ryu frome street fighter vs raiden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

1021kid
who wins

bean_machine
I think I'll give this one to Raiden

samishe
Originally posted by 1021kid
who wins

Are you talking about IMMORTAL GOD OF THUNDER?

I guess this question speaks for itself.

MadMel
indeed

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by samishe
Are you talking about IMMORTAL GOD OF THUNDER?

I guess this question speaks for itself. Raiden can win, but a title is only that... a title.

SaTsuJiN
raiden.. mortal kombat characters outclass SF's

samishe
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
raiden.. mortal kombat characters outclass SF's

Not all of them, Johnny Cage would be pwned by anyone from SF.
But this is RAIDEN.

SaTsuJiN
they rip peoples heads off with one punch.. how are they not stronger?.. I've never seen street fighters ever come close to knocking someones head off... in fact.. ripping peoples heads off has become so mundane for them that they chose to dismember them in more stylish ways

samishe
they rip peoples heads off with one punch.. how are they not stronger?.. I've never seen street fighters ever come close to knocking someones head off... in fact.. ripping peoples heads off has become so mundane for them that they chose to dismember them in more stylish ways

Well, since SF characters are capable of destroying entire buildings with punches and fireballs i believe they're not weaker. confused

SaTsuJiN
why should buildings count?.. MK characters get punched through rooftops and knocked off of buildings

structures are always weaker than the characters themselves in any fighting game series.. not really a big feat for me

samishe
why should buildings count?.. MK characters get punched through rooftops and knocked off of buildings

structures are always weaker than the characters themselves in any fighting game series.. not really a big feat for me

So punching through rooftops is impressive feat?

How about destroing mountains? That's impressive.

blind faith
Id' say Ryu wins if he uses Dark Hadou, but normal Ryu could be beaten by Raiden.

SaTsuJiN
So punching through rooftops is impressive feat?

How about destroing mountains? That's impressive.

thats not what I said.. I said structural damage is not impressive because its typical... ryu doesnt destroy mountains... but even though akuma does.. he still cannot punch someones head off.. which shows that mortal kombat universe is over the top

Scorpion_Master
MK is way to good and Raiden Pwns Ryu

samishe
thats not what I said.. I said structural damage is not impressive because its typical... ryu doesnt destroy mountains... but even though akuma does.. he still cannot punch someones head off.. which shows that mortal kombat universe is over the top

If someone could destroy a building with punch he surely could ripp head off easilly. Ryu could do that but he's not like this.
BTW all that ripping heads, legs etc isn't really anything impressive.

SaTsuJiN
it is impressive when used against an equally powerful fighter.. their bodies are obviously very strong (near indestructable) if such things as buildings are never an issue.. so being able to tear it apart is quite a feat in my opinion.. ryu never did it because he cannot.. even in dark hadou form he punches people in the face and all they do is fly back.. no dismemberment at all.. the MK universe is just too brutal for SFs in my opinion

samishe
it is impressive when used against an equally powerful fighter.. their bodies are obviously very strong (near indestructable) if such things as buildings are never an issue.. so being able to tear it apart is quite a feat in my opinion.. ryu never did it because he cannot.. even in dark hadou form he punches people in the face and all they do is fly back.. no dismemberment at all.. the MK universe is just too brutal for SFs in my opinion

The thing is that Ryu never gets to situation when he has to kill his opponent. Whenevr MK character punches another MK character in the middle of the fight his head never seperates from his body. It happense only if opponent is already defeated and helpless. The difference is that when Ryu gets to situation when opponent is helpless he simply leaves him, while MK character would kill him.

SaTsuJiN
I think you're merely basing MK on the game itself.. where in ryu's case you're allowing Anime and other such mediums to come into play.. which is simply not balanced.. if MK wasnt in game form I'm certain they'd be brutalizing their opponent before the match is even over... the whole "after you beat them >> finish him!" is just the gameplay

we can easily say destroying mountains didnt occur because it hasnt happened in any of the SF games... plus.. akuma does misogi (the mountain crushing chop) in street fighter 3 and it never kills anyone..

shin_remy

samishe
I think you're merely basing MK on the game itself.. where in ryu's case you're allowing Anime and other such mediums to come into play.. which is simply not balanced.. if MK wasnt in game form I'm certain they'd be brutalizing their opponent before the match is even over... the whole "after you beat them >> finish him!" is just the gameplay

we can easily say destroying mountains didnt occur because it hasnt happened in any of the SF games... plus.. akuma does misogi (the mountain crushing chop) in street fighter 3 and it never kills anyone..

If you want to base everything on the games then SF characters never does killings because it's a different type of the game.

If not by the games, they'd never be brutalizing their opponent before the match is over simply because they couldn't. if they could it would mean that opponent is much weaker. Imagine, shand Tsung fighting Liu Kang. In first second of the fight he ripps his head off. Such thing would never happen simply because he couldn't do anything like that before his opponent is helpless. If Akuma had helpless Kang in front of him he certanly could kill him the same way Johny Cage could

samishe

shin_remy
well also i do come up with the anime, not only the game at self.. that is in every topic that it happen.

and misogi, what is the fun about a atack that can kill somebody in one time.

thats why they have editted Shun Goku Satsu,

First you were dead or almost dead, now a half lifebar is gone..

in storywise you 100% DEAD

SaTsuJiN
they'd never be brutalizing their opponent before the match is over simply because they couldn't. if they could it would mean that opponent is much weaker.

you mean like how remy mentioned bison crushing charlies head? smile

stunning is also a chance to kill.. it doesnt necessarily have to be an entire pushover for a fight... like how in the MK movie (the first one) , sonya stunned Kano then did the leg grab into a neck breaker.. he was fully aware and able to fight back.. but her grip was too tight.. then *crack*.. dead..

having another Ryu vs discussion is stupid to begin with... stupid is as stupid does says Forest Gump.. laughing out loud
(notice how my argument is 'stupid' but the MK character wins happy )

samishe
you mean like how remy mentioned bison crushing charlies head? smile

stunning is also a chance to kill.. it doesnt necessarily have to be an entire pushover for a fight... like how in the MK movie (the first one) , sonya stunned Kano then did the leg grab into a neck breaker.. he was fully aware and able to fight back.. but her grip was too tight.. then *crack*.. dead..

having another Ryu vs discussion is stupid to begin with... stupid is as stupid does says Forest Gump.. laughing out loud

My favourite episode big grin

jinzin
ummm how this is even a question in people's minds I simply do not know...

When raiden fought shinnok back in the days of the dinos their fight almost destroyed the entire earth.

in mK one it's stated that were raiden to win and fight his other fellow gods they WOULD destroy the world.

in mk III raiden becomes mortal and STILL fights shao kahn with enough power to cause the entire planet to quake as a result....

when has ryu EVER had ANY impressive showings like that?

hell in MK deception raiden is weakening in outworld geometrically and has just been severely damaged by his assailants.. then STILL causes a MASSIVE explosion far superior to ANYTHING ryu has displayed in ANY media....

"raiyden wins maybe"

what is there to "maybe" about here? What the f**k?

raiden wins nuff said.

Tha C-Master
Are we even ON topic anymore... this fight isn't even balanced...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.