What about a Sith Lords game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
This is all very cosy, talking about a KOTOR 3, and I seriously hope there is one, but what about taking the franchise in another direction, too?

All the films and games and that are about the light side's struggle against the dark, but what about the dark side's struggle against the light? It's clear the Jedi were always complete hypocrites, that they only went to war when it suited them, that they treated the Force as a burden rather than a gift, etc. So how's about going the other way?

hord06
edit.

Lord Coal
Edit what, exactly?

Janus Marius
Good question. In any case, the Sith, while having appeal, are the enemies and usurpers of balance in Lucas' fantasy realm. It's doubtful that there will ever be a game that is entirely pro-Sith.

Revolver Ocelot
There is a Darth Vader game coming out. No doubt it'll involve fighting Light-sided Jedi.

Ushgarak
That's 'clear' in the sense of 'that's how you want it to be'.

Not 'clear' in the sense of 'remotely true in any way'.

Tarvos
I recall most SW games allowing you to "Choose your path.", so there are many of the games you've described. If you want a game where you're an actual Sith and not a Jedi at all, then that would be rather cool, I suppose.

Tangible God
I recall that in Battlefront II, KOTOR, Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire at War, Galaxies, JK, and ROTS, you could, in some way or another, kill someone of the Light Side.

Tarvos
There you go.

Ushgarak
But thast's always in the wider backdrop of a story about good fighting against tyrannical evil. The thread poster wants the reverse.

But his basic premise about the Jedi is still incorrect.

Traya
Just as long as Bioware don't make it.

Sesse
Wtf?
Bioware did a great job unlike the Obsidian amateurs.

Traya
Bioware completely obliterated the entire feel of the era that KotOR was set in by making it look like the PT. They wrecked the "Darth" continuity and they also had red lightsabres, which makes no sense.

Whereas Obsidian had to work with that mess, were rushed by Lucasarts and still made a cracking game. Huzzah to them!

Sesse
Perhaps.

At least they were able to make a solid story in the first installment.
Kotor 2 ended 1 plot for every new 10 it started.

What about that little droid and GOTO? What about the ebonhawk?

Ever wondered why there is "Kotor 2 restoration project" going on?

Traya
Erm, because Lucasarts rushed the Obsidian development team?

Sesse
Nicely done George.

I do hope the 3rd Kotor will be a bit more.... solid.

Traya
Yeah, they rushed it so they could get a Christmas release. Which is why about twenty gameplay hours are missing, plus hoods for robes and romance options.

Captain REX
Wheee romance options. I'd totally do HK...

Tarvos
Obsidian? Isn't that the name of an Order of Krath?

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Captain REX
Wheee romance options. I'd totally do HK...

Rex revealed...

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5065/lunaran6xp.jpg

DiamondBullets
That's not a bad idea. I would love a game entitled "Star Wars: Darth Maul" in which you play as Maul, and kill the Vigo's of the Black Sun and hunt down the Nemodian traitor.

Lord Coal
Obviously there's been plenty of games where you can play as a dark side character and kill the jedi, but all these games have been biased towards the jedi, and playing as a Sith hasn't given the satisfaction I'd hoped for, cos as soon as you start to really get powerful, it's the end of the game. It is with Kotor, anyway. I wanna be able to take over the galaxy. A GTA/ KOTOR/ GALAXIES/ TOTAL WAR hybrid, so to speak.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Ushgarak
But his basic premise about the Jedi is still incorrect.

I believe he is referring to the KOTOR era Jedi which if anything seem to appear as hypocrites.

Lord Coal
Indeed, J.M., I was referring to those of the KOTOR era, those jedi who failed to learn from their mistakes with Exile, who took a 50/50 on saving or destroying the republic they had vowed to protect with Revan, who brought about the destruction of the whole Miraluka race, who almost allowed the republic to fall with their inaction during the Mandalorian war, and who contradict themselves at every turn.

Look at Vrook in KOTOR 2, the guy actually wants a fight, even when you play as LS, he's raring to go. The Jedi are meant to be about peace.

Traya
I didn't mind Kavar. He was a fairly jovial chap. I like Zez Kai-Ell because he realised the error of his ways. Although they had a turnabout in their opinions on Dantooine.

But Vrook and Atris? I savoured killing them...

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Traya
I didn't mind Kavar. He was a fairly jovial chap. I like Zez Kai-Ell because he realised the error of his ways. Although they had a turnabout in their opinions on Dantooine.

But Vrook and Atris? I savoured killing them...

Atris was just confused.

Vrook was a ****ing *******.

Hokage Yoda
I also did not mind Master Vandar in the first one Vrook was just a penis.

Lord Coal
Amen to that.

Whenever Vrook turned up, the only thought in my mind was, "Somebody needs a hug."

Atris was a bit of a sour old *****, but as for Vrook, it's worth buying the game just to kill that bastard.

What was up with Nihilus, though? Lamest. Sith. Ever.

Traya
Meh, Nihilus and Traya were neither Sith.

Jonathan Mark
How was Nihilus not a Sith? Traya I can understand, but Nihilus was without a doubt a Sith.

Revolver Ocelot
They all were Sith. Kreia just had different ideals and intentions. She was still "Darth Traya", a Sith Lord...

Lord Coal
Uh huh....Nihilus was without doubt sith......Just not a very good one.

Kreia was Sith too, unless I'm mis-understanding the differences between the two factions immensely.

Atris was Jedi with a bad heart, easy to make her fall. As for vrook, he was definitely a jedi, but a strange one too. And a complete arse.

zephiel7

Eh? As in not of the Sith race, of course. Traya was still the "Dark Lady of the Sith." Sion and Nihilus were still her bitches. (Well up until the point they double teamed her)

Lord Coal
Amen to that. Though seeing as they're Sith "Bitches", they didn't do a great job.

And why did Sion follow her, even after he betrayed her? Why did she let him follow her again after that? There was definitely something missing from that storyline.

Crease
"It's clear the Jedi were always complete hypocrites, that they only went to war when it suited them, that they treated the Force as a burden rather than a gift, etc. So how's about going the other way?"

So true. The Jedi took children as infants and toddlers to train as Jedi. They claim it was because any children older than that somehow couldn't be properly trained for some reason. I wouldn't be suprised if they used Jedi mind tricks...(Waves hand) "You will allow me to take your child"...

The Sith asked adults, who were able to make decisions for themselves to pledge loyalty to the Sith. And the Jedi forbid romantic love. I wouldn't be suprised if there were charges against them similar to what catholic priests are enduring. And now that I think about it, had simpletons not started a rebellion, there would've been a golden-age of peace throughout the galaxy.

"That's 'clear' in the sense of 'that's how you want it to be.Not 'clear' in the sense of 'remotely true in any way.'

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. But so does the thread starter.

DarthMaul9123
yeah whats with the lack of the good star wars games lately they kinda died after battlefront II, hell they died before that. Well they definently need a game where you can play and sids or maul or vader or all of the above (dont you dare coment on my grammar!)
oh and one last thing, is revan in the first kotor the same dude from the second one and if he is then this is confusing cause if he was a good guy you wouldnt need to hunt him down, plus if you are him then youre just hunting yourself down

Julie
it'd be interesting to know more about Revan and what happened to him.

Lord Coal
Thanks for the support Crease. You make some good points, too. I hadn't really thought much on the whole Jedi taking children away thing, but now you mention it, that is pretty bad, plus those kids think they're gonna be heroes by becoming Jedi, when in fact they're just exploited, but never appreciated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.