NBA: 2006 Awards Prediction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braveniler58
Make your predictions on who wins MVP, Most Improved, etc.

Most Valuable Player: Steve Nash

Most Improved: Boris Diaw

Sixth Man: Mike Miller

Defensive Player of the Year: Bruce Bowen

Coach of the Year: Flip Saunders

Rookie of the Year: Chris Paul

All-NBA First Team:
G Steve Nash
G Kobe Bryant
F Tim Duncan
F Kevin Garnett
C Shaquille O'Neal

All-NBA Second Team:
G Chauncy Billups
G Tony Parker
F Shawn Marion
F Rasheed Wallace
C Yao Ming (even with all the injuries)

All-NBA First Defensive Team:
G Bruce Bowen
G Raja Bell
F Shawn Marion
F Andrei Kirilenko
C Ben Wallace

Myth
Your award predictions look good, although I hope Nash doesn't get it.

Although I disagree with your All-NBA teams:
Duncan has not been Duncan this year, LeBron will take All-NBA in his place. Garnett will be questionable as well because of his teams record. I personally would give it to Brand or Marion over him (this year). With all those Fs, I also don't see Rasheed as 2nd team. Your defensive team looks good, but I would substitute Artest for Bell, despite him only playing about 1/2 a season. Finally, Wade should be on 2nd team over Parker.

Keep in mind, these are just IMO.

koolruningz
MVP - Kobe if they are giving to the "most valuable player to his team". LeBron or Nash if its a popularity contest.

Most improved - David West

Sixth man - Michael Finley

DPOY - Andrei Kirilenko

Coach of the year - Flip or Mike D (Phil as the dark horse) smokin'

Rookie - C.P.

NBA 1st:

G - Nash
G - Kobe
F - LeBron
F - Brand
C - Howard (never gonna happen but he has had a better year than Shaq by far)

NBA 2nd:

G - Billups
G - A.I.
F - Mello
F - Marion or K.G.
C - Yao (really improved this year).

Defensive team:

G - Billups
G - Bowen
F - Artest
F - Brand
C - Howard

Myth
Don't forget Dirk!

koolruningz
Who? stick out tongue

tanjot
HEY...vince has more votes than chauncey and dirk...and....just as much as nash and kobe.

tanjot
MVP-nash, lebron,or vince carter.

Most improved- Boris Diaw/Chris Wilcox(after the trade to seattle...(he had a 24 point, 21 rebound game for me and many more double doubles after i picked him up from free agency)

Sixth man-Mike Miller

Defensive Player-Bruce Bowen

Coach of the year- Flip Saunders ( my favourite coach....gave vince the starting spot) lol.

darth_royke
mvp..... dirk

most improved... diaw

sixth man.. gordon

coach... byron scott

defensive... wallace

rookie of teh year.... charlie villanueva... just for proving the doubters wrongwink

wuTa
Originally posted by tanjot

you know there can only be one mvp right? you just picked two of the favorites, and one you just picked out of pure favoritism, you may think vince carter should get MVP but he isn't even in the top 5 for MVP Consideration

MVP-Nash, although i would like to see billups get it, and admittingly part of that is because he is a piston...it's is more than unlikely he will

Most Improved-Caron Butler

6th man-Stack

defense-B. Wallace

COY-Avery Johnson

tanjot
Originally posted by wuTa

you know there can only be one mvp right? you just picked two of the favorites, and one you just picked out of pure favoritism, you may think vince carter should get MVP but he isn't even in the top 5 for MVP Consideration

MVP-Nash, although i would like to see billups get it, and admittingly part of that is because he is a piston...it's is more than unlikely he will

Most Improved-Caron Butler

6th man-Stack

defense-B. Wallace

COY-Avery Johnson

I KNOW THAT. its my opinion on who i think should be getting it...and if vince was not my favourite i still would have picked him because i know the nets would not even be close to a playoff spot without him. nash more than deserves to be a back to back mvp for proving all the haters wrong that said he could not play well without amare. just like the nets without vince, the cavs without lebron would be nowhere.

koolruningz
I think Vince has certainly improved the Nets, but to say the Nets wouldnt be in the playoffs (in the East no less) without him? Dont you think you are selling Kidd and RJ a bit short there? Vince has put them at the next level but i still think they would have made the playoffs without him, albeit a very low seed.

wuTa
exactly....i don;t think anyone can argue that vince didn't improve the nets but when you put a good player with jason kidd, that player is going to have a good year, look at what he did to kenyon martin, now don't noone go shitting in diapers because i'm not saying vince carter isn't good i'm just saying one reason why carter has played so well this year is because he doesn't have the leadership role like he had in toronto, it's less pressure for him so even if the nets lose he doens't have to shoulder as much of the responsiblity, and playing with the best pure point guard in the league doesn't hurt either

tanjot
Originally posted by koolruningz
I think Vince has certainly improved the Nets, but to say the Nets wouldnt be in the playoffs (in the East no less) without him? Dont you think you are selling Kidd and RJ a bit short there? Vince has put them at the next level but i still think they would have made the playoffs without him, albeit a very low seed.

so ru saying that the nets would have made BAAARELY edged out cleveland for the final playoff spot last season and won 14 of their last 20 games without vince??? remember... rj played the whole season up to that point and about 3 games after vince came to nj, and the nets did not secure a playoff spot (with rj and j-kidd). after that he got injured and was out for the rest of the season. so you mean to tell me that jason kidd, nenad krstic, and the rest of the nets players would have been enough to barely clinch the 8th seed with 20 games remaining in the season? no. they would not have. a few idiots last season were saying...he cannot do what he did for 20 games last season for a whole season, but he has done that and more. despite not having as high a scoring average he has been even more remarkable for the nets this season than last season.

koolruningz
The point is that we'll never know will we? Its all hypothetical, my opinion is that they would have reached this post season without him. Remember they would have still had Mourning, Williams and 2 first rounders if we're gonna act like the trade never happened. That with Kidd, RJ and the emergence of Kristic would have been enough to see them to the playoffs IMO.
We are actually complimenting Carter at the moment and still you act like a scalded cat just because we dont 100% agree with you.

wuTa
yes, the point was that the eastern conference with the exception of 3 teams, is a wide open conference, adding vince carter with kidd and rj puts them in back in the top 3 but a healthy nets team without vince carter could have made the playoffs THIS year, now noone is saying that the nets are better without vince carter but we are saying that a healthy nets team minus carter could have made the playoffs as a low seed, COULD HAVE not WOULD HAVE, big difference there... nd lets not forget that even before vince carter was a net, the nets still made the nba finals twice and were one of the top 3 teams in the east, but at that time even being 1st meant nothing because the west was so dominant, that is until the detroit pistons snagged rasheed wallace and brought back respect in the east

tanjot
Originally posted by koolruningz
The point is that we'll never know will we? Its all hypothetical, my opinion is that they would have reached this post season without him. Remember they would have still had Mourning, Williams and 2 first rounders if we're gonna act like the trade never happened. That with Kidd, RJ and the emergence of Kristic would have been enough to see them to the playoffs IMO.
We are actually complimenting Carter at the moment and still you act like a scalded cat just because we dont 100% agree with you.

as for the last part of ur post....that was completely unnecessary. just because i post something differently you think im trying to be cocky??? just calm down a bit, and keep this as a debate on sports and do not try to get personal.

tanjot
yes, the point was that the eastern conference with the exception of 3 teams, is a wide open conference, adding vince carter with kidd and rj puts them in back in the top 3 but a healthy nets team without vince carter could have made the playoffs THIS year, now noone is saying that the nets are better without vince carter but we are saying that a healthy nets team minus carter could have made the playoffs as a low seed, COULD HAVE not WOULD HAVE, big difference there... nd lets not forget that even before vince carter was a net, the nets still made the nba finals twice and were one of the top 3 teams in the east, but at that time even being 1st meant nothing because the west was so dominant, that is until the detroit pistons snagged rasheed wallace and brought back respect in the east

i know the nets have a good history as a winning team over the past couple of years, but i was just talking about last season and this season in particular. i know they had alonzo but he is not nearly as good as carter...(got crowned by him twice in the same game..LOL). the first round draft picks were great for toronto with charlie v. and joey graham who both have great potential, but like you said the nets could have made the playoffs without vince...not would have, the nets could have gotten the same draft pick...not would have, meaning they may not have been as good draft picks.

darth_royke
3 teams in the east that could win it? is everyone sleeping on cleveland???? they have a better record than new jersey, ableit by only one game... but also have been on a decent run vcoming into the playoffs. dont count them out! i can see them beating the nets, possibly even miami... i think there wont be any upsets in the first roundwhos from there?

wuTa
cleveland can make a good run, but i don't see them gettin past one of the top 3 seeds because they don't have the playoff experience and gooden and igudickface (sp?) are too incosistent, but that's not to sell them short and say they can't do it, thats just me saying i don;t think they are gonna do it, but i've been wrong before......but not often evil face

i know the nets have a good history as a winning team over the past couple of years, but i was just talking about last season and this season in particular. i know they had alonzo but he is not nearly as good as carter...(got crowned by him twice in the same game..LOL). the first round draft picks were great for toronto with charlie v. and joey graham who both have great potential, but like you said the nets could have made the playoffs without vince...not would have, the nets could have gotten the same draft pick...not would have, meaning they may not have been as good draft picks.

yea but alonzo was never healthy with the nets either, i don't know the exact number of games he played for them , but i know it wasn't alot, and everyone knows carter is a better net than zo, that was kind of pointless to bring up....... i know you were talking about last season and this season, you talking about last season is what made me bring up prior season...all me and kool were saying was that the nets could have made the playoffs without carter due to the fact that the east's low seeds are so wide open come playoff time, and it appears you took exception to that because we said the nets could have made the playoffs minus vince carter

Dr. Strangelove
Most Valuable Player: Lebron

Most Improved: Boris diaw

Sixth Man: Mike Miller

Defensive Player of the Year: Ron Ron

Coach of the Year: Mike Dantone

All-NBA First Team:
G Steve Nash
G Kobe Bryant
F Shawn Marion
F Lebron James
C Shaquille O'Neal

All-NBA Second Team:
G Chauncy Billups
G Chris Paul
F Ron Ron
F Rasheed Wallace
C Yao Ming

G Bruce Bowen
G Kirk Henrick
F Ron Ron
F Andrei Kirilenko
C Ben Wallace

koolruningz
as for the last part of ur post....that was completely unnecessary. just because i post something differently you think im trying to be cocky??? just calm down a bit, and keep this as a debate on sports and do not try to get personal.

laughing You are way too sensitive sometimes, especially considering that you yourself have been known to get way more personal than what i said (which really wasnt that bad).
Like wuTa said we were just pointing out that the Nets could make the playoffs without Vince, its not really that hard to believe. But as none of us have the ability to journey into alternate realities its all opinions and guesswork, so stop getting so offended.

Soujaboy
Make your predictions on who wins MVP, Most Improved, etc.

Most Valuable Player: LeBron James

Most Improved: Boris Diaw

Sixth Man: Donyall Marshell

Defensive Player of the Year: Bruce Bowen

Coach of the Year: Flip Saunders

All-NBA First Team:
G Steve Nash
G Kobe Bryant
F LeBron James
F Elton Brand
C Shaquille O'Neal

All-NBA Second Team:
G Chauncy Billups
G Dwayne Wade
F Vince Carter
F Rasheed Wallace
C Yao Ming

G Bruce Bowen
G Raja Bell
F Shawn Marion
F Andrei Kirilenko
C Ben Wallace

braveniler58
According to reports, Steve Nash will win MVP again.

tanjot
and according to reports boris diaw will win most improved. it would be great for the suns to get two individual awards and especially for nash to repeat as mvp.

darth_royke
true... unless they go out in the first round blink

braveniler58
and according to reports boris diaw will win most improved. it would be great for the suns to get two individual awards and especially for nash to repeat as mvp.

Looks like that isn't going to happen. We rallied from a 3-1 hole to tie it 3-3, now the final game is at Phoenix, you can bet the fans are gonna be crazy. the Suns should win this.

Myth
Originally posted by braveniler58
Looks like that isn't going to happen. We rallied from a 3-1 hole to tie it 3-3, now the final game is at Phoenix, you can bet the fans are gonna be crazy. the Suns should win this.

What do you mean "isn't going to happen". Diaw already got his MIP and Nash is getting MVP (according to early reports).

tanjot
STEVE NASH MVP!!! WHAT!!!! phoenix has now won two individual awards...most improved player and most valuable player, now they have their eyes set on a team award after making a 3 game comeback to beat the lakers and are about to face los angelos's other franchise, the clippers.

braveniler58
Originally posted by Myth
What do you mean "isn't going to happen". Diaw already got his MIP and Nash is getting MVP (according to early reports).

Quoted the wrong post. I meant the one below the one i quoted. x_X

Myth
Ah, makes more sense now brav.

STEVE NASH MVP!!! WHAT!!!! phoenix has now won two individual awards...most improved player and most valuable player, now they have their eyes set on a team award after making a 3 game comeback to beat the lakers and are about to face los angelos's other franchise, the clippers.

Did you just get cocky for a team that you have never verbally supported on here before? Bandwagon?

tanjot
Ah, makes more sense now brav.

Did you just get cocky for a team that you have never verbally supported on here before? Bandwagon?

i have always supported steve nash and would like to see his team reach the finals against new jersey. that would be fun to watch..two great fast break teams.

Myth
Thats cool. I just never really saw you verbally (or typed) support him before so it through me off.

tanjot
i have verbally(typed) supported him before. you just missed it.

game 1 between miami and new jersey in 4 hours...cant wait!!

darth_royke
any score predictions for that game then?

96-89 to miami...

miami wins second game and jersey win third. miami then steal one at jersey but jersey hits the heat at home and its 3-2. after that? who knows!

tanjot
predictions for nets vs heat.......

nets steal game 1
heat win game 2
nets win game 3
nets win game 4
heat win game 5
nets win game 6. done.

nets move on to face detroit in eastern conference finals.

Myth
Followed by:
Detroit wins game 1
Detroit wins game 2
Detroit wins game 3
Detroit wins game 4

wuTa
eek! laughing

tanjot
Followed by:
Detroit wins game 1
Detroit wins game 2
Detroit wins game 3
Detroit wins game 4

doubt that. new jersey was the only team to hold the pistons to under 40 points at halftime, hold the pistons to 10 points in the first quarter, and chauncey billups to 7 points in the game. new jersey is a very dominant team when all of the big three are having a good shooting night, and krstic is always automatic from the outside.

wuTa
the regular season is over....phoenix dominated the lakers in the regualr season but that didnt happen in the postseason

koolruningz
Yep the Pistons have gone into another gear. Ha Ha! embarrasment

tanjot
the regular season is over....phoenix dominated the lakers in the regualr season but that didnt happen in the postseason

whether u dominate them or not a win's a win, and pheonix beat the lakers just like they did in the regular season. the fact that the lakers won 3 games means nothing. just like the fact that indiana won 2 games means nothing. the team that moves on to the next round is the team that still has a point to prove, while the losing team has lost that opportunity.

darth_royke
would u say the same if miami wins the next four games? you have to give credit to other teams. especially when you are'nt even teh best team in the league.

Myth
What dumbass voted Deron Williams over Chris Paul for ROY? He should have gotten that unanimously.

wuTa
i voted for Deron Williams eek!

whether u dominate them or not a win's a win, and pheonix beat the lakers just like they did in the regular season. the fact that the lakers won 3 games means nothing. just like the fact that indiana won 2 games means nothing. the team that moves on to the next round is the team that still has a point to prove, while the losing team has lost that opportunity.

laughing what the hell are you talkin about?

tanjot
Originally posted by darth_royke
would u say the same if miami wins the next four games? you have to give credit to other teams. especially when you are'nt even teh best team in the league.

yes i would say the same if miami wins the next four games ( which they sure as hell will not).

Myth

Pheonix ended up getting the better of the Lakers in the end, but the point was that everything didn't play out the way it did in the season because its a whole new ball game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.