Anakin Skywalker vs Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Who wins? It's ROTS Anakin vs CW Depa.

MEDVOCK
I say Depa. Not only had she mastered form VII, but also Vaapad. And apparently, Vaapad is able to take the powers of the opponent and reflect it back at them. Thus, all she's have to do is use Anakin's own anger against him (which he would have a lot of), reflecting it as her own power.

Antediluvian
Actually, Anakin may be able to pull this one off.

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin would win.

Traya
Hmm, I'm not sure who would win, actually...

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin was already better then most everyone on the Jedi council as of ROTS, except for Mace and Yoda (Yes he was better then Obi-Wan).

Depa was a master swordsman(women?) and extremely proficient with Vaapad. As well as a High General in the early Clone Wars and a member of the Jedi council.

She was good, but people around here vastly underestimate Anakin I think. Anakin has become the "Superman of the SW vs. Forums" in that people vastly underrate just how powerful and skilled Anakin actually is/ was in LoE and ROTSish time-frames. For some reason people seem to forget LoE etc. where Anakin is shown to be vastly superior to Obi-Wan (and others) and even Obi-Wan knows it. People are constantly saying how powerful Anakin is, even Dooku was impressed in LoE with Anakin's vast increase in power.

The only people I would say that there is No Way Anakin could beat is Yoda, Sidious, and MAYBE Mace (And since Mace, then Dooku seeing as there about even, but Anakin beat Dooku..so..)

Although Mace would win 7/10 times. I'd say Anakin is skilled enough to put up a damn good fight against Windu, a damn good fight indeed. Windu would be "shittin' bricks" after he fought Anakin.

So I dont think Depa could win this. Anakin wouldn't pwn her or anything, Depa's Vaapad assures that, but she wouldn't win.

hord06
I pretty much agree with everything you said apart from the points about Dooku and Mace Windu. Dooku was trying to convert him and was toying with him, and Anakin got lucky and his sudden burst of rage surprised and overcame Dooku. Dooku would win any other time. And Mace would own him just like Dooku each time. Was Anakin even a master of his form?

Revolver Ocelot
There was a theory going around that Obi-Wan would have been absolutely destroyed at Mustafar had Anakin been clear-minded. But that theory rests on the fact that Dooku wasn't playing with Anakin. It's quite clear that he was, and was just surprised. But GL could say otherwise.

darthsith19
Anakin wins. Despite what Mace says about Depa being stronger than he is, he did beat her even when he was recovering from broken ribs and a thousand other wounds and he wasn't even trying to fight. With Anakin Mace'd at least have to try.

Janus Marius
Depa would probably destroy Anakin. I realize Anakin's the Chosen One, but that doesn't equate to whupass sabergod. Unless you think that Obi-Wan Kenobi can hold up to Depa... in which case I suggest you put down the crack.

asuka69
Obi Wan would be able to stand up to Depa. She wasn't that powerful.

Janus Marius
I suggest you not hit the pub before 7 pm again.

asuka69
Great job justifying your opinion stupid.

Revolver Ocelot
Mace was also very emotionally conflicted when fighting Depa.

tdtd
Originally posted by MEDVOCK
I say Depa. Not only had she mastered form VII, but also Vaapad. And apparently, Vaapad is able to take the powers of the opponent and reflect it back at them. Thus, all she's have to do is use Anakin's own anger against him (which he would have a lot of), reflecting it as her own power.

Isn't Form VII Vaapad?

Revolver Ocelot
Form VII is Juyo.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by darthsith19
Anakin wins. Despite what Mace says about Depa being stronger than he is, he did beat her even when he was recovering from broken ribs and a thousand other wounds and he wasn't even trying to fight. With Anakin Mace'd at least have to try.

What the hell? In my book, Mace got tooled by Depa in their duel, and when Depa realized what she had done, she tried to commit suicide but Nick shot her saber from her hand.

Antediluvian
No, Kenobi was the greater duelist in the end, Anomaly.

He managed to be on par with Anakin the entire duel and finally outclassed him in the end.

I continously remember who walked away from the fight with their limbs and I know whom the better duelist is.

Yes.

This is true. Alot of people do underestimate Anakin's power and his skills.

Anakin beat Dooku kind of unfairfully, you must remember.

Yeah, I could see Anakin possibly defeating Mace.

Yeah, I agree with most of what you said.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Antediluvian
Anakin beat Dooku kind of unfairfully, you must remember.

No he didnt, Dooku lost fair and square. Lucas says it in the DVD commentary. MAYBE Dooku underestimated Anakin and it cost him, but Dooku lost for no other reason then that he just lost. GL stated it.

No, Kenobi was the greater duelist in the end, Anomaly.

He managed to be on par with Anakin the entire duel and finally outclassed him in the end.

I continously remember who walked away from the fight with their limbs and I know whom the better duelist is.

No, Anakin was the better duelist. There are SO many factors that come into play on the mustafar duel that its difficult to know where to begin.

One of the main points was Anakin's "hotheadedness" Anakin was just too pissed off, where as Obi-Wan, being the chillin Jedi that he is, was more level headed then Anakin. If you watch the fight Anakin is tooling Obi-wan more often the Obi-Wan is tooling Anakin.

There is also the fact that Obi knows EXACTLY how Anakin fights, he knows everything about Anakin, he did after all essentially raise him. And while Anakin would have known a great deal about Obi-Wan, Anakin didn't train Obi-Wan and teach him everything he knows.

Plus, Anakin's internal conflict would have been immense. After what happened with Padme, and now he's gotta fight the man who was pretty much his father and best friend.

Then, in the end, Anakin lost because of the SAME reason as ALL the Sith Lords in the movies lose, because of arrogance. Its a common theme in the SW movies for the Sith to lose because of their arrogance. Maul beat Obi but then proceeded to play around and mock him when he could have just killed him, and it cost him his life. Dooku wasn't expecting Anakin to be as good as he actually was, and got pwned. Sidious was the most arrogant of them all and thought he was infallible and that he knew everything, he got pwned because of it. Vader got chopped in to pieces because he thought he was top shit and could do anything and got owned.

If Anakin had fought Obi in the beginning of the movie, Anakin would have beaten him.

Faunus
Yeah, I could see Anakin possibly defeating Mace.

Um, what the hell is this? Mace's superiority should be painfully obvious, but a quick, movie point: Yoda didn't think that Obi-Wan could successfully challenge - let alone defeat - the newly elected and coronated Emperor. Mace utterly tooled said emperor. What do you draw from this? At the least, Mace would thrash Kenobi, and the result would be Mace WTFpwning Anakin, who by your own opinion is Obi-Wan's lesser.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Faunus
Um, what the hell is this? Mace's superiority should be painfully obvious, but a quick, movie point: Yoda didn't think that Obi-Wan could successfully challenge - let alone defeat - the newly elected and coronated Emperor. Mace utterly tooled said emperor. What do you draw from this? At the least, Mace would thrash Kenobi, and the result would be Mace WTFpwning Anakin, who by your own opinion is Obi-Wan's lesser.

A>B>C Arguments just don't cut it with me, dude.

"lolz! Dooku beat teh shit out of Kenobi, and Kenobi k1ll3d anakin so Dooku can kill anakin . . .LOL! BUT HE DIDNT! ANAKIN KILLED HIM!"

^ That's proof that ABC Arguments are completely invalid and I'm quite tired of hearing ABC Arguments now.

On the movie, I saw Anakin WTFpwn Mace. Yeah, it was by suprise, but pwned nonetheless.

Faunus
A>B>C Arguments just don't cut it with me, dude.

"lolz! Dooku beat teh shit out of Kenobi, and Kenobi k1ll3d anakin so Dooku can kill anakin . . .LOL! BUT HE DIDNT! ANAKIN KILLED HIM!"

Except that these situations are nothing alike, unless you consider Anakin to be superior to Palpatine. In which case you need to re-read every movie era piece of EU you've ever read.

That's one example of an ABC argument, and a crappy one.

You must be jesting, Sorgo. This is just. . . ugh. I suppose Obi-Wan sucks now, too, because he chopped off Anakin's limbs ''by surprise.'' Obviously, Exar Kun sucks because Odan-Urr knocked his sorry ass to the ground with a wave of his hand. And is Revan the ultimate sux00rz because he was blasted into oblivion by his apprentice?

In all honesty, that remark didn't even deserve a rebuttal. You're seriously off your rocker.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, that was dumb. But A>B>C arguments don't work. There are way too many factors. Styles and their compatibility being the most obvious of them. But there are SO many factors in the SW fights. They're not as cut and dry as you make them out to be, especially the Mustafar duel.

One of the ONLY black and white, cut and dry fights in the movies was the Duel of the fates. Everything else there was a huge amount of other "behind the scenes" things going on with all the fights.

And So, A>B>C arguments don't work.

Antediluvian
Except that these situations are nothing alike, unless you consider Anakin to be superior to Palpatine. In which case you need to re-read every movie era piece of EU you've ever read.

You think by ABC Arguments, so in your terms, Dooku was more powerful and skillful than Anakin yet he still won the fight. Just like Kenobi was the lesser skilled duelist than Anakin but still won.

Mace could be the better duelist, but that doesn't mean he'd defeat Anakin. Anakin's is younger, quicker and has a load of potential.

You used an ABC term AGAIN, dude.

So I guess Mace would hand Yoda's ass to him since Yoda was on par with Sidious and Mace defeated Sidious, yes?

No, all ABC Arguments are invalid bullshit.

Every person fights differently against the next person. Saying that because Johnny kicked Raymonds ass, and Raymond beat up Daniel doesn't mean that Daniel couldn't kick the shit out of Johnny.

ABC Arguments are completely illogical and aren't really signs of evidence when it comes to determining the winner of a duel.

Nah, I was just saying Anakin pwned Mace. I know it was by suprise and it didn't mean much, but I just popped it out for no sake, really.

darthsith19
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
What the hell? In my book, Mace got tooled by Depa in their duel, and when Depa realized what she had done, she tried to commit suicide but Nick shot her saber from her hand.
Did he? I thought Depa was beating Mace cause Mace wasn't trying and then she collapsed due to exhaustion because of the dark Side or something like that.

Yeah, I agree with Sorgo and ((The_Anomaly)). Except Anakin is better than Obi-Wan, Lucas says so somewhere (The Birth of the Lightsaber?). Vader only lost to Kenobi cause he was overconfident, blinded by rage, emotionally lost. Anakin was stronger than vader because he wasn't lost or blind (just a bit overconfident). he could beat Kenobi (in a long, hard duel).

Antediluvian
Did he? I thought Depa was beating Mace cause Mace wasn't trying and then she collapsed due to exhaustion because of the dark Side or something like that.

Yeah, I agree with Sorgo and ((The_Anomaly)). Except Anakin is better than Obi-Wan, Lucas says so somewhere (The Birth of the Lightsaber?). Vader only lost to Kenobi cause he was overconfident, blinded by rage, emotionally lost. Anakin was stronger than vader because he wasn't lost or blind (just a bit overconfident). he could beat Kenobi (in a long, hard duel).

No, I don't think Anakin could defeat Kenobi.

They fought a long hard duel and Kenobi came out the victor of the fight.

DarkNemesis

True, Depa was winning and Mace was holding back, but only for the first half of the fight. When Mace actually started trying, he was already fatigued to a point that Depa was more than a match for him. So yeah, Depa defeated a not-quite-100%-fully-blown Mace, but she still tooled him quite convincingly. When Mace fell on the floor, Depa tried to commit suicide and ya know...

Janus Marius
Still, Mace was all praise on Depa's abilities and capability in combat, and she did WTFpwn an entire gunship in less time then it takes for me to type this up. I know Anakin's potentially very good, but he's also all balls and glory and doesn't think for shit, and I still think Depa would defeat him.

DarkNemesis
I'm actually leaning towards Depa as well.

Janus Marius
I don't see Anakin's attitude and cockiness and his incomplete training in Form V beating out Depa with her methodical and intense mastery of Vaapad. Just knowing Juyo/Vaapad implies extensive knowledge of several forms, along with incredible force mastery, and to her credit, Depa only lost her mental hold over the form when she was on that planet. And Mace almost lost his shit there too.

DarkNemesis
Good points. IMO, Depa was only inches below Mace in terms of force mastery and mastery of Vaapad.

Faunus
I think Anakin could give her a decent fight, but I certainly don't see him winning.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I don't see Anakin's attitude and cockiness and his incomplete training in Form V beating out Depa with her methodical and intense mastery of Vaapad. Just knowing Juyo/Vaapad implies extensive knowledge of several forms, along with incredible force mastery, and to her credit, Depa only lost her mental hold over the form when she was on that planet. And Mace almost lost his shit there too.

"incomplete training in Form V" What? Anakin must have had some damn good lightsaber skill to not have been fully trained in Form V for Dooku to call him the best practitioner of the form he had ever seen... roll eyes (sarcastic) Imagine if he had been fully trained... stick out tongue

hord06
I don't think he actually mastered his form.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
"incomplete training in Form V" What? Anakin must have had some damn good lightsaber skill to not have been fully trained in Form V for Dooku to call him the best practitioner of the form he had ever seen... roll eyes (sarcastic) Imagine if he had been fully trained... stick out tongue

I agree. Dooku knows everything. If he says Anakin is the best practicioner of Form V then Anakin is the best practicioner of Form V. Dookus word is the law.

Revolver Ocelot

hord06
lol Dude are you being sarcasic or serious?

Antediluvian
Anakin would smash Depa into the ground.

Borbarad
Anakin would smash Depa into the ground.

No. Way. Dude.

Depa is on par with Mace in terms of lightsaber combat. Yoda in Shatterpoint suggests that only Mace might be able to take her down in a lightsaber fight which basically puts her on position number 3 in terms of duelling skill within the Jedi Order as it was right after AotC.

Force wise: Depa joined the council when she was under 30 years old and the only two other people who managed to do the same were Mace and Anakin himself which actually says a lot about her force powers / force knowledge.

Add the fact that mastery of Vaapad / form VII requires form V mastery: That means she knows Anakin's style inside out.

So she knows Anakin's form, is an outstanding duellist and force user on her own and compared to Anakin she had far more control about her force powers / emotions. I really don't see Anakin winning that fight.

Revolver Ocelot
I... don't see emotions making a difference in this fight. ROTS Anakin really only got emotional when fighting Obi-Wan. And that was because they were almost brothers + Padme "turning against him".

Faunus
Plus the fact that he was a hothead who thought he'd own every single Jedi or Sith ever. He thought he could take Palpatine at the time, and any sane person would be able to deduct that he couldn't.

Since you guys like your 'omg' statements, Depa rips Anakin to shreds, then smashes the remaining pieces into the ground.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Borbarad
No. Way. Dude.

Depa is on par with Mace in terms of lightsaber combat. Yoda in Shatterpoint suggests that only Mace might be able to take her down in a lightsaber fight which basically puts her on position number 3 in terms of duelling skill within the Jedi Order as it was right after AotC.

Force wise: Depa joined the council when she was under 30 years old and the only two other people who managed to do the same were Mace and Anakin himself which actually says a lot about her force powers / force knowledge.

Add the fact that mastery of Vaapad / form VII requires form V mastery: That means she knows Anakin's style inside out.

So she knows Anakin's form, is an outstanding duellist and force user on her own and compared to Anakin she had far more control about her force powers / emotions. I really don't see Anakin winning that fight.

You heavily underestimate Anakin and disgustingly overestimate Depa.

Depa was an extremely good Lightsaber duelists, no doubt about that but Anakin was the best user of Form V during his time. He managed to defeat Dooku and take on some Jedi in a Temple. (Although whom he killed and the amount is clouded.)

Revolver Ocelot
Plus the fact that he was a hothead who thought he'd own every single Jedi or Sith ever. He thought he could take Palpatine at the time, and any sane person would be able to deduct that he couldn't.

Uh, when did he say he could take every Jedi/Sith ever?

And he could have been planning a betrayal on Palpatine... or something.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot

And he could have been planning a betrayal on Palpatine... or something.

When did Faunus say that Anakin said he could take every Jedi/Sith?

Faunus
It was an obvious exaggeration on my part, but Anakin horribly overestimated his own capabilites.

Revolver Ocelot
hothead who thought he'd own every single Jedi or Sith ever.

In my post, "he" was refering to Anakin. I used "say" interchangeably with "thought". Mistake on my part but the point still stands.

Antediluvian
hothead who thought he'd own every single Jedi or Sith ever.

In my post, "he" was refering to Anakin. I used "say" interchangeably with "thought". Mistake on my part but the point still stands.

No, the point is proven fallible because the primary reason is invalid.

You're point has virtually fallen.

Tarvos

AotC:
Padme: "You're not all powerful."
Anakin: "Well I should be. Some day I will become the most powerful Jedi ever."

Revolver Ocelot
No, the point is proven fallible because the primary reason is invalid.

My *point* was that, as far as we know, as of ROTS Anakin never thought of himself to be the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever. Simple. Even if I used the wrong wording a few posts back, I corrected myself.

Anakin: "Well I should be. Some day I will become the most powerful Jedi ever."

Some day doesn't have to = ROTS.

Jonathan Mark
Dude... Anakin is an ******* pure and simple. I would have liked him had he acually stopped and thought about WTF he was doing.

Janus Marius
Depa rapes Anakin. Seriously.

Omorocco
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Hmm, I'm not sure who would win, actually...

You bring up MANY excellent points.
However Depa would still kick Anakin to the curb.
After Depa turned Dark on Haruun Kal, Mace admitted that she would have defeated him easily if she hadn't accidentally cut off the supply of nasty emotions she was leeching power off of, and like you said he would beat Anakin 7/10 times.
She had a lot of power before Haruun Kal, but then unleash the potential of a master of Vaapad to the dark side? Whack! that's one flat Anakin shaped pancake!

One must wonder though weather Dark-Side! Depa would try and defeat Dark-Side! Anakin, ultimately they both wanted to bring "Peace" to the galaxy, what's to stop them joining up...
Besides that whole lust for power/ kill any and all competition thing.
And she was conceivably still in a coma when Anakin turned.

Could Coma!Depa beat Charbroiled/Legless/Armless Mustafar! Anakin, do you think? wink

kiddo44
Anakin would completly overpower her. It would not be that difficult at all for him.

Mace Windu has said alot of things.

Faunus
That's stupid. Whoever wins, it's a tough fight.

Janus Marius
It's kiddo; his opinion is not worth considering. He debates as eloquently as Man o' Christ.

Blax_Hydralisk
*facepalms at the mention of Man of Christ*

kiddo44
That's stupid. Whoever wins, it's a tough fight.

What's stupid, is really smart people like Janus wink , basically thinking from one line of dialogue she could even compete with Anakin. Some people are just sad fanboys though.

darthsith19
Janus is a good debater, though. Hey Janus, do you still think Depa would rape Anakin?

Janus Marius
Yeah, but if he's lucky she'll cuddle him afterwards.

Man of Christ
anakin but close heres why: she uses her vaapad but anakin's djem so meets her blow for blow but, because she hasn't mastered the emotional side, she will get angry that he isn't going down despite her best efforts, and he himself is getting tired too but lo and behold her frustration will cause a dark side lapse which will make her start flailing like rots vader did against obi wan and anakin will capitalize on an error

Lightsnake
Depa hasn't mastered her emotional side, but Anakin Skywalker has?

Man of Christ
i know i know its a close call but when anakin gets angry he gets in the zone, but depa getting mad will taker her outta the zone then BAM! anakin beheads her

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Depa hasn't mastered her emotional side, but Anakin Skywalker has?

It's because she's a woman. Man o' Christ is not too progressive.

Man of Christ
It's because she's a woman. Man o' Christ is not too progressive.

i said nothing of gender. please stick to the points at hand ok J'M

GM Yoda
Interesting fight.

MythLord
Originally posted by GM Yoda
Interesting fight.

No it isn't. Anakin slaughters.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord

Darth Thor

GM Yoda
No it isn't. Anakin slaughters. smile

Trocity
Depa would probably destroy Anakin. I realize Anakin's the Chosen One, but that doesn't equate to whupass sabergod. Unless you think that Obi-Wan Kenobi can hold up to Depa... in which case I suggest you put down the crack.

UCanShootMyNova
Depa you fuggots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.