Pet Shop Of Horrors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I Love Snape
Has anyone read Petshop of Horrors?

If so what are your fav characters?

and

What are your Fav couples?

elemental_user
i've never heard of it. what is it???

Clone
Well, I have seen the anime! Its one of my favorites! HELLSING being my top favorite!!! smile

Gregory
Petshop of Horrors is excellent; it's a pitty only four of the stories were animated.

elemental user: Petshop of Horrors is about a man/mysterious being named D who runs a pet shop out of China Town. He'd sell unique animals/creatures to people, offeriing to fulfil their dreams but often destroying them instead. A "rabbit" that looks exactly like a bereaved couples dead child, a mermaid in the form of a client's fiancee, who killed herself when she found him with another woman ... (both those stories are in the anime).

The two other main characters are Leon Orcott, a police officer who correctly suspects D of being involved with a series of strange deaths (a burnt out actor is found dead in his appartment, along with a strange lizard... a gangster is found dead, apparently torn apart by wild animals in the middle of the city...), but who eventually grows quite close to D, and Orcott's little brother (not appearing in the anime), a mute boy who can communicate with D's animals.

A warning, though: the author of the manga is apparently an environmentalist, and even I, who agree with him, think he gets pretty heavy-handed sometimes. Still very good.

sailormoon
Oh yes! A thread for Petshop of Horrors! I love this series! I've read most of the manga I guess...How many are there?

Gregory
Ten volumes.

sailormoon
Awww... sad Too short...

Darth Macabre
Greatest quote...."Actually, I meant that you should crush the bones and eat them. A short temper is a sign of calcium deficiency."

sailormoon
Is that in the manga or anime? I want to see the anime really badly!

XxILuvVegetaxX
the anime is 4 episodes i thnk? yup but good times, i like the manga better cuz its longer though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.