magneto (full power) vs thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
ok ok thor can't use the odin force and cannot use a god blast owt over powering ok so who wins

battle in NYC
no prep

magneto vs thor

magneto can magnetise thors hammer i remmber seeing it in a earlier comics were magneto mistuck thor as a mutant and well u know wat would of happened.

if u could could u get an image i cant find it

Thunderstrike
Magneto gets thrashed. This isn't even a contest for Thor.

Thunderstrike
By the way, if you found a comic where Thor got his hammer magnetized, you're either smoking a lot of pot, or lying. Uru can't be magnetized. In fact, Thor had Magneto begging for his life after he absorbed Magneto's shield into Mjolnir.

ALEMASTER
BUT IN THE MARVEL FIGURINE COLLECTION AT THE BACK IT HAS A COMIC WHICH IS WORTH QUIT A BIT AND ON THE COVER IT SHOES THOR AND MAGNETO IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWD AND MAGNETO THINKS THOR IS A MUTANT BUT IS WRONG AND MAGNETO HAS MJIONOR BE LIFTED FROM HIS HANDS BY MAGNETO

Thunderstrike
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9288/thormagneto1yu.jpg

Pretty sure you're on crack.

Thunderstrike
Heck, Magneto has NOTHING on Thor.

Drains all of Kang's energy, returns it ten-fold.
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aemh04162pg.jpg

Also, Thor is MUCH faster than Magneto.
http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightspeed0050lh.jpg
Read the Captions

He redirects power and resurrects a dead sun here.
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultimate0060az.jpg

He can also swing his hammer at the speed of light.
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thehammerspeed0029uc.jpg

Magneto is dead 20 times over.

In fact, Thor wins 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 times.

AJ4LIFE
OWNED

ALEMASTER
OK I ONLY SAW THE COVER OK

AJ4LIFE
ok ok u done the infiniti crisis and lord gave me them aswell so thanks, dont worry covers nver tell the truth

Syndicate_Lord
Covers usually are just advertising and nothing like what happens inside!

GalacticStorm
ThunderStrike youre basing your opinion of the outcome on a fight Thor had with Classic Mags back in the 60's. This thread is referring to full power Mags, the most recent incarnation, the one who can create wormholes on a whim. With all that in mind its not really a valid reference for how this match up would turn out. Magneto in the incarnation youre referring to was an old man in his 60's, since then he was de-aged by Mutant Alpha before being aged to his early 30's. From that point onwards Magneto was given a considerable power boost on multiple occassions (most recent times being in the Fatal Attractions Arc and in Excalibur v2 just last year) and we have seen him pull off feats such as taking on entire teams of both the X-men and The Avengers, warping the planets magnetic fields and as aforementioned creating wormholes. Magneto has even shown just a few years back that hes capable of incinerating a supposedly invulnerable powerhouse (considerably more so than Rogue as demonstrated) on a whim(Uncanny X-men, Neo confrontation). He'd certainly be able to cause some major damage to Thor and with sufficient exertion kill him more than likely. This battle is far from as one sided as youre making out.

Thunderstrike
Actually, it's not. Alemaster even said himself that it's Magneto with his powers before house of M, or he wouldn't have shyed away from what I said. Also, Magneto is still far under the powers of Thor. You're neglecting the fact that Thor can redirect energy that is far beyond what Magneto has ever done, so this still isn't a fight for Thor. Magneto may be the most powerful mutant on Marvel Earth, but he's still nowhere near Thor.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Actually, it's not. Alemaster even said himself that it's Magneto with his powers before house of M, or he wouldn't have shyed away from what I said.

What do you mean its not? What are you referring to? Also if Alemaster said that then thats cool, because thats exactly the Magneto im referring to and as such your scan isnt really relevant as aforementioned.

Also, Magneto is still far under the powers of Thor. You're neglecting the fact that Thor can redirect energy that is far beyond what Magneto has ever done, so this still isn't a fight for Thor. Magneto may be the most powerful mutant on Marvel Earth, but he's still nowhere near Thor.

Thor may be able to redirect energies, but he requires his hammer to do so. Magneto has shown on panel that he can take control of his hammer magnetically, so whats to stop him from sending it through a wormhole? confused

With that done Thor is left grounded and is left with just his super strength and basic physical prowess to see him through. In such a circumstance im placing my bets on Magneto. wink

Thunderstrike
What? Uru can't be magnetized. Also, Thor can call his hammer back to him, so what's Magneto gonna do then?

Also, Thor can still command the skies. He doesn't need his hammer. Read Blood Oath and you would know that. wink

GalacticStorm
What? Uru can't be magnetized. Also, Thor can call his hammer back to him, so what's Magneto gonna do then?

If its happened on panel then you cant argue with it. Mags can send the hammer through a wormhole.

Also, Thor can still command the skies. He doesn't need his hammer. Read Blood Oath and you would know that. wink

And yet Thor needs the hammer to focus the energies of the storm. Im well aware of his ability to control the weather without the hammer, i was just hoping that you didnt know. wink

Regardless he would be nothing more than a super strong, virtually invulnerable Storm. Magneto can absorb and channel any lightning Thor could use against him, he could even use it to empower himself. All Thor would have left is wind and im sure Mags would be able to handle that. Whats to stop Magneto from closing a wormhole on Thors head? eek!

Thunderstrike
Okay, first of all, whoever wrote Magneto taking Mjolnir away was full of crap. Even if he did manage to, the Hammer could still be summoned back, so that strategy is gone.

Second of all, Thor's powers are not of this world. They're magical. Magneto cannot control Magic. Also, Thor doesn't need the hammer to control the storm.
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hercthor31ss.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hercthor48ym.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hercthor58ej.gif
"The weather be to me as your arms are to you." Also, you're forgetting the fact you're not allowed to bring plot induced stupidity into these threads, so Magneto taking Thor's hammer is out of the picture and irrelivant.wink

Thunderstrike
Also, how is Magneto even going to hit him when Thor is faster than any human being.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3656/thorspeed014aw.jpg

GalacticStorm
Okay, first of all, whoever wrote Magneto taking Mjolnir away was full of crap. Even if he did manage to, the Hammer could still be summoned back, so that strategy is gone.

Second of all, Thor's powers are not of this world. They're magical. Magneto cannot control Magic. Also, Thor doesn't need the hammer to control the storm.
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hercthor31ss.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hercthor48ym.gif
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hercthor58ej.gif
"The weather be to me as your arms are to you." Also, you're forgetting the fact you're not allowed to bring plot induced stupidity into these threads, so Magneto taking Thor's hammer is out of the picture and irrelivant.wink

Why is Magneto taking control of Thors hammer PIS? Please explain yourself. Id just like to clarify what you THINK renders something in said category. wink

Thor may eventually be able to get Mjolnir back but theres nothing stopping Magneto sending it through a wormhole again. He only needs seconds to manipulate the iron in Thors brain. Also as shown on panel Magneto can incinerate a person with invulnerability beyond Rogues with a mere gesture. If he exerted himself he could severely injure if not kill Thor during the course of the battle.

Thors ability to control the weather might be via magic however the weather effects he summons are not magical energy. See the difference? Good try. big grin

Thunderstrike
Because Uru is not able to be magnetized.

Mjolnir can teleport through dimensions, so it would just appear again in his hand.

You have no proof that what he can do isn't magical.

Read this thread. Thor is too fast, too powerful, and too versatile. You haven't made a valid point yet.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4

GalacticStorm
Also, how is Magneto even going to hit him when Thor is faster than any human being.
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3656/thorspeed014aw.jpg

If Thor is grounded (as he would be without his hammer) then i really dont see the problem. confused

On top of that Magneto is a trained fighter and has consistently been able to tag his son and other beings endowed with superspeed such as Northstar, beings who move far faster than Thor tends to within an atmosphere. big grin

Thunderstrike

Thunderstrike

AJ4LIFE
wow fanboy in the making, jla should get thier hands on u as soon as possible

lol

Soleran
my question is if we are going to use a Full Powered Magento why aren't we using the most Recent Incarnation of Thor.............

Even Still Thor can open up and teleport people into different dimensions with his hammer..........

Thunderstrike

Thunderstrike

GalacticStorm
Because Uru is not able to be magnetized.

That may have been stated once but if Magneto has been shown on panel to be able to do so then you really cant argue against it im afraid.

Mjolnir can teleport through dimensions, so it would just appear again in his hand.

Yes. But not instantly, giving Magneto the seconds he needs to pull off the iron in the brain trick or to bombard him with energy. If the hammer comes back he can repeat the trick. Or he could be really ruthless and just open and close a portal on Thor from the neck up. No defence against that. Game over. eek!

You have no proof that what he can do isn't magical.

It has never been stated that the storms Thor are composed of magical energy. That is an assumption by yourself and therefore it has no relevance here. What has been stated is that Thor can magically command weather. Thats totally different. He uses magic to manipulate the weather, his weather attacks arent magical energy.

Read this thread. Thor is too fast, too powerful, and too versatile. You haven't made a valid point yet.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4

Nope. You have yet to present a decent argument. Your perspective is based on an outdated Magneto incarnation and all you've said is Thors too strong, hes better than Magneto and he's a god. confused

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Soleran
my question is if we are going to use a Full Powered Magento why aren't we using the most Recent Incarnation of Thor.............

Even Still Thor can open up and teleport people into different dimensions with his hammer..........

Because then the outcome against Magneto wouldnt be debatable. Thor would be high end skyfatgher level so such a match up would be pointless.

Soleran
that was kind of the point there GSsmile

None the less he can still send Magneto into another dimension with his hammer.

Thunderstrike
Okay, all your posts have been thinking that Magneto is going to be able to get Thor's hammer away from him, when 1) You didn't read the ability list I just gave and 2) Someone who pulled the Midgard Serpent off of the planet.

Also, you keep forgetting that you cannot present accounts of Plot Induced Stupidity into these threads, yet you insist by saying that Magneto can use magnetism to take a hammer that cannot be magnetized. I'm sorry, but you still don't have an argument. Also, Thor can transcend light speed with his movements, so Magneto isn't going to have the time to hit Thor. Sorry kid, but you don't have an argument.

GalacticStorm
If u think im reading all of that then youre crazy. We're both adults here i presume so maybe you can compliment that point by debating in a befitting manner. Take the main points you want to argue and then present them, you cant seriously expect me or anyone to read all of that. A lil common sense please. Thats like DarkCrawler copying and pasting his Namor respect thread in a Namor argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

As it stands Thors hammer can and has been magnetised by Mags in the past, if you dont like it then tough. Thor and his hammer have been stated to be both indestructible and Thor immortal yet both points have been proven wrong on panel. By your logic all instances where those things happened were PIS. Sorry TS, doesnt work like that. wink

Magneto can give himself time by teleporting the hammer away before assaulting Thor. Thor would be an easy target as he would be left grounded and his power set when hammerless would be nothing that Mags couldnt handle.

There is absolutely no reason why Mags couldnt do away the hammer temporarily before killing Thor via a wormhole. Thor would have no defence against that whatsoever.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Soleran
that was kind of the point there GSsmile

None the less he can still send Magneto into another dimension with his hammer.

And Magneto can temporarily banish the hammer and has the abilities to kill Thor. Im far from saying that he would take the majority im just disputing TS's superficial analysis of the battle. wink

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If u think im reading all of that then youre crazy. We're both adults here i presume so maybe you can compliment that point by debating in a befitting manner. Take the main points you want to argue and then present them, you cant seriously expect me or anyone to read all of that. A lil common sense please. Thats like DarkCrawler copying and pasting his Namor respect thread in a Namor argument.
You know, I would give you the common courtesy of reading things like that if you posted it. I guess it's a British thing to be a complete ass sometimes, but I guess you can't help it.

Originally posted by GalacticStorm As it stands Thors hammer can and has been magnetised by Mags in the past, if you dont like it then tough. Thor and his hammer have been stated to be both indestructible and Thor immortal yet both points have been proven wrong on panel. By your logic all instances where those things happened were PIS. Sorry TS, doesnt work like that.

As it stands, Magneto magnetizing a metal that cannot be magnetized is PIS, and cannot be brought up in arguments like this, unless you haven't read the rules of the board. Let me post it for you.
No Mentioning Events of PIS

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

If you want to argue that with Tron, then go ahead, but it's PIS. Even then, Thor himself can also control Magnetic fields, so he could resist Magneto easily. Also, if Magneto were somehow able to magnetize the hammer, Thor could still abosrb the energies into the hammer. Also, Magneto, master of Magnetism that he is, cannot get something away from a God that pulled the Midgard serpent off of the planet. It's not going to happen.

Magneto can give himself time by teleporting the hammer away before assaulting Thor. Thor would be an easy target as he would be left grounded and his power set when hammerless would be nothing that Mags couldnt handle.

Even if Magneto was able to do what you say he can, there's one problem. Thor's hammer can teleport through time, space, and dimension. The Hammer would just come right back, and Magneto is toast. Also, there is no proof that he could use anything in Thor's biology against him, considering Thor is not human. He is an Asgardian.

There is absolutely no reason why Mags couldnt do away the hammer temporarily before killing Thor via a wormhole. Thor would have no defence against that whatsoever.

Since Magneto wouldn't be able to get the hammer away from Thor anyay, there's no point in mentioning Black Holes either. Thor could just as easily teleport away from it. Either way, Thor is still too fast, too strong, and too powerful for Magneto to deal with.

Thunderstrike
And Magneto can temporarily banish the hammer and has the abilities to kill Thor. Im far from saying that he would take the majority im just disputing TS's superficial analysis of the battle. wink

It's not a superficial analysis if you know the full range of Thor's abilities and strengths. Thor is so far beyond the powers of many mutants, not just Magneto. This is a guy who has defeated Ego the Living Planet by himself.

Either way, you've already said it yourself that Thor is gonna win this more times than not, GS, so I'm just gonna let this one be. The evidence is right there, so acknowledging it is completely up to you.

olympian
I will only say one thing.

Mags has got owned by Thor.

But you cant just "forget" the times Mags did the same. For instance Mags doesnt even need to try a hammer trick. He can do the same with your blood. Has happened to Immortal Herc before. He has swated away Avengers teams before in the same manner or alike, Thor included.

Second, either Thor pulls the same trick or he isent going to destroy Magneto`s shields with force alone, hammer or not. He already tried and got nada.

This is more even than meets the eye, altho i give the edge to Thor. Hes way more versatible.

GalacticStorm
You know, I would give you the common courtesy of reading things like that if you posted it. I guess it's a British thing to be a complete ass sometimes, but I guess you can't help it.

Dont talk to me about courtesy when instead of putting the effort into presenting a concise, coherent argument to effectively illustrate your point, you've merely copied and pasted half an essay from a Thor respect thread.

As it stands, Magneto magnetizing a metal that cannot be magnetized is PIS, and cannot be brought up in arguments like this, unless you haven't read the rules of the board. Let me post it for you.
No Mentioning Events of PIS

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

If you want to argue that with Tron, then go ahead, but it's PIS. Even then, Thor himself can also control Magnetic fields, so he could resist Magneto easily. Also, if Magneto were somehow able to magnetize the hammer, Thor could still abosrb the energies into the hammer. Also, Magneto, master of Magnetism that he is, cannot get something away from a God that pulled the Midgard serpent off of the planet. It's not going to happen.

Im fully aware of what PIS is, you however appear to be somewhat baffled by what exactly it entails. Please explain to me how Magneto wrapping Thors hammer in a magnetic field on panel is PIS? confused

Thors hammer was also said to be indestructible, adamantium unbreakable however i guess when on panel scenes which contradicted those points they were all PIS as well? no

Please check up on these terms and what falls under them before throwing them around.

Unless you have scenes since Mags did that depicting the hammer being unable to be magnetized then its a case of revision of the facts. Please accept that. yes

Even if Magneto was able to do what you say he can, there's one problem. Thor's hammer can teleport through time, space, and dimension. The Hammer would just come right back, and Magneto is toast. Also, there is no proof that he could use anything in Thor's biology against him, considering Thor is not human. He is an Asgardian.

The hammer as aforementioned would not come back instantly, ive already dealt with the point of Thors returning hammer so i will not repeat myself. Please refer back and stop restating points of your argument that have already been addressed.

Manipulating the iron in Thors blood is not the only option open to Magneto. Ive already been through a few. Point void.

Since Magneto wouldn't be able to get the hammer away from Thor anyay, there's no point in mentioning Black Holes either. Thor could just as easily teleport away from it. Either way, Thor is still too fast, too strong, and too powerful for Magneto to deal with.

Why wouldnt Mags be able to get the hammer away from him? Whats to stop him from opening and closing a wormhole on Thors arm with a thought to achieve said feat or to use said ability to decapitate the self proclaimed god? big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by olympian

But you cant just "forget" the times Mags did the same. For instance Mags doesnt even need to try a hammer trick. He can do the same with your blood. Has happened to Immortal Herc before. He did the same to Avengers teams before, Thor included.

Second, either Thor pulls the same trick or he isent going to destroy Magneto`s shields with force alone, hammer or not. He already tried and got nada.

This is more even than meets the eye, altho i give the edge to Thor. Hes way more versatible.

Precisely my point. Thanks for the input Olympian.

Im far from claiming that Mags would take the majority, im just totally against the way TS was superficially analysing the argument and using outdated and therefore irrelevant scans as a way of proving his point to readers, thats all. wink

newjak86
If u think im reading all of that then youre crazy. We're both adults here i presume so maybe you can compliment that point by debating in a befitting manner. Take the main points you want to argue and then present them, you cant seriously expect me or anyone to read all of that. A lil common sense please. Thats like DarkCrawler copying and pasting his Namor respect thread in a Namor argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

As it stands Thors hammer can and has been magnetised by Mags in the past, if you dont like it then tough. Thor and his hammer have been stated to be both indestructible and Thor immortal yet both points have been proven wrong on panel. By your logic all instances where those things happened were PIS. Sorry TS, doesnt work like that. wink

There is absolutely no reason why Mags couldnt do away the hammer temporarily before killing Thor via a wormhole. Thor would have no defence against that whatsoever. There was a time when most of your posts werre that long GS big grin

Mider
isnt it true that mags shield can stand up to thors hammer, while he's trying to hit mags, mags can be doing stuff to him like that brain thing that GS was talking about or maybe worse, he can also amp himself up to being class 100 also when thor tried to hit thanos with the hammer in the IG saga he just opened a portal in front of it making it vanish it eventually came back but not imediatly

leonidas
Originally posted by olympian

But you cant just "forget" the times Mags did the same. For instance Mags doesnt even need to try a hammer trick. He can do the same with your blood. Has happened to Immortal Herc before. He has swated away Avengers teams before in the same manner or alike, Thor included.

wink

Mider
to bad he never uses those powers hardly but just attacks as if he is a dumb ape.

leonidas
that doesn't have to be the case in this forum, and thor uses his powers PLENTY throughout his series.

it's closer than some suggest, but thor takes the majority, no doubt.

manorastroman
i'd give it up to four out of ten for magneto. he has taken on entire teams before...

Thunderstrike
Since GS made a good argument, I'll put it this way.

Thor 7 or 8/10. Mags may be able to pull off a couple.

leonheartmm
if its FULL powered magneto. an omega, than thor and all the skyfathers are as good as dead. if its CURRENT magneto on the other hand than id say 50/50{with a SLIGHT advantage to thor if he goes insane}

Xplosive
I would actully give this to Magneto.

Thunderstrike
X-Men fanboys are funny.

Mider
who is this full powered magneto they speak of?

Mider
and you still have to realize thunderstrike being a physical being thor's body can be exploited even the phoenix avatar is not immune to this as proven when xorn killed one, and he can exploit that hammer by sucking it into a worm hole, or he can suck thor into a worm hole for all you know that lands him directly into a nova or a star, i mean you forget all these things.

Wynndar
Not really...just like when Champion teleported Mjolnir away, it just opened another portal and came back. Thor's more capable with teleportation than Magneto. Thor's a "god" though and doesnt have the metabolism and vulnerabilities of Mags. Mag's power is "more fundamental" but Thor's power comes from Odin, a much bigger power source than mag's mutant metabolism.

Mider
so what herc is also a god he still got effected by mags powers.

Thunderstrike
No. Hercules is a half-god.

guy222
thor

Mr Marvel
Magneto could take him 7/10, due to the Hammer being affected by Magneto. I saw a comic (can't remember the #) where magneto took on the entire Avengers together.

Unlike Thor Magneto has actually MASTERED his powers, note the title. I am not saying Thor can't beat Magneto, however Mags has the natural advantage.

I've never seen anything get through his shields b4, NO HAMMER NO CHANCE.

If Thor

Mr Marvel
Magneto could take him 7/10, due to the Hammer being affected by Magneto's powers. I saw a comic (can't remember the #) where magneto took on the entire Avengers together, and kept the hammer from him.

Unlike Thor Magneto has actually MASTERED his powers, note the title. I am not saying Thor can't beat Magneto, however Mags has the natural advantage.

I've never seen anything get through his shields b4, NO HAMMER NO CHANCE.

If Thor Masters his abilities then he gets it 7/10.

jmc247
Magneto from the 70s onword has been able to solo entire Avengers or X-Men teams, including those with big names like Thor, Storm, and the Phoenix on them.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/Magneto87.jpg

Bouboumaster
I like a lot Magneto... But in this contest... He's ****ed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.