Thor goes nuts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psyquis52
Thor has gone insane! And it's up to the Avengers to stop him.

Who puts a stop to Thor's insanity!

Captain America Iron Man
Hawkeye Vision
Quicksilver Thunderstrike
Wonderman Wasp
Yellowjacket Spiderman
Luke Cage Wolverine (cough)
Spiderwoman

Who goes down?

Does Thor vanquish the Avengers?

Bloodlust on!

Unusual mind control Thor is fighting at the top of his game. No Rune King.

Thunderstrike
Thor kills them all, easily. The only one he would have a smidgen of trouble with would be TS.

Mider
yeah they would die

spetznaz
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Thor has gone insane! And it's up to the Avengers to stop him.

Who puts a stop to Thor's insanity!

Captain America Iron Man
Hawkeye Vision
Quicksilver Thunderstrike
Wonderman Wasp
Yellowjacket Spiderman
Luke Cage Wolverine (cough)
Spiderwoman

Who goes down?

Does Thor vanquish the Avengers?

Bloodlust on!

Unusual mind control Thor is fighting at the top of his game. No Rune King.

Even without going insane Thor should be able to EASILY vanquish that line up, especially under KMC rules (which make the character use all the powers and abilities under his repertoire ....which means, for example, that Thor will be using Mjolnir for more than simply an unbreakable baseball bat!)
Thor, written well, is already too fast, too strong, too varied, too magical, too everything than any of these guys.
However in a comic he'd be written as a sot who only knows how to swing his hammer around and hit people in the head while speaking in 'Olde English' (which is weird since he is supposed to be a Norse deity, not some half-educated person from 15th century London).

Anyways, Thor clears this list. Easily.

Psyquis52
Teamwork has a factor here people. They are not going to tackle him one on one. Nothing about fighting the Avengers is ever easy.

badabing
Is Thunderstrike a Thor clone or Thor from a different universe?

Thunderstrike
He's Masterson Thor with a Uru mace. He's significantly less powerful.

Psyquis52
Neither.

Thunderstrike was Thor or rather was possessed by Thor for a long time. Then Thor was seperated from his being but Thor didn't want to leave Earth defenseless so he gave a enchanted mace to Thunderstrike and that's how he got his power.

Also I think Captain America, Iron Man and Thunderstrike will give Thor an especially hard time because they all know very well how Thor works.

badabing
Thanks TS and Psyq.

Horrificus
If you look back, the Vision has pulled off some pretty serious wins also.
He could definitely be a factor.

leonidas
actually vizh would likely be the toughest. problem with him is to do his most damage he needs to partly solidify in thor. at that point thor can actually strike and ko him. his best bet is to solidify his fingers in thor's brain. i'm pretty sure he ko'd hercules that way, but he'd need to get behind thor. the others could act as a distraction to allow it. another prob for vihz is there are some of thor's more exotic energy attacks that may actually impact vihz even though he is intangible, though i don't believe this has ever been shown to be the case.

the only other hope is ironman, imo. if they work very well together, they could get a win against reg thor, but not without a bunch of casualties. mad thor crushes them without hope.

golem370
Wonder Man,Vision,Iron Man & Thunderstrike beats him

Mindship
Thor has gone nuts: Warrior Madness, anyone? And he was able to defeat the Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and Adam Warlock. Anything less than that is gonna end up as a thin smear of sticky gray paste in less time than it takes you to pee during a commercial.

golem370
he had the power gem then

D-Block
Thor takes this

leonidas
Originally posted by golem370
he had the power gem then

no he didn't. he squashed them BEFORE he got thegem . . .

Validus
Originally posted by leonidas
actually vizh would likely be the toughest. problem with him is to do his most damage he needs to partly solidify in thor. at that point thor can actually strike and ko him. his best bet is to solidify his fingers in thor's brain. i'm pretty sure he ko'd hercules that way, but he'd need to get behind thor. the others could act as a distraction to allow it. another prob for vihz is there are some of thor's more exotic energy attacks that may actually impact vihz even though he is intangible, though i don't believe this has ever been shown to be the case.

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/4667/317nm.th.jpg

Sixth_Winged
non PIS thor would just blow every other member away with a large tornado like what he did to Absorbing man with the exception of Thunderstrike, Vision, Wonderman and Ironman. It might be tough but WM thor is quite powerful compared to them.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/4667/317nm.th.jpg

well now, THAT'S interesting. where is that from? i love when i'm right and don't even know it! big grin

still, doesn't change the fact that if he sticks his fingers in thor's brain while thor's back is turned that thor might be done. i'm almost positive that fake vision did that to hercules and ko'd him during the whole GATHERERS saga . . . sad and CLASSIC tony has absorbed thor's lightning in the past AND ko'd thor. think it was while thor was being controlled by moondragon . . .

JohnR
Thor wins very easily.

Horrificus
I think "easily" is a little unrealistic.
This is a very experienced bunch, almost all of them have gone against galactic level opponents while part of the team. And very powerful foes while they were on their own.

JOE NUNEZ
Didnt the avengers jump, and knocked out superman, without thor so they could do the same to thor .......Of course the roster was a bit different.

JohnR
There's a difference between what would happen in a comic and what should happen on a battle board. All-out Thor is a team wrecker who's knocked around the Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock, and so on.

joesha28
Not to say he is a damn good fighter who could take on multi opponents.

King KAM
Captain America

joesha28
Mortal Thor stalemated Cap. Now he's mad with all of his power. O boy. But i think Iron man-Cap team up the toughest. Both are good stratagist in their own right. But Thor takes this.

King KAM
Originally posted by joesha28
Mortal Thor stalemated Cap. Now he's mad with all of his power. O boy. But i think Iron man-Cap team up the toughest. Both are good stratagist in their own right. But Thor takes this. caps shield will break mjlonir, hahahahahaha

spideycarnage
warrior maddness anyone?

King KAM
Originally posted by spideycarnage
warrior maddness anyone? hahahahahaha, someone call thanos

spideycarnage
Originally posted by King KAM
hahahahahaha, someone call thanos
haha.. thanos too the rescue to put thor back in his place

King KAM
Originally posted by spideycarnage
haha.. thanos too the rescue to put thor back in his place thanos pwns thor, all day

Scoobless
thanos pwns thor, all day

Just not on those days where Thor beats the crap out of him

shifty

King KAM
Originally posted by Scoobless
Just not on those days where Thor beats the crap out of him

shifty don't hold your breath

Scoobless
don't hold your breath

I don't need to hold my breath to reread something that's already happened... a couple of times

stick out tongue

King KAM
I don't need to hold my breath to reread something that's already happened... a couple of times

stick out tongue not anytime soon, that was before thanos got both of his upgrades

Scoobless
Same with Thor and his Odin + Rune powers

King KAM
Same with Thor and his Odin + Rune powers but thor doesnt permantantly have these upgrades

Scoobless
How do you know that?

King KAM
How do you know that? so thor is permanantly rune king thor???

Scoobless
I don't know.... but i'd rather wait for some proof rather than jump to any conclusions

King KAM
I don't know.... but i'd rather wait for some proof rather than jump to any conclusions now you are being silly.

Scoobless
No.... i'm being logical..... silly would be claiming something is true just because i want or expect it to become true in the future

stick out tongue

King KAM
No.... i'm being logical..... silly would be claiming something is true just because i want or expect it to become true in the future

stick out tongue well, when RKT comes back IF he comes back, he will be pwned by the mad titan

Superherovandal
please, if its RKT he'll stomp Thanos everyday and twice on Sundays.

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Superherovandal
please, if its RKT he'll stomp Thanos everyday and twice on Sundays.
thumb up

The_Olympian
Then Thanos finds a cosmic cube or the infinity gauntlet again or some other super powerful artifact and makes thor lick his boot...

joesha28
True...he needs that to beat RKT.

King KAM
Originally posted by joesha28
True...he needs that to beat RKT. he is simply making it easy, RKT is to thor as, HOTU is to Thanos

Questioneer
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Thor kills them all, easily. The only one he would have a smidgen of trouble with would be TS.

I love how this guy runs around accusing people of being "fanboys" when its clear that he's the biggest fanboy here. 2200 posts?!? What the? How does someone accumulate that much crap about comics let alone waste that must time arguing about it.

I bet he's either gonna bring up somebody with more posts or get me booted.

So relax man, just let people enjoy their stuff and quit trying to ruin it for everybody.

For some reason geeks are so "black & white". That's why everyone hates them. There's nothing wrong with reading comics. But for some reason they have to get in your face about how captain kirk can eat 50 klingons.

geez

Scoobless
Originally posted by Questioneer
2200 posts?!? What the? How does someone accumulate that much crap about comics let alone waste that must time arguing about it.

no expression

I'm impressed that he's done all that in just over 2 weeks..... but overall it's not that many

Crease
If it were possible to be a Thanos fanboy, which it's not, I'd be it. Still, RKT is stupid powerful. When he found out Loki had a hand in Ragnarok, he decapitated him, reanimated his head, and carried it around by the hair like a lantern. And yes, he does still have the upgrades. Why would he not? When Odin originally received the Odinforce, it didn't die out after a while. Unless marvel brings Odin back from the dead and Thor relinquishes his power so his father can rule again, he'll still have the powers. When he awakens...and it hurts my soul to admit this...Thanos shouldn't be anywhere near this guy.

I got my money on him awakening later this year to stop Annialation.

Thunderstrike
I love how this guy runs around accusing people of being "fanboys" when its clear that he's the biggest fanboy here. 2200 posts?!? What the? How does someone accumulate that much crap about comics let alone waste that must time arguing about it.
I've been reading comics since I was a kid. There's nothing wrong with someone being knowledgeable about comic books, or anything that is out of the ordinary. It's a hobby. Big deal.

I bet he's either gonna bring up somebody with more posts or get me booted.
No, I can't do either. Even if I could ban you, I wouldn't. You haven't violated any rules, but picking fights with people when you've only been around for five days isn't smart. You have two posts. I saw your other one. You went and started calling people fanboys, but didn't back up your claims. Practice what you preach, man.

So relax man, just let people enjoy their stuff and quit trying to ruin it for everybody.
I haven't ruined anything, mostly because outside of the debates, I don't start stuff with people. I never do anything to people that haven't gotten out of line, or haven't pissed me off for no reason. Ruining things is when you come on to a debate section of discussion boards and start ranting and raving about someone's supposed behavior, yet you've already done it yourself. Two posts, and you're calling two people fanboys. Doesn't speak well for you.

For some reason geeks are so "black & white". That's why everyone hates them. There's nothing wrong with reading comics. But for some reason they have to get in your face about how captain kirk can eat 50 klingons. geez
I don't like Star Trek, so I have no idea why you're bringing that up. Also, if you're taking time out of your busy schedule to come on to movie or comic boards and discuss them, then you are a geek yourself. You sir, are the pot calling the kettle black. Unless you have something intelligent to bring to the conversation, I suggest you stop talking and start reading. This type of behavior only gets people banned.

spideycarnage
i think thor can take all these guys in the list without being mad, with the exception on thunderstrike. But if where talking about a maddened thor, the team gets smacked easily. thor whooped surfers ass while he was maddened, and supposedly thanos as well.

Thunderstrike
He didn't whip Thanos. Thanos was fighting him and got bored. erm

spideycarnage
He didn't whip Thanos. Thanos was fighting him and got bored. erm

yeah thats wat i thought.

leonidas
I've been reading comics since I was a kid. There's nothing wrong with someone being knowledgeable about comic books, or anything that is out of the ordinary. It's a hobby. Big deal.

No, I can't do either. Even if I could ban you, I wouldn't. You haven't violated any rules, but picking fights with people when you've only been around for five days isn't smart. You have two posts. I saw your other one. You went and started calling people fanboys, but didn't back up your claims. Practice what you preach, man.

I haven't ruined anything, mostly because outside of the debates, I don't start stuff with people. I never do anything to people that haven't gotten out of line, or haven't pissed me off for no reason. Ruining things is when you come on to a debate section of discussion boards and start ranting and raving about someone's supposed behavior, yet you've already done it yourself. Two posts, and you're calling two people fanboys. Doesn't speak well for you.

I don't like Star Trek, so I have no idea why you're bringing that up. Also, if you're taking time out of your busy schedule to come on to movie or comic boards and discuss them, then you are a geek yourself. You sir, are the pot calling the kettle black. Unless you have something intelligent to bring to the conversation, I suggest you stop talking and start reading. This type of behavior only gets people banned.

nice to see someone NOT overreact to someone's stupid post. wink

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by leonidas
nice to see someone NOT overreact to someone's stupid post. wink

I didn't overreact, Leon. He had a bad misconception, I felt the need to tell him that he was way off.

badabing
Questioneer. laughing laughing

leonidas
I didn't overreact, Leon. He had a bad misconception, I felt the need to tell him that he was way off.

i know you didn't. that's . . . . what i said . . .?

it was a compliment. big grin

Deathstroke
does Iron Man have is standard armor or can he slap on the Thorbuster?

Thorbuster + his Extremis upgrade could make it a little harder on Thor

leonidas
b-b-b-b-b-b-b--bump!

stick out tongue

outarddwarf
bump you say????

spideycarnage
the team wont win unless they have tons of prep!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.