh. I got told they were robot Santa's, not actually him, because he was back at the South Pole trying to finish all the toys. Which I thought was a bit bad because they didn't look like robots. I'd have liked it if they had look like robots, as I like robots. The South Pole???? That's the wrong place....and they actually told you that?? laughing out loud laughing out loud

I had a jar left out so I could catch the tooth fairy.......but I always fell asleep.........lol

Imperial_Samura
South Pole, North Pole, I can't remember that bit of the story so I just say South Pole, I imagine that is where the robot Santa factory would be anyway.

What you should have done was line the bottem with that sticky fly paper, so when she lander in the jar for the tooth she'd get stuck, and voila! You have captured the tooth fairy.

badabing
I figured Santa and the Easter Bunny in 1st grade. Tooth Fairy after I lost my first tooth. I still believe in God.

Eis
I found out the tooth fairy didn't exist when I was like 6 but I pretended to believe in it so my parents would still give me the money. happy

Koala MeatPie
I just stopped beleiving,

As for my kids, I won't fill there minds with assinine idiocy.

debbiejo
OH, I'm in to fantasy.....I tell kids to say hi to dead in the cemeteries, they feel ignored.......lol

botankus
Originally posted by Darth Nepulis
I never really believed in the easter bunny.

Believed in Santa until I was about 7 or 8...

BlackC@t, you're alive! What's with the new name? To me, it's still BlackC@t.

The Omega
Hmmm... I honestly can't remember.
I don't recall ever actually believing an overweight old man with a beard flew around and delivered presents, it was more like a tradition-thing. Same with the Easter Bunny.
My parents loved telling us fairy tales and adventures when my sister and I were small kids, but also told us that they were not really real... smile
God? Never believed that fairy tale either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.