Godwave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
What does WW's Godwave do? How powerful is it? Who can she go toe-to-toe with if she has the godwave?

Darth Kal-El
omg doesn't anyone know what it is?

Thunderstrike
There's a thread called Comic Book questions.

chris_64256
In extreme situations, through prayer and meditation, Diana can channel the endless power of the Godwave, making her, theoretically, the single most powerful being in creation. However, she can only perform this act for mere seconds, as holding on to the power any longer than that would drive her insane and threaten all of existence. And also through prayer and meditation, Diana has been known to morph herself into the Earth and travel within it to escape imprisonment, alter her appearance and personality and send her astral self to mystical planes (WONDER WOMAN #63, 120, 152, 177, 184, Special #1).
I hope that helped if you need anything else on her give me a hollar.

chris_64256
she has some of the coolest powerful weapons in comics I will make a list.

chris_64256

chris_64256

chris_64256

chris_64256

chris_64256

chris_64256
Winged Sandals of Hermes: The sandals permit Diana to teleport from one place to the next and transverse dimensions. The sandals also grant anyone who wears them the ability to soar at tremendous speeds.
Gauntlets of Atlas: These bands increase, by a factor of ten, the strength and stamina of anyone who wears them.

chris_64256

Mindship
Personally, I still find it hard to believe that bullets and arrows can harm Wonder Woman, but she can take a hit from Superman. Yes, I've heard of the "blunt impact" theory. But considering how much harder Superman can hit then, say, a bullet, that extra power should render null and void the extra surface area of his fist, making it just as deadly to Diana as a bullet. Good thing, when they fought, he did not decide to poke her with his superpinky.

As for all the things she can use to enhance her flight: just what is her top flying speed w/o aids, and what would be her fastest aided flight (and with what aid)?

chris_64256

Mindship

Syndicate_Lord
She sounds way better than Supes from that... isnt she strongly linked to Captain Marvel though? Both have powers of the Greek Gods...

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindship
Thanks for the input, though much of this I already knew from websites and such.

I also like to nit-pick. For example: deflecting bullets and other projectiles, I can understand. Your "average" bullet moves between mach 1 and mach 2, so Diana's hypersonic reflexes makes sense. She can see the bullet coming and react in time.

But how does one detect an incoming laser beam? You can't see the light of the beam before the beam itself. Further, I don't ever remember reading--outside of fan-made websites--that Diana has lightspeed reflexes (otherwise she'd be like Flash), and even those wouldn't help her to see a laser beam coming.

Sure, one can say, she anticipates the beam by noting the trigger being pulled. But the bottom line is, it's all just make-believe. I suppose I just like a little more realism and consistency than most.

In any event, so mach 20 is beyond Diana's ability? wink Think more like the laser gun on Goldeneye 64.
That's how they tend to work in comics.

Thunderstrike
The Moonraker Lazer? Awesome weapon.

Syndicate_Lord
That game was pure classic...

olympian

Syndicate_Lord
Sounds BS to me!

olympian
I lost my count on how many times i asked from pll who claimed that she managed to outrace him to show me where, and nada.

The only thing i got was a "fight" where Mercury`s porpuse was to bed her, where they didnt seemed to be going at high speeds or anything and where both got shots in.

Nice.

chris_64256
(JLA #2, 33, WONDER WOMAN #51, 56, 109, 171, 196). I hope I answered your question.. Thats why I put the comics in which it happen bud try reading a post before shooting your mouth off.

olympian
Know whats funny? The Mercury fight i mentioned happened in WW # 51.

Want another funny? In Jla# 2 it doesnt mention her being faster either. Wich is the claim i "read" about.

And i hope the best example you have isent her "borrowing" the speedforce trail, while she was trying to reach Jessie Quick.

Not a single respect thread has her outracing Mercury. I find that odd, if she actually had such a feat.

You sure you mean faster?

How about showing instead using just numbers, that any fan site can "provide"? Show me the clear evidence and ill concead.

Syndicate_Lord
Amen to that, Brother Olympian!

Juntai
I don't think anyone is really clearly defined as the fastest, aside that we know if Wally pushes himself, he's faster than creation itself as a whole.

olympian
Its not like she shouldnt be faster or not. Thats another argument. Its the whole case being dubious at best.

The whole WW/Marvel/Hermes/Mercury/Flash its a mess.

But ill wait for him to show her outspeeding Hermes/Mercury. Im sure he must have it. Then ill make my comments.

- - -

"I don't think anyone is really clearly defined as the fastest, aside that we know if Wally pushes himself, he's faster than creation itself as a whole."

Im not debating who is the fastest person in the universe. Im debating the claim that WW is faster than someone she hasent proven to be faster from what ive read.

If anything theres evidence of the other way around. But ill wait to see for myself.

Syndicate_Lord
Wally is supposed to be the Fastest MAN alive but Diana isnt a man in any sense. Shes not even human.

chris_64256

chris_64256
scans coming soon it was is avatar but very very impressive none the less..

olympian

Mindship
So...no mach 20...?

chris_64256
DC Comics Presents #41 together right now.It's a better take on the scenes that way I think.Here's Diana proving to be faster than Hermes & stronger than Hercules in the Pre Crisis DCU.In fact,she actually catches up to and overtakes Hermes.And quickly recovers from a initial sucker shot by Hercules.
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3212/wwherchermes3ft6je.jpg http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4553/wwherchermes24ao2uz.jpg http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7844/44443rt.jpg http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4161/wwherchermes41pk3ct.jpg http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/995/wwherchermes50br1th.jpg

chris_64256
more coming...

CaptainStoic
Her bracelets aren't are indestructible as you think that they are, Superman crushed one, and broke her wrist in doing so.

olympian
I knew this was bound to happen...

Thats not post crisis, you know? raver

Pre crisis isent been called here. Post crisis -is-.

I hope the next set of scans are better, but considering your taking everything from the original thread at SHC (even the text explaining the pictures) then i wont see much.

Mindship
Damn...she beat them both wearing heels!
Now I'm impressed.
But still...no mach 20?

olympian
Pre crisis she actually proved she could beat them. I dont know if pre crisis Mercury ever won a race against her, but Hercules won at least one fight that im aware of.

Then again, im asking post crisis wich is the current version since years ago. That one i never saw. If it even exists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.